I'm a Knight, sworn to Sigmar, raised by my adopted father a Sigmarite Priest

>I'm a Knight, sworn to Sigmar, raised by my adopted father a Sigmarite Priest
>I just learned that my mother was raped by a northern barbarian and I am his bastard
>this statue of Sigmar isn't talking
>welp guess I better become the most evil and edgy man in the world and worship the same gods who my own rape father probably worshiped anyway

Of all the reasons to turn to chaos, this was Archeons?

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Archaon
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Archeon is not a clever man.

>Of all the reasons to turn to chaos, this was Archeons?

He had some kind of bullshit rationale about destroying the world being a mercy; that if Chaos was destined to eventual victory, rather than putting generations of people through years of misery and war before the end, it might as well be over with as quickly as possible. Which is absurd, but Archaon's always been a fuckin' retard.

That’s the deep rooted secrets of the church, that he’s a rape baby?

I thought he discovered Sigmar is just some dead king and not a god.

I was hoping it would be that the Chaos gods told him that Warhammer was a fictional setting and that pretty much if he chose to he'd be the villain and always succeed because he was "written to"

But that's not what happened. He learned he was prophesied to become the Ever-chosen, and his own Church was trying to kill him to prevent that. There's a book about it, y'know.

How did they try to kill him. Why didn't they kill him at birth if they knew?

After they discovered the prophesy in an ancient tome, they sent knights to strike him down. They can't act on information they don't know.

End Times plot is pretty ludicrous, poorly conceived and basically just bad writing. What's your point user?

Those are actually better reasons than the ones they came up with.

Isn't that what it is? I remember them publishing a book about his story and it was "YOU ARE FATED TO BE EVIL"

The plot OP posted is badass. It's a super human story about someone's world becoming shattered and going mad from it.

like some people said, events that led him to renounce his faith in Sigmar basically shattered his worldview and faith in gods. Imagine if you yourself believed deeply and even fanatically maybe in Jesus/Buddha/Allah/whatever, and in your darkest moment of life, when you are truly lost in darkness of inner doubts, you came to realization that your god does not care at all. you gave everything you had, everything you were to him up to that point, and he gives you apathetic silence in return. that kind experience has broken people not only in fiction, but in real life as well. lot of people don't like Guilliman, but he had similar experience when he met Emperor, but decides that humanity's survival is more important to just become broken by it

I the books he thought sigmar was not real/didn't keep the faith, shits a break/stutters like a bitch in the last end times book when Sigmar does show up and gives him a stern talking to/ass-whupping.

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Archaon

The wiki leaves you with the impression the reason he turned was soley on account of finding out about his past, rather than about a prophecy about himself.

How can anyone not think Sigmar is real when actual priests of Sigmar summon fucking magic from prayers all the time.

They don't even have a theory of psykers or anything in warhammer fantasy and they can't all just be wizards or something.

They kinda fucked the lore, back when archaon first popped up, the lore heavily hinted that essentially all the Gods where just aspects of the four.

Archaon goes mad from the revelation and decides to burn it all down.

They retconned it and badly grafted the old/new fluff together, also Tuomas Pirinen(archaons creator) wanted Archaon to kill himself once his task was done...but gw saw dollar signs and resurrected the setting as AoS.

The books were semi decent but with belakor literally retconning numerous chapters where archaon dies (his father gets one shotted by the soon to be cucked imperial before banging his mum/his mum has a miscarriage on purpose/he is eaten by night goblins/hangs himself) he kinda gives in a rolls with it.

>Imagine if you yourself believed deeply and even fanatically maybe in Jesus/Buddha/Allah/whatever, and in your darkest moment of life, when you are truly lost in darkness of inner doubts, you came to realization that your god does not care at all.
TTS did this with Uriah. was quite hilarious

Because it's based on his books that came out in the late 2000s. There's a group of Warrior-Priests that are hunting him because they saw a prophecy regarding him being the next Everchosen. Fate basically forced him into it because he had no choice.

>There's a group of Warrior-Priests that are hunting him because they saw a prophecy regarding him being the next Everchosen. Fate basically forced him into it because he had no choice.
Is that based on the books or on old lore

Archaon is one of my most-hated fictional characters

"Oh, I'm fated to be evil? Well I'd better get cracking."

But be honest, if you were to be approached by gods who gave you irrefutable proof that you were going to be super hitler and fucking legendary at it, what would you do?

Tell them to fuck off.

Archaon doesn't struggle or anything, he does a 180 in beliefs in about half a second for no particular reason. It's so shallow and shitty.

Kill myself, can't be Hitler if I'm dead, alternatively, be undead super Hitler

Read the fucking post

tell them to fuck off, and resume looking for my chariot.

How could they provide irrefutable proof?

If they can show a factual vision, why can't they show a false one?

Get in the Chaos Armour, Archaonji.

You can't because Be'lakor would reset time each time you go another path. Archaon actually killed himself trying to avoid his destiny. Be'lakor just reset the timeline and brought him back to life.

>The templar rocked slightly on his armoured knees. It was just him and the God-King, in the holiest place in all the Empire.

>‘You have forsaken me,’ Kastner hissed to himself, his dry lips pronouncing each word slowly within the confines of the hood. The templar looked up at the statue’s proud features. The statue gleamed its goldenness and from the low angle, Sigmar looked like a haughty and disdainful god. ‘I have lived a devout existence. Bettered myself with study, for your good grace. Trained to my limits and served you through the sword. I have honoured you. I have loved you. I have given you everything I have. Yet you have left me lost on a path to I know not where.’

