Anti-Paladins roam the land

>Anti-Paladins roam the land

Whycome no anti-wizards, anti-bards, or anti-barbarians?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Id73x5_4c4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

none of those classes have an inherent ideology to be opposed

They don't organize like the 999

>anti-wizards and anti-barbarians
You mean barbarians and wizards?

Im a very new player so this might not be the most well informed opinion but here goes;

i understand, mechanically, how anti-paladins work. Their ideology contradicts the oaths that are presented in the handbook and they generally evil, but why are there no paladins of evil gods? or if there are, why are they still called anti-paladins? a paladin is simply someone who 'swears to uphold justice and righteousness' but both of those terms are subject to interpretation and an evil god could reason those to be murder and chaos. I guess what im asking is are there paladins of evil gods? is there any good homebrew modules for evil paladins rather than a fallen paladin.

>but why are there no paladins of evil gods
In 5e, there are no more anti-paladins. There are just paladins and clerics of evil gods.

Oathbreaker is as close as you get, also paladins don't even need to be religious now.

In OD&D, Chaos aligned Clerics are called Anti-Clerics at least once.

Maybe and anti-barbarian would a wimpy city-dweller that works in an office...

>Anti-Bard
Bastard children of bards

>anti-wizards
Inquisitors.
>anti-bards
Clerics.
>anti-barbarians
Monks.

Or Sean Lennon

Since wizards have no sense of right or wrong inherently, their idealogical opposite is literally just another wizard with no sense of right or wrong.

>anti-wizards
Psyonics
>anti-bard
a particularly prudish cleric
>anti-barbarian
wizards

>anti-barbarians
>When you realize there's no sneering imperialist Colonist class
shit.

Because anti-paladin is just a dumb purist term, they are actually just evil paladins

one could argue that a bard could fill this void, if played right

>Anti Bards
fundamentally opposed to music and all other creative pursuits, most of them are 100% monogamous. Usually spend their time traveling around destroying theatres and attacking actual bards

This.

And in general, Anti-paladin is a term coined during a period of time where a paladin is a righteous do-gooder who has some divine power through faith and devotion. Now that the definition of paladin has changed to 'self righteousness to the point of gaining magical might', anti-paladin is invalid as a concept. Paladin includes 'evil zealot' because to be a paladin is to be a zealot of some kind. Good, evil, chaos, order, none apply in the current definition of Paladin.

Fraid not, Jester's have a long-time standing place in Forgotten Realms Lore, through the ballad of Diarmund, and the events of the canon Forgotten Realms comics.

In effect, the first official magic Jester was a guy who once told a Joke so funny, it killed everyone in a room having cast Phantasmal killer by accident in line with his joke- which I should note, is also something Elminster has done, hiding spell somantics in actual speech, which is also a mechanic in Kingdoms of Kalamar.

Anyway, in waterdeep, the Lords did not recognize the guild of Jesters as an official guild this one time, so they did up Diarmunds corpse, and for some reason THIS TURNS HIS SKELETON INTO A TITAN SIZED FIREBALL THROWING MAGICAL SIEGE SKELETON, DESPITE JESTERS NOT BEING ABLE TO USE NECROMANCY who proceeds to lay siege to, and nearly destroy waterdeep.

And this occurred just by jesters using Circle Magic. Actual jesters also literally get Joke off- tier bantz battles with one another, and at their peak can use jests to lower rolls for enemies such as taking the piss out of them, and at top level become immune to the concept of INSANITY. So yeah, roll into the Far realm, proclaim the true word of power:Bazinga and cause a singularity.

In addition to this, Jester's get their own perform table which earns them riches effortlessly in their PrC class, and the ability to use the now infamous Diarmunds jest to cast Phantasmal killer, and their performance at the end BECOMES SO POTENT FUCKING OUTSIDERS WANT YOU TO PERFORM IN THEIR DIVINE COURTS.

So yeah, D&D Jesters are actually overpowered as fuck, and are also Cegorach Did I forget to mention one of them can do something special with a Rod of Wonder, and another DRAW ANY CARD FROM THE DECK OF MANY THINGS

So-
base Class Jester + Jester PrC + Xaositect PrC = Clown God

>anti-bards
What are they gonna do tell me I need a permit to sing here?

