Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Pro painted edition

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

>Some bullshit:
youtu.be/9vgq75xNBOw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

The eyes haunt my dreams.

Second for Tzeentch!

>This is now canon.

What color scheme should I go with for my Scions?

>this isn't canon

The Tau have arrived.

Stealing another god's number for Tzeentch.

Stripping one.

The future of Tau too

Salamanders best loyalist marines

I still think the Mutalith should've been an artillery beast like the Exocrine rather than random rolling for effects.

Man, GW should bring back Pariahs in some way. Gruesome necron tech/human flesh hybrids was such a cool idea.

I always forget there are like not awful people in 40k.

A more accurate future for the T''''''''au.

Does the new mini knight remind anyone else of these?

They don't fit. Necrons wouldn't waste the C'tan's gift on primitives. Also the Pariahs have no niche to fill because Praetorians and Lychguard exist.

Yeah didn't a small crusade almost wipe them out already?

They are still alive mostly because the imps don't care.

We already have Forgefiends and Defilers

Nope. All crusades sent against them failed.

They exist because the Imperium is too weak to wipe them out.

>Also the Pariahs have no niche to fill because Praetorians and Lychguard exist.
Well there is you know denying psykers. It's not like they could rework the lore and crunch to fill a new niche and make more sense with newcrons.

Not awful people being forced into situations where they have to do awful things is just another tiny cog in the GrimDark whole.

Salamanders might be the only actual good guys

>Out o'da way ya gitz! Why do da dark panzees and da bloo panzees get deyz books before ours?

Given that Ahriman mentioning 'He who got crucified' along with Mithras and Elizabeth Bathory, I bet there's high chance TS knew about Christianity and had bible among their collections.

Well, those nerds even had Pnakotic Manuscripts and statue of Abdul Alhazred, so I wouldn't be surprized at them knowing so much about the old world.

The Mutalith is basically a better Maulerfiend that sacrifices punching hard targets and a Daemonforge Stratagem in exchange for more attacks and unit buffs that are superior to the Mortal Wound effects.

Agree they should just be corrupted by chaos

>They exist because the Imperium is too weak to wipe them out
It's mostly because the amount of forces needed to handle them would leave open areas against chaos, orks, and nids if they wanted to they could wipe them out they are just spread too thin to do it now and Tau aren't that major of a threat compared to the other 3.

You might be thinking of the other dozen times Imperials get clowned by blueberries.

That's what he said.

Eldar isn't OP. LVO isn't reflective of what factions are good. The Eldar lists were tailored for the ITC format, played by dirty slow-playing, rules lawyering players.

The effects have a decent range, and the thing Isn't exactly squishy, so just run the fucker up to their face if you wanna do damage, It even blows up, and being In CC stop It from throwing out 2 random poers or 1 selected power, plus It's like what, 150 points? I like It. Pic unrelated

>Well there is you know denying psykers

Cenoptek Spyder gloom prisms already do that.

Reworking the lore and rules is too costly for time and money.

They managed to take the battle to a standstill but imperials retreated because Abaddon was getting started the 13th crusade, the planet they were fighting got exterminatused and mechanicus used a secret weapon that "burned" space and basically undid all the 3rd sphere effort by cutting off this planets from the rest of the tau empire, imperials took heavy casualties too, the only one faction that "won" in that conflict was the mechanicus

Don't bait the taufags they're insufferable when you remind them that they're irrelevant and only alive because of plot armour.

No, the mini knight just makes me wish the chain-chode It has for an arm was something not awful looking, and besides, those are dreads.

They definitely are the only good guys of the Imperium.

Are kind of life humanity during the Age of Technology. Cocksure and imperious. If they live long enough, they'll undoubtedly suffer the same fate (rebellious AI and psykers emerging). IF they survive that is.

> anime eyes
That thing needs to be purged with fire

Yeah I like the one crusade that i remember a small crusade of imperials kicked tau ass then decided that hive fleet behemoth was a bigger threat and left.

>They managed to take the battle to a standstill but imperials retreated because Abaddon was getting started the 13th crusade,

Nope, they retreated because they lost the ground war.

>asically undid all the 3rd sphere effort by cutting off this planets from the rest of the tau empire,

No.

The Colonies and planets were untouched save for Agrellan that was torched. A short while later, the Great Rift blew out the fire storm and the Empire was whole again.

It wasn't a small crusade.

And the Crusade was withdrawing before news of Behemoth reached them.

t. taufag

To be fair, Magnus just probably "borrowed" It from Malcador by memorizing the whole thing form across the room and then having his mind-bound writing-slave remembrancer write It down In the book of Magnus later.

You mean 3th ED dex, 4th ED dex, and Farsight material.

The 4th ED codex outright says the crusade's chances of victory were negligible.

IM PROUD OF MY BOY

Lamenters

Looks good.

He's a good kid.

