What kind of fantasy creatures would make for nice pets? Does people on your setting keep pets?

What kind of fantasy creatures would make for nice pets? Does people on your setting keep pets?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Weird_Wonderlings#Dungeoneering_Mimic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I call them blumofos, they float and have an omnivorous diet, they can also speak in broken sentences with a high pitched voice.

another pic

>blue mofos
Are they woman's best friend, collected by housewives seaking a companion to keep them warm in bed while their husbands are off fighting wars?

Rust Monsters

I chucked.
I didn't give them that form on purpose, but I guess some women would eventually try to have a special kind of intercourse with them.

This, and disenchanters

That looks more like a green mofo to me.

I think a cockatrice would make a good pet.

I like to imagine large scale versions of small critters are nice pets.

Like a giant, horse sized fox you can sleep next to, its huge fluffy tail being a blanket. Or a giant cute mouse that will do tricks for an entire cheese wheel.

If you're not adventuring with a small but vicious dog, you're doing it all wrong.

Everyone loves a rapable cunt.

Can you imagine the horrors that a horse-sized fox would visit upon the world?

Pet & Waifu.

There's somebody I follow who is making an rpg and I found these guys cute. I'm a sucker for tiny fairies.

define pets.

It's time for some pets
>Fluffy, chihuahua sized bumblebees which are bred for their wool. Quick learners, they can be trained in a manner similar to falconry. Although they can no longer sting, they can be trained to retrieve small objects.
>Lapgoats. Originally bred for waste disposal and compost, these small goats are able to feed on such harsh fare as vegetable scraps, nettles and kitchen waste. These creatures truly think with their stomachs. They are easily befriended with salty or sugary foods.
>Just an actual Eohippus. The ancient horse.
>Stumpy flightless pigeons native to an isolated tropical island. Although they cannot fly. their vision is extremely well developed. In the wild, the pigeons use their excellent eyesight to avoid camouflaged predators and seek out hiding insects. As pets, they can be kept in conditions similar to chickens. They are not fooled by camouflage, magical or otherwise.

Behold the owlcat.

/out/

>Swelter weasels. Although they were bred for use in cold environments, they are not outdoor pets. Swelter weasels have fine fur and their skin constantly radiates about as much heat as a hot water bottle. On cold mornings, the docile ferrets are wrapped around oneself in order to fend off the morning chill.
>Hawk chickens. Bred in the hopes of creating a more tamable substitute for the falcon, hawk chickens posses strong talons and well developed flight feathers. Although hawk chickens are as effective at catching game as falcons are, the chickens are nowhere near as menacing. Although the chickens posses the abilities and instincts of a predator, they still cluck and jerk their heads around while at rest.
>Ivy plants which coil and twist in order to search out sunlight. If an obstruction is placed in its way, the vines will weave and climb over the offending object to reach the sun. The plant reacts to damage by retracting and leans in to positive stimuli like speaking or petting. It is a common houseplant.

A pet rock.

Pet rocks that are neglected will slowly turn into greasy coal and crumble, while those that are loved and cared for with will become overgrown with soft, calming mosses.

>They are to gillmen what marmosets are to humans. Small fish with dexturous arms and legs, they lurk under mud in the shallows of freshwater lakes. When insects and small creatures loiter near the water's edge, they are seized and dragged underwater by the gill-imp. Captive specimens are kept in swampy terrariums and fed small bits of meat.
>Insect sized fey which look like blue elven heads with powerful jaws and dragonfly wings for ears. Rather than buzzing, they emit a low fizzing sound. Sometimes, they pop off to the feywilds to go hunting. They will be insulted if their owner does not eat the game they bring back.
>Street griffons. They have the front half of a house sparrow and the back half of a rat. They make twisting, labyrinthine warrens in attics and abandoned buildings. 'Fancy' versions exist which have coats of different colors and patterns.

Good for throwing, too.

I want a big fluffy bumblebee pet in real life.

I love it

Ok, this is fucking cute, as long as it's more friendly than most cats I would want one.

>Lapgoats
A cute, but very smelly idea. Much like normal goats.
>Swelter weasels
Practical and cute
>Pet ivy
I'm a sucker for green, living things. If my plants reached up to meet my hands and voice, I'd be so happy.

Actually sounds pretty cool, user.

Because I have no original ideas at the moment, and I remember the Veeky Forums creatures thread a couple months back:
>Dungeoneering mimic
>A smaller offshoot of mimic, these friendly little creatures are often sought by adventurers for their useful ability to change into a variety of tools and objects.
>A dungeoneering mimic enjoys it when it can return to a simple grey ooze-like substance and have its owner run his or her fingers through it.
Copypasta'd from 1d4chan.org/wiki/Weird_Wonderlings#Dungeoneering_Mimic

>implying you wouldn't be the pet

I like 'em. Remind me of PF's Leshies.

Cowls.
They perch on yer head.

Small winged serpents.

>Dungeoneering mimic
I want one.

thanks!

Saw this in a thread a few days ago. It seems neat but I don't know about the texture.

He fucks that alien on the page before that

Ironically owls do have a cat like personality.

doing an AFMBE campaign set in the stephen king mythos.

party pet is a billy-bumbler, pic related

Fluffy's. They talk, come in multiple colors and are fluffy like the name implies. Only downside is they are stupid and need discipline. They are like pig hamsters and get no bigger then a house cat.

With a face like that I'm not surprised. Rowr!

Yeah the alien is pretty hot. In all seriousness, that comic is pretty great, though. It's hilarious to think that it's a continuation of a Rob Liefeld comic.

Ferret!

>Ironically
You mean amusingly, or by coincidence, or something in a similar vein. "Ironic" is not the word you want, here. Pic related.

Regardless if I'm trying to be a dick or not, I'm probably coming off as one. Believe me when I say that I'm not trying to dig at your or hurt your ego.

It really is an amusing coincidence, though! Thanks for sharing.

I tip my fedora to you, m'gentlesir!

>Without the horns
>meh
>With those horns
I like.

what is this?

Dogs that are big enough to ride like horses.

>Ctrl + F
>"Draph"
>0 matches
>"Doraf"
>0 matches
Veeky Forums, pls

Yes, they need to be controlled

tiny fluffy ponies

er

...source?