Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

Adult diaper edition

>Dorn
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/31/forge-world-preview-rogal-dorn-revealed/

>Warhammer Community Latest
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/26/new-codexes-factions-our-heroes-and-more-breaking-news-from-the-las-vegas-opengw-homepage-post-1/

>Some bullshit:
youtu.be/9vgq75xNBOw

>FAQs, Errata, and Designer Commentary
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Rules
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-mutalith-vortex-beast-en.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallia
youtu.be/qyGDo1ARpjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tau empire

Dorn is stoic as ever

>See Mutalith coming for 40k
> Nice I have a chance to mutate my enemy in to spawns!
>nope.jpg
>have some Tzeench only BS
GW dont want my money I see.

Are you saying the Imperial palace has dedicated shitting hallways?

Post gaems

>Imperial palace
Is in Himalayas, so rly close to meme streets.

God fucking damn it. I stop playing a couple of months, FAQ and errata up the ass!
Fine I'll look at the digital copies and see the changes.
>same thing as day one

What is the point of buying books now?

What's stopping you from taking the thing in an allied detachment?
Take a spearhead detachment with 1 Daemon Prince, 10 cultists and 3 Mutaliths, no Tousand Sons required.

I bet Orks can't turn characters into squigs either?

Fuck yeah, I remember them saying Dolph Lundgren was going to be one of the inspirations for Dorn and I think I see the resemblance.

>see that it's coming for Thousand Sons
>surprised that it's going to work with Tzeentch units, especially in a Tzeentch aligned CSM codex
It would have been neat for it to be capable of turning people into spawn but outside of that what did you expect?

>my soy when I see this Dorn model

Don't remember the Himalayas being so up north.

>tau empire
>adult diaper edition

sounds about right

The problem isnt detachment cuz I mostly play open/narrative but shit rules
This is AOS table
On 6 you have chance to make bunch of SPAWNS(my fetish from LaD times), but 40k version lacks this for some Tzeench specyfic ones.

They have no dex so there is chance.

benis

You can rotate this you know?
I didnt noticed it was for TS only, I was sure it was for chaos in general, and I was expecting same efects.

>This is AOS table
Forgot link
games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-mutalith-vortex-beast-en.pdf

So official art depicting Terra is tilted some 45 degrees because of reasons?

You definitely ought to pay a little more attention then, user. Otherwise you might get your hopes up and become more disappointed.
I really wish that more things this edition had more fun, interesting rules too. But at this point there's no real surprise when there are only simple rules.

I cannot find it in the rules.

Is it specified anywhere that you have to put at least 50% of your units on the table before the battle starts (im wondering how many units i could deepstrike/infiltrate)?

>being this retarded

>shield drone antennas in a V shape instead of parallel
Interesting.

Ok, fine, what did I get wrong?

Hi guys, I'm looking for some inspiration for names for my knight house. I'm keen on keeping them relatively barbarous so Romance names are out but because their fluff has them buddied up with [fallen] Dark Angels I want to steer clear of anything too Yiffy which pretty much puts the kibosh on Danish or Anglo-Saxon names. The problem is that being from Britain most of the history I'm familiar with is either Anglo-Saxon, Danish or French.

Basically what I'm asking is does anyone have good sources for Irish, Scottish or Eastern European folklore or migration era history that I could draw inspiration from?

no the astronmicon is in the himalayas. the Palace is europe, with the golden throne over GW HQs current location.

>Tau
>Interesting

Interesting...

Space

Good king Wenceslas... Classic Moravian nobility

well, this IS the diaper thread

Oh shit the earth is upside down, better ask NASA to turn it around before all the Swedes fall off and the Australians no longer constrained by their ground harnesses overrun the world.

Well, I mean, not to disrespect but shifting North and south doesn't make something more North/South, it's still rather around the equator.

yes Bohemians! Good shout user
Anywhere I can find good sources for stories beyond Wenceslas in that neck of the woods?

Do you see a north pole in this image?

The point is there's no such things as "up", "down", "north" or "south" in space.
A picture of a planet could be from literally any angle and it'd be the right way.

pretty sure thats one of the matched play specific rules

Google bohemian/Moravian folk tales/mythology... I'm sure it'll turn up something worth playing with.

Truly one of the great minds of our time

Huh Dorn looks like a Shield Captain but with a MKIII backpack and a Chainsword.

Also no seriously why does the imperial fists Primarch lack a power fist? Poor brand identity Rogal.

I reckon I’ve perfected my 2k list. Can you people spot any glaring flaws?

Imperial Guard 1999/2000 (9CP)

++ Battalion Detachment (Vostroyan) ++

Commissar Yarrick (130)

Company commander (30)
- Warlord trait: Grand strategist
- Relic: Laurels of command

X2 Infantry squad (48)
- Plasma gun
- Sarge w/ Boltgun

Infantry squad (47)
- Plasma gun

Tech priest Enginseer (42)

Heavy weapons squad (42)
- X3 Heavy Bolters

Heavy weapons squad (33)
- X3 Mortars

Heavy weapons squad (78)
- X3 Lascannon

++ Battalion Detachment (Vostroyan) ++

Company commander (30)
- Relic: Kurov’s Aquila

Tank commander (213)
- Punisher Gatling cannon
- X3 Heavy Bolter
- Storm Bolter

X2 Infantry squad (48)
- Plasma gun
- Sarge w/ Boltgun

Infantry squad (47)
- Plasma gun

Leman Russ Demolisher (210)
- X2 Multi-Melta

Leman Russ Demolisher (210)
- X2 Multi-Melta

Leman Russ Punisher (166)
- X3 Heavy Bolter
- Storm Bolter

++ Super Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Vostroyan) ++

Baneblade (527)
- Pair of Lascannon/HB sponsons

Because his theme is using the basics, i.e. a bolter and a chainsword.

