Paladin phone poster edition

>Unearthed Arcana: Three Subclasses
media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA-3Subclasses0108.pdf

>Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
latest update-mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
Tell me about the orders of paladins/peace keepers in your settings.

No

Well I'm playing a paladin of Waukeen in the campaign I'm not running, so that one I guess. We aren't really much of an "order", more a loose collection of worshippers.

My setting has a country where magic is a very big part of the culture. The guards of the city are paladins specifically trained to fight against spellcasting criminals with homebrew oath spells and a channel divinity option.
No, they aren't player characters used as NPCs. I just took the various guard templates and slapped some spells and new actions onto them

Oath of Free Commerce?

One of my players has an NPC in their backstory (who they want to get revenge on for killing a friend and an enemy they wanted to be the one to kill) that he described only as a "sword-wielding spellcaster woman." What should she be?

If it helps, the aforementioned friend was a warlock who served as a pirate ship's arcanist and the aforementioned enemy was that pirate ship's captain

Crown actually. Still level 1 though, so who knows- the campaign just started.

Quick question in there some software or site I could use to auto-generate sheets or calculate stats for said sheets?
I know dndbeyond is kinda that but it asks me to buy books I already purchased or even very simple stuff like moon druid isn't available.

She should be a bladesinger.

pay for beyond cuck

Hexblade 'lock who's patron had a vendetta against the patron of the friend.

never recommend that
at least not until it's a better product than things you can get for free

How much stuff does your character carry? Do you think about how it's stored, or track weight?

Orcpub might be helpful. You can find "homebrew" content to upload to fill out Orcpub options on the Orcpub subreddit.

oh, well it's a homebrew oath so that wasn't a proper reccomendation but i suppose it is worth looking at if your DM seems like they'd be ok with it; it fits the god pretty well

I like both of these. Intlock Hexblade Bladesinger Abomination it is.

an NPC without PC class levels you dingus

In my world a strong curse has begun to take hold, depriving people of their personality and spirit, gradually rendering them into emotionless zombies. Due to the terror and instability the curse is causing, three kingdoms have united to create a ruthless brigade of cavalry that tirelessly marches down the main roads, attempting to annihilate any groups of cursed ones, and sow fear to make people who know they are cursed flee cities/towns.

The PCs started off in the future though, where almost everyone has actually become cursed. Thus, they know their job is to stop it from spreading. If they don't this same cavalry brigade will become corrupt by curse and evil, and ultimately resemble husks of dark steel on black horses, with a shadowy fog escaping the openings in their armor.

But what kind of NPC you friendly individual?

fuck you /5eg/

Too much. Our DM has told us not to worry about it, so not really and no. To be fair we do have both a Bag of Holding and a Portable Hole.
I think if I run a game soon I'm going to pitch Anti-Hammerspace Inventory and see what people think.

>using prewritten statblocks for humanoids
anyway, i dunno, maybe a Conjurer with a better weapon?

Volo Blackguard?

What's the relationship between Orcus and the Raven Queen? Does he just was to kill and usurp her?

>dming 5
>none of them can heal
>running hard/deadly encounters
>plan to play intelligent enemies that strategize so they're forced to
they're only level two and I'm scared for the future. I kinda want them to live so their characters can develop, but I sure as hell ain't going easy on them.

how screwed are they?

As long as they get their hands on plenty of healing potions they'll be fine.

Depends on how often you give them access to healing potions.

>Orcpub subreddit
This works perfectly, thank you. You just saved me a lot of party and headache of running a large party of newbies

One likes to raise the dead and doesn't give a fuck about the natural order, the other is a Mary Sue waifu that doesn't like that at all.

one of them has a herbalism kit and I've got rules for 'em to craft potions with it, so perhaps they have a chance.

>how screwed are they?
what a weird question. that's completely up to you and how conservatively they play.

Never seen that before, but I like it. I think I'd expand the number of containers though.

I usually use inquisitive rogue for peace keeper, i like it better because when i used paladin, the player will just commit dubious activity when the guards isn't around. With the inquisitive rogue, i can go "are you sure you want to do that? that black dot 500 feet away could be an inquisitor with sharpshooter feats, putting the cross hair between your eyes."

Would removing sunlight sensitivity on drow make them really strong? I don't have my books at the moment

For what purpose?

it would make them kind of strong and more importantly even more attractive options for edgelords

Just have your drow craft some sick shades.

I'm talking actual lore.

>For what purpose
No underdark in the setting, no Lolth, And I'm trying to move away from anything FR related so they aren't a bunch of evil edgelord slavers

>no underdark
>no Lolth
>still has Drow
why though

Dark Elves

Just have them live in deep dark forests like Zendikar's Mul Daya dark elves.

Just smoosh the DV down to 60ft. and you are OK

What classes are they? The fighters will get OK healing from Second Wind, if they have an Abjuration Wizard he can soak damage, if there's a Bard he can do some healing (or a Paladin, or Cleric, or Druid, obviously). Until then just make sure they have access to a few potions.

>and more importantly even more attractive options for edgelords
I dunno, having an excuse to never act during the day is probably a plus for them

Tell me more about this thing. You have me interested.

Yeah summed it up pretty well for you right there. If you want a more detailed explanation try Google.

>Trying to move away from anything FR related
>Makes sure to keep all the things FR has but totally not the same

well if they're not really drow at all, being not underdark, edgelords or evil slavers, just make them dark skinned high elves, and if you must, just switch their INT bonus and cantrips to CHA

I just finished DMing the final battle in my Curse of Strahd campaign; ask me anything.

barbarian, druid, warlock, rogue, and hemomancer (homebrew, pretty similar to sorcerer).
spells are homebrew too to fit with the setting, and the druid's circle doesn't get any healing spells.

the barbarian can make potions, but that can get expensive pretty fast. how I'm running it, they're impoverished and have barely any money. at least for now.

