youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata: June 2017
files.privateerpress.com/op/2017/6.23.2017/Core-Rules-Errata-June2017.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces Sept2017v2.pdf

Steamroller Rules
files.privateerpress.com/op/2017/LnL/Steamroller Rules 2017.pdf

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime-Digest-Rules-2016-v2.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal-Digest-Rules-2016-v2.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

So what you guys think about the Unbound rules that came on No Quarter Primer 2 ?

LVO Is happening at this moments, I don't know how many people went, but they seem to be having fun.

Reposting
Does Veeky Forums like Warmachine/Hordes? I wanted to get into it, and decided to grab a second hand deal for Everblight off of Ebay. As far as beasts and general staples go, what would I want to look at? How many let's say Neraphs should I try to get eventually? Are there any general tips I should keep in mind while playing them? I don't know much beyond my friend telling me that I want a bunch of heavies.

Check out this site, it has a paragraph for players starting on legion.
battlecollege org / index.php / Legion_of_Everblight

That site is more informative than I thought it would be, as I am too used to Malifaux's poorly maintained tactica. Thanks user.

>love finished Thyron model
>want to play Thyron tomorrow
>make Thyron list
>remember the trash talking I got the last time I took Thyron to the local shop
Does this look like a decent Defenders list, or should I just stay in painting in all weekend?

>Hear a story of another Skorne player winning another Steamroller
>He was using 7 Drakes and 2 Turtles
What a poorly designed faction.

But don't take everything you read there as truth, It's a great place to start and get some general idea, but later you will have to come up with your ideas. Glad I could help.

I don't know, there ain't nobody at your LGS that would play the game without the trash talking ? I like this list, but I don't have good knowledge on Retribution to help you ;_:.

Don't mind me, I'm just here to get my scaly bois up to ARM22 on feat turn!

Does he goes well with a Dracodile ?

Do gators have enough options to deal with most skew lists nowadays?

Gators ARE the skew lists, user.

>*rimshot*
>Seriously though, not kidding

That's ridiculous, our Skorne guy would eat 7 Drakes and 2 Turtles alive.

Hey guys, I haven't played Warmachine at all since end of mk2. How is Khador currently and what kind of lists are most competitive with them? What is to be avoided?

That’s a fair point - might as well ask the two actual friendly acquaintances I know if they want a game instead of beating my head against the unpleasant local store scene.

I’ve been guilting myself for buying a full Ret army on a friend’s recommendation and never actually playing with it in public, but I shouldn’t let that sunk cost fallacy push me into the environment that drove me out to begin with.

Why doesn't PP make the models prassembled or prepainted?

Most factions are in a good spot right now. Yes even Khador and Skorne. Most people hate them but look into the themes avaiable for Khador for some good starters. You cant fuck up too mu h if you start out with a theme.

That's what I would do, outside of tournaments I never play with people I don't like. I would rather not play at all than have to put up with toxic people. I mean, you are in the game to have fun, If I wanted any headache I would choose one that would make me money at least.

Check this list somebody used at ATC.

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Winter Guard Kommand

(Sorscha 1) Kommander Sorscha [+29]
- Marauder [10]
- Marauder [10]
- Spriggan [19]
- War Dog [3]
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich [4]
Widowmaker Marksman [4]
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt [8]
- Koldun Kapitan Valachev [4]
Winter Guard Mortar Crew [0(5)]
Winter Guard Mortar Crew [0(5)]
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (min) [8]
- Winter Guard Rocketeer (3) [6]

Probably because they are a hobby/game company. Even tough they have a strong game sense, at least they are more preoccupied with balance than most companies, they still sell the hobby aspect of it. I spent at lot of money on P3 paints and tools.

I think that the reason I picked up the game in the first place is because a couple of guys I hung out with acted as my regular opponents. Having someone who isn't part of the regular crowd is great IMO. Your mileage may vary of course.

It's been a while since I went to a Warmachine thread. Why is there such a low traction on this thread and why there weren't any warmachine threads for a while?

