Humpchain CYOA Thread #2019: Beginning of the End Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uaWA2GbcnJU
drive.google.com/file/d/1-faW8I2E2XhC2wfQX3xDtsAmqYEAHpbj/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDRkhoOTN1aGNfeE0/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ted, why did you roll and kill the thread?

Man that jumpchain sure was fun. What are you all going to do now that you've obtained phenomenal cosmic power? I'm thinking I'll get a calzone.

Sorta, we found out a long, long time ago that it's hard to actually do a coop chain if your online hours/schedule aren't the same. I've done something different that's been fun in that I just do normal chains with Val as a secondary Jumper in them. It's functionally the same in that there are two Jumpers with their own budgets and everything, it's just I can write, take notes and progress at my own pace without the two of us needing to synchronize, constantly communicate and set aside time.

I'm not sure if that really counts, but she usually enjoys the stories I tell her about herself. It's this sort of appeal of hearing something really cool or someone doing something really cool, but the something/someone is you. You are the cool thing they're telling you about.

Anyone got a list of perks that are always useful for magic users? I know that Tsukihime has a magic efficiency perk.

Ted ruins everything.
Everyone chilling out by the cooler? Fucker explodes into a sun and burns down all the HR staff.
Out for drinks? Ted turns all the wine into water just to prove that he can. And then explodes into a sun again.
Thread winding down? He rolls high and the thread explodes. Into a black hole.

Damn you Ted.

Well, thread ended and no benefactor.
Guess I know what I'm doing tonight.
crying a little bit before falling asleep

It'd sure suck to be someone who missed that last thread huh?

Maybe Benefactor will visit you as you are in a deep sleep.

You guys are just jealous of that swole 97 I got.

I'm going to buy everyone in the multiverse a pizza.
And spell out an uplifting message in the toppings.

youtube.com/watch?v=uaWA2GbcnJU

By the way, just curious, side question about the start of this thread, mostly about the name, gotta ask. Why are we sexy now?

There is so much stuff you can get as a Servant that even by converting all my CP, I can't even get half of what I want most. There's probably more SP to be had somewhere. There's never enough SP.

Probably because I get everything at EX, even if A rank makes it good enough for Fate jumps, it's not good enough for EVERYWHERE unless it's EX. I mean A rank Amarantos is perfect invincibility to anything not divine or friendly, unless it hits my heel. But EX rank probably covers the Heel weakness or maybe makes the Divine or Friendly qualifier more strict, or something. God Hand at B gives a life that regenerates, nullifies all attacks into nothing if they're under or equal to B rank, and resistance to anything that damages you(so damage yourself with EVERYTHING and become immune to EVERYTHING). And it regenerates as long as you pour mana into it. And anything EX rank or lower doesn't affect you. And it works conceptually on the concept of rank, so nothing affects you anymore unless it bypasses God Hand. Because EX is as high as it goes, no matter how strong.

Armor of Fafnir gives you the body of a dragon in addition to it's invincibility levels; EX Rank would mean it reduces all incoming attacks ranks by EX, which by the way means that it is reduced to nothing since nothing is higher than EX; It works on the concept of Rank and not actual damage. It works on concepts and mind stuff too.

Then there's like 5 kinds of Path to Victory, that are all better than regular Path to Victory. Then theres many other kinds of invincibility, many of which are used in ways, or cover things, that are difficult to find elsewhere. Then there's Mystic Eyes of Death Perception and all that jazz. Really there's just so much, that if you want it to all be EX and thus max level, you can't even get a decent portion of the good stuff. And if you get it at A rank it's only 10% as good as it could be, or rather far less than that when it's a power that depends entirely on Rank.

It sounds like you're buying way too much redundant stuff. I am not against redundant stuff in general, but buying a half-dozen invincibility Skills and a half dozen PtV skills all from the same universe seems like a good way to get beaten by something that bypasses some feature of the Fate magic system.

It's not like I won't buy invincibilities and PtV's in other worlds? And, spending 2000 points is just far better to me than spending 1000. Especially when the 2000 can be spent on things far exceeding what the 1000 can be spent on. The Fate Jumps just can't offer anything worth not taking the Servant Supplement for all you can get.

And with the coverage the redundancies offer, it won't be able to be bypassed. Especially not by something that affects the Fate Magic System, since Servants have very little to do with the Magic System and more to do with Consciousness; Magic only summons them, but they exist because of the human Consciousness. As long as your opponent can't block all semblance of thought everywhere ever, you should be fine. If you're alive, which you will be after the Fate Jumps since by alive I mean 'not a Servant summoned spirit' and you can be any other kind of ghost you want and it won't matter, then even that won't stop you. They'll have to treat each individual ability like it's an individual ability, since none of them are connected any more by anything at all once you're not technically a summoned spirit, nasu style only, anymore.