>I didnt noticed it was for TS only
A bit worrying seeing as it was announced in an article that was previewing the new Thousand Sons codex.

Visigoth names ?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallia

But he's always had a chainsword

Yes, but when you present known planets you usually present them more or less with the equator vertical. It doesn't matter if the north pole is up or down, the Himalayas are relatively close to the equator. So for the Imperial palace to be at the Humalayas in , the image presented in the (5e?) rulebook would have to be very tilted tilted.

Trips of maximum misinformation

Yes it's almost as if there is a heavy tilt to the earth in relation to the sun.

Image that is tilted may well be tilted, more retard news at 11

Enjoy Chaos overtaking your suit with that co-opted Chaos Smoke-launcher you're using as light housing.

okey am having a looksee
out of curiosity does slas/slaus have a particular meaning? It seems to be a common suffix Wenceslas, Radislas, Boleslaus

user please never have children.

Still poor brand identity.

It is for Deepstrike and Infiltration but doesnt say anything about special rules like Stygies Clandestine Infiltration which happens just before the 1st battle turn starts.

>he says, while presenting an image where Earth is not tilted

Page 215 of the rule book, under matched play mission rules, tactical reserves: "...When setting up your army during Deployment for a match play game, at least half the total number of units in your army must be set up on the battlefield."

How fucking stupid are you? It literally says the earth is tilted 23.4 degrees on the image

Just because it's not to your taste doesn't meant it's wrong.

Honey please stop posting, this is embarrassing

Which of the Cerastus Knights do best in 8th edition? I love the Acheron, but the other three also look good.

Alright /40kg/, which form of LGS-Goblin is worse?
The hamplanet fat man who smells of sweat and ammonia, glistening in the sun with his greasy being

Or

The lanklet menace, the esoteric ectomorph who posesses the same aroma as his opponent the blubbermonster and his hair is as greasy as a deep fried butter stick

Both living embodiments of Nurgle's blight in their own way, both THAT guy to the extreme, both wearing shitty shirts that are see-through with the sheer amount of sweat and grease that inhabits these beings

such a bad conversion. nice paintjob tho.

Not sure you actually know what I mean by brand identity dude.

Acheron murders Custards with its Flamer.
I like it because it fits in with the theme of my army.

Obviously both are shit, but at least the scrawny one is more easily avoided/stepped around and doesn't block lanes with his massive blubber footprint.

Yeah ive found it but

It goes to that fat guy, more likely to accidentally knock over something and smash someones minis

Has it been said which of the next three codecis will be released first?

No

Before the first battle round is the deployment phase so they are "deployed" with the rest of your army in a non standard way I'd say so they count towards being part of your half deployed.

A leaker who's been pretty much totally accurate so far said Drukhari are first iirc

I think it's Tau second, crons last

Actually it goes like that:
>At the beginning of the first battle round but before the first turn begins, the unit is revealed

So its after the deployment

I think we have enough context to guess Drow will be last.

Back in the day it was supposed to be in nee zeland.
Also I was never a fan of the “dried up earth thingy” simply because it wouldnt be able to sustain any kind of life. AND the radiation and forces needed to do that would render the planet inhospitable to any kind of life.

That's where you're wrong, bud

Ah okay, that makes sense, I didn't have the words in front of me, so I guess it doesn't count towards your half deployed then

>Back in the day it was supposed to be in nee zeland.

[citation needed]

>dried up

It's a Hive World. The water is stored in underground reservoirs. Why would you want it exposed to all the pollution in the air?

Heard about it from friend, I got excited, than I saw WH comunity page.
Make sense now?

Whatever Mr. I-can't-understand-a-picture-of-the-earth-is-tilted.

youtu.be/qyGDo1ARpjI
Just found this on YouTube.

Kinda cheesy and wonky animations but hey, 40k animation I guess.

This game seems kind of boring. All the "strategy" entails is keeping your buffing characters within range of your buffed units, and setting up an alpha strike on their important dudes while screening against theirs.

That is an impressive white I will admit.

>Tau and Crons were announced last year
>Drow were announced last week

Pay attention maybe?

Yeah that's pretty much it.

bit rough around the edges but its charming, thumbs up from me

fuck, that seems way more fun than the bullshit we got.

Maybe I should check out Age of Shitmar, it seems less bland.

>I missed the Dorn release and apparently some sort of adult diaper shitposting
You guys sound like you had a fun time while i was gone ;_;

I think it depends on the list. The other day I came upon Dark Angels Hellblasters-in-imperial-bastion spam and wow, that was not fun

I was interested in buying him until this. The armor and pose is awesome, but that head is SO bad. What were they thinking?

>Also I was never a fan of the “dried up earth thingy” simply because it wouldnt be able to sustain any kind of life.
It's 40k user. It was never supposed to be a serious setting.
It's a game where you're supposed to play while laughing at how silly things are.

>Tau and Crons were announced last year
>last year

A headswap is the easiest conversion out there.

>power wooden staff
>gun-fu
I want old SoB backs. NuLore is rather boring by comparison

It's because they removed templates. There's no real reason not to just bunch the fuck up now for the best buffs.

Which head do you suggest as an alternative? I guess Guilliman's could work.

You do know you can change his head right?

Needs less Gold and more yellow.
Is he coming back?

Is the user with the Thousand Sons codex back yet?

Or I could just not buy it instead of having to put up with greenstuff and shitty conversions.