Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2020: Hi, I'm The Benefactor, Welcome To Jackass Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IaC0kUE5Zd4
pastebin.com/1bFCsK9z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks for creating the thread properly.

Heck, I didn't even notice someone else had created an edition.

Jumpers! Jumpchain was created for entertainment - what perks have you found that have been the best ways to entertain yourself, those around you, or the audience at home?

Next draft:

>It’s All In The Manual: well, no, it’s not, but you do get a full set of operator and service manuals with any purchased ship. In the case of buried ships you just have to find them. Lantean versions are stored in the ship’s computer network. Tau’ri versions are made from dead trees. Be grateful, this is a lot more than the Atlantis Expedition got - their past selves drowned the first time round and they still had to work everything out for themselves!

Telekinesis is always fun at parties.

I'd probably go on a Pokemon adventure first. I never watched the anime all the way through but Ash always struck me as a dipshit

Other than that I'd probably give a theme to each jump. I'd probably do a few where I do the most cathartic shit for anyone watching, or derail plots with outside-story-context problems..

I can't write for this shit anymore because I'll never get the catharsis I'm so desperately seeking.

What is there to do in BAHHSCQ? Is companioning Anna worth it?

Okay, so a Kangaroo?

Also this is a nice manga series that you might like

Heard of PR before but I never looked into it since the art didn't grab me. Got some more details on it?

>spoiler
Ah, yes. How could we forget?

I can't even deny. I keep getting spider results on personality and spirit animal tests.

Try turning down the australian levels and see what you get.

Can All Fiction resurrect people who’s soul has been erased, trapped, or destroyed?

I think it's best to stick to All Fiction not being able to erase the nonexistence of something to create stuff.

You could certainly erase the thing that traps the soul but I'd say no to erasing the erasure of a soul.

This randomly crossed my mind recently. But is anyone working on DCEU?

I'm Australian and I always get doggo

Changelog at the end of the document.

Shush now, no Awoo.

Val is.

As an Australian it is my duty to shitpost
As a doggo it is my right to Awoo

>Got some more details on it?

Okay

so its a family tourney for the heirs to battle to till the last one standing, it is important because the winner gets to ascend. Each sibling has their own thralls which are homages to Universal monsters (somehow they got the rights from universal japan) so it won't be surprising if you see the Fly or Gillman in the chapters.

Setting wise its low-mid on the scale but with nice romance, battles and a lot of intrigue. Contains a lovable cast and cute robots

>• Hid a prize in the document. Shhh!
Wut?

Shhh!

Huh. That actually does sound pretty cool. I like battle tourney mangas and I always love when they include classic horror stuff.

Thanks user, I'll definitely give it a shot. Need to finish off Claymore first before I get into it but it's definitely getting a bookmark.

>TFW rephrased a perk so many times I can't even tell if it's clunky anymore
delete me tbqh

Try not being an evil sociopath.

>anything anyone has done in this thread, ever
>meaning anything at all in terms of good and evil
>meanwhile actual evil is happening somewhere
Hahaha. Wow. Talk about pathetic.

Explain?

I hate that feel...

Yup. Time to leave it be for a while, I guess, and work on some other part instead.

Look at the changelog. Last entry in the most recent set of changes.
I have no idea what it's referring to.

What jump? And I would recommend moving on, making a note to revisit it later.

>they include classic horror stuff.
Even new(er) things like jeepers creepers and all that, the art is cute too

>Thanks user, I'll definitely give it a shot.
No problemo

City of Angles. Was working on the Import (aka drop-in) tree. I'll probably spend a bit working on the items, or maybe the drawback section.

>City of Angles
ah yes, great story. Love all the 90 degree angles.

>City of Angles
Are we going to have a three way "split yourself by personality" option in here?

Super-jumping. Rationally, I know that jumping is terrible compared to flight, because you can't steer or correct course mid-flight and that can cause all sorts of problems. But I think it looks really cool to travel in these huge ballistic arcs. Gives a sense of scale that flying doesn't, since you're interacting with ground features. And if you're in a crowded area like a city or canyon or whatever and can pinball between structures, it gets super neat.

Are there any acute angles?

Flight perks. Pic-related.

Yeah, okay, ya big joker. Funny thing is, there are almost no right angles to speak of; things get real non-euclidean.

I'm thinking about including a scenario in which you're Patient 32, with a dream of your own. Reward for victory (not sure what the win-con would be yet) would be getting to take along the dream as a property in future jumps, including the three aspects of your personality. I might include a generic perk to do that as well, though.

Being able to create temporary platforms/walls to bounce off of can make it even more generally useful, to say nothing of just being a cool trick to pull off.

What are some good early chain jumps for summoning/being evil? I kind of want to run a chain being more or less based on summoning and contracting things/people. Somewhere to get yellow eyes would also be appreciated as I don't want to waste bodymod points on the colour perk. If the eye colour is a side effect of a magic or such it would be even more beneficial.

Kingdom Hearts. Be a Heartless, get a nifty shadow form with glowing yellow eyes. Oh and summon minions as well.

