How do you kill a slasher so he doesn't come back for the sequel?

How do you kill a slasher so he doesn't come back for the sequel?

Your acting is so bad, and the plot is so awful or contrived that there is no sequel.

This is literally the only way, and it doesn't even always work

Have the movie bomb

make sure the box office tanks and spend way too much on production

Came here to post this. So alternatively become the slasher at the end of the 1st movie

The problem is that you're seeing a slasher as an entity. It's more a concept or idea. While the idea lives, so does the slasher. So, you just need to kill the idea, like this:

>It doesn't even always work

Pic related.

Fuck

You keep him alive and redeem him with the power of friendship, OP.

Hit him with some PG-13

wood chipper?
shoot him into the heart of the sun?

Burn the body to ash, bury it in the foundation of a church
These

Aquire the IP, refuse to allow any sequels.

Become a monster of equal immortal power, have an awesome bloody fight then fall in love as you rip each other's throats out, walk away holding each other's bloody hands.

Bring in another killer who has a vendetta against the initial killer

Become the Slasher

>Aquire the IP, refuse to allow any sequels.
It would be a fun plot for a Wes Craven's New Nightmare-style story where the Last Girl acquires the rights to the series and the whole movie is about the slasher (who manifests in our reality) using his lawyer to try and get a new movie produced anyway.

The problem is Rob Zombie has enough of a cult following from House of 1000 Corpses, Devil's Rejects and his music that he can pull shit like that.

Want a fun new game for your group? Grab the d20 system, have all your players start off at lol one and make XP basically non existent the whole campaign to way they might lol up to 2. Then make a lol 15 revenant archtype slasher and make character deaths permanent then have the player reroll when they die. Have fun murdering your friends over and over till they find the thing that CAN kill your slasher.

You know, if hollywood wasn't creatively bankrupt, I would love to see a horror-comedy about the victims in a slasher film trying to get production canceled so they don't get murdered.

Redeem him into a hero.

That's just The Cabin in the Woods. Which blows.

When you have the slasher down on the ground
Don't stop shooting/stabbing, or hitting

Keep going until his body is reduced to chunky salsa

The climax would be the victim about to resort to MURDER to prevent it.
With the Actor of the Slasher pleading for reason, in costume

Fpbp

Literally came to post it.

>and spend way too much on production
Wrong! That means you've build sets, created a lot of specific props and what not. So somebody will try to use them cheaply and the easiest way to do so is making a sequel or at least a spiritual successor to your movie.

Third act blows. Anything before that is pretty funny.
Seriously, that movie should have ended when the Control guys assumed it ended.

You don't.

Trap the slasher alive somewhere that they can't escape from. Lead box on the bottom of the ocean floor, the moon, some hyper dimensional prison.

>Lead box on the bottom of the ocean floor, the moon, some hyper dimensional prison
That's exactly how you get Slasher 2: Electric Boogaloo - they get out of such prison.

Unless you overspend on CGI instead

Stock footage, mate. Entire movies were made out of Executive Decision, for example.

Didn't realize this thread was entirely unrelated to tg until I saw your post

Attack slasher's budget and ensue that his movie will not get large scale theatrical release. If the movie is made with budget of 20 bucks and only shown in ten theaters in bumfuck nowhere the chances are that slasher won't be coming back. That is unless slasher manages to play the cult classic card and get either direct to video sequel or big budget remake authorized.

You need to exploit the specific mythology that has created your Slasher. Is it a 70’s exploitation Slasher? 80’s moral panic Slasher? 90’s self awareness? The PG-13 remake of the Aughts? Blood wave retro of the 10’s?

Scream 3 and New Nightmare both handled the film meta better than other things. So I, personally, would avoid that.

I’ve considered a Horror Campaign where the players are trying to survive. But with a little American Werewolf/Idle Hands spectre friends going on.

What if it is a new tens slasher movie that parodies pg-13 slashers of 00s but has significant 70s blaxploitation elements mixed with tropes from the old dark house films of 1920s and 30s?

by cutting off its limbs

>slasher returns in the sequel
>but this time he has hooks for arms and legs

You just made it worse, shoot off his dick while at it so that he can rape someone with his massive chainsaw penis prosthetic.

