Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Disciple's Doctrine Leak Edition (leak starts at ) :
What are you most looking forward to using from this new player's companion?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/PUMYw1zC
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/vK9njh31

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/vigilante/archetypes/vigilante-archetypes-paizo-inc/splintersoul-vigilante-archetype/
paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1hj
paizo.com/threads/rzs2uuob?Changes-to-the-Shifter
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Either that godclaw warpriest or the ninja archetype.

Who's most likely to get into SCoT?

i hope y ou don't

Trick question I'm actually the gm

Ooh! Me then! I'm most likely to get in!

Whoever memes themself the hardest.

The vigilante social talents are what I'm most likely to end up actually using, but the oracle archetype has some funny shit it can get up to.

By that logic Bylo Ken and Tommy Wiseau should win

They should.

STANKY PUSSY

>TFW SCoT's best meme is one that doesn't even get apped

because its silly

SCoT has some solid memes still, like card games, and octopusgirls pretending to be driders

Any ways to spice up/invest players more in iron gods book 1 and 2?

It just seems so flimsy of a reason for a party if not for something to get them into the caves or to scrap wall.

Campaign traits. Enough said.

Does the Totemic Channeler actually have any good Totem combos to use? I mean I suppose it just means you can give everyone Pounce AND crazy ghost buddies, but nothing comes to mind that has any synergy.

>Being a ninja
>Ever

Ninjas are fun!

I disagree. You need to stop liking things I don't like immediately.

Yeah, well, I don't want to like what you like because you are clearly a frequenter of a site that this site dislikes making you the caricature version of what this site assumes the frequenters are like on that other site.

>like one build
>it's fiddly and requires some GM okays to get off the ground
I should probably stick to the simplest builds.

Reminder that it doesn't matter what class you play because most of the plot happens with conversation

Nah man, play what's interesting to you. A good GM will work with you to get a concept you're really into off the ground even if it means bending a rule or two.

>You can cast Litany of Dependability both on yourself or an ally to forcefully take 10 instead of getting fucked over by the dice
>You can cast Litany of Duty on yourself to become immune to any and all litanies other casters might throw at you
Neat
>At 15th level, an oracle can get a nat20 at-will three times per day
What in the bloody FUCK
Unflappable Mien is a discount version of Freedom of Movement for casters afraid of being grappled
Godstars look like some very nice sets of buffs, even if they're consumables, but they're pretty cheap and the MWK warhammer you're left with already covers a third of the price
>Malleable monument can be used as a channel energy grenade
I could see some use for this

I don't think there's any particular synergy to be had, you just can stack more of the good totem effects. Other than spirit and beast for ghost buddies and pounce, I think lesser celestial is actually pretty good.

>What in the bloody FUCK
You are thinking small time. Remember, it works with ANY dice, such as D%/100 which normally nothing affects.

>Litany of Admonition
Did this really need to be a spell? A third level one, at that?

>such as D%/100 which normally nothing affects.
Reincarnation.

>You can guarantee rolling a 100 for Strange Fluids
Now that's just silly.

And how do you intend on using an immediate action while dead?

Besides, taking the 50 just gives you half-elf, and 100 is GM's choice, and the GM is going to saddle you with some bullshit for trying to pull it off. Much better to abuse Strange Fluids and the exceptional side effects. Or Droskar's Guiding Ring for 50% crafting cost reduction.

The non human/pass-for-human-or-elf apps.

Why's that?

As the ninja was essentially an extended rogue archetype, should the ninja automatically get an unchained update with all the rogue mojo that the "class" does not explicitly trade?

The GM's got a kobold icon and the only game we know about them being in is Dragons 2.

No. The entire point of the UC rogue was to return the return some fraction of a niche for rogues to enjoy without basically being a worse ninja in all ways.

Are we sure it's not a bamboozle like Skyfall?

what's a good craft/skill for a politician character?

Perform (oratory)

Profession: Lobbyist with a fuckload of Diplomacy and Bluff boosting traits, abilities, spells, etc. If your GM allows Craft: Propaganda Posters could work too.

