How would your setting react to being confronted with modern weapons and technology?

How would your setting react to being confronted with modern weapons and technology?

The various kings, princes, merchant lords, and other assorted rulers would suck whatever dick needed to get their hands on some once people started realizing how deadly the weapons were and how useful the long-range communications were.

You can only bully the primitives for a little while until they get their hands on your guns, there's always someone who'll sell them some ak-47s at exhorbitant prices to make a quick buck, or they'd loot them from corpses. If the setting has magic, the soldiers are double fucked

Depends if they could figure out guns or not. They could see it as magic. Able to use the artifacts but not maintain(clean) or recharge them(make ammo).

>It's a bit early for historical enactments

>Dieselpunk spelljammer with people who can dodge bullets and slowly fading, but still powerful magic

Congratulations, you just sped up their technological progress a little. Now prepare your anus.

Didn't the native americans use rifles a ton after a while? They still got slaughtered, but there would be a lot more of them in an entire setting

>Sir, what do we do if we run into a feral with a devil rattle?
>Easy son, hide behind a tree and hope it blows up
Feral guns are notorious unreliable and poorly made

Among many isekai books world of prime explores a guy building modern weapons in lowl level D&D world (with exp and levels and everything).
Pretty good, especially the part where exp is a physical thing and can be taxed i.e. the king is the most powerful guy in the country.

>Isekai
>good

It would be seen as almost prehistoric, any records of the modern era have been destroyed either through a cleansing of information or natural destruction of archives.

>nuh-uh my setting is strongest ever and will always win!

Kys

>a genre is bad maymay

> especially the part where exp is a physical thing and can be taxed i.e. the king is the most powerful guy in the country.
Fucking what? That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard of in a fantasy setting, it creates a power structure so different from real life you can't even imagine what that world would be like. You might think you can imagine it, but you cannot. Corporations and governments don't amass personal excellence for their members, they amass money. Amassing physical, mental, and/or magical capability via taxation would lead to the most terrifying reality ever.

>assuming everyone only plays fantasy/historic settings...

The Adeptus Mechanicus would probably dismiss most of the small-arms as low-tech, while being interested in reproducing the machine-spirits of some weapon guidance systems..

Humans would probably be overtaken under whatever military force has this tech, but for the most part shit like dragons, giants, and world-wandering deities would shrug off gunfire just as easily as they would crossbow bolts.

Elves already have stockpiles of ordinance, but aren't going to use it until God gives them the green light to start the end of days.

well, in Call of Cthulhu, modern guns and phones are the least of their problems.

Honestly? Genocide.

My setting is modern level technology, so I guess they go about their day?

I would disagree.
Without any national interest in selling guns to those primitives, their primitive economy would be unable to output sufficient amount of desireable goods or resources to actually make selling arms to them logical or feasible, especially considering in this phase these are still top of the line technology.

They could not be able to afford the price of such equipment, seeing that the most powerful nations in the world would be scurrying to get their hands on as many modern weapons as they could, which means the wealthiest nations will pay a lot to be the biggest kids on the yard whilst the rest of the world gets divided up.

I'm just playing science fantasy, modern weapons wouldnt exactly fit when everyone has access to handheld laser canons

Most people would be incredibly suprised and afraid. Such powerful devices are surely the result of sorcery, angry spirits, or vengeful gods

A rare few would know the truth though, that devices like this once existed in abundance during the Time of Gold, and that machines like them can be found in the deepest parts of the cursed necropoli.

The Gods get together, and they go "Gunpowder and complex mechanisms don't work in our world."

Laughter at the primitives.

More old-world tech. Albeit slightly more advanced than the flintlocks and wild west revolvers they were used to, but similar principles.

The Gun Witches of the Calamity Flats become ever more powerful.

>currently run Star Wars and 40k
>"oh, that's a pretty nice autogun/slugthrower"
>"what, your comlink/vox can't reach low orbit? that's so sad"

But he isn't wrong user

Well, they could always pay up in whatever natural resource their world has. So like 10 old ass aks for a truck full of mana crystals or whatever. Black market dealers would jump on opportunities like that.

People are shocked they're using prefall antiques from earth.