Song of Swords: I'm Nuclear

Last time on Song of Swords:
Some stuff
Dacian cuisine
Rats die at sunrise
700,000,000,000,000,000 dead Communists
SoS Never Dies.
Monster rules incoming. Here's a preview.

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. The Kickstarter was nearly 300% funded. Soon all of mankind will serve my will.

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day. Leopard Seals will rule the Earth, especially your part.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v2.0 but with additional supplements.
mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread.

We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room, but now we have a much better way to play Audatia: Tabletop Simulator! The (official!) mod for Audatia is now up and running!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904774480

youtube.com/watch?v=hjQaa3xqkMA

>elephants

The most horrible of all monsters

Neat. Is there a single Rarog, or is it a species of monster laserhawks?

Ha ha, time to scare my players to death!

Rats die at sunrise?

Oh shit I want more monsters those are so cool.
Undead when Jimmy?

We already have undead

Do you want to talk about that?

We need more undead

nigga we have skeleton wheels, that's too much undead

We need skeleton chariots that travel on skeleton wheels, mounted by skeleton archers, pulled by skeleton horses.

read the rules senpai, that's possible

Do we have any sort of ghosts?

Okay. Time to post my STALKER shit. Most of what I've done since I last posted it, was refactoring.
I have taken a liking to how the Traveller LBBs have split up their content into three small booklets, and have aimed to do the same.
So the first book will be characters, combat and some equipment, while the second will be about The Zone.
So far, I only have the contents I had for the first books remade in this fashion, but there's still things missing. Mostly character advancement and equipment, I think.
For the second book, I still have some chapters from the older version that I can reuse with (probably) some adjusting.

I remember the Undead thing having stuff for ethereal beings

The spawn of the dark watchers are a lot grosser than i had thought.

They are pretty much right where I assumed they would be.

Good shit, my dude

Since STALKER lad is posting his stuff, I'll go ahead and share what I've been working with alongside my group, the good old JRPG/Weeb Mage. I don't remember what I posted in these threads last time, but I got a changelog just for that.

One of the biggest things I added other than proper elemental projectile properties were Offices, which are essentially optional proficiency levels that give a bonus every now and then. From the beginning I really didn't want to do this, but after seeing Jimmy's Thaumaturgy I said "fuck it" and went along. Fortunately I have a player who's pretty into it, so he's been helping me with playtesting other than just me adding NPCs to try stuff out or stay up at 3 am playing as 4 different characters by myself.

reminder that your boss is stealing your surplus labour value and that you should rise up in glorious revolution

>implying I do any surplus labour
lmao

Just had a curious scroll through it, reading a few of the spells. Good stuff senpai. And I think I like the Offices as well, so cool you included them.

>Oasis Spider
>A giant 12 legged camel spider

I would kill myself on the spot. Fuck that to death

Final release of PDFs when?

Probably late February for the core rulebook. According to the kickstarter the Core and Magic rulebooks are undergoing formatting, and the Hunter's Handbook text should be close to done.

What the Albish should do, is get one of those fuck huge cannons that they built to shoot at Clachish forts from across the channels, and reposition it to shoot at that thing what's crawling towards that town. Certainly they can outrange its mind blast.

Do those have long enough range? Also
>Horror Tendrils (49)
>Attaches to:

Every time Jimmy omits a word it's somehow eerie

A dardenelles bombard could easily make the range, if not entirely accurately. They've had hundreds of years to build a supergun.
I guess the local leaders figured inching away was the more prudent option; don't know how the thing would react to actually being hit.

Well it has no mouth, even if it must scream. They just better hope to deal with the beast quickly enough before it has time to react

How do you shoot the beast without thinking about what you're firing at? They can't see the thing, and they only have a vague idea about where it is because they can't look directly at it without being forced to walk towards it.

Construct a pillar perpendicular to the weird thing's path, and hire a powerful Bocanadessia Thaumaturge to use Moonbeams and Moonspears on it until it dies. Tie them to a chair bolted to the ground to make sure they don't fly towards the damn thing if they think too hard about it.

They're sad monsters. That's what I got, most of them are just in a state of perpetual suffering.

Damn, I made a thread about missing SoS and now here we are!