>Summoning
Dog Days, Mondaiji, and Valkyrie Crusade all have perks dealing with summoning stuff.
Overlord probably also has a class related to it.

Waltraute is perfect for that actually, because 80% of it is a romantic comedy the kid solves everything. You can summon a multiverse breaching tree made of evil with Dead God. It can create evil automaton simulacrae of people from those universes. Including Accelerator. And that one loli who's more powerful from Accelerator, not Othinius, she's from another franchise.

Where can I get the best drugs?

Commoragh, home of the darkie elves

Ophis? Or someone else? "Absurdly powerful loli" isn't exactly a narrow archetype.

Evidently this is my time to shine!
Battle Through The Heavens is a great place to go if you want to make drugs. Lots of fun xianxia pills and drugs.

There's two lolis (Not really lolis though, since they're more in the bodies of mid teen girls) that could count there, either the White Queen (From Blood Sign) or the White Girl (From A Simple Series), the latter being (I think) the much stronger of the two.

Nah, by the same author.

There we go. Although I didn't know the White Queen was also more powerful than Accel the Hedgehog

Anyone else find straight teeth like that weird?

>If the eye colour is a side effect of a magic or such it would be even more beneficial.
Does the Force count?

The White Queen? Yeah, easily. She's absurdly broken in raw power and weird powers. The White Girl is just even more unfair as a character.

It does, although now I need an anti-corruption perk/item/power to stop the Dark Side from annoying me.

>Jumpers I have a question. Do you experience the jump pdf as an in-universe requisition form or do you just get the things without any input?
Get things without input; selection's based on my core values rather than a conscious plan, which can be hit or miss. If I go Drop-In, I don't even know what I got unless it's an obvious physical thing. Functionally reduces a lot of perks to specialized talent/learning boosters, with the cap being their normal effects.

Will you make jumps from those? They seemed fairly short LNs

There's a perk in the classic Spyro jump, Corruption Adept, that stops mental corruption but still allows you to get the physical benefits. So that'd probably be good if you want the eyes but not the mindset.

Oh that sounds pretty good actually.

Uh, Blood Sign isn't really short. Like it's not the gigantic monster that Index has become but it's still 7 volumes. I'd definitely like to make it but I don't intend to pick up a fairly involved project like that until my current big ones are done.

A Simple Series on the other hand...is a very difficult jump to make. It would absolutely need to be a gauntlet or stand alone scenario but making it in a satisfactory way is difficult, especially since the story is short and meta knowledge would completely ruin all the challenges. The reward for it would have to be a specific thing too, the canon reward, which is...obscene compared to the difficulty involved.

Basically, the Simple Series is a pair of light novels. The first is mostly a collection of weird short stories, but they're pretty fun. The second is more like...the first half is a group of people watching a series of gruesome snuff games ala Saw but with more variety. The second half is that group of people being forced through death games themselves, with a lot of really weird shit going on. The ultimate winner of the game gets as his reward, quite literally, infinite luck. Then it gets fucking weird. It's a great short story though

Basically the Simple Series is technically really easy to make into a jump and I even did it in an hour at one point (Though I can't find the file) but it'd either be absurdly easy to get an extremely powerful reward or take a genuinely ridiculous amount of effort from the creator to custom make an entirely new story and set of challenges, basically having the author rewrite the entire story, for the jump to not feel like an easy power grab at a specific power.

Oh hey, turns out Dragonball isn't going on hiatus after all. First episode out, get in here before Toei takes it down.

youtube.com/watch?v=IaC0kUE5Zd4

muh...muh autism

Duracell is pretty great desu

Apparently, freaking Buddha is an Outer God (Got it from TvTropes and is from the Call of Cthulhu RPG, which takes place in the setting and I think is canon), so is it possible to get a fragment of it? Just so I can freak the fuck out of some Buddhist monks.

>Tvtropes

THAT IS NOT CANON

>Call of Cthulhu RPG

...are you sure that's canon? I'm pretty sure all the canon stuff is just the stuff Lovecraft and his mates like Howard were throwing around, and the RPG is it's own thing. Like Cthulhutech.

I'm fairly sure that Buddha would not be part of the original canon (As in what Lovecraft, his pen pals and maybe Derleth were writing about) and he's definitely not in Demonbane itself. I'd say no unless you can get something more solid than a tvtropes reference from Call of Cthulu RPG.

But we can be any Outer God so as long as it isn’t Azathoth like the Nameless Mist?

Tech perks that allow for MacGuyver bullshit, like making fireworks out of Tide Pods, rubber bands, and cigarette ashes.

Also cooking perks + food magic = shenanigans.
Like summoning giant 5000 ounces of bacon out of thin air. Technically, no one can get mad at me, because everybody loves bacon.
But also, fuck Todd and fuck his car.

>the Nameless Mist
Didn't it become Yog Sothoth at some point? I don't think there's much material on it in any case.

No, but Yog Sothoth is descended from it.

Yog is supposedly birthed from the Nameless Mist, and Shub nigguroth is supposedly born from the Unnamed Darkness or whatever.