Standard edition trolling after Mk3 Warmachine’s release in 2016 and a lot of dumb PR decisions by Privateer Press overlapped with 40K 8th hype and GW’s overhaul of public relations on the internet to create perfect shitstorm conditions.
An entire year of persistent shitposting about PP’s game design choices, made-up tourney statistics, “[MY GAEM] >> SHIT >>>> SKUBMACHINE”, an admittedly goofy and out of place new faction, and LOL DED GAEM drove the general into the dirt. Basically, the concept of any dedicated general thread on an anonymous board played out to its cancerous conclusion

The threads this month are quiet, but it looks like the worst of the shitposting has cooled off in the meantime.

This

>Basically, the concept of any dedicated general thread on an anonymous board played out to its cancerous conclusion
Now I kind of want to satisfy my morbid check of Katawa Shoujo generals are still a thing. But yeah, shitposting makes people not want to be around threads.

Thanks for clearing it up. I was playing warmachine from time to time privetly without knowing much about it tough I did get a bit discouraged about the prices of the new character jacks.

I just buy Chinese knock offs as this point whenever I can. It is hard to say no to picking up Brickhouse or Azrael for $16.

Is it shitty yellow Chinaman resin, or an actual decent knockoff? Hemera for $54 really isn’t drawing me in.

The resin is grey and doesn't crumble or anything. The main issue is that resin recasts of metal models are a thing. Ideally you would go for the legit models in those cases or else the weight will act as a dead give away. For anything else it should be fine.

Does anyone even care if their opponent's models are counterfeit?

I only play with a couple of other dudes and they don't care. I imagine that it would be an issue in tournaments if they found that your Bile Thralls are much lighter than they should be.

Most TOs are just glad to have people paying the entry fee and playing.

This is my fluffy cygnar side army. Its a mix o knockoffs, grind conversions and original models.

Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Masters of War

(Naaresh 1) Master Ascetic Naaresh [+32]
- Agonizer [6]
- Archidon [10]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Rhinodon [12]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers [4]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Praetorian Ferox (max) [20]
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer [0(6)]

I'm going to play this list for a game and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

What is CID? Is it something where people argue with the designers on a forum in order for models to get errata'd? I thought that errata only came from tournament results?

>I thought that errata only came from tournament results?
Hell fucking no. It took them over a year to nerf Haley2 and Storm Lances despite it consistently crushing tournaments, and it's a similar story with Denny1 and Ghost Fleet. Tournament winning lists have consistently been the same shit over and over with the majority of models being unused, but they're doing nothing about it.

Goofy out of place new faction? I've been out of the loop

I think they talk about the grymkin

The problem was the design. The models looked cool yes, very unique but it turns out theye were too polarizing at the table.

Player A might like and buy himself some pig raiders

Player b might be interested but not enough to buy

While player C might be wondering why he's colossal i smashing pumpkin demons

A CID is currently in development units for a faction, usually revolving around a theme. Basically they release the rules for models/units they're developing and let players field test them and report back.

I kinda care if I'm playing at an event or a local shop, but only because in that situation buying recasts is directly taking money out of the pocket of the game creators or the shop you're playing in.

you play at a tournament to play the company's game in something that they created; using fake models is a disservice because you're essentially telling them "I like your game, but not enough to actually pay into its success." Same for LGS; they make money to host game nights off you buying things from them, and you bringing models you bought cheaper from some chinaman is telling them you want to use their space for free.

I've reached a point where I just don't care about Privateer Press. The majority of models in their game are unplayable and they do nothing to address it while they pump out new factions nobody wanted and sit around thinking of new ways to buff battle engines because lord fucking knows we don't see enough of them on the table. Their game balance is shit, the models are overpriced, the quality isn't particularly good, and their PR is a joke.

I bought most of my shit second hand anyway so suck my dick.

Also my LGS is too small to stock this game. Players pay for the table and terrain to play each game on, that's how we support our LGS through this game.

So really, I would buy counterfeit models in a heartbeat.

Anyone got any insight/playtest experience with Anamag the Doom Feaster? I've always wanted to branch out into Legion and field a bunch of Blighted Ogrun, but never actually pursued it because they're generally poopoo on the tabletop.

