That Guy Thread

>plan out a pokemon game using one of the many systems that are out there
>print everything in decently thick paper so it looks nice, have hand outs for every single pokemon ready, even buy little pokeball and pokemon stickers from amazon for my players
>it only lasts one night because a fucking beta fuck wouldnt stop hitting in the one female player we had, the only one who seemed genuinely interested and appreciative of the system and the effort i put into making the game fun
>he starts hitting in her ic, she deflects
>he keeps trying to touch her ooc, she deflects and changes chairs politely after we take a break for food
>day after the game she says shes not coming anymore in the group chat
>ask her in private chat, turns out creep guy sent her dick pics and kept harassing her
>she blocked him, sent me screenshots, I talk to the others and we decide to kick him out since he was trying a meme character anyway (he had a poliwag named pepe because he wanted it to evolve into politoed) in an otherwise serious party
>girl says she still doesn't feel safe with all the harassment, creep is badmouthing me and the group in every single game group in campus

I hate people, Veeky Forums. Why couldn't this freak keep it in his pants? Why was the girl so dramatic if we dealt with him anyway?

Fuck you Raul.

Whatever ,general That Guy thread.

Sorry to hear that OP. Sounds like a genuine case of ThatGuy
I dont have anything to contribute because I've only run for one group for the past 4 years

RAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL

Fuck that Raul guy!

Damn son, sorry for having all your hard work go to waste.

>inviting a girl to play
you're that DM, raul did nothing wrong
he martyred himself to save all of you

Fuck you, Raul.

I hate to be that guy, but that's seriously what you get for inviting / letting a guy named Raul play with you.

>>he starts hitting in her ic, she deflects
>>he keeps trying to touch her ooc, she deflects and changes chairs politely after we take a break for food
You clearly should've put a stop to it there. I'm not surprised that she's not interested in coming back when the situation was allowed to escalate that far the first time.

That sucks, but he's gone now, so you can continue, can't you?

Also now you have his dick on record, and can post it up on campus.

>pokemon game

That was your first mistake

That would have been perfect YikYak material. RIP the shitposting heyday of YikYak.

My question is - why do people like you keep making up stories? Where effort of Veeky Forums into getting shit done went? I remember the thread when we made up Wild Cards, threads with fun shitposting like sending letter to Abbadon, fuck, even first of those damned Weaver quests. What happened? I know it still happens, but you could as well as search for gold in shit.

Yeah, I realize this now. We did talk when he started getting touchy, but we didn't really think too much of it.

I do agree it's on me for not doing more, maybe we would've been missing one player instead of two. Whatever.

Don't delude yourself.
>you could as well as search for gold in shit.
It has always been like this.

I don't put up with that shit at the table. You gotta come down hard right away, in person. Betas fucking suck man. You give them hours of work setting things up, only to flake out or ruin it with asbergers jokes because they literally don't understand that a positive relationship with real humans in two ways.

I'm getting into a tangent, but I volunteer with autistic kids/teens and play free form DnD role play type games. I send them to order mead from the bar tender while trying to find out who is the assassin in the room. You know how That Guy will stab people for no reason? yeah they do that alot, so I make sure that they get realistic responses. Its hard to get out of the town and into the dungeon that's for sure.

Of course it was. But there was something more.

That's what you get for playing with a spic.

People that can't play with women always make me laugh. In my experience if you want a more story based pen and paper. Women are some of the best players because they get involved in the story. My two female players take the best notes, make some of the better decisions and usually have a lot more of an idea of what is going on.

>starting a Pokémon club for adults
Honestly I'm surprised only one rapist showed up.

Thats the worst Im currently dealing with one of my online players lowkey creeping on the only girl and it drives me nuts like she has a boyfriend and she identifies as asexual like what are you doing going after that the retard

Could be worse. Could be a nigger.

Sorry, but anyone who uses the term "lowkey" to describe something is a complete faggot so I can't take your post seriously.

Subtly lusting after her characters and her out of game and generally making himself a pain does that work better for you?

I recently came back after a few years' break. It's literally the same, except that you have to filter out "CYOA" instead of "quest" now.

I hope you get a ton of unwanted dick pics
unless you're a fag

>Why was the girl so dramatic if we dealt with him anyway?

If you think she was being "dramatic", you and your attitude are also part of the problem, i.e. part of the reason she is not coming back to your group.

Unless you're capable of understanding that sexual harassment is actually profoundly unpleasant for girls, you are going to have a tough time being friends with them.

>t. closeted homo

My wife is the most undramatic of girl gamers. She's been with us for decades and everything is cool.