Extremely specific, overdone, and useless CGI that even looks like shit in its intended setting. The Bayformers faces, for example.

New age hipster slasher that wants to express his originality that he's entitled to, but can't actually come up with new ideas due to a mixture of severe lack of education and experience and stunted ability to concentrate and focus by modern social media, so just rips off a bunch of things at once and calls it "Recontextualization", a word he didn't come up with, but recontextualized.

Give him a slasher-waifu that he can love and starts a family with her. She can be just R63 of the original slasher and target flirty/nerdy/virgin/chad boys instead of girls.

In my modern fantasy setting, Slashers are a type of monster that is made when people try to become immortal by killing others to extend their life span.

I'm not exactly sure how to kill them yet; but I think making sure they can't claim any victims and destroying all of their "fetters" like their old creepy house, knife, and mask would certainly help.

Get this guy to do it.

Slasher will be fucked and dead permanently but in the sequel you'll be chased by a demon he bumbled into summoning.

Best slasher.

Then the Slasher is probably pulled pretty strongly from older mythologies but doesn’t actually relate to those identities. It’s methods are superficially classic. Focus on the 70’s blaxploitation elements for your research as that is likely where he Slasher’s weakness lies. It will probably be averse to tiddies.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space was a masterpiece

Slasher is probably unable to react rationally or effectively against existing patterns. Play yourself straight in obvious ways they should be able to kill you and it will remove the Slasher’s ability to be appropriately creative. This may backfire and lead to raging, but that may be its undoing.

Martial Liches mixed with “power from worship” style starving them of energies. Freddie Vs. Jason had a nice exploration of power from fear which could apply.

>tfw ywn get to run a game where all the characters are women in plain underwear and tank tops on a sweaty space ship pursued by a biomechanical penis-penis monster.

Codifying Xenomorphs as slashers is interesting, to say the least. Their rules are pretty straight forward, just hard to exploit.

Become a more interesting slasher and then kill the previous one.

Any good slasher tabletop games?

They'll eventually get out somehow and hunt your great-great-granddaughter in the sci-fi sequel.

Kicking the can down the road is a proud tradition

Just once, I want to watch a horror movie with some monster/slasher/whatever, wherein the moment they call the priest/police, it turns into a legit monster hunt.

I just think it'd be cool to see a movie do a complete 180 halfway through the second act.

>burn it to ashes
>mix ashes in concrete
>make 2 different batches of it
>lock the blocks of concrete inside two giant safes
>drop them at different points in ocean, as far as humanly possible from each other
I'd like to see something regenerate from that which isn't a god-like being

Slashers have the power of plot. There'd be some convoluted explanation about a reckless explorer digging up the mysterious safes, a military experiment or a complete cop-out with the slasher walking out of the sea dripping to confront your great-great-great grandchild.

>50 years later
>the slasher is just a legend now
>curious rich fucker pays two teams of hot teenagers to dig up the pieces
>they bring the two halves back to his mansion
>oh no slasher comes to life and kills rich fucker
>now his security is activated and they can't leave the mansion grounds

How's this then;
>after the slasher is killed, lock it's corpse in a super advanced space shuttle(needs to be a slightly techologically advanced setting)
>shoot it to the sun/black hole
>there's a suicide crew whose job is to occasionally blend it in a meatgrinder so it doesn't regenerate
>the end of slashing

You're just begging for a malfunction to cause the meatgrinder to fail and the slasher to hijack the spaceship

And now the slasher has a spaceship and he can hit up the orbital Cheerleader College Colony

>The slasher's soul returns from hell
>He possesses the body of one of your great great grand daughter's friends, possibly her love interest
>He bides his time before the slashing begins anew

Ok, this one cannot POSSIBLY fail;
>slasher is going to die
>get the pope
>the pope forgives the slasher for all his sins
>his soul goes to heaven and has no reason to be reborn again
>bury him respectfully in a graveyard

>Slasher is now angel of vengeance
>sent to punish hedonistic teens as he did in his life/undeath
Too easy

>Turns out the slasher had two personalities and the good half was the only one that got into heaven
>Now the bad half is a zombie and twice as evil

Ooh, I like yours. That's cool, you could do all sorts of inversions on ways that he's killed his victims in previous installments.

