Chaos Gods Vs

How would the Chaos Gods interact with the following?

The River Styx
Lovecraft outer gods
Tom Bombadil
Melkor
Eru Ilúvatar
Adult Franklin Richards
Lucifer Morningstar
Asmodeus
Rovagug

I'm interested in what everyone says and also if you have any ideas for vs. feel free to post them.

Other urls found in this thread:

ia801404.us.archive.org/26/items/king_in_yellow_librivox/king_in_yellow_01_chambers.mp3
hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/cc.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I only know LOTR

>Eru Ilúvatar
Hostile as Eru represents universal order. They would disrupt the Music of the Ainur as much as possible and turn the races of Arda to their evil designs. In any case there's no indication that Eru can be killed or exists on the same plane as the rest of creation, so he's largely inconsequential.

>Melkor
Probably some level of kinship as Melkor is the originator of strife and disorder that would allow Chaos to exist.

>Tom Bombadil
See pic related

I got quite the chuckle from your picture.

>The River Styx
Nurgle would love that shit. The rest wouldn't care. Nurgle would use it as some kinda "forgetting" poison/virus.

>Lovecraft outer gods
Depends on which you'd make more powerful.
Personally, I think the Chaos Gods would be outer Gods. So, they'd just have an expanded pantheon.

>Tom Bombadil
Depends on which you'd make more powerful. Probably Tom, but he doesn't really care unless you fuck with his property. So: Nothing.

>Melkor
Depends on which you'd make more powerful. Melkor was all about dominating things, but the only Chaos God that cares about that is Tzeentch. They're hate each other, and the way they try to control stuff is really at odds too. So, yeah.

>Eru Ilúvatar
See Tom Bombadil

>Adult Franklin Richards
I see him acting like an "Alpha Plus" grade psyker. So, it would play out about the same.

>Lucifer Morningstar
Depends on which you'd make more powerful, and which version of Lucifer. Normally, I think of Lucifer as being an agent of Order, Lawfull Evil and all that. So, I would assume he would oppose Chaos... but there are infinite versions of the Devil across all media.... soo.....

>Asmodeus
Which version? The D3 version would just get Roflstomped.

>Rovagug
I think of the Chaos Gods as being more powerful than your run-of-the-mill DnD Gods. Rovagug got imprisoned, so I think he's less powerful then the Chaos Gods, but I could see them using him. All of them could do something with him...

Your answer is the most boring but most accurate answer to anything I think I will ever see

TY, I try.

But, if it makes you feel any better, now I can't get the image of Slaanesh fucking Rovagug out of my head.

Let's go with Vertigo Lucifer Morningstar, or the most powerful version of him there is.

That version of him literally constructed an entire multiverse out of boredom, and as a "Take That!" to his dad, The Presence (aka, God). He shits very Chaos is hard that it isn't even funny.

My biggest question is why hasn't Khorne completely shit kick the other 3 with the sheer amount of war and blood being shed powering him?

>the most powerful version of him there is.
The Zoroastrian version where he is literally as powerful as big 'G' God?

Ok, he wins then.

HEY DOL

MERRY DOL

It does make him usually the most powerful Chaos God but if he gets too powerful the others would unite against him.

For very lazgun, ration pack and armor in the a guardsman hand, there're many civilian in factories and farms, dying (nurgle), loving (slaanesh) and having hope (tzeecth)

Why hasn't he just gotten Khaine to help him win the great game?

>Khaine
Cuz Khaine is of Order and Khorne is of Choas.

>My biggest question is why hasn't Khorne completely shit kick the other 3 with the sheer amount of war and blood being shed powering him?
Why would want to? "Winning" isn't something he's an aspect of. If he "won" the fighting would end.

The more different factions there are, the more war there will be. If he could, he'd probably make MORE Chaos Gods, not less.

True. But doesn't Khorne hate those other pussies? Don't they have some grudging respect for each other? Idk man, these are eldritch abominations, but come on I feel like at some point they'd try to do something different.

So you think Khorne would be down to get Malal back?