Those are all just the passives, too. Active abilities get fucking crazy. You have to be able to attack through two dimensions, as in worlds, at once to crack Avalon's active shielding. That means the only power I know of that works is Sting. And that's a maybe. And it doesn't work on the passive invincibilities since Sting doesn't actually get any stronger, just makes it affect more dimensions.

>Armor of Fafnir gives you the body of a dragon in addition to it's invincibility levels
Still need to leave an opening on your back that leaves you vulnerable.

Stop crossposting.

Seriously, it took two seconds of effort to see through this.

I responded to bait? Fudgeripple.

It comes with being a celebrity. Somehow, when people know your name, when there's a mythos attached to that name, people become drawn into it. They want to be a part of that story, and it manifests in many ways. Most often, this obsession becomes a misplaced attraction. They want some part of this perceived importance to apply to themselves. So, they see what you have, and they want it. They don't know how to interpret it, because our brains are simple, primitive things, and desires can easily get conflated.

Do you have a favorite Super Mode?

A thought re Overlord. Anyone have any thoughts how that interacts with uncappers?

ie, let's say, oh, you're a level 100 drop in? Thanks to uncapper, you can keep climbing higher. Do you eventually get high enough level that you get access to overrank stuff? or should we consider that as explicitly locked out? (I lean toward the "locked out", but not sure, wondered what others think)

Also, is it safe to say Overlord is the best bet for resurrection methods? Or is comparable/stronger resurrection available elsewhere?

I tend to dislike "Super Modes" in general, so no.

. . .I'm not entirely sure if you replied to the wrong person or didn't realize I was talking about the thread being titled Humpchain or what. So. . .what?

Nope. I like to have all my powers readily available for use.

So I guess my super mode is... putting on armor and grabbing my weapon? That's usually what I do when I get serious.

I take off my armor and weapons

>Also, is it safe to say Overlord is the best bet for resurrection methods? Or is comparable/stronger resurrection available elsewhere?
I mean... Overlord magic isn't going to resurrect the entire population of a planet, like the Dragon Balls can.

I seem to remember it having a cost too, so Magicka's revive is probably easier for single-target resurrections.

I am partial to Blood Devastation, from NGNL.

Disregarding your actual Pokémon altforms, what would your Jumper's current typing be?

Unseal my abilities, activate the Power of Nothingness, pop the eight gates, form some ice armor, and start releasing an icy aura that tends to keep people from making direct contact. After that, I go ham.

Can I see some builds for both Umineko gaunlets? Also how suicidal is it to take them as your first jumps?

Sorry, I thought you were asking about the namefag phenomenon.

Ah, good point re the balls.

And yeah, you're right, magicka is probably best/easiest for single target one off resurrections.

So aside from, "This Is Infact My Final Form" what are some perks that would let you constantly maintain all of your super modes and power ups?

Proooobably Dark/Grass, even if Bug and Psychic are also highly likely.

Actually, you kinda posted it. I always thought the Kaioken was really cool and pretty. It's pink! Pink auras are cool.

I actually go the opposite direction, though. Using toggle perks, power limiters, and even reduced forms, I tend to make myself a lot weaker than normal.
So my "Super Form" is just turning off the limiters (usually sequentially, instead of all at once), so that I show more and more of my actual normal power.

I'm literally doing the Freeza method, instead of the Goku method.

At this point, I'm a triple type: Water/Ice/Dragon.

Prooobably something like Steel/Psychic? Maybe replacing one of those two with Dragon? Or triple-typing because jumper.

Hrm.. just to verify: in DYN Freaks, we can have at most one fragment, right? That's the assumption I was going with, but it doesn't seem to explicitly state that, so wanted to verify.

Simply Perfect from the Petals of Reincarnation jump.

You can have more.

No worries dude. I think I understand what you were getting at now with the context cleared up.

Blackshadow is pumping out jumps left and right, and meanwhile Valeria can't even manage to release the DCU jump on time. I think Val has finally been knocked off her throne as the queen of the Jumpchain. To commemorate this even, have a jump for Hancock:
drive.google.com/file/d/1-faW8I2E2XhC2wfQX3xDtsAmqYEAHpbj/view

Lavender: Fairy/Normal
Deadman: Ghost/Steel

Blackshadow go home.

You put a little bit of effort into this bait. I'm gonna give you a 5/10.

...Did anyone else realize that the thread was titled humpchain?

...I mean, Val's been putting out some poor quality jumps lately, but that's almost bancho-tier. That's a fucking embarrassment. At least YJ_user's weekly jumps during October were of decent quality.

