For mysterious alien empires, what are the best two color combinations...

For mysterious alien empires, what are the best two color combinations? Obviously red/black implies evil and gold/white implies good, but what other options are there?

Blue/Gray

Teal and Orange.

An user who understands the importance of signature two-color combinations. I approve. I'm personally a fan of blue-green for a race that blends science and nature, or white-blue for full-on science. White-red for a race that's militant but not full-on evil necessarily.

The Batman race, of course.

You should explain what the color combinations represent, though.

green and purple for evil bad
red and black for angry bad
Black and Grey for death bad

Hermit empire.

Black and glowing green conveys creepiness, green and silver kind of has a noble yet dark feel to it.

Blue and ultraviolet

Ultraviolet isn't a colour.

Green and brown for nasty biotech ayys

Blue and gold implies an imperialistic yet diplomatic nation.

Chrome and Neon.

Not to us

I'm a fan of gold and white, just to shake things up. If you want something more traditional, black and purple also works.

You can't even imagine the colors the human eye can't see.

Pastels in smooth organic curves.

A rainbow flag, but with more colors than a human eye can see, a stylized raygun shape over it.

Black, Red, Yellow, Horizontal Stripes to signify the hierarchy of the Empire.

Blue & Silver are usually good guys who have a altruistic society that doesn't go for straight up white knights like white/gold

Red & Gold for regal, noble, & militant. They can be good or evil

Gray and somehow different gray, due to inability to differ colors or absence of eyes

Metallic

green and purple

Black and Blue imho

Go with Gold and White. Because it implies good to us but that has fuckall meaning to aliens. But, while it does have a meaning to us, why not subvert it. Have the aliens be beautiful, elegant, resplendant, but mysterious nontheless.

Unusual combinations because not only will they have different connotations for colors, they might have a different visible spectrum. Like, the flag has a palette going from cyan to a nice middle UVA, and the violet symbol seems to fade away to nothing because half of it is ultraviolet.

It is to bees.

Checkmate

Dark Green/Yellow or Grey

Reminds me of 70s/80s space opera anime.

There's nothing evil about black and red flags.

This!

I like a dark, murky green with a bright vibrant red pairing for something kind of brutal and violent and protean.

Red and black are the colors of labor joining hands and forging a better future, you swine.

Should've put this in my post but.

I'm imagining a giant, hulking ship flying through space, made of matte dark green metal or even some sort of otherworldly stone light enough to build a spaceship but bulky enough to provide defense. Key areas, the bridge, the cannons, the scattered windows are traced out in angular neon red lights, carved into the inky black of space. The interior of the ship is laid out less in the format of grids and geometry and more as a complex network of tunnels and caves within the stone, with burning scarlet light crystals more akin to flares than to flourescents thrown up haphazardly across the walls and hanging from the dripping stalagtites. Beastly, savagely intelligent alien creatures stalk through the dimly lit structure and plan their next assault, on an unprotected trade vessel, a sparsely inhabited moon, or even perhaps the current chief-captain of the ship.

You like the french foreign legion?

I actually do really like that.

Alienness is usually represented by purple and teal.

Merry Christmas.

>t. GDI scum

Ultraviolet and C#

>Ultraviolet and C#
>not Beta emitters and radio waves

He's judging you