Thank you anons for filling me, the concept a horde of pumpkin demons arouses me but I'm actually a little sad the new faction was on the hordes side.

They definitely don't belong in the setting - they're too... silly?

I fully understand why they're there, though. They're there to appeal to the Malifaux crowd. Just like Retribution appeals to anime fans, even though they don't really fit either.

Can't really blame PP, honestly. Business first, game second.

Please put your thread name in the options field, and not the name field. Thank you.

>"I like your game, but not enough to actually pay into its success."
Literally me. I only get into the game after I noticed that the guy I had been buying 40K recasts from began selling Archangels for $24+shipping.

She's strictly better than Kallus1 if you're running any blighted ogrun units, which pretty much makes her the premier LoE infantry warlock at the moment. Otherwise, you're gonna be better off with Thag1 unless you're anticipating DEF-skew. Free Carnage is really good.

As for your ogrun ambitions, now is a good time to get into it. That has less to do with Anamag and more to do with the other CID changes, though. Warmongers are actually worth fielding now, and Primal Terrors is a legitimately good theme. Those new ogrun cavalry don't look too shabby either.

Man I kinda want to play this game, but I'm kinda intimidated by my local crew. They're all pretty hardcore and I feel like as a new player pretty nervous. I kinda want to talk about it with them, but I don't know how.

Ask one of them for a demo game and see what it is like. There might be a facebook or email group that you can get in on in as well. When I started the dude demoing was pretty nice about the whole thing and helped me by pointing out good moves while chatting about the ideas behind the game. If the guy who demos the game to you is an autist who just nods as you take your turn then perhaps the crowd isn't for you.

No, I mean, I already play this game. But I moved recently and the new scene that I'm at is a lot more hardcore than the scene I was previously in.

>Retribution appeals to anime fans, even though they don't really fit
I mean, they managd to get money out of my steampunk-hating ass that way.

>Business first, game second
The joke is that long term business plans put the game before all else.

maybe tell them from the outset that you're there for a more beer & pretzels feel than competitive play? I know when people tell me that I don't play my tourney prep lists.

You should not be intimidated by that. It's a great chance to learn and get better at the game yourself. Just be clear what your level of experience is and what kind of game (list testing, tournament practice, random janky lists, etc.) you would like to play.

A question about arcanists in the protectorate. Magic is a heresy against the creator and many arcanists and those with inborn talent are made into vassals of menoth - enslaved mages indoctrinated into the faith.

Why is that many of the warcasters hold esteemed postions in the church. Severius, Feora and Kreos? Wouldn't that change the perception on magic if the pope was a wizard himself?

As far as I'm aware, they basically just lie about it.

Well, two factors. Some magic is seen as the gift of Menoth, with which Menites are of course totally fine. In fact it's one of the oldest sources of magic available to humans in the setting, probably even the single oldest. How that distinction is made is not really apparent to me and I am certain that it isn't to the Menite priesthood either.

The other part is more pragmatic. Warcasters and people with the potential to become Warcasters are just too valuable to turn down.

Well I wouldn't exactly call that an ARMy.

Its only half of it. The better half.

CID was a mistake. They're just constantly trying to hit a moving target and breaking shit with themes.

>I've reached a point where I just don't care about Privateer Press. The majority of models in their game are unplayable and they do nothing to address it while they pump out new factions nobody wanted and sit around thinking of new ways to buff battle engines because lord fucking knows we don't see enough of them on the table. Their game balance is shit, the models are overpriced, the quality isn't particularly good, and their PR is a joke.
>I bought most of my shit second hand anyway so suck my dick.

Chinaman recasts all of it anyways, at 1/2 the price of the cheapest retail offerings.

What do you guys think about these new trolls ? I love the scouts.

Goofy as fuck and bad sculpting

They are interesting. I wish that the Hooch Hauler wasn't so expensive though. I don't get why it is $165.

