How does Veeky Forums deal with roleplaying with people you hate...

How does Veeky Forums deal with roleplaying with people you hate? Old Pathfinder/D&D buddy is on leave from the military so I made a module for our group to play, but he wants to bring his friend who we all hate. This guy is a tumblr poster child and once told our group "I came her to play Pathfinder, not be friends", when we were joking around during a session. Do I stick to my guns and keep saying no? Or let him play with us again this one?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2017/08/03/541365481/transcripts-trump-told-mexican-president-border-wall-is-least-important-thing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You don't. If you aren't having fun while playing a game, what's the point?

I liked the old Veeky Forums when we had quests and other fun threads

This new Veeky Forums that's mostly screencaps and /pol/bait just isn't as fun

Veeky Forums is not your group counsellor. Solve your own goddamn problems.

I suggest putting the module on hold. You won't have fun running it if that person is around, and unless they're willing to approach you personally and ask what they can do to accommodate group cooperation there's no point.
If it causes too much tension to not include this person, tell people you're swapping out the module for a board game and/or casual drinking game. They can decide for themselves if they'll show up for that, and maybe they'll be a bit more tolerable since it's not the SRS BIZNESS of Pathfinder.

>"I came her to play Pathfinder, not be friends"
>"he's also your best friend"

Friend of my best friends that everyone hates

>user in charge of reading comprehension
Jacob is his friend. Aaron is the cuntbag.
As to answer OP's question, tell Jabob to DM if he wants his friend to play so badly.

Honestly I would just let him play, don’t be such a pussy lol. Does it hurt your little booty that someone at the table is a sperg with poor social skills?

>57631437
No you wouldn't, because you don't play or run a game and are just here trolling. Get (you)s somewhere else.

Thank you. I get it now.

Yeah, I think whoever OP is texting doesn't understand what it means to GM for a shitty player. It can be absolutely demoralizing to deal with, and having a mutual friend doesn't change that.

You have 2 options user.
1. Take a hard stance. Explain that no one likes the guy in clear and concise terms.
2. Go in, record the entire thing and purposely set him off. Let us enjoy the fallout. Because if he's gonna be terrible we should at least be amused by it.

You know, there are fun quest threads on a dedicated board now! They don't have to deal with shitty Veeky Forums threads. I think you would like it there.

OP, please don't intentionally cause problems in your social circle just so a few strangers on the Internet can have a laff.

>hurr someone with a different opinion must be a troll
Please contribute to the discussion or fuck off

>You know, there are fun quest threads on a dedicated board now!
Unfortunately, with Veeky Forums being how it is, all the players of those fun quest threads are on Veeky Forums.

Since we can't force all the players onto /qst/, it would be better for everyone involved if quests were just allowed back on their board of origin.

you're playing a game of pretend. pretend you don't hate them for a couple of hours.

But then you'll have to share board space with icky troll threads and /pol/ users. Quality over quantity, user.

>But then you'll have to share board space with icky troll threads and /pol/ users. Quality over quantity, user.

Then all we have to do is delete /pol/ and eventually they'll get bored pretending that they play RPGs as an excuse to talk about politics.

Either that or we just get rid of the board mods and go back to the wild west days of 2007 where only the anons who could stand all the Flare spam could handle being here.

Don't let the one guy who'll be there for one season ruin shit for you.

>all the players of those fun quest threads are on Veeky Forums
Which is funny, because you’re always bragging about how all the “creative” posters are on /qst/, so which is it?

>it would be better for everyone involved if quests were just allowed back on their board of origin
If that happened I guarantee anons would go into as many as possible and derail them. Very subtlety, of course, but enough to ruin them.
Like what happens now to several of them.

Did you not read the post? In what world is insulting the OP and also not contributing not considered trolling?

Try telling your friend what you've told us. Say that you're not sure about inviting him and tell him what the guy said when you were joking around and that you think he's kind of a dick and doesn't fit in with how you guys play. If your friend is still really insistent about having the guy come over then at least he'll be aware of things if the guy starts acting like an annoying ass again so maybe he can see your side of things. Maybe you can even politely confront the guy and ask him why he's taking the game so seriously and that you're all trying to have fun. Just be honest and talk with your friend about things, but if this dude is consistently fucking up the game for you then I can respect you sticking to your guns and wanting him to stay out of things. There's nothing wrong with wanting to keep someone toxic out of the time you set aside for fun.

