Demon art thread

Looking for humanoid or bestial demon art for model conversion ideas.

Search for art by Wayne Barlowe on the topics of demons or hell.

Something Skaven.

Darksouls may be worth reflecting on.

I'd love to make some conversions based off of DS3 demons, where they're so old that they're slightly overgrown-looking and petrified. Like crumbling stone and petrified wood.

Slightly unrelated, I'm feeling in an artsy mood tonight. Does anyone have any kind of demon they'd like me to draw? I can't promise I'll do all of them, but I'll try to get a good few done.

Draw me the most livid pixie ready to fuck shit up.

Something akin to The Ragged Knight from ADB's Black legion series would be pretty cool, a daemonic reflection/perversion of a knight or other ancient soldier.

My main issue was D&D hell simply isn't terrible enough, so I made this, a worst hell imaginable named Ashralak.

The floors of Ashralak are made of bodies so heavy with evil that they have putrefied & petrified, scalding hot & spewing flames & magma suddenly & regularly. The west wall is made of scalding inward-pointing blades, the north wall is made of red hot salt masses, the south wall is made of salted red-hot glass powder piles, & the east wall is made of salted white-hot slag. Darkness there scalds the body like acid, light scalds the body like fire, simply existing burns the skin off steadily. The lifespan of an inmate is no longer than 4 breaths before death comes swiftly, inmates spend every waking moment screaming in pain & begging for nonexistence, darkness is heavier than lead, scalding vapors of burning putrescent bodies leak from the ground so thickly that sight is useless, & there is so much sound that hearing leaves the inmate only a few seconds after arrival, such heat assails the inmate that the body becomes dripping masses of jelly which simply drop to the floor, every weapon used in an evil deed rains from above, every rejected flawed or broken weapon rains from above, all diseased vomit & dung pours in from above, fires so hot they make inmates who happen to be near them vomit fire & explode burn continuously, scalding salt hailstones assail the inmate, and spews of ice-slurry blast up from the floor with no warning.

Average sentence: 10 billion to 100 billion lifetimes

Average length of lifetime: absolutely never longer than 4 breaths.

Think of this; Demons and Devils absolutely never die by any cause except either being slain by holy magic / weapons / holy macguffins, or the end of time happening.

Instead, each time they're defeated, their bodies ooze back together and reform, always more hideous and terrible than before.

The process is like burning alive in reverse, naked organs veins and bones form first, then flesh steadily forms, skin and the outermost outside forming last.

In one of my campaign settings, the term "demon" refers to a physical being created by a metaphysical one (that is, a god or gods). And since these physical beings arise by acts of divine will rather than by the processes of natural selection and evolution, there's no practicality, realism, or plausibility in their forms. If a god wills it to be, there it is.

One demon encounter I put before my party was a "Major Pestilence Demon" - essentially, a massive walking bioweapon (that didn't know it was a bioweapon) made by the dwarven engineer god. The party had to prevent the shambling heap of diseased flesh from reaching the river, as their hometown was just downstream. These are the notes I wrote for it, and pic related is the art I used:

>It’s a humanoid figure in a reclining position, leaning back against a boulder. If standing, this figure would surely tower some 30 feet into the air - but for now, it lays passively back on its rock, blending in with the landscape. You can see its chest rising and falling with breath. There’s a definite aroma of coppery blood and rotted flesh in the air. Growing closer, you can tell that its skin is not dirt or mud. The dappled, pebbled surface is comprised of an untold number of pustules, boils, scabs, sores, and open wounds. Some are crusted over, some are leaking. Maggots writhe and squirm in the hideous flesh. Its eyes peer out from behind eyelids drooping with tumors. The stench makes your eyes water, and brings the sting of bile to the back of your throat.

>When it speaks, opaque fluids drip from its jaw, and swarms of flies enter and leave its mouth. Its voice is a low, smooth, slow basso. There is no gravelly tone or rasp here - as if inside, this beast is in perfect health. When it moves, sheets of repugnant skin slough off of its limbs. It picks these up and slaps them back on to where they fell. Sometimes, the skin does not stick.

It came to mind while drawing these that you both basically described demon Guts and Puck. Eh, close enough.

It makes me so much happier that you chose to draw these two together. Thank you.

post more pls

Look no further than Barlowe and Giger when it comes to luxurious, exotic demon design. However, they're still rooted in classicism, you can see the gothic/renaissance origin in Barlowe's demonology.

I still have to see truly unique demon depiction.

That's only about 6,342 years, and only if you do a maximum of 4 breaths for all of your only 10 billion lifetimes.

>I still have to see truly unique demon depiction.

No matter what someone posts, you will never claim it's unique enough for you.

That's fair, however, two things to consider.

A, if you are experiencing a lifetime in Ashralak, after your sentence is complete its nearly 100% likely that you will simply move "up" a ways and do a bunch more time in some other hell.

B, would you want to spend even 1 second in such a place? I sure as "hell" wouldn't (thank you, thank you! try the mangled soul casserole, its the best in hell!)

Heres a question submitted for your consideration; does hell, or do hells, have native life forms that aren't demons? I mean to say native "natural" animals that have conventional organic bodies. (such as spiders pigs vultures snakes scorpions etc)

Another issue I had with D&D hells was there a few to many I thought, I made 3 to do all of what all of the old ones did, Ashralak, Gehrax (covered here) and the twin regions of Tanoryc and Batnor.

The floor of Gehrax is made of rust-powder & crushed bones, the east wall is made of freezing tombstones, the west wall is made of blade fragments frozen in sleet, the north wall is made of icy tears frozen-solid, & the south wall is made of frozen bodies & hailstones. Pain & Hunger are the constant companions of those villains who inmate there, the fluids of every decomposing corpse pouring in a torrential flood-rain upon them as they suffer open leprosy wounds, plagues, blisters, gout, dysentery, gangrene, frostbite, syphilis, as well as dry mouth so intense their tongues split. Giant brass wolves who breathe fire savagely bite tear & attack inmates while demons with scalding sawtooth salted blood dripping weaponry & hundreds of arms each brutally chop inmates to pieces to make rations. There is nothing to eat or drink in Gehrax except the bodies of slain inmates, inmates spend the entire sentence without ever knowing where they are or what they were sentenced for, & any time an inmate stops moving, for even a moment, brass wolves & torturing sawtooth demons appear instantly from nothing to rip the inmate apart in a bloody, cruel, excruciating death.

I forgot to make mention of 1 crucial fact; there are no demons (none) in ashralak, simply existing there is torment enough, and both demons and devils fear it.

Setences in Gehrax: 50 million to 100 million lifetimes

Average lifetime: 3 to 5 days.

Demons both are native to the area and visit it regularly.