Teleported into the presence of an OC donut steel character

>teleported into the presence of an OC donut steel character
>take damage if you can't answer her trivia quiz
>random high DC arbitrary abilities to fuck with PCs who don't go along with the railroad
Why do people consider Paizo's adventure paths good again?

Paizo is shit, more news at 11.

>same people who hate this masturbate to lady of pain

You have any proof for that, bucko? I’m pretty sure most people hate Lady of Pain, largely for very similar reasons.

What the fuck is this?

Lady of Pains like a force of nature. This is just 'Hurt my fee-fees and i'll cripple you for life'

user, user...

You should never reply to bait.

I want someone to put this into a campaign, have their insanely overpowered character attack and beat Iomedae (probably a bard), and then post it on the Paizo forums.

Which of the developers is she a waifu/self-insert of?

I mostly use them as a base. They have a lot of ideas that could be good if their implementation was not so retarded.

For example this shitty "three questions game" could be turned into multiple gods barging on Iomedae to support some of the PCs that they like.

Are there any Adventure Paths that are of the "So bad they're good" variety? You'd think with Paizo's inability to take criticism they'd eventually release something that's entertainingly retarded.

Or just Wish. Unmaking an abusive Goddess seems like a pretty good use for Wish in my eyes.

Even better - wish her powers on a proper paladin with brains.

I don't even like Pathfinder but it's a goddess right? She's supposed to be powerful and not tolerate bullshit. At least they give a DC to resist.

The Lady of Pain is not the goddess of justice and righteousness and furthermore the narrative doesn't pretends that shes virtuous while flaying and mazing random people.

But that's an oxymoron, user.

Problem is not that she is a goddess or doesn't tolerate bullshit. Problem is that all this shit she pulls off doesn't actually have any real purpose. She basically flaunts her power, skirts some agreements and so on, for nothing of real value.

Hey now! I played a paladin with non-dumped Int and a Sleight of Hand as a class skill. Shame we never got above second level due to GM real life problems.

I was going to post bait about Veeky Forums being triggered at the sight of strong women, but then I realized that I just don't care anymore.

The developer who wrote the book would make fun of you, saying "nuh uh now I declare it didn't happen," ban you from the forums, and put your character in their next book suffering for eternity for DARING to challenge them. That'll teach you!

Nobody hates Lady of Pain. Firsttly because she has almost no discernible personality instead of being a vain twat. The things we do know about her suggest that she even has a sense of humility, not wanting people to worship her. Secondly, her rules are pretty simple to live by (don't physically bring a god into Sigil, don't kill dabuses, don't cause any other kind of widespread death and destruction in Sigil, and don't worship her.) You don't have to win a stupid trivia contest about how great she is.

Know the most retarded part? Originally that was going to be a pure roleplay encounter with open ended philosophical questions for the players to discuss with the goddess and she'd REQUEST the meeting.

Then James Jacobs happened and went
>Lel, not gamist enough, not really an encounter, not clear enough railroad with answers, lemme just draw on this with a crayon clenched between my buttocks for a minute brah

Most of everything wrong with PF comes back to that man.

>bucko
Don't you have a $10 personality quiz to take?

Kingmaker is actually, sincerely fucking amazing.
Carrion Crown is alright.
Jade Regent is Waifu simulator the harem anime the roleplay and fun for the neckbeardiest of us all.
Serpent's Skull is fuckin' lit because snake people m8, Howard would approve.
And Skuills & Shackles is kind of fun, starting with a mutiny and undead whores and it only gets more pirate as fuck from there - If you play it though, go in with an actual pirate attitude rather than hurr durr am heroes with tricorn hats.

which book is this from?

Are you deficient?
Kingmaker is one of the worst ones.
The entire thing falls apart at level 7 or so, unless your group somehow failed to grasp the exceedingly easy ways to render 80% of the encounters unusable.

Hell, I had to invent rival nations that threatened them from the beginning, or else they would have grown powerful enough to goddamn wreck their established neighbors.