>So you think Khorne would be down to get Malal back?
I don't think Khorne would care, as long as it made more blood and skulls.

Malai would care a bunch though, since working with another Chaos God is 100% against everything he stands for.

You might as well ask Khorne to try making piece, Tzeentch to become static, Nurgle to make things healthy and pretty, and Slaanesh to stop being SUCH A HUGE FUCKING WHORE!

No. Malal is the only thing the Chaos Gods agree on whole heartedly. Its existence, or continued existance, poses a threat to all 4 Chaos Gods and their very immortality.

>No. Malal is the only thing the Chaos Gods agree on whole heartedly. Its existence, or continued existance, poses a threat to all 4 Chaos Gods and their very immortality.

I don't think they see him as much of a threat, which is why he should bring the Emperor back to life and close the Eye of Terror.

I may be retarded or remembering things wrong here, but isn't there a bit of lore or theory that the emperor was on track to creating another chaos God or something along the lines of that? I may be talking out my ass, but I could've sworn there was something involving Malal or a similar being coming out of the emperors machinations, possibly?

Regardless could the big e and Malal actually take down the big 4? Is there any chance of the big 4 being fucked, if gw decides not to keep pumping up their plot armor.

The new Horus Heresy books are implying that the Emperor IS a God of Chaos... or at least that he sold his soul to Chaos to get more power.

But, until I hear otherwise, he's a god of Order in my book. At least, that what he was in the lore before these new books. And, since the new books haven't stated it (just that he want to some portal and come back with more power) I'm saying he still is of Order/Law.

>Chaos invades the World of Twelve to challenge them to a game of Blood Bowl

Lovecraft outer gods are on a whole other level, truly.
Beings beyond Chaos and order.

Oh com'on. Cthulhu lost to a boat.

>But Johansen had not given out yet. Knowing that the Thing could surely overtake the Alert until steam was fully up, he resolved on a desperate chance; and, setting the engine for full speed, ran lightning-like on deck and reversed the wheel. There was a mighty eddying and foaming in the noisome brine, and as the steam mounted higher and higher the brave Norwegian drove his vessel head on against the pursuing jelly which rose above the unclean froth like the stern of a daemon galleon. The awful squid-head with writhing feelers came nearly up to the bowsprit of the sturdy yacht, but johansen drove on relentlessly. There was a bursting as of an exploding bladder, a slushy nastiness as of a cloven sunfish, a stench as of a thousand opened graves, and a sound that the chronicler could not put on paper. For an instant the ship was befouled by an acrid and blinding green cloud, and then there was only a venomous seething astern; where - God in heaven! - the scattered plasticity of that nameless sky-spawn was nebulously recombining in its hateful original form, whilst its distance widened every second as the Alert gained impetus from its mounting steam.

Its stated the chaos gods know they cant kill eachother because of the ramifications or something like that. Also sometimes nurgle takes the number 1 spot as strongest.

>Personally, I think the Chaos Gods would be outer Gods.
Then you're either retarded or know nothing about Lovecraft.

And you can kill nurglings with a lasgun, but that's not relevant to discussing chaos gods.

>The Zoroastrian version where he is literally as powerful as big 'G' God?
Ahrmian is not lucifer, you dumdum

Sorry for retarded question, but arent lovecraftian "gods" really just oversized aliens?

No. Cthulhu, for instance, is just a priest of the outer gods(although humans tend to worship him as a god). He's "just" an oversized alien psychically capable of driving people insane with his dreams by accident. The actual gods are literal aspects of reality.

I've read most of Lovecraft and even tracked down a mp3 of "the King in Yellow" that inspired some of his writing.
ia801404.us.archive.org/26/items/king_in_yellow_librivox/king_in_yellow_01_chambers.mp3
I also have read most of the Warhammer 40k RPG books.

So, unless we are talking about Azathoth, many of the Outer Gods are very much like Chaos Gods. Sending their agents to do their bidding.

Excepting of course that most of the truly powerful deities in the Lovecraft mythos are universal-level powers, while the Chaos Gods can't even claim dominion over one galaxy, or even most of it.