Cut of his limbs, nose and ears, blind him, encase him in hundreds of layers of metal alive, bury it deep underground and build something huge atop so it can never be dug out.

So, the music video to Little Piece of Heaven by Avenged Sevenfold?

Pretty sure that's is pretty close to how some of the bad Showa Godizilla movies were made.

I'm thinking the opening scene is the preppy chad sitting in church listening to the boring pastor. He looks over at his friend the stoner jock and rolls his eyes, and stoner jock directs his attention to pastor's son, who's wearing a dorky church outfit and standing off to the side with the organist or whatever. Then preppy chad locks eyes with Stacey who gives us our first tease of the movie by applying lipstick (for the benefit of preppy chad but also the audience) so we're treated to a closeup shot of a 10/10 eighteen year old running a lipstick over her lips in a scene that you know is going to have a photoshopped dick in it by the time you leave the theater. Preppy chad gets too into it and is shocked back to reality by his angry straitlaced dad handing him the collection plate or something.

After church, preppy chad and stoner jock hassle pastor's son and almost get caught bullying him but stop right before pastor shows up and lets the audience know that they're going away for the night and the pastor's son is going to stay in town. Other main characters are introduced, like stoner jock's girlfriend, lacrosse hottie, and rounder-outer character, slutty brunette.

(cont. because damn it feels good to hit the character limit)

That night (because it's summer and there's no school), preppy chad, stoner jock, Stacey, lacrosse hottie, and slutty brunette are drinking and driving and getting horny when they drive past the darkened church and decide to break in and have sex there. There can even be a scene with two girls since there's an odd number of them. BUT SUDDENLY pastor's son appears at the church! He wants to call the cops, but stoner jock breaks the phone and slutty brunette tries to seduce him telling him that she knows he jacks off to her. Things get hot and heavy for a minute before circumstances occur that causes pastor's son to die by falling off the second-story balcony or something. Maybe he lands right next to preppy chad and Stacey having sex in the aisle between the pews and obviously breaks his neck and dies on impact.

Screams! Followed by a panicked getaway as the five of them flee the scene half-naked and almost hit another car on the road getting away because it's started to rain.

Cut back to the church, where pastor's son lies dead on the steps right by the podium where his dad delivered the sermon earlier that day, blood trailing down the steps onto the aisle. A slow, spiraling zoom-in of the pastor's son's face while lighting and thunder crash in the background. The camera holds steady on his dead face, when suddenly the boot of the slasher steps into frame!

None of the teenagers says anything about it even when the pastor and pastor's wife get back into town and start crying about their dead son lying on the altar, because the next night is the big party and they don't want to miss it. Luckily the parents of stoner jock are out of town so the party can go on as scheduled. More opportunities for some T&A with a bunch of extras, and also for slutty brunette to get slashed to death by a mysterious attacker! But who could have done it?

From there you just pick 'em off until test audiences tell you to stop.

Perfection user, I'd watch it.
Love a good /awful slasher flick.
Probably some redemption arc for the stoner's gf or maybe the lacrosse hottie so you can have the girl who survives at the end, maybe becomes a nun or something.

Thanks user

That Oxford comma was probably unnecessary because I meant that lacrosse hottie was stoner jock's girlfriend.

Doesn't work, in the next movie it turns out the slasher was supernatural and can't be killed, or has a whole bunch of eager disciples/imitators.

I guess keep his body on constant display? They'd need to be supervised contantly by live people I suppose. Slasher needs to be out of sight to resurrect.

still a better love story than twilight

But most slashers are male.

Isn't that the plot of one of a Nightmare on Elm Street films?

What if we sequestrate their mind, and alter/replace it with one less violent, by magic or nanites or whatever.

It'll fail and make them twice as violent.

Yes...

Ensure the Surviving protagonists are memorable enough to warrant being the main characters in the sequel - rather than the slasher.
Introduce/allude to a possible successor in the first movie.

This right here.

Slasher villains are just like comic/manga characters. They'll keep coming back even if you burn them to ash, throw them in a black hole, or banish them to the shadow realm. The only permanent solution is to befriend the slasher.

Uub is best boy.