>Why do people consider Paizo's adventure paths good again?
I dunno, go ask /pfg/ and see how much bile they have for the AP again. Paizo has written some decent stuff before, but the only thing 'mythic' about that one was how big of a failure it was.

Wrath of the Righteous, where you get to be 'mythic' which mostly means regular monsters don't even get a save vs the wizards spells and the fighter can... hit for +2 damage? But don't worry, they include mythic grade monsters too, like skeletons and regular animals!

Oh totally, all of the adventure paths fall apart if your PCs have any shred of a braincell between them about level 7 dude.

But the thing about Kingmaker is you can turn to your players and go 'so what now fuckers, you got power, you got cash, what you gonna do?'
Then just let them sandbox their own troubles.

it seems WotR is preeetty bad, as it comes up constantly with many differant examples of shitness.

Lady of Pain is not
>a goddess of justice
>LG
>touted as righteous by anybody
>the creator's waifu
>meant to be interacted with
>a railroading tool in any but the worst DM's hands
The only point of the Lady is so that nobody, not the PCs or anybody else, can start a murderspree in broad daylight in the middle of the street. Nothing more.

It also has the most stale redemption arc you can imagine with a redeemed succubus and a transgender character with a lesbian girlfriend before making it to book 3.

We didn't care much about that.
We just murdered the shit out of demons.

The barbarian regularly did 400+ damage/round at the end and my fighter had some 500 Hp due to Mythic shenanigans
Staying power was his thing.

Well, also the fact that there is a clear lack of people in Paizo who spray him with water if he starts sperging out.

God damn if that is Jacobs Waifu why did he make her such a bitch.

James Jacobs but that dude has like a Harem i can count maybe like 3 Waifu npcs in that book that are just there to show how awesome they are.

I'm actually running this rn. If you attack her she teleports you back to the material plane at -1 and dying and your blind permanently. Not even wish overcomes it. Now you do get a 40 will save but success simply means you are only teleported to the material plane

What system are you playing that wish can strip the powers away from a god?

Furthermore if you aren't playing a system like that then you are playing with the most spineless GM in the universe

I can forgive that if the paladin hadn't sold a holy sword for something that is priced so cheap a commoner can afford it. Because there's a tranny working for paizo and can't bear anything not directly related to "muh struggle". If she's a miserable tranny then all Trannies need to be miserable, including fictional Trannies in fantasy worlds

>Not just going into a low level dungeon or being friends with a mage.

WotR is one of the biggest "what the fuck" moments of Paizo.

They had the most simplistic, basic story arc possible. "Heroes of good save the world from evil demon invasion". And somehow they managed to fuck it up right out of the gate. Shit, they fucked it up even before then if we consider the absolute shitshow that was the Mythic rules to be part of it.

Dude, she's a God. It's not a well-written encounter, but she's a GOD.

I mean, the PCs just need some basic civility, and then there's no issue at all. If I was God, I'd want pissant mortals to show me some respect, too.

Quit Paizo Jacobs your waifus are trash

Probably a cuck so he gets turned on when she goes "UMMMM no sweetie" on him.

One who asks trivia about herself and moral questions with no wrong answers, but conditions that can ensure there's no right answers if the DM's so inclined.

>You got the question right, but you didn't answer with enough conviction befitting a hero, so it doesn't count

She isn't his waifu.

For some reason he depicts his waifus (yes, plural, disgusting) as either harem targets for players, lesbians with brown women, or ditzy sex-bombs who get fucked (and fucked over) by LE governors and then petrified.

I object to Lady of Pain because she's a clumsy answer to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.

>trans les shit
I want to post on the forums how that made one of my players uncomfortable so I made it a straight cishet couple.

One of the gods in the pathfinder setting

My advice is to embrace your blessed ignorance and just let us grognard.

How do we go about killing this thot?
I'd say we convince all the evil deities to come together and attack her

She's not suicidal though

So he is literally cucked by his own imagination ?

So which adventure path/module is this from exactly?