Lookin good breh. Needs some minor touch up and maybe some highlighting on the black pole. Otherwise, it's gr8 m8

I've said before that they should just build a unit around gloom prisms as wargear. Something like a reverse warlock conclave that gets bigger and more denies as it grows in size. Maybe three denies with a +1 in 12 inches? Give them the necron equivalent of fleshbane versus psykers on their weapons and done.

Or maybe canoptek scorpions that move around real fast like I said in the other thread where this seems to keep coming up for some mysterious reason...

looks good, too bad hes a custodes

Plan to, this is just a test model that a friend base coated like shit so I'm not worried about it.

Which purple did you use?

The FW canoptipedes can deep strike with gloom prisms.

>Or maybe canoptek scorpions that move around real fast
Fund it.

The tomb beasts, yes, but I was thinking in the Codex. We shouldn't have to rely on FW to fill holes in our army. I'm not even saying it needs to be too offensive. Just some form of defense. Hears to hoping the new Cryptek will have new rules to bring back the Harbingers.

It'd really need to be on a character to be useful. Anything else would just get picked out.

>where this seems to keep coming up for some mysterious reason
It's simple much like the squatposter one guy shows up and posts Pariahs, than someone says they want them back and then the ensuing argument on whether it would work happens and here we are.

dumb question, but if i use a rapid fire 2 weapon, does that mean it gets 2 attacks within half range, or 4?

So what are some lite rule changes you would propose to your group to improve the game? Any changes to deepstrike, summoning, charging, etc etc that make sense to a general player and are easy to remember?

I don't agree. I'd like to see them do something like a combination of the Ynnari avatar'sand the deathmark's ability to deep strike. Maybe a deep strike in response a psychic test?

Fuck it. Give them to deathmarks. Problem solved.

So it's bait. Got it. I guess I just have fond memories of them.

A patrol detachment should give 1 command point.

>So it's bait.
About as much bait as the squat poster I think it's just that people want pariahs back way more that squats so it's really likely to get a response.

Just re-roll misses as both players see fit. The FAQ about it is so counter-intuitive, even experienced players keep doing it wrong from time to time.

what is so confusing about it?

Salamanders, Lamenters, and Guardians of the Covenant are all "Good Guy" Marines.

yeah that makes sense but something sounds off about it

This!

No, it reminds me of old Titanicus artwork.

Damn. The rest of those aren't bad but those fucking eyes.

I'd delete the 2 command point option to have a unit cut in line in the combat phase.

I'm salty after losing a match on Friday still and I'm chalking it up to that stratagem. Honestly it was still a good game.

If you have a positive modifier, you have to re-roll successes. If you have a negative modifier, you're not allowed to re-roll part of the fails. Plus as far as I know, people do the modifiers first so they know what they want to roll, and which results they have to remove after the roll.

I don't remember hearing that the fire barrier got undid by the storm, but I do remember that the warpstorm pulled in a bunch of the not-exterminatus space fire and spit it out in a bunch of places across the galaxy.

Patrol detachement give 1cp. Vanguard, spearhead, outrider, etc... 0.

Would fix a lot of the spam.

It would be easy to spam, but it doesn't come with enough slots of any one thing to be that bad either way. Plus you would still be limited to number of detachments versus points total (3 at 2,000 for example) so it would fight for space alongside say a Vanguard.

1 cp per troop choice.

The only other thing i can think of is use the beta rules for smite.... or house rule that only one power of the same type can be used each turn.

Incompetent and not even close to being as good as Salamanders.

You forgot the Celestial Lions.
All, like, 3 of them.

How do you feel about vehicle explosion?

Is there a good Discord server for 40k TTS? the ones I've found are either dead or shit

How the fuck do you win with Tau? It seems like they have zero chance to win against anyone fielding a LoW.

I think it's fun. Not too happy about all the mortal wound spam in 8th however.

And you have been living under a rock. Go the main rulebook.

Shoot the enemy before they kill you in melee.

>shoot
>BS 4+

Naggaroth night
xerus purple (stopped here on the shoulder pad just left the dark purple as the shade)
druchi violet
xerus purple
genestealer purple

>no psykers
>no melee
Well what other options do you have?

What is his endgame?

Riptide Wing

T'au commander of the year

I don't really see the fun in Tau, or IG for that matter. Having an army that just flat out doesn't have any real answer to combat other than sit in a designated area of the board and shoot seems so boring to me.

I dunno, he's wearing a rubricae or some shit

Re-rolls are flat based on if the hit/wound was a success after all modifiers.

-1 to hit rules are all mutually exclusive, preferably under a USR.

Limit maximum stratagems used per game round (you and your opponent's) to 6. Enough that nobkdy feels too pressured but armies with CP regen abilities (guard, guillaman parking lot) aren't encouraged to use a stratagem literally every time one is available to use.

There are also a n umber of sweeping changes I'd make to the base rules but that'd take too long to type out.

Buy more riptides.

you can move and summon but still ban it when the summoner was DS or summoned that turn

Not using enough strike teams gue'la

It's really funny seeing msu lose like 200 points from a fucking rhino