To paraphrase another user in another thread:

>The end game of the Chaos Gods is to achieve a level of power that the Outer Gods have when the stars aren't even right.

The Lovecraft gods got trapped by Earth. Don't pretend they're "all powerful" or something.

I'm starting to think YOU never read one of Lovecraft's stories with them.

Probably b8 but I'll bite. Cthulhu is a great old one, a priest of sorts for the outer gods. Hurting a priest isn't the same as killing an outer god.

Cthulhu isn't a god, regardless of whether or not he is worshipped as one.

When was Yog-Sothoth trapped by Earth? Azathoth? Hastur? Nyarlathotep?

>When was Yog-Sothoth trapped by Earth? Hastur? Nyarlathotep?
Yes.

Earth's placement in the heavens imprisoned the outer gods (or caused them to sleep depending on which madman is doing the telling.) The High Priest Cthulhu was meant to destroy Earth and thus free the Outer Gods.

The "stars are wrong" because Earth exists. If Earth is destroyed, the Stars will become right.

it's implied Tom Bombadil is only powerful within his territory
within the limits of that territory he is the master of all, and it's unknown if he can even leave it.

You should try reading is stories instead of listening to Anons (me included)
hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/fiction/cc.aspx

>When the stars were right, They could plunge from world to world through the sky; but when the stars were wrong, They could not live. But although They no longer lived, They would never really die. They all lay in stone houses in Their great city of R’lyeh, preserved by the spells of mighty Cthulhu for a glorious resurrection when the stars and the earth might once more be ready for Them. But at that time some force from outside must serve to liberate Their bodies. The spells that preserved Them intact likewise prevented Them from making an initial move, and They could only lie awake in the dark and think whilst uncounted millions of years rolled by. They knew all that was occurring in the universe, but Their mode of speech was transmitted thought. Even now They talked in Their tombs.
>In the elder time chosen men had talked with the entombed Old Ones in dreams, but then something had happened. The great stone city R’lyeh, with its monoliths and sepulchres, had sunk beneath the waves; and the deep waters, full of the one primal mystery through which not even thought can pass, had cut off the spectral intercourse. But memory never died, and high-priests said that the city would rise again when the stars were right.

That doesn't seem very Lovecraftian at all, not the least of which because it gives an inordinate amount of importance to Earth. Not to mention that Nyarlathotep is anything but asleep.

Where are you getting this from?

>inordinate amount of importance to Earth
It gave no importance to Earth. It was a cosmic accident. Earth had as much "importance" as a linchpin in a door that mistakenly was locked. Earth just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, causes the Gods to become trapped/sleep on Earth.

I mean, why else do you think they're there? Is that too "earth centric" for you? That they're doing ANYTHING on Earth at all? I can't think of a LESS important reason for them to screw with humanity AT ALL.

>all this fellating of Chaos Gods while trying to feign objectivity and intellectual discussion
adb go fuck yourself.
>Adult Franklin Richards
>Alpha Plus" grade psyker
A universe+ level being is an alpha plus psyker? Get the fuck out. The chaos gods get erased with a thought.
>Lucifer Morningstar
A multiverse+ level entity and a strong contender for the most cunning, intelligent, knowledgeable, experienced and overall smart character in all of fiction. The gods get raped worse then before.
>Depends on which you'd make more powerful
What is this horseshit answer you keep throwing around? You could literally apply that to any battle ever ''hurr if you make this guy stronger he wins''.
Outer gods stomp as well.
Chaos is so shit they're still getting their asses handed to them by a corpse whom they've been fighting for 10k years.

Soooo... you're answer to the OP's question is "The Chaos Gods lose them all?"

You'll note in my answer I said "Depends on which you'd make more powerful" a bunch.

See here:

>adress 3 examples
>"The Chaos Gods lose them all?"

>"Depends on which you'd make more powerful"
Already explained why this is retarded. The chaos gods aren't some sort of vaguely omnipotent entity where you can debate are they more conceptually powerful then other similar gods, they have VERY clear limitations.