I'll also say that this could be a good time to play something other Pathfinder. He sounds like the type that has only ever played Pathfinder and would probably bail if there was the chance he might have to try something new so that could solve your problem. I'm also obliged to say that PF is shit and you should play literally any other game anyway so you can be exposed to actually competent game design.

>you’re always bragging
I am?

>wahh someone on Veeky Forums insulted OP instead of answering super nicely
I knew I smelled reddit. Back to your hugbox kid

>their board of origin

/a/?

Cry more faggot

He can insult all he wants, I don't give a shit about that. Trolling is a time honored tradition in these parts, hell, you're doing it now. Just don't get butthurt when you're called out on it, although given your response it's a bit late for that.

Why is this even a problem? Is your friend especially thick-headed? Just keep telling him no, and if he brings him anyway cut contact with your shit friend because he obviously doesn't respect you.

Don't play with people you hate.

Also, based on that chat whoever you are talking to is a dick.

This. Playing with a bad player is annoying. Trying to GM for one is unbearable, and can sometimes ruin your ability to enjoy the process for weeks afterward.

I didn't like quest threads but I agree. The board has only become more toxic and repetitive since they were removed.

He's one of those guys who thinks he's on a closed network and everyone who disagrees with him is this one same dude trolling all the time.

Yeah, this right here. This is the answer.

Indeed.

>their board of origin
>/a/?

That would be fine with me. The quests that originated on /a/ can go back to /a/, the quests that originated on Veeky Forums can come back to Veeky Forums, etc.

>Do I stick to my guns

Always.

kill yourself

It's been more than a year

I thought it was going to be done within the first year

npr.org/2017/08/03/541365481/transcripts-trump-told-mexican-president-border-wall-is-least-important-thing

Agreed.

Have you tried nor being autistic?

I thought it wasn't going to get built, Hillary :^)

You don't. Tell your friend to not bring the other dude. Or just don't game.

Remember, no gaming is better than bad gaming. And introducing some douche who is gonna wreck the game for everyone else isn't good.

>career built on broken promises and underpaid workers
>still thinking any of these promises were going to happen
Makes you think

>How does Veeky Forums deal with roleplaying with people you hate?
You calmly yet firmly tell them no and explain to them why. They will curse, scream, REEEEE, and blow a gasket but you're not obligated to deal with other people's +1, especially if their +1 is a source of drama or a distraction from game.

Would it really make your friend on leave happy? Remember, he could spend the day with the other guy. Ask him what he wants.

Maybe you guys could just do board games?

I love the questfag argument that quests need to come back because questfags are too fucking lazy to click one goddamn link that is literally at the top of every page on the site.

You either:
A) Have a majority of people that browse Veeky Forums that like quests, in which case,you should have enough people to maintain /qst/, while leaving the minority to talk about traditional games in peace.This should be a win/win. If this is the case, the reason it is not working is on YOU, as a group, that your board isn't active enough because you are too fucking lazy to use it. or
B) DON'T have a majority of people that browse Veeky Forums that like quests, which is why you don't have enough to sustain a board. In which case, the majority of Veeky Forums doesn't want you, and it is perfectly reasonable that you don't have a place here.

No matter which situation it actually is, BOTH of which could be solved by going to /qst/ and making good content that people actually want to participate in. But you'd rather bitch and cry about it and try to ruin a potential win/win for everyone because you didn't get 100% your way and you'd rather be a parasite on someone else's success than actually put in the effort to make your board good.

PS. There have ALWAYS been shit/bait threads on Veeky Forums. If removing quests made there be "more" it is only because there are now more non-quest threads overall, meaning there is more space for bait AND good threads. Quests didn't change the ratio of bait to non-bait, just reduced the total number of both.

>There have ALWAYS been shit/bait threads on Veeky Forums. If removing quests made there be "more" it is only because there are now more non-quest threads overall, meaning there is more space for bait AND good threads.
The fact that you honestly believe Veeky Forums makes good threads nowadays is just precious, shine on you crazy diamond.

I second this.
Shut up, the moment he stepped in here he was ready to face the consequences.
Besides there's not many repercussions from something like this. I know some of you hate fun, but let us have some once in a while.

Thread should have ended here.

Get the fuck out fag, I want to see fireworks.

I actually had to double check that I was on Veeky Forums and not /b/. What the fuck, are you 12 years old?

fuck off, I hate /pol/ shit as much as anyone but quest threads were cancer