What would a tailed race REALLY have to worry about, pragmatically?

What would a tailed race REALLY have to worry about, pragmatically?

Tail holes in clothing?
Tail grooming? Learning Prestidigitation just to keep the tail clean?
Sitting down comfortably? Preferring chairs that let the tail slip out the back?
Keeping the tail safe in combat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4nyHPIcbn88
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Weebs trying to pet it.

>Keeping the tail safe in combat?
That's the big one. You know how having long hair is a disadvantage in combat? Having a huge fluffy tail would be even worse.

Also this.

Yeah those would be concerns, but all together pretty minor ones.
Certainly not enough of a downside to detract from the boost to your balance and possibly utility if its prehensile.

They'd need to worry OP coming up with awful justification to make a thread, for no reason other than to post an image that makes his dick hard.

>Having a huge fluffy tail would be even worse.
Probably less bad really, since you'd be aware of exactly where it is and capable of moving it.

Came here to post this

touching the fluffy tail

You can't stop me.

My nigga.

Disgusting furries trying to roleplay as them.

/thread

Long was never an issue in combat for 2 main reasons:
- You wear a helmet and tuck it inside.
- If any enemy have a free hand to grab they are lacking either a weapon or a shield and so is a greater disadvantage than you.

>Tail holes in clothing?
Clothing would probably be designed with tail holes in mind. If seeing through the hole is a problem they could include a flap that covers the hole, sort of like an upside down pocket that the tail goes through.
>Tail grooming? Learning Prestidigitation just to keep the tail clean?
Probably not difficult, they would be able to reach their tail and it's probably not all that different to cleaning and brushing hair. Also this: >Sitting down comfortably? Preferring chairs that let the tail slip out the back?
From observing my dog the tail probably wouldn't get in the way to much when siting down, they might just be able to curl their tail around their waist when doing so, although I imagine chairs that let the tail slip out the back would be popular.
>Keeping the tail safe in combat?
See:

Do like the saiyans and tie it around your waist. Trim the hair if it's too fluffy, and there you go.

That could put them at a serious disadvantage if they rely on the tail for balance. Also as said that's one hand that they can't use to carry another weapon or shield.

Lets be honest: we're talking about monstergirls here. You can easily hide your tail in your skirt, you don't need any fucking holes for that.

Why would they hide their tails?
Also, if she lifts her tail everyone is getting a free panty shot, which she might not want.

>mfw I realize that tails are a natural counterbalance to giant balloon tits, preventing back pain

Speaking of catgirls and kitsune and stuff.

How are they going to wear headphones or talk on the phone?

I seen headphones on Veeky Forums for them recently, anyone got that picture?

Headphones could be like the hearing protection for dogs.

What if they had 2 sets of ears? Would that be weird ?

They wouldn't be so fluffy if they didn't want me to pet it...but I will at least ask first.

here

Yes. Two sets of ears is pleb-tier.

>She was asking for it officer! Did you see that thing?

I regret nothing! I lived as few men dared to dream!

You could alternatively try to get a kitsune girlf-

oh.
oh, nevermind.

Found this thought it might be relevant.

Four ears is trash.

Meant

There's hostess clubs for that, I'm sure.

Nice. Have another.

Personally I think skull needs to be better built on this one, but sideears are the best way to do kemonomimi.

Some kitsune have more than one tail too
>group tailhugging session

...Wait, i just realized something
>Species with prehensile tails
>tail massage

Why do you think the nine tailed fox is the most powerful? No one can resist fluffiness of that magnitude.

I underestimated the floof.

But is is bad to touch the ears?

But how else will I know if they're real or not?

Closing doors into them.

Kitsunes are just shapeshifting magical animals so they can have four ears if they want to, their ear canals don't need to make sense. Also wouldn't it make more sense to have the inner ear be arranged differently like an actual cat rather than awkwardly adapting it to the human inner ear?

>sort of like an upside down pocket that the tail goes through.
I would just say let it be a small hole that's open, then you pull up your pants or skirt or whatever, then either button or buckle the hole closed. Similar to how the front of real pants work, minus the zipper and maybe smaller.

Source?

>so they can have four ears if they want to
If they want to gross everyone out, maybe.

Ah yes, the legendary nine-eared fox

They might be very proud of their tails, so it would require regular grooming. Of course, they could always get a human to do it for them, probably one of those virgin losers who would do it for free.

In a setting with both humanoids with human-like heads and animal-people with ears on top of their head, telephones would probably be designed with telescopic handles. Once cell phones come around they'd probably have separate side-ear and top-ear models.

>You could alternatively try to get a kitsune girlf-
>oh.
>oh, nevermind.

Is it weird if I would like to grope their ears?