I like their expressions

>Get two Cyclops Savages down to 1 health
>Naaresh charges forwards, then Cyclones onto your caster at MAT7 PS16
>Buys attacks until empty
>Pops feat, applying damage to beast aspects
>The two Savages die
>Get back 6 fury because they weren't killed by an attack
>Naaresh keeps buying attacks
hahaHAAAAA

the snowman one would be much improved without the legs sticking out like that. prob just convert it so the toes are sticking out of the bottom.

>those body proportions

Those are laughably bad

Working hard to make my knights cute. What are you working on anons?

Trolls are the definition of terrible body proportions.
Look at the mauler and see how tiny it's legs are.

Really? They look fine to me. A lot better than some of the older models. Pic very related.

PP should be allowed to let Trolls get away with *some* overblown proportions since trolls are pretty clearly based on gorilla physiology and not so much human physiology.

That's a pretty clutch move desu. I can never get too mad when my opponent pulls something off like that, dramatic assassination runs are what got me into this game.

Kinda makes me want to play Naaresh.

So I haven't seriously played in years, and I know absolutely nothing about MKIII.

What's the big difference between MKIII and MKII.

Did priveteer shut down skull island xpeditions? Does it mean no more audiobooks during painting?

Warjacks can finally match up to warbeasts and you can play it stompy even if you don't take Beast/Warjack heavy casters.

Are there just not scans of No Quarter Prime?

Nah, Naaresh is pretty hot garbage honestly. He's like a super solo but falls just short on every front. Not strong enough to take down a heavy, not enough reach to go through infantry, the only thing he can really do is brick up or try to assassinate with his stupid range of like 16" at base. Here's my untested list I'll be playing next game.

Skorne Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] Masters of War

(Naaresh 1) Master Ascetic Naaresh [+32]
- Agonizer [6]
- Archidon [10]
- Basilisk Krea [7]
- Cyclops Savage [7]
- Rhinodon [12]
- Titan Gladiator [15]
- Titan Sentry [15]
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers [4]
Mortitheurge Willbreaker [4]
Paingiver Beast Handlers (max) [7]
Praetorian Ferox (max) [20]
Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer [0(6)]

They shut down the website the books are still gonna be sold on their web store.

To be absolutely fair to PP, all the horror elements of the Grymkin faction have been in the setting since the absolute beginning.

Like a forth of the original MM for the Iron Kingdoms is shit like this.

Ok, so, the original Iron Kingdoms setting was a D&D setting. So there was a big arcane/cleric divine in magic. Almost all of the magic you're seeing used by the Priests is clerical in nature, granted to them by Menoth through prayer and devotion.

Arcane magic, on the other hand, is seen as heresy, for a lot of reasons.

Their attitude towards warcasters is a very delicate one, by and large. Menites for the longest time hated Warcasters and warjacks just as much as anything else, but after a long series of crushing defeats at the hands of those things, they eventually had to start playing ball or risk getting wiped out. Lots of factions within the PoM aren't very happy about them using the two, but there's really not much they can do about it.

Most warjacks are sanctified constantly(This is one of the jobs of the choir, in fact), and covered in holy writ to try and cleanse them of the inborn taint they possess. It does help that Menoth doesn't seem to mind them using the tools either.

Naaresh is not a super solo by any metric, and anyone who thinks he is one is making a huge mistake.

Naaresh is designed to support a huge battlegroup while being oppressive against an opponent and zipping across the field.

Do not attempt to run him to kill your opponent, it will not work.

Children of the Dragon
75 pts

Absylonia1
-Azrael
-Nephilim Protector
-Proteus
-Zuriel
Shepherd x3
Nyss Warlord x1
Craelix
Spell Martyr x1
Blackfrost Shard
Nyss Raptors (Max) x1
Ice Witches x1

Where can I buy recasts, if any exist for Warmachine ?

The way people use him now he's trash, so I'm gonna try something different for a game.

Little Crucible Guard teaser in the last insider.

Must be nice having a hooch hauler when you don't have to pay for it.

>I hate this game - the post

Yet you still linger on to the forums? Why bother playing the game at all? I would get it if you, like the lost boys over at 9th age, just stuck with mk2, and bought chinaman re-cast. That's a understandable position. But to sit and whine about a game, you clearly don't play anymore or care for, why bother?