Sometimes, Jimmy hears our prayers

It's hard to say whether you're supposed to find them sympathetic or not.

How often is Fatigue reduced by resting?

In the skill packets, where it has stuff like athletics twice in one packet - is that the like two different things, like swimming and climbing, or is it two ranks in athletics?

I've always treated Athletics as a single skill that can be used for multiple tasks, keeping the same rank but changing the attribute. I don't know if that's the correct way though

For people who have played this - how did leveling up and all that worked?

I've been a GM more than I've been a player, but I found that it wasn't too slow or too quick to advance as far as the rules went. Depending on the length of the game I'd structure rewards differently (such as the Sagas and Epics) but it all worked out well. With the longest campaign I did my players pretty much went from outcast foreigners to experienced mercenaries by the end of 10 or so sessions.

I think the way that the game rewards you mainly through roleplay is pretty fun, since it actually gives the players goals to work their characters toward, and the Boons and Banes aid or harm them throughout it all. We've had plenty of dynamic characters because of it

I have a campaign where all the players are servitors working for a noble house, trying to get their lord to become the next king. So I feel like a lot of their arcs will be similar. Plus I'm using some other stuff from another system, so I'm trying to port that skill system and stats into this SoS (which I'm porting from my original use of Riddle of Steel).

I think there can still be a good enough dynamic, not everyone will do the same job for the same reasons, and neither will they be in that position due to the same causes either. Since you're the GM you should definitely guide them through the arc process if you feel they need it, and give tips on any ways they could tackle their characters' motivations.

You guys are cool.
I'm currently working on a Soul Calibur hack. I didn't think I'd see others do stuff as well so soon.

Please keep us updated when you got something for us. I miss Soul Calibur

>SoS thread

About fucking time

Tell me about magic in both settings, please

There's a few different kinds in each setting.

SoS has:
>Pyromancy, burning away parts of your soul to power magic that uses the inner life flame of every living being.
>Sorcery, using the ambient magic of the world to physically move and manipulate things
>Thaumaturgy, making deals with the devil to do some Faust and Lovecraft shit, which is also related to
>Divine magic, magic directly granted by the sun or the moon.

Ballad Magic has
>Void Magic, spooky supernatural Dishonored magic
>The Way of Five, doing drugs to give you Equilibrium Powers
And possibly more, those are the only two defined so far.

I've found experience to be a bit fast in my games.The recommended rates are a bit fast for my taste, so I generally only hand out one or two arc a session, or big chunks of arc every few sessions.

>Void Magic, spooky supernatural Dishonored magic
>The Way of Five, doing drugs to give you Equilibrium Powers

Go on...

Particularly interested in any magic that interacts with guns.

DRINK THE TAR

>The Way of Five
Up is Down.
Drink the Tar.

Forward is Back.
Drink the Tar.

Love is Hate.
Drink the Tar.

War is Peace.
Drink the Tar.

Good is Evil.
Drink the Tar

Also Clerics exist, which are state sanctioned babel (ab)users, but we don't have rules for them?

Is it confirmed whether or not this is the sane as that weird tar/oil from SoS? Stygian Oil or something?

Jimmy confirmed they were the same substance when he was talking about Autarch Richtofen at one point, though he refused to explain why there was a difference in behavior between the settings.

But the Autarch knows whatever the babel/stygian oil 'knows,' and that's why he believes Zells about lobsters. He has seen them, on the other side.

>Drink the tar
Also, you can make bombs with it that literally rip people's souls out!

So can we do character creation / combat sometime? That was some fun shit.

YES
LET'S DO THIS
RUN IT JIMMY
I MISS YOU

What are some alternatives to the PCP system for character creation that you guys may have used?

Preset stat lines and such.

Babel Grenades are even more evil than they appear in the book. They don't actually "kill" the victim, they just put him in a permanent catatonic state. Erase the consciousness. It's impossible to tell if they'll recover or not.

Mentioned in the lore are hospitals with tens of thousands of men who got babel'd and are simply catatonic. Imagine advancing to a forward trench after shelling and finding hundreds of men just standing there, or sitting down, staring at nothing. They're still alive, they just aren't people anymore.