>Sitting down comfortably
I remember this being touched on in My Hero Academia with that giant tailed guy, I think he had to have a custom chair built

I'm gonna go with fur traders.

On the one hand, if they like to have their ears groped then they might be more open to it. On the other hand, if it feels too good then it might be akin to sexual harassment.

I've often heard black people complain about white people just randomly touching their hair, so I imagine it'd be the same for cat-ear people, but even more so.

A tail is a terrible liability in combat. If you're going into a goblin nest of tomb filled with undead it's one more thing enemies can grab onto and overwhelm you.

>tomb filled with undead
Are you implying undead would do something so unsightly as touching a kitsune's tail without asking? Skeletons are bros and gentlemen who fight fairly and justly

We're not talking about skeletons, we're talking about zombies, surely. They're always grabbing at people, it's just what they do.

And some asians like to touch blonde hair for luck, but you don't see people complaining about that.

because wh*tes deserve everything they get

But we Know the Japanese are weird user

Doors.

9 tailes = 9 times more likely to get tail stuck in door.

>higher pay
>more frequent promotions at work
>higher grades in school
>more likely to run a succesful business
Yes we do.

Ain't just black people. I'm white with long natural curls, and they attract hands.

This, and/or extermination.

Or they could just do this. No need for special phones.

whats that show?

best girl

Centaur no nayami

The first question is "What the fuck is the tail for?"

As much as evolution doesn't fit into fantasy much, nevertheless a good 80% of the bestiary will contain creatures that either directly come from real life, or are similar to them in some way that might make evolutionary sense.

A biped with a tail works with monkeys because it's a counterbalance and helps when living in trees. But if said tailed biped is a plains walker (like a Human) then that tail is completely useless - with the exception of it being naturally selected by females due to being considered attractive (see peacocks).

>tail holes in clothes?
Not exactly a major issue here. No need for a hole, you just hike up your trousers/skirt up to below the base of the tail.

>tail grooming?
If you are not a social creature, reaching it is not really an issue. It wouldn't be much different from cleaning your feet or hair. If you are a social you may find yourself getting help/and helping a relative, friend, or partner with it during a bonding exercise.

>sitting?
Sitting isn't an issue either, as the tail would likely protrude further up above the rump and therefore not get in the way at all. And it could probably easily turn to the side in case you rest against a flat surface.

>combat?
The primary striking areas in combat are the eyes, head, neck, and throat. Anything else is only a valid target if you are a pack hunter who relies on number to take out your target. The tail may serve as a useful counterbalance that allows for more acrobatic forms of combat, and therefore is actually more of a boon than a hindrance.

Besides, anyone trying to attack your tail is just setting themselves up for being killed quickly, as they've have to expose their vitals to do so. So... that's also a good thing for your if you had the tail.

Well there's that too. If the tail existed as a partial justification for their females having massive tiddies, I wouldn't complain.

>No need for a hole, you just hike up your trousers/skirt up to below the base of the tail.
That's lewd.

alright, thats fine, fuck zombies. I would gladly eradicate all the zombies out there for kitsune wellfare

So instead of their skulls being the structurally strongest bone in the body like with humans it's one of the weakest?

Also sounds a bit uncomfortable.

Something that laces or buttons up above the tail sounds like a better option.

See, that's the problem i too have with that design.

Pretty sure you can just join the parts of the skull that are under the earholes and it would be fine.

Or maybe have a separate, stronger structure that holds the brain. Facebones can get easily smashed (wear full helmets!) but brain is still about as safe as with humans.

The one that appeared on star trek?
Four left ears, four right ears and a final front ear?

id pet the fuck out of it

>centaur

>Is it weird if I would like to grope their ears?
Caster is actually an example of what I mean by this. I haven't played fsn, but i like her ears.

Could always do what pic related does and just use a dress.

>raises tail because of excitement
>flashes panties
horo indeed

They could always get it docked to reduce it as a liability.

id fuck the pet out of it

I'd fuck it until it became my pet

This guy gets it.

Why did that girl shove a hair pin through her ear?

It's a goth/punk/whatever thing. You wouldn't understand, mom.

I've found the perfect solution.

>tfw there's a song dedicated to that tail.
youtube.com/watch?v=4nyHPIcbn88

If God did not want me to touch tail he would not have made it so fluffy

I just want to pet him and tell him he's a good boy/10

Probably clothes
Just look at this, the poor girl can't use bikinis comfortable

She doesn't have a tail in that form. I'll take Elma instead.

That assumes 1 on 1 combat. If there is more than one enemy you are fucked.

But she does. The horns be showing thus she has her tail out as well.

Rape. Competing with human women. Being wiped out by humans. Is my list is ascending or descending order?

She just has a wire with a plug in though. That's not fluffy enough to bother with.