>decades

How old are you, gramps? Tell us about the 80s!

Everyone walked back then. Not like the 90s, that was fucking crazy, with everyone running everywhere.

You didn't do your job very well.
I would not trust your group after that either.

Maybe pay more attention to the important things instead of the pepe memes and you might be able to stop that guy before he ruins your game again.

It's almost as if they had a naturally more developed talent for communication, social bargaining and dialogue.

Any male that plays role playing anything is on the verge of becoming a flamming homo or something. Stop pretending that you are not one of us.

>gets obviously harassed in front of people
>nobody helps you in the moment, or immediately thereafter
Gee I wonder why she didn't yearn to play with you lot.

Should have just said lowkey.

Exclude the girl, and you pretty much got my gaming group. Never making an effort to actually get anything going themselves, and never appreciate the work I put in to all the games we play.

Only time one of the guy actually tried to make an effort, he was in charge of a barbecue evening with game night to follow. First up, he plans a good 3 weeks ahead, and still calls me 10 minutes before Im about to go to his place and ask if I can "pick up some necessities". These "necessities" ended up in me buying everything for the whole god damn barbecue! And to top it of, he hadn't even started a fire when the guests arrived, so everything was delayed as fuck, he had forgot where he had placed the game that we where supposed to play, and ended up playing some shitty card game.
And what do you know, every single person at his place where all like "well good for trying, you really put some effort in to this, yada yada yada"... The fucker didn't even treat us with soda and chips and was a terrible host... sigh.. Just had to get this of my chest.

Sexual harassment is unpleasant for everyone who isn't a virgin with rage

>woman drops from group
>blame anyone but her
How about you man up and stop playing with vaginas? She was never going to let you put it in no matter how much you white knighted her.

This.
Grow the fuck up OP, ya fucking creepy manchild

>no matter how much you white knighted her
Sounds like you have a lot of experience on the field

Yeah I too was once a beta faggot. I grew up.

>identifies as asexual
>lowkey
>no commas
go back to гeddit

You were a gamma at best and now you are a beta.
Anything above beta and you would not be whitering away on Veeky Forums

This. You're lucky he didn't just whip his dick out Louis CK style.

Hi Raul! Fuck you!

>he had a poliwag named pepe because he wanted it to evolve into politoed
how did you miss this red flag in the first place?

Your friends suck.
Get new friends.

As someone who's been in your position, fuck people who don't put any effort in.

I thought I'd allow it because he was friends with one of my other players and he promised he was nice and normal. Of course he's apologizing now and saying he didn't know how freaky his friend was.

We did stop him and she didn't magically switch chairs with someone else. We talked it discreetly, sorry I didn't make it clear. I do agree we could've done more, like stopped the game and told him to fuck off.

I don't wanna put it in her, here's your (you)

user, are you suggesting that there are actual people in existence who'd not tell the guy to fuck off and fix it himself the moment he asks them to buy "everything needed of x"?

The absolute state of bootyblasted Raul

I'd cover for the guy once. To err is human, after all.
IF he paid me back and it would never happen again.

The second time something like that happens I'd just say he's on his own.

And did he pay you back?

>It's almost as if they had a naturally more developed talent for communication, social bargaining and dialogue.

Almost spit out my coffee. You can tell whoever wrote this is some pathetic male feminist.

>hitting in

Fuck you dude that annoyed me.

Maybe contribute instead of complaining like a bitch?

>naturally more developed talent for communication, social bargaining and dialogue.
That's why all the famous world leaders are women I guess.

>send them to order mead from the bartender
From what I’ve seen of autistic teens, you’ve given them the harder task.

>Running
>between 18 and 28 years ago
I was there for that time but the running thing is a new way of life to me.

That's what you get for playing with both an over-dramatic girl and a creep. Both would suck individually, together they ruin everything. It sucks that you may not have a game anymore, but remember that just because she was going to be interested in the game, that doesn't mean she would be a good player in the long term.

>why isn't anyone making OC for me
Go do something instead of bitching you fucking newfag

Not op.
But yes, they did.

Is that Eugene Hütz?

>>ask her in private chat, turns out creep guy sent her dick pics and kept harassing her
>>she blocked him, sent me screenshots

There's an obvious real-world solution for this. If this took place on campus, have her report him to campus authorities, and to local law enforcement. It sounds like she clearly has proof. It's not just 'that-guy' territory we're talking about here - it's an actual crime. This is border-line stalking and 'That-Guy' needs some special attention from the authorities.