I'd like to hump your chain

I just figured we were ignoring it. I thought a new thread would be made, but guess not.

I'd hate to pain you, chump.

>Main Chain
Fire/Psychic? Blergh. My Type Advantage/Disadvantage chart would be an utter mess.

>Side Chain
Steel/Dark right now. Man that makes me sound like an edgelord.

Killing Bites Jump when?
Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers. . . Waifus Waifus

>100/200/400 perks
>Not even bothering with 600cp perks
Shitty jump for shitty movie

We have one.

>Murders
How good are you at detecting traps?

>Catbox
ahaha.wav

Seriously? Cool.

>only 3 items and perks per origin
>only 4 origins despite this
>1 600 CP drawback for losing your powers in a almost normal world
>1 600 CP drawback for being a drunk
>previous jumps not much better
My opinion of them was already low from the previous jumps I've seen them make, but they don't seem to be improving, and if anything are getting worse...

The first act with Will Smith as a super-powered drunk hobo was pretty fun.

We had one since a while ago drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDRkhoOTN1aGNfeE0/view

>It's pink! Pink auras are cool.

I brought that up above, I think we're ignoring it.

All of them. Bleach lets me use similar forms and powers together

You tried.

Btw, it's supposed to be WIP, so a bit difficult to comment on quality until it's finished.

Grimdarkness from the SBURB jump.

>Also how suicidal is it to take them as your first jumps?
Very, unless you can metagame like crazy and dumped a load of points into Umineko lore.

>Umineko - The Rokkenjima Murders
Nobody (Free)
(50)
Golden Butterflies (100)
Little Gray Cells (100)
The Great Detective Knows Best (200)
Why Are Closed Room Murders So Beautiful? – (200)

Duct Tape (50)
The Witch's Letter (100)

Early (Free)
Game Piece (Mandatory) (Free)
Lumbargo (-100)
Spite (-100)
Theory Herd (Mandatory) (-200)
Black Forgery (-300)
Fall, fall! (-100)

>Umineko - The Rokkenjima Catbox
Human Side (Free)
Magic (Free)
OST (Free)
Turning the Chessboard Around (Free)
Blue Truth (100)
Puzzle Master (200)

Red Truth (200)
Lord JUMPER (The Witch of Paths) (800)
Murder Doll (200)

Blue Key of Reflection (200)
Red Key of Judgement (600)
Great Detective Knows Best (Free)
Why Are Closed Room Murders So Beautiful? (The Witch of Paths) (Free)

Prevent the Golden Land from being torn down. (Free)
Make battler hear what Beatrice is telling him (Free)

Took the “Umineko – The Rokkenjima Murders” Gauntlet and survived with Battler (-200)
Trust between Reader and Writer (Free)
Nothing But Furniture (Battler) (-100)
Golden Dreams Tarnished Black (-300)
Golden Fantasia Tarnished Black (-300)
Jumper of the Future (-200)
Without Love… (-200)
When the Seagulls Cried (-400)
…None Were Left Alive (-400)
You are incompetent (-200)

>How good are you at detecting traps?
Depends on what kind of traps are we talking about
>ahaha.wav
How fucked I am?

What's your pokemon form?

Honestly, if you're going to Umineko, you'd be crazy to not metagame at least a bit.

Just don't be a dick about it, least you end up like a certain detective.

>Taking the 600 CP supwerpower perk is basically free if you take the 600 CP "ur an alcoholic now" drawback since all of it's potential danger (which was meager aleady) is mitigated.
Seriously though, why the hell does that drawback give you 600 CP?

You can't say with a straight face that this is a good jump.

just looked at the other capstones. A 400 CP capstone that gives, and I quote: 'You have absolute, pinpoint perfect control over each and every aspect of your powers [...] This carries over to the same extent with any powers you may have too, such as Mana or Ki or whatever.'
This jump is honestly one of the worst I've seen. Definitely in top 3 worst I've seen in the last few months.

Erika Furudo is probably the best example of why a Jumper who uses metagame to win everything ever would be unbearable to be around.

Aren't the storms just a side effect of two of them fighting rather than an ability they can use whenever they want?

Is anyone making a Tensei Shitara Slime datta ken jump? Yu-Gi-Oh Capsule monster jump?

Val was but she dropped it. No.

I might have used an OC from /vp/'s game. I regret nothing.

What power boosts escalate with your baseline power?
I was looking for an Innate Talent for my Overlord NPC when I fell in love with Physical Powerhouse. Making you a few times stronger, faster and tougher than a human doesn't seem like all that much, but when instead of multiplying a baseline human's power you are boosting a level 100 Offense/Defense/Monk Werewolf it suddenly becomes ridiculously scary. Specially when you consider that, as a World Champion, she was already able to defeat three Floor Guardians simultaneously with ease.