>The templar was bathed in shafts of coloured light from the stained-glass window and felt his harsh whispers rise on the heat of the morning sun.

>‘I am no longer an instrument of your design,’ Kastner said. ‘A yardstick to measure the purity of others, a weapon for you to wield in punishment and a shield to protect your Empire from foes near and far. I am changing. I am changed. I know it. Circumstance has turned me from my purpose, in service of others unknown. Like the warped arrow, I fly untrue, yet hit the mark. I will not be a nothing in your eyes. A dog to be put down in the street. I am not an error. An aberration. I am not history to be re-written. I am not a mistake to be corrected. Speak to me, my lord. My Emperor-of-all. My God-King. Show my heart the way. Lead me back to your light and love. I did all in service of you. Like the arrow shaft, I can be softened and straightened. Like the imperfect blade, I can be re-forged. I beg of you, my lord. Find use for me again.

>Kastner rose to his feet. He felt sick to his stomach. His knees felt weak.

>‘Don’t leave me,’ Kastner pleaded with his lord, ‘the plaything of fate. Show me a sign – in this place of all places. Anything, curse you.’ But nothing came. Kastner’s lifetime of devotion and service was rewarded with the kind of monumental silence only a towering statue could deliver.

>‘You speak not,’ Kastner mouthed within the darkness of his helmet, ‘but I hear everything. Silence will be met with silence, God-King. Nothing so singularly personifies the prayer unanswered as a god powerless to save his people. So be it. You will watch your worshippers suffer and die – as I drag down your Empire into the embers of Armageddon. You will hear me then, God-King. You will hear me in the pleading prayers of your people, held under my blade. You will hear me in the ravenous fires – that will eat all you have lived to build. You will hear me in the deafening silence of the End Times, where I will leave your petty Empire no world left to conquer. Though half-blind, I see you for the fraud you have always been. The appealing ramblings of a mad friar. I renounce your false majesty – and will forge a path of my own making. I will champion my undoing and accept allegiance of those that already answer the hatred in my heart. I do this out of hatred for you, my lord. Out of hatred for all the fickle Powers of this world, who play at destiny with men’s souls. With darkness lies a new beginning, as with me lies the end of man and all godkind.’

Archaon did nothing wrong.

So, what is the point of deciding? My choices would be reset until Bel' managed to wrestler me into submission.

Decide to become the Everchosen. Once there, ensure that Chaos and its forces are kept as disorganized, ineffectual and self-defeating as possible. He's fated to be the Everchosen. He's not fated to be good at it.

Sacrifice your legacy to preserve what you love.

He did decide. After Sigmar couldn't/didn't help him, he decided that he will work to screw over Sigmar for abandoning him and the Chaos Gods for damning him.

Eventually he defeated Be'lakor and regained control over his destiny and went on with his plan to end the world.

Well, trying to make Belakor ragequit is thing, but I guess this works aswell.
>Eventually he defeated Be'lakor and regained control over his destiny and went on with his plan to end the world.
Sounds like BS, he still destroy the world like the chaos gods wanted.

>Sounds like BS, he still destroy the world like the chaos gods wanted.

He thought like many that the Chaos Gods depended on the world and its races to exist. Turned out Chaos is much larger than that, and this means he must think big.

Clearly the correct option is to replicate the ending of Dr Strange. Keep doing it until Be'Lakor realises he's late to go job to some marines on a battle barge.

>Decide to become the Everchosen. Once there, ensure that Chaos and its forces are kept as disorganized, ineffectual and self-defeating as possible. He's fated to be the Everchosen. He's not fated to be good at it.

I like this idea. Become Ever chosen but be a Saturday morning cartoon villain about it. Anyone complains, kill them. It keeps all the gods happy in a way. Tzeentch will admire the schemes, Khorne doesn't care as long as he gets murder, Nurgle will like the absurd futility of it, and Slaanesh never wanted to destroy the world anyway.

Truly Abbaddon is the unsung hero of our time.

>The wiki mentions nothing about any warrior priests hunting him down

>>Because it's based on his books that came out in the late 2000s

>>There's a group of Warrior-Priests that are hunting him because they saw a prophecy

So let me get this straight in the old lore it was about him being hunted down while the new books are about him just finding out about his past?

>Mfw

Oh shhhhhh-

Is there more context to this? Why did he question his faith and doubt himself so much that he demanded a god speak to him?

What did he mean by "I am changing. I am changed. I know it." was he experiencing the touch of chaos.

Or was he literally just so presumptuous/narcisitic he thought if Sigmar didn't talk to him he wasn't real or deserving of faith.
>God does not speak to me
>Therefore, I should do evil

the latter, the books are badly written in that in the end up he experiences what most regular people experience but still chug along.

>was he experiencing the touch of chaos.

Yeah. At the point of time, he had a warpstone shard lodged inside his eye.

Do regular people have shards of solidified evil lodged in their eye sockets, been brought back to life several times (against his will), read a prophecy that word of word describes the event of his life, have their home and family burned, hunted down by their own comrades, etc

Going to the main church of Sigmar in the capital was the final recourse after he tried everything in his power.

This shit needs to actually be on the damn wiki.

Which books should I read? Is it like the HH books where its a series of novels in relative chronoligical order?

>Which books should I read?
None of them it's all garbage

One of these things is not like the other.

Reminder that the man who raped Archaon's mom was possessed by Be'lakor

Literally Final Fantasy -tier villain motivation.

And thats for the best.

And what he should do is say "Right, chaos fuckbois, now you've really pissed me off, and I'm going to wipe you from existence to ensure nobody else goes through this."