Those aren't 'friends', those are social parasites. Ditch them and find / make friends with people who know how to reciprocate.

How does it feel knowing you're incapable of communicating in any meaningful fashion with more than half of the world's population?

In my experience, black people can be incredibly fun to game with. They get really into it.

>go to game
>creepy guy tries to grope her repeatedly while you chucklefucks just sit there and watch
>trying to play game has resulted in her being assaulted in front of some cucks too scared to say anything and getting bad-mouthed all around campus
>she doesn't want to come back
Wow, what a drama queen! All women are fucking whore and she totally wanted it, am I right? She should've known better.
And it's unbelievable that you're all going to call me a white knight. If you went to some place where you felt uncomfortable the entire time and some one repeatedly tried to grope you and sent nudes, would you go back? You'd have to be retarded to do so.

Agreed. Women need to be protected by men.

Frustrated spell caster here. My DM has been bugging me. All his sessions lately turn into "I found this big scary monster in my 3rd party monster manual" battle of the week fight club. The most recent session makes me not want to come back.

>The party is face to face with this monster that will attack the next turn
>Roll initiative
> I get top of the order
>Explain my plan to the group to find a way to run away and block the monsters path with a spell
>I go to take my turn and suddenly the monster has changed position to perfectly counter what I was about to do before its turn
>I have nothing else planned so try a hold monster spell on it
>Oh what save is that? Wisdom?
>dice roll behind dm screen
>pause
>well he has advantage on that
>roll
>okay he saves
>monster passes EVERY save through the fight
>later check the stat block of the monster
>wisdom is the weakest stat by far and has no advantage or bonuses

Maybe I would just have more fun trying to make the biggest numbers when I roll dice instead of trying to be creative.

It's Geoff Ramsey of Achevement hunter

Ah. Mustache threw me off

To be fair that Mustache is about half of his noteworthy facial features

I mean obviously she's not going to come back but that doesn't mean OP's a bad guy for not being a being a mind-reading harassment whisperer. Shit happens.

>girl being harassed, clearly not in a situation she likes
>ignore the situation

It's your fault. Dude is still a That Guy but you should have put a stop to it.

Maybe she should be able to voice her own opinion instead of waiting for someone else to do it for her?

Don´t get me wrong nobody likes Creepy fucks. And certainly not the sexually frustrated ones.

But you cant put all the blame on op for this

The only person that deserves any blame is Raul the sperg for thinking shit like that is socially acceptable.

>Maybe I would just have more fun trying to make the biggest numbers when I roll dice instead of trying to be creative.
When it comes to D&D this is what you should've been doing by default. It's not a system that's robust enough to allow for creativity when numbers are the only consistent thing the players have access to and magic is designed to win without numbers.

I agree. This seems like a pretty clear-cut case of actual sexual harassment. Gotta look out for our own as well.

Fuck off with this attitude, almost everyone is an agreement on this and nobody needs to hear your self-important bullshit. Maybe you aren't a white knight, but you are a tool because of the faggy way you went about expressing yourself. Literally conjuring up some kind of evil bogeyman on the spot just to make your inexplicable righteous indignation look good.

fuck you raul

your DM is doing that thing some DMs do when their awesome bbeg of the weak dies way sooner than expected. you should tell him to stop intentionally underpowering your characters for the sake of cinematics. if he responds with anything other than "i understand" this isn't going to stop until the party is dead.

>Party is on the frontier, and they visit this brand new town still under construction hoping to get some gold for what is essentially mercenary work.
>That Guy rogue decides he wants to steal things.
>Breaks into a warehouse, expecting loot
>Because there is massive construction going on, he finds piles of lumber and a lot of building tools.
>It's all heavy, and not very valuable, even if he could find a place to sell it.
>This is of course somehow my fault for not giving him the sort of treasure he deserves because by GOD he's a fifth level rogue and wants some level appropriate treasure every time he randomly breaks into a building.

I don't have much of a story to contribute but I'm pretty sure my players are going to get themselves killed this week.

One of them acts like a complete dumbass and the party had to talk him out of jumping down an elevator shaft last session.

Another one is playing a literal murder-hobo and also killed his entire tribe/family in his backstory.

Party is doing a job for a big time crime boss and the murder-hobo has decided that when they finish this job he is going to kill the crime bosses right hand man.

Now I'm all for that but there is no way they succeed just going toe to toe with these guys and I don't want to make it too easy on them because I feel like that would be just as bad as telling them no.

You're making me nostalgic user
>for like 2 years my uni was the most memey fucking place

He did more than you by mentioning this then you by contributing to this thread.