I played in a party going through curse of strahd. we died in the death mansion at the beginning. ask me anything

Did anyone die?

what edgelord ever wants to not be an OP mary sue and the center of attention?

Was it fun?

Literally the only thing related to FR is the fact that PHB races are around because I'm not homebrewing half a dozen races

Druids can heal from their basic spell list.

>hey i homebewed away my players' healing, how fucked are they?
idiot

When they want a flaw that is not a real flaw in any way and enables them to act even more edgier

like, how? did you try to fight the mound?

lemme clarify.
I spent a year homebrewing 5e for my setting. I rewrote magic, classes, races, etc. at its core its still d&d, and it isn't TOO different, but magic is one of the things that is significantly changed, and druids ain't one of the classes that have healing.

if drow don't fit as they are just ban them, sunlight sensitivity is there for a reason so no you can't remove that alone and think they'll still be properly balanced

wow well then gg, you took away from the Druids one of the things they are good at in parties, well done turbonerd

our barbarian threw shit at the mound. it killed one of us, I figured out it wouldn't hurt me if I didn't move, everyone else ran and died in traps. two got out alive, the rest (including me) died.
we didn't find the stairwell that leads right to the entrance, so we had to go through the entire mansion to get out.

Yeah, Death House is pretty deadly. Fighting 4 Shadows at level 2 is stupid.
One character died fighting the Arcanaloth in the Amber Temple. No one died in the battle with Strahd, in fact, only one character went down during the 2+ hour fight. But by the end of the fight everyone was on low health with only 1 or two spell slots left.
The campaign itself was hit or miss, but everyone enjoyed the final battle I set up.
My personal opinion of Curse of Strahd is that it's not a very good campaign to just make a group and play through without a ton of prep work on both the DM and player's sides. Unless they come up with something in advance, it's really hard to get players interested in the world of Barovia, and player's are going to want to speed through everything just so they can get the fuck out.

About the country or the guards? Do you want stat blocks?

>Let me clarify
>It is exactly as bad as it original sounds

my bad hold up, I had to check to be sure because I knew that didn't sound right. my druids DO have healing on their list, the guy just didn't choose either of them. so he could eventually get it. that's actually relieving.

if you homebrew your classes to have less healing you should either give them more healing elsewhere or make them need to heal less, if you're worrying about their chances you screwed up somewhere
also why would you take druid healing away? that's extremely core to the druid concept

a campaign where everyone plays a Aasimar Paladin, and each one represents a traditional virtue, like temperance, patience, ectect

enemy is a group of A. teiflings that represent the sins or B. an Aasimar that has fallen

is this fun y/n

see

>I spent a year dicking around with game balance and now i'm worried about my players

See

When you DM, do your enemies attack downed players or ignore them? Some of my players got upset when a (intelligent humanoid) enemy took a turn to finish off the unconscious rogue. Previously in the combat the cleric had got the rogue off the ground with a Healing Word, and the cleric had sanctuary on him, so I figure if they can't stop the heals they'd do the next best thing.

Druids choose which spells to prepare from their list. If he wants to heal, he can prepare it.

jesus, what a shitshow
was it still fun though?

Nope, I'd rather play as the sins trying to be good guys, mostly because it sounds like a snooze fest all around but at least that might be entertaining.

A bit cheesy but sounds like it has potential.

>it's really hard to get players interested in the world of Barovia
you think? weird, i thought it was pretty interesting and engaging compared to usual settings

Depends on the enemy, in your situation I'd absolutely target unconscious enemies

How'd the Strahd fight shake out? Location? Party makeup? Any NPCs? etc

What would be some good encounters for a landscape made entirely out of flesh and body parts?

ah, then tell him he should probably prep at least A heal, just in case

Flesh golems, dun

White cells, red cells, and skin cells. Bonus if you add cells with tentacles and cells that try to dissolve you.

who would want to play virtues?

Demons

Beholderkin, gibbering mouthers, grell, intellect devourers.

a sufficiently bloodthirsty monster might pioritise ripping apart a downed creature over attacking its allies, and an intelligent creature that knows about healing may finish somene off delibertely. hell, even a beast that wants to eat players but isn't in a blood frenzy might try to drag a player away, biting as it goes

dick forest

me, but i find moralfaggery fun to rp

>oops I played make believe wrong
>oops I had fun wrong

yes

>lhomebrew can't be balanced even though I haven't seen it myself lole!
>implying 5e was balanced in the first place

...maybe I shouldn't get too deep into this, it may be difficult to explain how I reworked magic, and hell, maybe I did completely break the game for it. its worked so far though.

Everyone's spellcasting works the same, everyone has mana instead of spell slots, nobody prepares spells, everyone has spellcasting but non-caster-classes dont start with spells and have barely any mana, all spells are freeform and can be used in various ways, spell damage is thus determined by seperate tables depending on how the spell is used with help from RAW spells and DMG, you dont start with many spells, learning spells takes longer since spells can do a lot more things, nobody has spell lists, casters can start with a few cantrips and a couple first level spells, nobody gains spells as they level, you can learn/find/buy spells from playing that I'll give opportunies to get when it makes sense progression wise, warlocks are an exception and have spell slots.

That's "all". did I break d&d? lmao

sorry , the yes was for you
the salt was for

pls respond

Gimme a name for a Psuedodragon. Nothing serious or memey. Just simple. 2 syllable max preferred.

Hey guys, how a level one conquest paladin would dress or act?

jesus dude that's a bit much, and why after all that would you have warlocks be the only exception to your universal caster rules? that's just even more confusing

Nogbog