What kind of innkeeper would name their establishment "the prancing pony"?

What kind of innkeeper would name their establishment "the prancing pony"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3n09Fu0NVnA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

one who wishes to cater to equestrians?

PLOT TWIST
>the innkeeper is also a dungeonmaster
>the inn is his dungeon

In societies where literacy is not ubiquitous, establishments mark themselves by an image -- essentially, a non-text logo -- displayed on their shingle. The name then evolves simply as a description of that logo.

So it's not so much as that the innkeeper named his establishment "the prancing pony", but rather that he chose for his shingle a picture of a pony that was prancing (or looked to be so enough that that was the name that caught on).

The Raging Cock inn must get confused a lot.

>tfw everyone thinks the prancing pony sounds gay, but only because no one wants to go around calling it "The Rearing Stallion"

>One who likes horse shows.
>A young girl with no sense of decency.
>A skinny barkeep.

this reminded me of pure nostalgia.

youtube.com/watch?v=3n09Fu0NVnA

A Rohirrim innkeeper, obviously.

Plot twist: innkeeper is anthropomorphic lesser horse in pastel color.

>no-one wants to call it the "Upright Ungulate"

Barliaman Butterbur

One in a setting that hasn't yet heard of OP's degeneracy.

However, OP should perhaps check out the Enchanted Forest if you can find that episode of Gallavant.
The Queen and her men are always looking for a nice fat tip after all.

oh god this has awakened something in me
shit

12 years of French classes and this is the first time I've actually used it.

Because the Vulgar Unicorn was already taken.

A therianthorpe horse, duh.

>molded one-piece plastic bit
>not even buckled properly

A little girl who inherited her father's inn and now runs it, surprisingly well, despite being only 10. The employees weren't too happy when she decided to change the name of the inn, but he insisted "The Mugging Mule" sounded old and boring.

Is this just a fetish thread now? Because I just discovered on Critical Role, before it was a show, some thieves' guild member's punishment for getting knocked out by Vax and failing to kidnap Vex was to be turned into her with the despoiler of flesh, and be delivered to the weird pervert who took out the bounty on Vex.
So somewhere some poor ex-thief now has a pussy getting pounded by some weird old man 24/7 pretty hot desu

Haven't watched CR, is this what Mercer's sense of humour's like?

No i don't think it was humour, he lifted a lot of shit from the Book of Vile Darkness before they started broadcasting the campaign. One of their early BBEG was (I forget the name) some Emperor of some shit who kidnaps children and ties them to his armour with leashes so he can't be attacked. Think it's also implied he probably fucks the kids but idk. BoVD gets fucked up.
He cut all that shit by the time they had an audience though, but one or 2 elements remained, like Vecna, and corruption etc