Barbarian could

Anti-barbarian: Knight/Samurai
Anti-wizard: Beholder
Anti-bard: Trump
Anti-druid: Federalist

What about anti-Druids who want to cover the whole world with sprawling cities?

Anti-Bards are just bureaucrats

Anti-paladins are some of the most fun characters to play
Just be unrepentant and joyfully evil.
Walk around at level 20 stealing candy from children and kicking puppies while whistling "singing in the rain"

When confronted by paladins, don't even try to debate and do the whole "ohh, morality is relative" pseudo deep BS, just acknowledge that you're an asshole and that you will continue to do whatever you want until someone stops you

Will you die? Yes, most likely. But its a hilariously fun way to play.

WE WILL TURN THIS FOREST INTO A BEAUTIFUL PARKING LOT!
(single tear sheds)
I love parking lots...

>anti barbarians
sneering colonialist please? I want this to be a class

Anti-paladins are more than just doing the work of evil gods
they are intentionally causing havok and lawlessness wherever they go. Including breaking the laws of evil gods

>Anti-Paladins roam the land
How would this land even function?

no wrong and right

It wouldn't, if the anti-paladins had any say in it, probably.

Antibarbarian is one of those teachers that goes out into the jungle or warzones

Because fucking around with anything not evil-aligned is more fun than killing it.

Who come for child support

>Anti-Paladins
Necromancers, cowardly commanding desecrated corpses from the rear, using curses to weaken their foes, use fear as a weapon...
"Personal interests at other's expense" against the "protect the weak" paladin.

> anti-bards
Maybe some sort of lawmages valuing responsibility, hierarchy and seemliness?
Public order vs questioning established power.

> anti-barbarians
Monks, warriors that discipline their body with a strictly ascetic lifestyle, dedicating themselves to some spiritual pursuit at their own expenses.
"Give everything you can" opposing the "take whatever you want" barbarians.

>anti-barbarians?
A soldier wearing pants?

>anti-bards
Librarians.

>Whycome no anti-wizards, anti-bards, or anti-barbarians?

Anti-Wizards are usually Mage Hunters or Anti- Mages. They have the ability to mitigate spells so how.

Anti-Bards are Silencers who specialize in dispelling magic.

Anti-Barbarian would be Monk

Anti-Paladins would be... Dark Knights. Sort of like Cecil from FF4 where they sacrifice their health to deal damage to opponent.
Maybe Eldrich Knight?

Anti-Ranger? Rogue. Rangers are good at tracking things in the forests and in nature. Rogues are good at hiding in cities.

Anti-Druid = Civil Engineer.

Anti-Warrior = Loremaster Wizard or Sorcerer...

Underrated post.

Unironically the only funny thing CH ever put out

>anti-wizards

sorcerers

>anti-bards

psychic vampires

>anti-barbarians

monks

>actual anti-paladins

warlocks

So that's what hell looks like..

>Now
>This was a thing 20 years ago

>that regular grid
meanwhile in Europe

Anti druid would be pyromancers.

>white
>brown
Yep, checks out

>anti-wizards
Scientists
>anti-bard
Critics
>anti-barbarian
Lawyers

>city-dweller barbarian
youtube.com/watch?v=2Id73x5_4c4

Anti Wizard is a Barbarian
Anti Barbarian is a Wizard

Anti Bard could be something. Some sort of militant lawful librarian that enforces silence

No, you can also take the oath of conquest which is essential an evil paladin. Recently played a paladin of bane

They could, but they don't.

Anti-Bards - [ Hell Jesters ]

They sing songs of doom to break minds and bodies of people around them. The more devastating the results the more pleased they are with their performance

Anti-Wizards - [ Tyrans ]

They use magic to destroy magic users, ways to learn magic and even the idea of it. Their ultimate goal is to be the only ones who are allowed this knowledge, all while making common people weak, dumb and easily controllable. Knowledge is power, thus they are the only ones who allowed to have it.

Anti-Barbarian - [ Hounds of Progress ]

Fight against nature to advance civilization and industry, using all the latest tech and gadgets as well as crazy physical powers and rage. The kinds of people who admire wild animals, copy their powers and then hunt them to extinction.