Is he in the new DBZ yet?

production costs could also be for the cast and crew most of which are not able to be recouped. If youre paying your actors too much and your crew too much, you cant really get that money back.

not that I know of, I don't remember seeing him in Super at all.

goku has beaten at least a few major villains by blasting them into the sun

Reveal his face and make him the main character.

>From there you just pick 'em off until test audiences tell you to stop.
And this is the part that kills me. Thanks.
I think that's called a thriller movie, where there's a killer on the loose and the good guys try to stop it. Basically, if a horror movie actually has a plot and leads to an ending, it stops being a horror movie.

Betrayal at House on the Hill
Fearsome Floors
Werewolf

Sadly Jason Goes To Hell breaks that rule cause someone watching the corpse is going to end up eating the slashers heart and becoming the new slasher.

FOOLS!

YOU FORGOT ABOUT VHS SALES!

Sort of. Just saw it 2 days ago. Basically its a meta-movie where the girl in the first one (the actor) find out that Freddy is real and the only way to stop him from bleeding into the real world is to contain him in film. Or something. It was really fucking bad and was mostly Wes Craven jerking himself off.

Last Friday.

Sadly Jason Goes To Hell exists.

Riddly Scott called it a Haunted House movie set in space.

From criminal to Buu:
>Mr. Satan
>Oolong
>Master Roshi
>Yamcha
>Tien
>Piccolo
>Vegeta
>Buu

I think most of that is pretty logical, maybe Mr. Satan and Oolong aren’t particularly criminal but I can swear I saw some filler episodes of them doing shady shit. Yamcha because I’m sure being a desert bandit doesn’t make you a nice guy, and Tien because he was a villain back in DB.

But yeah, holy shit Toriyama really believes in villain redemption.

Become an anti-slasher and be good enough at your job that you're the priority target for the slasher?

It's pretty much about fame and word.of.mouth.
So, you kill the slasher's first round, and have someone embellish the story in believable steps until you're regarded as this mythic figure.
Maybe pick out a weapon of preference and do the slasher thing of picking out a signature outfit, and then just hang close to circumstances where the slasher originally appeared, let the would-be victims see the slasher before you kill it again and let the story blow up again.
Repeat until
A: the slasher rage quits over not getting to do anything other than spook his victims before getting killed again,
B: the people start thinking the slasher ain't shit and the idea of him being dangerous is forgotten, thus rendering him unable to come back since he's not a threat anymore, or
C: you find someone to continue your work.

Tien was never really a villain, only in the sense that he wanted to fight and defeat Goku, from what I remember. At least I don't remember him doing anything outright villainous.

Jason Goes to Hell was good. The story is shit but nobody watches these things for the story. What matters is the kills, which were good (in fact, the unrated version of Jason Goes to Hell has some of the best kills of the series). Creighton Duke, the bounty hunter, was also really awesome.

The Rob Zombie Halloween movies are shit but, to be fair, he did what was probably the best job of Myres' design since Halloween 2. Until he fucked it up with HoboMyres. Liking slasher movies is suffering.

Don't let anyone die, have the slasher become a complete joke.

Always always ALWAYS sever the head from the body, this should be the number one goal in mind when facing a slasher. Next, keep hacking at his "corpse" until you have a puddle of giblets and gore, at this point, everyone in the group will try and prevent you from tearing the body up even more, calmly explain the situation, and ask for help in continuing the hacking. Then, bury buckets of his giblets in seperate locations, having a truly devout priest consecrate each grave, oh, make sure to mark it too, with a proper headstone and epitaph.
And finally, THE MOST IMPORTANT STEP. Tell. Everyone. What. Happened. Call the police and calmly explain that the bucket of meat juice was until recently a brutal serial killer, make posts about it online, take pictures of the headstones, whatever, just get the word out and DON'T KEEP IT A SECRET.

I cannot stress enough how important the last step is, as, if he somehow survives all of the above and kills you anyway, he is a supernatural entity, but at the very least, the next group will know exactly how you guys dealt with him the first time around. Set up contingencies; "IF Asshole McSlashyslash somehow reappears, make sure to inform THESE people", dump all information online and then again via a dead man's switch (which you make public prior), ect.