Keep doing what you're doing. He will cat catch on hopefully.
Next time he decides to burglarize a place without casing it make it a pillow warehouse or something less exciting.
As someone who has run thieves and burglars, prep work is the best damn thing.

Ah, you're one of those goys that thinks men are better than women at every single thing, I see.
No need to feel offended when some user lists the few things women do better than you, cockworshipper.

Women don't become world leaders, they fuck with world leaders, in more ways than the usual.
Most women just don't like to lead, mostly, at least not directly.

That pic reminds me of that painful Spoony rpg session that had every character trying to pierce the skeletons and everyone would be dead if the horse hadn't saved the day by kicking the things to death while the players ate shit.

>pokemon rpg

y tho

Also is it pronounced rah-ul or rool

Let them go ahead with the plan.
Make the bad guys act as if they were expecting it, with way more guards and security measures than usual when they meet.
If they still are dumb enough to follow with the plan, make it almost impossible to win

If they win somehow, it will at least be a dumbfest of unbelieveble luck.

If they lose, kill all of them.

Or maybe kill them but try to cripple one of them, make the villain give him a humiliating speech and then throw the guy into a slum far away, maybe in the turf of some rival crime boss, intending to show people what happens to those that try to pull a fast one on him.
The player tries to recover and plot his revenge or some shenanigans.
Make a rando murder-hobo that acts just like themselves get him, search him for valuables and then murder him in the most anti climitic way possible.

it's an important thing to learn. the only shit that matters is what you do in the moment, and considering how many creeps and social idiots are in this hobby i think it's extra important to make women at the table (especially if they're the only woman) feel safe (i.e. just treated like everyone else)

>Join a Discord server that has my buddies on it
>On the server, theres this girl
>She only ever uses ONE. FUCKING. CHARACTER.
>Its a fucking sorceress with all positive modifiers
>Ive been iffy of that from the start, feels kinda Mary Sueish
>I say this, she says it isnt and not to worry
>Whatever, lets just play a campaign
>We play, and its immediately apparent that she is the most OP as fuck character in the party, in every fucking party of every campaign Ive been in
>She spams magic missile, and says she doesnt have to roll to see if it hits
>I called bullshit, looked it up, read it says thats up to the DM.
>She says it doesnt matter anyways, doesnt even let the DM give an answer
>This point Im annoyed, she never roleplays, and when she does theres no development. Only a shitty little comment
>The rest of my pals start getting annoyed by this too, shes always shitting up our campaigns
>We dont just boot her out because we dont wanna be rude, but one day it gets on all oir nerves and we start openly complaining
>She makes up some bullshit about how she stopped using that character, but when I saw her new one, ITS JUST THE SAME DAMN CHARACTER BUT WITH BETTER STATS NOW
>We cant ban her, she sucks the server owners dick so hes on her side, saying that if we keep on having a problem they will start becoming dictators
>At this point, fuck it. I really liked the owner but this is bullshit, Im out.
>Leave the server, and join another. Shes banned from that one and its filled with way better people to get along with

Why do women shit up everything? I really liked the owner he was a cool guy

>She spams magic missile, and says she doesnt have to roll to see if it hits

Magic Missile

1st-level evocation

Casting Time: 1 action

Range: 120 Feet

Components: V,S

Duration: Instantaneous

You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4+1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously and you can direct them to hit one creature or several.

At higher levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot above 1st.

Not having to roll to hit is sort of THE thing with magic missile.

Alright fine, but its still annoying when its THE ONLY FUCKING THING she ever does in the campaign. She only fucking does it because she wants to be Duh Best and not have to fail rolls. Its not fun and its gets annoying really fast when the rest of us put time into developing characters while she just sits at the top of the bar.

100% true in my experience. Men don't pay attention or care about anything usually. Women remember fucking hair colours and shit.

>he has a Politoed called Pepe

>>She spams magic missile, and says she doesnt have to roll to see if it hits

She's correct.

>>We dont just boot her out because we dont wanna be rude

Grow some fucking testicles.

>Have player in group who is deaf, but gets by extremely well through lip reading.
>Enter into dungeon which is full of musical puzzles. And I mean that literally; DM is actually playing musical snippets off of his laptop.
>Deaf player contributes nothing to solving them.
>DM penalizes him in XP accumulation at the end of the session for "just being there and not contributing"
>Everyone in an uproar.
>Game group looks like it's going to dissolve over this.

>DM penalizes him in XP accumulation at the end of the session for "just being there and not contributing"