>Can't make a LG/CE Vigilante
>Even when roleplaying a Super Ego/Id type of vigilante
Where were you when Alignment was fucking retarded?

He's got actual hours, unlike Skyfail, and an actual hook that isn't literally just "look guys, a lewd game!".
The worst that can happen is he's biased in favor of a furry parade.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/vigilante/archetypes/vigilante-archetypes-paizo-inc/splintersoul-vigilante-archetype/

It has none of the indicators of being a bamboozle. Just all of the indicators that it's going to be an absolute shit game.

It doesn't say you can choose to be anything beyond the standard 1 step difference

Serial Killer vigilante

Hey, I knew when making it it wasn't gonna be to everyone's taste. If you think it's gonna be shit, it's not like you've gotta apply, and heck, I'd rather you didn't.

Anyway, anybody got any questions about SCoT? I'm around for a bit.

Are there any characters that are absolutely not getting in?

What are some other good d100 to influence? Augury comes to mind, as well as the teleport variations if you want an easy trip to the astral plane

>Hey, I knew when making it it wasn't gonna be to everyone's taste. If you think it's gonna be shit, it's not like you've gotta apply, and heck, I'd rather you didn't.
I don't intend to, but I'd rather you and your applicants stick to discussing the game in your roll20 instead of shitting up the thread in a lame attempt at getting 15 minutes of fame.

Is that Centauress's Large size going to be allowed? That seems really overpowered

Oh yes. Quite a few, in fact.

Was that actually you encouraging the cheerleader spiritualist the other day?

Centaurs wield medium weapons.

It's not like I'm the one making most of the posts about the game, but that's a fair preference to have. Can't exactly mind control everyone to not post about it though, so only limited success might be had even if I went totally mute.

Even if I have some preferences at this point in time, I'm not one to bash my own applicants, though I can say I'm not sure Bylo or Johnny are quite what I'm looking for.

Well by nature of the game itself yeah, but you're not me, shush.

I don't think it's quite THAT overpowered. Large creatures have targetable vulnerabilities too, and her arms and head and all are still human sized. Besides, if Crystal ends up part of the party, I'll be having encounters with her in mind like every other party member.

Yes, actually! I have a soft spot for the class in general, and while that's definitely an idea that could fit high school OR university, I think it's a pretty fun character concept.

>Can't exactly mind control everyone to not post about it though, so only limited success might be had even if I went totally mute.
But you can stop contributing to the problem by making posts like
>Anyway, anybody got any questions about SCoT? I'm around for a bit.

Fuck off, attention whore.

And people wonder why nobody bothers to make decent games anymore.

>so only limited success might be had even if I went totally mute.
That's probably the best course of action in any case. Posting like this, with literally no method for identifying yourself is a far greater liability than assist to your game. It just invites trolls to pretend to be you in order to mislead your players. Hell, you yourself might even be a troll lying about being jade.

I've been thinking about opening a third campaign, though ultimately I'd want to prepare a lot for it to reduce the stress it'd have while running it.

The other two games I'm running in these parts are well received, so maybe don't lose hope yet.

Best feats for a bard?

lingering performance

Besides that and Discordant Voice. I'm planning on being a support-oriented spellcasting bard if that means anything.

Lingering Performance is your bread and butter

Lingering Performance

Linger the Performance

It's a total mystery, honestly.

>Book-Bound
What? Am I missing something here? The Magus can't cast a spell with a book in their offhand if they're holding a weapon in their main hand unless it's got no somatic component, and even then they can't Spell Combat with it. Do they expect you to use this arcana while you've got your weapon sheathed? That'd be really dumb considering the picture right next to it and, you know, the fact that as a Magus you kind of need your weapon.

How does this Unflappable Mien spell work? There's no save listed in the spell's description but the text mentions a save to halve the damage. Does a successful save also negate the 5ft movement? In either case, is the movement suppose to occur before the attack gets to finish resolving, possibly interrupting it if it pushes them out of melee range, or after the attack? This spell seems really good if it's the first.