>Millions of examples of bad writing in D&D
>Of course the rage is about some chick

Don't forget that chick happens to be a god.

nice 2007 may may

>Millions of examples of bad writing [involving gods] in D&D
>Of course the rage is about some chick

Wrath of the righteous, which could have been good but they fucked everything up

People still complain about kender, bloody trail and the book of exalted deeds, shut the fuck up retard.

>I want to post on the forums how that made one of my players uncomfortable so I made it a straight cishet couple.
Then they would ban you.
No, seriously, they banned an openly gay poster and a bunch of others for not kowtowing to some such leftist bullshit.

You having to reach for the Pantheon of Shit as a reply more helps his point than hinders it.

Sounds about right.

Well OP. I don't know how everyone else handles it, but I like playing in pre-established worlds, and sometimes I do end up throwing in one of that world's OCs. And... If my PCs kill their ass? They end up killing their ass and stealing their loot.

Had a party kill Elminster once. Didn't plan on that. Yes Elminster was scaled back to merely be "Very Difficult", yeah Mystra was pissed, but I didn't TKP my players for doing it. At the time my two experienced players were freaking out that they'd be in trouble from ... everyone? To be honest, to this day, I'm not sure what they were so scared of. Them constantly being paranoid and obscuring their presence everywhere was one of my more enjoyable campaigns.

I like established worlds, because players have the freedom to say "I read about this place! lets go here!" instead of you being to single source of everything in a world. but I tend not to care about any characters within established settings, unless the PCs put an attachment on them.

To be fair, if you want to run a long term forgotten realms campaign or multiple ones you have to kill Big El and destroy half the cities on the storm coast.

It's the only way to be sure...

sophistry is for faggots so I guess it fits you

I'm running this AP right now.

For the most part, Wrath of the Righteous is pretty decent. They've laid out the adventure in a way that neatly allows for some deviation, while still giving me a great deal to work with (and saving me a lot of time prepping encounters). Honestly, I don't think I would have been able to run a year-long campaign without it; this is the longest campaign our group as ever had.

That said, I had to rewrite this entire encounter, and this isn't the only place I've had to rewrite. And its honestly less egregious than most of book 4, which just required the party to make decisions that were entirely out of character.

That's hard, because she has no stats.

Pick a demigod. They've got stats so they're much easier to work with.

>At the time my two experienced players were freaking out that they'd be in trouble from ... everyone?
Probably worried about how when you mess with one of Mystra's Chosen you're messing with all of them because they back each other up, keep clones and resurrections ready for each other (much like how the party wizard is presumably keeping a clone ready once he has the ability to cast the spell, unless he's clinically retarded), and generally work together. In that sense they're like a 9-10 person party of max-level characters with appropriate loot, boons, and blessings.

It cuts down on what I call the Star Wars Problem.

Years ago in my old group, if you ran anything in star wars it would devolve into "But in the Novels...". It got worse when The Old Republic came out and i sad fuck it and ran games 200 years after Luke died.

Congrats, you spelled "sophistry" correctly. All that remains is to learn what it means.

>to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.
Why should that problem not exist in the first place in or out of universe?

>talking with goddess who keeps asking us about her history like we fucking care
>one of the lads tells her to keep on with it
>makes him deaf cause she can't handle the bants
>He can no longer hear the sounds of his bardic music and throws away his instruments
>Alignment: Lawful Good

>ditzy sex-bombs who get fucked (and fucked over) by LE governors and then petrified.
I don't remember this one.

>Bloody Trail
?

Sounds like the reaction of most players, user, in one way or another.

My group went something along the lines of

>barbarian doesn't know, doesn't care about silly history, he does good in the moment and follows his heart and conscience
>takes her deafening as a warhorn trumpet, basically a request for single combat
>he happily accepts
>she orders the party paladin, the barbarian's blood brother, who had up until this point worshipped Iomedae, to fight the barbarian instead (making him choose between his friends and his god)
>paladin politely apologises, but he has sworn an oath and must uphold it as a paladin by acting as his friend's second against her

And thus did the resulting bitchfit of Iomedae result in a fallen paladin goddess.

