In rennaisance depictions of Charon, he was a swole dark skinned elf who beat sinners onto his boat with his oar

In rennaisance depictions of Charon, he was a swole dark skinned elf who beat sinners onto his boat with his oar.

As "medusa" went from singular individuals with a specific curse to an entire species of monster, I suggest that "charons" be used as a genericised type of underground dark elf in place of drow.

Other urls found in this thread:

lomion.de/cmm/yugomarr.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What about this mutant motherfucker with a beating stick looks like an elf to you

The pointy ears

The anime ears. Though on closer inspection, he has a cat's face.

Medusa was a specific individual, a single gorgon.
Charon is whats called a pyschopomp.

What about Charons as a type of monster that rides around in boats of their own making, and they could deliver you safely to the other side or destination - or beat you to death while on their boat, if you failed to do a specific thing while on their boat.
Like, maybe, pay the ferryman's toll in Obols, or maybe veer a bit into Sphinx territory and tell them a riddle they can't answer, or losing a multiplayer game against them.

Again, youre looking for "psychopomp". Please stop using names as common nouns.

Sure, after I finish eating some McDonalds, take a sip of Jack Daniels, and slip off these Air Jordans.

Not as long as there are medusas, minotaurs and pegasuses. In fact, I think we should expand the list to include sleipners, grendels etc.

Those are all examples of proper nouns being used AS proper nouns.

Many people being wrong doesnt make them right

>adventurers' guild renames generic monsters under the most famous respective mythological creatures hoping breed recognition encourages contractors

>famous monsters prepare to pursue legal actions against what's infamy on their image

Thas a gobling you retard

that's Charon from the sistine chapel.

Basically in all rennaisance art depicting charon, his appearance may change, his purpose and even which river he's a boatman on may differ.

But he's always pissed off and hitting people with an oar.

Thanadaemons, sometimes spelled thanodaemons, are the servitors or deacons of the archdaemon Charon, and reside on the plane of Abaddon. These daemons plow the waves of the river Styx, ferrying souls through their master's domain. They occasionally carry living visitors through Abaddon, although if they are not bribed properly, they make no effort to bring their passengers to places they wish to visit. Their small skiffs are smaller copies of their master's boat.

From Pathfinder in 2008.

Medusa is a gorgon though, which is a race.

>PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME MOMMY, I KNOW THE WORD PSYCHOPOMP!

We get it. Thing is, you don't get what the thread is about.

Well in D&D he's the lord of the Marraenoloths, who look like him.
lomion.de/cmm/yugomarr.php

They used to be Charonademons back in 1e.

Who the fuck calls them Medusas? They're gorgons.

The thread is based on a flawed premise. Drows are drows, gorgons are gorgons. The only things Charon has in common with a drow are the dark skin and pointy ears, and that's only in that depiction of him.

Not a flawed premise if you lack autism. Minotaurs, pegasuses, quetzalcoatl, and various other modern fantasy creatures are all inspired and named after individuals.