That Numerology Cylinder seems awesome. A DC 25 Knowledge Arcana check is pretty easy by the time you can throw down 5K, so is a +2 bonus on caster level checks that's going to be on most of the time worth it? I think so. Spectacles of Comprehension seem like a no brainer for any campaign that deals with devils or other contractors too. As cheap as they are I might pick them up in other campaigns too, eye slot never has had a lot of competition.

I'm almost curious how it'd work with a Living Grimoire VMC Magus, their spellbook IS their weapon.

Them being separate classes to begin with is a mistake tbqh my man

What would you think of the following char gen rules for a game based on the idea of a campaign split between two dimensions, one of which is basically hell? Please take for granted that the dimensional split setup appeals to you in the first place.

* Third Level, full HP at 1st, average after
* 25 Point Buy, Gestalt, PoW banned, Avowed banned, otherwise probably allowed
* 2 Traits, 3 with Disadvantage
* Max WBL
* Background Skills are in effect
* Elephant in the Room Feat Taxes
* Unchained Classes
* Combat Stamina is allowed, free for fighters
* Fractional BAB/Saves for multiclassing
* Variant Multiclassing allowed

The above s for your "hero" character. Your "real" character will be a Human Commoner 1 with 20 PB, commonplace guns and modern firearms.

Does Intense or Mazimixe apply on the sneak damage on spells?

>paizo updates shifter
>changes are in line with legendary shifter

That's what I'm making. Thread went to page 4 before people got to see it but you can be . Granted I made a darklantern so you have to be elf or half-elf to do it.

>separate "hero" and "real" characters
Yeah no fuck that, that shit is way too much of a hassle to bother with.

What is the commoner for? Is he going to be perpetually in rusty dagger shanktown?

Card games?

>it's a hassle to track a commoner statblock
Are you for real?

For being in the shitty dimension, and no not quite

Nikare

Is that official Paizo art? How they can they claim to be progressive and then release something like that? I don't even mind cheesecake that much, but if you're going to have it could you bother to at least make the women look like human beings? Seems legs are especially hard to draw one handed. There's some weird ass angles and proportions going on with her hips and waist, too

you got any of those link thingies?

Sounds dumb.

>paizo updates shifter
[citation needed]

>Are you for real?
Are you? Since the "hero" mode is gestalt, you're basically asking for 3 characters, plus lel commoners aren't fucking fun because 3.PF isn't designed for that shit.

paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1hj

...Starting to have thoughts of applying as a well looking and well spoken nobleman (but ultimately more of a modest person, not someone who will actively look for attention but passively react with courtesy and charm) whose vigilante identity is a pompous, grandiloquent flirt.

Doesn't sound like the kind of thing I'd app to, but good luck with your game.

Thanks, user.

>Is that official Paizo art?
No.

paizo.com/threads/rzs2uuob?Changes-to-the-Shifter

Thanks, user.

>Purely by the numbers, the class performs as expected, hitting and dealing damage along the expected lines that we laid out.

>now fix the kineticist

>d20 HD, full BAB, two more skill ranks/level, and you get a five dollar bill in the mail from Paizo for playing one

Is there a way on d20pfsrd to sort newest material that was uploaded?

You know I was reminiscing on when I used to play 3.5 last night and so I went to go see if I could find some of the sites I used to build characters and man, there is NOTHING left for those systems.

3.5 is a broken shell of a system and for all their faults I thank Paizo that they let pfsrd and Archives of Nethys exist unfettered.

you can still find some archives of D&Dtools but i really think that when Hasbro killed it off it ws the absolute end of what remained of the 3.5 communtiy

No.

Thanks for the new house rules user! Might add prof.Katana in case they wanna mix it up!

I actually houserule everyone with class levels to have proficiency with katanas already, it's a separate house rule so I forgot to mention it.

>for all their faults I thank Paizo that they let pfsrd and Archives of Nethys exist unfettered.
It's not like there's anything Paizo can do about them anyways. The 3.5 stuff died because those maintaining it stopped doing so, not because WotC ordered a cease and desist or some shit. Everyone just moved on to a different game or stayed with the "same" game in PF.

You da best.

Why not steal from Jolly again to do that?