Chiron has a lot to answer for. Fucking Space Nazis.

Can you smell what THE ROCK is cooking?

Fetch?

You could probably do some kinda random generation, but the results would be pretty dumb.

2d4 for each stat?

FECHT
FECHT
FECHT
FECHT

Can't wait for the core, also hope they get back to ballads once all the stuff with sos is finished.

One of us made a character creation thing a while back. Could probably use it

Unless the characters excel in roleplay that's what I end up doing. Feels more rewarding that way.

/qst/--->
/qst/--->
/qst/--->
/qst/--->

>>>/kill/
>>>/you/
>>>/are/
>>>/self/

Also learn to crossboard you retard. If you're gonna do something do it correctly

I just hope they stat Myrmidon Armor so I can have medieval mech fights between Burdinadin

What campaigns are any of you wanting to start once the beasts and magic finally get released? My sos campaigns have been no magic up to this point but I like the strange magic some of the systems similar to so had and the stuff Jimmy is working on looks fucking great flavor wise so I am in the mood for a low magic campaign but at the same time really want to test high fantasy magic sos too.

Really hope so, but did Jimmy not say it's not happening? It would make running the 1920 mecha campaign I want to run a lot easier to brew for.

Yeah, but who knows, we might get something once Ballad has its own thing a couple years down the line or whenever.

Is SoS still on tract to release sometime this February? I'm pretty sure that was the goal they had for the Kickstarter but that was like a year ago and I haven't really checked on it since then.

Think I am going to try and extrapolate something from the monster combat till then hopefully.

Pdfs of the book as soon as they are done, physical goodies in late april

Yeah, pretty sure you could use something like the "monster components", have different tiers of armor, attach weapons to it and then give it a price tag and at most fluff mechanical damage wounds if you really feel like it

Kickstarters are never on time, but things arent abandoned.

True but it seems they are going to at least get the core rules done close to the original date.

Fuck you

Fecht soon!?

after Jimmy wakes up

So never ever.

WHO WOULD WIN
A dedicated online community devoted to a game product
Or a drunken leopard seal?

Elves

Do we get armor?

"LOL, come and play in my Splart! You all vote on a character's actions, weroll some dice to determine how it works out, and I narrate the story for you!"

"What do you mean thats just a quest? No, i told you, I call it a Splart! That means its allowed on this board!"

What if it is system playtesting?

Would the /pol/ posters constantly shitting up Veeky Forums be in the right if their shitposts contributed to 'campaign research'? No, of couse not, they would be exactly the same huge cunts they are now. It doesnt matter what thier motive for bringing non-Veeky Forums shit into Veeky Forums is.

You have a whole board for getting together and tickling each others sacs and I assure you that it will work just fine even if you are planning to gather all the sac tickling data for your job. You don't need to do it here, and are not welcome to do so.

>and you are not welcome to do so

>random user pretending he's the teeg police
I bet you shit up SS13 threads too, you presumptuous faggot.

>AGGHHH The fun! It BUURRNNNSSS!!!

Can you show me the math to how you asspulled that an RPG system in an RPG board is just as bad as a stinky crossboarder? I guess "stat me" threads are also quests no matter how shit they are, because hey the Owlbear stat has dice in it.

Its not 'as bad' as being a stinky cross boarder, it literally is crossboard posting. There is a board for and only for playing quests and yet you still want to run quests here on Veeky Forums with a threadbare excuse and a pretentious name.

Veeky Forums fought for years to get rid of you people. Take the fucking hint.

>Veeky Forums fought
You mean shitposters fought. And after that shitposters were hungry for more.

You won't be satisfied until all generals are dead and the only threads left are "his setting doesn't have adventurers guilds" and "what if succubi X" threads

Take my cock and suck it, kindly.

Aw shit officer, I'll stop and get back to posting random super power wikia pages or asking shitty crossover questions with no actual purpose

>huu huu huuing about /pol/
We're just refugees faggot, here to make a new life on your board. You're obligated to welcome us, and if we shitpost, it's because you protested it.

>this honky spic kike is actually arguing against FECHTS
I have never seen ANYONE in years of lurking this board bitch about fechts. Hell, even Nazimod didn't say shit.