I want to play a vegan dwarf, what should I do different?

I want to play a vegan dwarf, what should I do different?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism_and_beer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kill yourself.

Is beer vegan?

Pretty sure dwarfs already subside on rocks and beer, so how's a vegan dwarf different.
Also, in what way isn't fruit and vegetables the flesh of enslaved beings?
Of course, you're only really here because you want to get a vegan shitfling on Veeky Forums for some reason.

Go eat a druid.

You do realize Peter actually sees worse when putting his glasses on in that scene, right?

Traditional beer, yes
Modern beer, depends
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism_and_beer

That's the joke

Vegans: the suffering of chickens laying eggs is greater than the suffering of the poor people toiling in the fields.
With that out of the way, this thread is bait, and bad for Veeky Forums

It should be noted that fruits and vegetables are mostly preying on humans. Doing shit like paying farmers in africa a cent per pound sent back to the us.

Kill yourself.

>It's year 399 of the Age of the Dragon
>The Dark Lord is mustering his armies to invade the last of the Free Kingdoms
>A small group of dwarves has spent months digging a tunnel from their own realm to the underside of the Dark Lord's stronghold
>A dangerous, difficult and dirty job: if the tunnel was discovered, all would've been lost
>Their finest warrior crawls out of the cave, into the Dark Lord's stronghold
>He quietly dispatches of two guards with his throwing axes
>With keen senses and surprising agility he dodges the traps
>In a closely matched duel seen by none but worthy of a Norse saga he takes down the demonic Guard Captain
>He kicks open the Dark Lord's throne room and confronts him
>"What brings you here, little one? Do you dare challenge me? Foolish knave, many have tried and none have succe-"
>"Nah, just wanted to tell you I'm vegan!"

Wanna talk about pushing the vegan agenda?

>Puts on autism glasses

>The ABSOLUTE MADMAN said that calling pOrc rape bestiality is racist

Ancient Indo-European Dopesmoker Dwarf.

nice try /pol/

>kicked out of his clan for insanity
Based on traditional beer-swigging, lamb-leg-eating dwarf culture, the only justifiable reasons I know of for being vegan are for dubious health benefits in certain cases (gotta wonder what ISN'T carcinogenic), pragmatism/poverty (easier to harvest mushrooms) or stealth.
Allegedly, vegans smell different to animals than meat-eating humans do- the logic is are certain toxins in meat that are focused in a process called bio-magnification. They get purged from the body, and it can apparently be smelled. This indicates to predatory animals that they're dealing with another carnivore or omnivore.
So if you really wanted to minimize your presence, I guess you could go on a 'cleansing diet', but...
Dare I even ask if this is based on some 'nazis are vegans' thing?

>what should I do different?

Eating vegetables would probably be a good start

kekked heartily

>This indicates to predatory animals that they're dealing with another carnivore or omnivore.
So we should instead let them know we're herbivores to be preyed upon?

Mushrooms are more closely related to animals than plants and should not be considered vegan.

Mushrooms are the answer.

>can eat
>can make oil
>can make moonshine

In case you missed
>kicked out of his clan for insanity
or the rest of my post, no. In fact, IIRC it's one of the reasons wolves don't like attacking humans, besides the much more significant fact that we've tangled enough times for them to find out we're a bit harder to kill than they suspected. Generally, predators leave each other (and prey too big to fuck with, like hippos) alone unless they're forced to compete for food.

But we talk about fantasy here, even plants can walk and talk. Would vegan eat dryad?

>or stealth.
There it is, the one response that actually knows something. Ninja for example actually had a strict diet that didn't usually allow them things like meats, eggs, and dairy products, instead focusing on rations based in rice, yams, buckwheat, and other veggies. This is because ninja had to be both very light and harder to detect by both people and animals. They could, however, still drink alcoholic beverages, but they did so in moderation.

"Ninja mode" dorfs that stay away from meats and instead eat light meals consisting of veggies, breads, and a bit of booze is entirely possible, but extremely bizarre. Why not just get a halfling for your "thief" instead?

Nobody expect the dwarf assassins.

>French fantasy
Where does it rank on a scale from "100% original" to "American fantasy but with a faint smell of garlic"?

Of course you can: your dwarf eats only cave mushrooms and he HATE THEM!

I haven't read the whole serie, but I would say "Fleshing out around the familiar".
Dwarves are dwarves, but their society is more than a cardboard set populated only by drunk axe wielding clones.

Hate Myconids, use that hate. Enslave an entire colony of Myconids just so you can eat them.

Eat naught but the flesh of your hated enemies.

A mighty laff

He's beardless.

He should be like a grub. When he was but a boy, he was hidden in a mighty oak tree by his parents to protect him from raiders. Although his parents were never seen again, the boy did not starve. He just ate the tree around him. He ate and ate for years until he managed to escape the tree as a seven year old. But he only knew how to eat trees at this point, so he moved on to a neighboring tree. The rest of the party finds him as an adult, having eaten through half of an old growth forest. What he lacks in INT and WIS, he makes up for in raw oak strength and the immunity to poison he developed by indescriminately eating woodland plants.
Basically a Dwarf as a panda

>vegan

nothing, your dwarf only eats mushrooms and drinks mushroom alcohol. Perfectly fine.