So, are there other perks that make you twice as strong, or something like that, independently of how strong you are?

Presumably that's why it costs extra.

I like 'On the Edge of Demise" from Zelda tge Minish Cap. All it is is combining all my altforms into one super form for a limited time, but sometimes thats all I need to not die.

Fairy for now, but prolly dragon in the future.

It's fine. Makes it more interesting!
By the way, can we become ultra beasts?

For some people on /jc/, that would make it even better.

Meanwhile Sayo is sort of the patron saint of these anons who take their escapism too seriously.

Damn. That sucks.

In PMD I was a Riolu.
It's neat, because in the first PMD game (which is the one I went to), that was when Lucario was still a brand new Pokemon (and nobody knew what a Riolu was!), and they were SHILLING THE HELL out of it across all Pokemon media. So, in PMD Red/Blue, there's a minor backstory element that the very first rescuer was Lucario, who became something like a legendary hero in the eyes of other Pokemon, and actually inspired them to form the Rescue Teams after they left.
So, in a way, I was like the descendant to a legendary hero. I was effectively the hero from Dragon Warrior as they relate to Erdrick/Loto.
I just thought that was cool.

Anyway, in Magical Pokemon Journey, I was a Leafeon. Leafeons also didn't exist during the time that the manga came out (it kicked out around the time Gold/Silver came out), so I was considered a bit of an oddity -- at least for the region.
Pokemon in Magical Pokemon Journey are also kindof dumpy and simplified, too, so I didn't look like a typical Leafeon as most people think of them. Instead I was like the beanie baby version of one.

No legendaries, Ultra Beasts included. Look up "Legendary" on Bulbapedia, there's a whole list of everything that falls under that category.

Metagross.

Wait, really? Huh. Hrm, Does that actually change anything for me? Actually, probably doesn't affect what I'd want from there anyways,

Nothing to be ashamed of, /vp/ has some good designs.
My favourite is Scovilope

I don't mean metagame like Erika. I mean metagame in the sense that you can set things up in the Murders that will carry over into Catbox.

In Murders, you don't lose your memory of what happens, but you lose your powers, and in Catbox you have all your powers but have lost your memory.
So you can set up conversations with Battler in Murders that will make more sense when you and Battler are reviewing what happened in Catbox like constantly reminding him "Hey, did you ever make a promise as a kid that you might have forgotten about?".

Anons, how much do you like cooking?

Ditto so I can turn into me.

Being a Gardevoir has crazy utility for an early Jumper, and Ralts is pretty cheap to get in Mystery Dungeon.

Haven't it Magical Pokemon Journey yet, but my understanding is that their offensive capacities are really weakened, right?

I love that fucker. It's so unique and it's just an all around good design. I gotta say though, my favorites are the water starter, the Harpee line due to the TTGL reference, and the Carbite line.

Uhhhh...... No Ultra beasts there.

>You can set up conversations with Battler in Murders that will make more sense when you and Battler are reviewing what happened in Catbox
Shit I never tought about it like that.

So are these two jumps claimable?

Hell, you could also confront Sayo and convince her to come clean to Battler before everything goes to shit.

Of course, since the Jump starts after Beatrice's challenge is issued, you might still have to deal with the adults fucking it up on their own.

A Ninetales. I don't have to pay CP for being a Vulpix, Imprison is very useful in PMD, Pain Split and Foul Play can be amazing in the right circumstances and Heat Wave is an AoE attack that doesn't hit allies. When we add that we see the Ninetales of the game lay curses and use precognition it ends up looking like a great choice.

Yeah

Very much, prolly because I like cooking in real life. Not so good with deserts, but I make damn good pizza dough and pirogi.

As a jumper I'd abuse the shit out of any ability that give me more hands/psychic powers that act as extra hands because everything takes too long to prepare.

Guess that means we can?

>Imprison is very useful in PMD
How so? From the description on the wikia it seems fairly situational.

I like the one from Katanagatari although my builds usually don't have the points for it. Raises your power several times but nulls your defense to zero, which can be fixed with a perk from one of the dragon ball jumps. Take the free climbing perk and you get a several million fold increase in raw power without any indicators. Everyone in DBZ was a light show, I just flexed and started punching harder. Although that was a former chain, current chain is under ten jumps in with no super modes yet. Closest is just not holding back and putting on the lifemaker robe.

Off the top of my head, Monster of Justice from Bakemonogatari.

Not a fan of it. I can make instant foods but that is about the peak of my culinary prowess.