Sure

Why would you want to be the Nameless Mist? It's pretty much a complete unknown, other than a potentially-joking "family tree" of the Outer Gods Lovecraft made that indicates it's Yog-Sothoth's creator. What do you expect to get out of it? You'd have to make things up entirely to actually use it in your chain, decide what powers you'd get and all that, so why not just make up an entirely new OC Outer God as is allowed by the jump? I think you'd probably get more satisfaction from using a character that you can have ownership over.

I mean if you're doing a mist themed chain, you'd be the mistiest thing in the multiverse

Could you apply Jumper Technology Activation to new stuff you build or buy with CP after this jump, if you get the a la carte option?

Does the gate-building factory you get with the Stargate Network Factory need you to input materials? That other user had a point on not finding Naquadah anywhere else.

And does the Unscheduled Activation drawback take mercy and only send me to gates I can actually survive, or would it throw me out of a gate in orbit just as likely as one on a habitable planet?

>Could you apply Jumper Technology Activation to new stuff you build or buy with CP after this jump, if you get the a la carte option?
You should be able to do some work on it by hand to have the feature appear. That would make you one of its makers.

Do we also obtain the memories of the fragment of the Outer God it holds?

Also, thanks for answering my questions.

It was just an example, I’m not actually going to choose that as my fragment.

If you're just a Fragment, you won't get memories.

Yes.

Yes. The plans are "all the plans you need", so it will still tell you how to build a stargate network if you're in a universe without naquadah.
>"Okay, let's see. Step #46991 is now "obtain two gallons of knurd". Ah, I must be in a Discworld universe."

Yes, and yes if the gate in orbit was in an "inhabitable location" (e.g. an abandoned Ancient space station with functional life support).

>Yes.
Excellent. Definitely taking that then, tech-security is always nice.

>Yes. The plans are "all the plans you need", so it will still tell you how to build a stargate network if you're in a universe without naquadah.
Alright then, pretty useful. Means I don't necessarily have to make sure I take the normal Stargate jump before this to buy the naquadah supply.

>"Okay, let's see. Step #46991 is now "obtain two gallons of knurd". Ah, I must be in a Discworld universe."
Though I do wonder how one would acquire a state of anti-drunkenness in liquid form.

>and yes if the gate in orbit was in an "inhabitable location" (e.g. an abandoned Ancient space station with functional life support).
Fair enough. I was more thinking of stuff like the gate to the wraith base in the 1st/2nd episode, a gate that's just free floating in orbit. Because that would kinda suck to walk into unprepared.

Do others that go into the gate with me also get flung into the random gate I get send to, or do they go where we intended to go?

Last question. If I choose an outer god Fragment like Nyarlathotep and the Necronomicon, would Al Azif try to kill me for being one of the Outer God?

Where could I go to recruit a female DOOM?

She's not really in much of a position to do anything right now and the cp bought version won't.

Marvel Magic. There's a companion purchase specifically for that.

Marvel Magic, or just any other Marvel jump if you've got genderbending perks and some way to survive his/her wrath.

Sorry, I should have been more specific, I meant the CP version, not the one captured by Mugen. So will our CP version of Al know that we are an Outer God and won’t care at least about that?

Yes, the CP version won't care.

>Do others that go into the gate with me also get flung into the random gate I get send to, or do they go where we intended to go?

Whatever entertains. Perhaps it's only those who follow you...

G'night!

>I think it's best to stick to All Fiction not being able to erase the nonexistence of something to create stuff.
Could you change that with perks that make abilities better, like the one from Medaka Box whose name I can't remember, or Upgrade from Generic Isekai?

I've been meaning to ask you Val. You know the perk in Dies Irae that let's you designate people as executioners on your behalf and where their growth and any souls they reap become yours? Can you toggle it or restrict it at all? Like say you only want the souls but want your executioners to be otherwise free to grow as people?

Maybe? It'd take a crazy amount to do since at that point the power becomes able to do anything.

It's all or nothing, so you can't toggle it off entirely but can't have just certain stuff get transferred.

Thanks Val. I'd been wondering for a few days about that whole Executioner thing and just kept forgetting to ask.

>Maybe? It'd take a crazy amount to do since at that point the power becomes able to do anything.
Neat. As for the "doing anything" part, you could always just limit its power so it doesn't become too overwhelming.

How advisable would it be taking this early-chain? I've only just gotten past Jump #20.

Probably depends on how severe you go with the drawbacks.

All righty, update on City Of Angles' progress. Still deep in WIP territory, but starting to come together.

v0.2 Changelog:
pastebin.com/1bFCsK9z

Interesting. The whole dream-world aspect and the weird geometry and geography reminds me of Don't Rest Your Head. Googling this shows it's a web novel, I guess I should give it a look.

>Don't Rest Your Head
Huh, neat.

Also, you just reminded me I should toss a link to the book in the jump somewhere (notes section probably), thanks.

Thanks to whoever recommended Nectar of Dharani last night. I just finished reading it and its been a blast.

So, if we take the Dead God perk and Kamachi Krossover drawback, could we companion the White Queen once we summon her via the canon companion option? I don't really care about the hax, she seems cute