I feel that people these days, not just in this hobby, but in general, has taken for granted that they must put some effort in to things. They want everything for free or close to it, be it buss rides, fast food or in this case, a hobby. And they forget that a hobby is a luxury outside the necessities of life, and to participate in it is at the expense of time, effort and money. When I started playing miniature wargames, the general idea behind it was to slowly build a force, take your time and build, paint and collect. With a monthly budget, you knew you would get there eventually. But these days, you want a full force on the table stat! Don't bother with the paint, as no one else will anyways, its all about getting the most brutal force of the monthly flavor up and running. And after a few buy-sell scenarios, we all sit and whine about the prices being to high. Its absurd if you ask me.

>Why bother playing the game at all?
Because I've already sunk money into it and since I own the models I may as well play the game?

But if I sunk money in to a horrible refreshment drink, I wouldn't bother drinking the shit just because I paid money for it.
That reasoning alone is just not carrying you all the way.

I have money spent on countless of games during my time as a... Well, game fan, I suppose the term is. But I don't play the games that are deemed bad. I have tried it, played it through a couple of times, and come to the conclusion that "yep, this is shit". And I wont bother with things that are shit. It might be fun to drag out every once in a while, just for the lulz, but to play it on a regular basis because "I paid good money for this damnit!", is just stupid in my opinion.

Maybe I'm actually able to have fun in a game regardless of how shit it is because unlike you I have friends to play it with.

If your set to play a beer and pretzel game, why not do it with a game that actually fits in that setting, like 40k or AoS? These games where designed to play with a few laughs and chilled gameplay. Sure, you run in to the retards every once in a while that truly believe GW can write competitive rules for shit, but that's not to regular.

Put the two systems up, and you can clearly see that one is a model company with added rules, and then there is warmahordes which is a game with added miniatures.

Is this what they try to call "damage control"? You need to step up your game son if you think that twist at the end is enough to qualify you as a winner of a already lost argument.

So again, stop being stupid, and play the games you care for. And better yet, stop clogging up the forums with your whining, on games you clearly don't play anymore.

Just like to point out that nowhere in the original post did I say the game wasn't fun. Or what, am I meant to play the games I "care for" not the games I think are fun? Are you about to start your own damage control?

While this is true, you do claim that the balance of the game is shit, most of the models from the game is unplayable, and you don't really care much for privateer press overall.

Take in to account all these factors and still try and claim you enjoy the game/hobby is quite a mouthful just to "win" an argument over the internet.

Or you can just come clean and say it like you mean it. Your a whiny bitch that enjoy posting meaningless rants to "fit in" on Veeky Forums, but you still enjoy the game irl.

I enjoy it because I play with friends. I can understand why this concept seems alien to you.

again with the damage control, really?

Personally, I wouldn't run him with the Dracodile. However, if you wanted to do it anyway, I think Draco would make a great Soul Harvester target if you can get him in position to Sweep some infantry. With the Soul Slave, you could lay down 2 Mortality spells in one turn, priming a pair of Heavies to get Drac'd.

Personally, I think Rask is the best choice for Dracodile, since his Fury spell means you don't necessarily need Blackhide Wrastlers as much as other Gator warlocks. Jaga-Jaga is also a good choice, since Drac's blinding spray will make her gunlines even more disgusting.

All this is theorymachine though. I'm still a ways away from buying a Dracodile myself.

>While this is true, you do claim that the balance of the game is shit, most of the models from the game is unplayable, and you don't really care much for privateer press overall.

Not that guy but that's pretty much all true.

And with the new Industries money grab, along with the broken promises every time they've launched an electronic venture, it's not hard to see why people think they're a shit show.

A few recasters do Warmachine. Sylvia White, Zanchui, and Legion Forge off of the top of my head. Sylvia White's stuff is secret club now, but Legion Forge is just a website and anyone can email Zanchui.

>Just like Retribution appeals to anime fans, even though they don't really fit either.
Thing is, Retribution isn't even the faction that has the strongest appeal in that regards.

Cygnar is your go-to for that faction.