>anti-wizards
Templars in the sense of Dragon Age, warriors who specialize in abjuration for neutralizing enemy magic. Typically they are employed hunting down magic-using criminals.
>anti-bards
Iconoclasts: agents who specialize in the misdirection and destruction of knowledge and artifacts. Bards don't just deal with music, they're also about knowledge.
>anti-barbarians
Judges, in the sense of FFTA. They have the power to impose restrictions on their foes' actions by crafting special Law Cards.

monks

You could roll up a Neutral or Good Oath of Conquest character though.

Anti-Wizard I could see, Anti-bard what even whould that be, I hate music and art and ever thing fun, oh wait thats an SJW. Anti-barbarian you mean a fighter or a paladin?
Anti-wizard Immune to magic, counter spell ability, more skill points, better bab, simple weapons, heavy armor.

Shield but no tower.

The hell would an anti-bard be, anyway? A tone-deaf asshole who hates music and wants those damn noisy kids to shut up?

>anti bards
>This becomes the campaign

Not just music, but dancing, art, etc. Basically all performances, and maybe even sex.

You could have wizards from two different schools, with different conceptions about how the universe works/should work.

isn't the opposite of a bard someone that mindlessly gargles random unknown languages at the enemy while they try to piledrive them into the dirt...
>oh wait barbarians...

What I get from this thread is that we don't seem to agree on what an "anti-something" should be.
Some go with opposite values, others with opposite abilities.

Nicolas cage is a barbarian? Also bards can be wrestlers, says so in the book.

I think it should be a mix of both, more so on the side of abilities, as thats more so what a class is.

>not a single person has brought up the term "blackguard"
Seriously? This has been a thing forever. It's a much better term than "antipaladin" because the supposed anti-paladins aren't usually defined by their defiance of the good gods, but by their service to evil gods. They are the archetype of the Black Knight or Darth Vader, evildoers that gain great power directly resulting from their service to evil. They don't necessarily have to go around thwarting the forces of good, they just try to inflict evil which often coincides with destroying the forces of good and defying benevolent gods. "Anti-paladin" sounds more like a term for a fallen paladin or someone that has a skillset directly designed to combat paladins, like how a witchhunter or magekiller fights witches and mages.

Tell me about Bane. Why does he where the mask?

>blackguard
A PRC that I never even heard of for 3.5.
I mean to be fair an evil paladin would just be a paladin, like they were in history. Calling them a blackguard sounds better for game terms. And to be fair an ur-priest should be called an anti-cleric.

Wouldn't an anti-barbarian be a paladin, you know with his laws and ridding on his horse tellin' you to get off his kings lands with his shiny ass sword and armor. All cool headed and shit. Or in fact just a knight/nobleman.

>sounds better for game terms
My mistake. I forgot I was on Veeky Forums, where we discuss hypothetical history, politics, and theology instead of playing games.

>They don't kill the children, instead do an authentic re-enactment of Lord of the Flies.

No, a soldier wearing everything but pants.

>anti-barbarian
Here

>Anti-Wizard
The sorcerer who doesn’t spend decades of his life practicing only one school of magic and has magic literally given to him at birth.
>Anti-Bard
This one eludes me, either wizards because they have actual magical training and can still be performers, or clerics because they could be played as the prudish conservative who despise the bards romancing.
>Anti-Barbarian
The paladin who is a literal warrior of good and has sworn an oath. A warrior who wears the heaviest armor, is disciplined like a noble knight, and is in control of himself in battle.

I’m sure I got most of them wrong, but now this thread makes me wish Wotc actually published something like this for 5e. Though I’m sure 3/3.5 may have exactly what I’m asking for.

Because the wizard take up 16+ years to learn one spell, and the sorcerer takes 4+ years to do 3.
I don't know if thats an anti, I mean their both unaligned magic classes with familiars.

Paladin is also lawful, and a barbarian is chaos. Plus paladins ride horses.

What is the most interesting reason you've ever heard for someone to become an antipaladin

anti-wizard: similar to a null
anti-bards: a critic
anti-barbarians: engineer, tinkerer