>The chaos gods aren't some sort of vaguely omnipotent entity where you can debate are they more conceptually powerful then other similar gods, they have VERY clear limitations.

I've read the Warhammer RPG books, but was unable to find their stats. Unlike, say, the Outer Gods who's HP have been printed in a lot of systems.
Without official numbers, I think "vague" describes them pretty well. I certainly wouldn't call them "omnipotent" (though, how the denizens of their universe could defeat them is unclear).

But, I think your certainly in the face of literally no official stats is bravado at best, and stupidity at worst.

What kind of retarded logic is this? Jesus, my brain is fried by how retarded this ''argument'' is. Maybe the stats don't exist because the mortals in their setting have no means of taking them on? Maybe a bunch of parasitic entities who constantly get their asses handed to them by The Emperor on literal life support (who, by the way, also doesn't have any stats, so i'm sure he must be more powerful then the outer gods too) and are still failing to conquer one fucking galaxy. Shit, your argument is literally ''well, this guy was defeated in his universe, while this guy wasn't in his, so the second guy is stronger'' tier.

So, without stats, where are you getting your certainty for EXACTLY what their powerlevel is? How can you claim you EXACTLY know what the gods of CHAOS are capable of?

Do you think the Gravemind/Flood would stand a chance if they were at the hieght of their power, or are the power levels of the four just to great?

And whilst we're on the subject, do you think the Thing might have potential?

All we know is that it's from space and that the bigger it becomes, the smarter it gets. So we've got a fair bit to play around with.

>can't conquer a galaxy
>get their assess handed to them by Big E all the time
>''hurr how can you know how powerful they are''
I think i have a decent idea.

>I think i have a decent idea.

Your not claiming you have "a decent idea." You are claiming EXACT knowledge.

I mean, you claim you know based on them having trouble with "Big E?" (not even true, btw) Well, what are HIS stats even? If he is their 'upper limit,' what IS that limit?

Considering he took centuries conquering the galaxy instead of just wiping out all the xenos in it with his mind, we can safely assume it's not galaxy level.
>not even true, btw
>literally holding them back from taking Terra for 10k years while also powering the Astronomican and sending vision and doing a ton of other shit
>One shotted Horus so hard while in a dying state they had to flee from him

>>literally holding them back from taking Terra for 10k years while also powering the Astronomican and sending vision and doing a ton of other shit
Not the GODS no. "Big E" had problems with just their high ranking minions. Read "Master of Mankind."He couldn't hold the tide back without using all of his power, letting Horus rage unchecked.
And again, its "hold back" not "beat."

But, even if we accept your idea that he's on par with the Chaos Gods, how powerful is he? Where are HIS stats so we can get this "exact idea" of yours?

>read a daddy issued manchild's fanfiction
>using non-canon sources
Thanks for making it easy for me.
>But, even if we accept your idea that he's on par with the Chaos Gods, how powerful is he?
Considering the battleground is a galaxy, we can safely conclude that none of them are even on the galactic level, much less capable of competing with universal beings.

>Thanks for making it easy for me.
"Master of Mankind" is canon you numbnut. Go troll someone else to bump your thread.

>Black Library
>canon
The only thing canon are codexes and such. Fanfiction written by autists which SELF-ADMITTEDLY ''contains half-truths, rumors, propaganda, and even lies'' is just that, fanfiction written by autists.

So, which rule book has the Emperor's stats?

So, The Emperor, not having any stats, is more powerful then some dimension/universe destroying beings that have stats?

ask this guy:

The Emperor not having stats makes him a bad measuring stick for all your "certainty" about the powers you claim to 100% understand.

But, it doesn't matter. If you're claiming the fluff doesn't count, then everything you've said up until this point is invalidated:
>can't conquer a galaxy
>get their assess handed to them by Big E all the time

Where are you getting all that if:
>The only thing canon are codexes and such.

That's how I can tell you're trolling. You're making no sense. Only the Codexes count, but you know the Emperor fight the Gods of Chaos and won? Which Codex did THAT happen in?