Shensen in Hell's Rebels.

>talking about these examples that have nothing to do with girls and are talked about all the fucking time proves the point that you guys only talk about shit when girls are involved
????

>meant to be interacted with
>a railroading tool in any but the worst DM's hands
Well, except the part where there around five-ish official adventures that are specifically about the PCs saving the LoP or fixing her problems so she doesn't die or sigil unraveling the universe. And only the PCs can do it for some reason or another. One adventure even states how they are the crux of fate (ie PCs) or some such thing.

>comparing a level of shitty you see on a monthly basis with D&D to the worst things ever to grace tabletop
>implying you're not hysterical about this
>implying if this scenario had a male god doing it, this thread would exist

Yeah, his aquatic-elf-reincarnated as a drow (or was it the other way around?) 30 some point buy bard with neither diplomacy nor bluff nor sense motive who was trying to sleep around with Chelaxian nobles and get secrets from them, while being a famous opera singer but almost always getting caught and Bad End so her friends are spending 10k a week on diamonds for her resurrections and shit.

When the party first finds her it's in the home of some noble that got tired of her always popping back up, so she's on her knees and petrified by his pet cockatrice. The party can easily think she's just a statue of questionable taste, yet she's supposed to become an important ally and the AP assumes she'll be stolen back and returned to flesh.

>Turning on his god to uphold his oath
fucking righteous

>Hell's Rebels
That explains it. I like most the APs, almost all of them can work great with some modifications. But Hell's Rebels is the one that never manage to made me give a shit.

Wow, you seem really upset about this image you've projected onto other people with no proof. Maybe you should take a breather, user.
Unless you're one of those people who thinks that acting retarded is trolling, in which case carry on.

>>implying if this scenario had a male god doing it, this thread would exist
Holy shit you are delusional. Yes this thread would exist because it would still be supposed LG god that attempts to murder you for answering questions wrong that she just fucking asks you. She's still a LG god that permanently deafens and blinds for banter. She's still a terribly written, holier-than-thou, personal pet for the writer to tout as a PC fucker for no reason but to fuck with PCs.

Writing this bad comes up in Pathfinder all the time and I didn't see specific threads for them.

>Unless you're one of those people who thinks that acting retarded is trolling, in which case carry on.
He is, and he's been successful so far, including with you, retard.

And this is the first thread for this bitch and there have been a lot of paizo hate threads lately, what's your point? Paizo has a lot of dumbshit to work through and more than 2 threads is more or less spamming.

Drow reincarnated as an aquatic half-elf, keeping all the good racial abilities (including ones that made no sense to have, like crossbow proficiency when she was reincarnated as an infant), losing all the bad ones, being about ten levels ahead of every other PC in the book she first appeared in, has a pet dinosaur, lack of all the relevant skills to do what she's claimed to do, and a -2 WIS penalty on top of that.

A half-competent 5th level aristocrat could outsmart her without breaking a sweat.

>max-level characters with appropriate loot, boons, and blessings.
Well run games how you prefer but I generally considered throwing a constant barge of OP-NPCs at my players with no end in sight to be a little on the "That DM" side.

Elminster backup clones? Well he probably does have something like that set up. But feels like snatching victory away from my PCs. So he was dead-dead in that version.

No clones, a few Mystra's Chosen did show up and try to end them, after a few fights Mystra herself contacted them and offered them to pay her back, continue to earn her ire.

>And this is the first thread for this bitch
False.

man faced tranny

Link.

First thread bitching about Iomedae
Are you new, or just can't read?

And if I was only pretending to be caught by his bait, doesn't that make you a retard? :^)

Again, link to another thread. Preferably within the past week.

We don't talk about Die Vecna Die, worst AD&D adventure ever penned.

No idea how to do that, archive only goes back 3 days. But you really do need to lurk more. Or you just playing dumb.

You didn't say "Bless You" when I sneezed. *trumpets*