/wfg/ Warhammer Fantasy General

Carnac Edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

unseelie.org/wfrprt/wfrperrata.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer:_Shadow_of_the_Horned_Rat
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>corporate efficiency

Wait a second...

Reminder

Don't flirt with me, silly dark gods.

Since Carnac's not gonna come near this thread, what's everyone's favorite minor chaos character? I'm a big fan of Galrauch.

Vilitch is cool.

>tfw you bought one of these bad boys off of ebay last night

That khorne whorezerker from gotrek and felix was kawaii~ as fuck.

Aekold Hellbrass. Pity I barely know anything about him, aside from the Liber Chaotica story. Not sure if there even is more.

Reminder that religion is merely a tool of social control and deliberately spreads falsehood to ensure the power of the priestly castes and that not linking to a new thread will only deter this truth for so long.

He's a character Kinslayer.

>That khorne whorezerker from gotrek and felix was kawaii~ as fuck.
I had weird feelings about her as a kid.

>Fantasy "fans" hate Chaos because it was destined to win and eventually did win
>They hate Age of Sigmar despite it being about getting revenge on Chaos

Seems to me these "fans" actually should go to Sigmar and leave the people who actually enjoy Fantasy alone.

I actually like Necoho and Zuvassin, and have tried to headcanon some ways they could still have a small following.

Necoho is obviously paradoxical in his worship, but most cults follow him in a watered down way as simply a patron for their goals of destabilizing widespread religions, proving the truth of the superiority of their gods over the pantheon they consider weak and false. He's also got followers among former priests who have turned their backs on whatever religion failed them, or scholars that nurse the heretical belief that science trumps faith and see their 'worship' of Necoho as merely respecting a being that understands the reality of nature, a twisted long that appeals to Necoho greatly.

Zuvassin mostly usurps other cults, particularly Tzeentchian cults, but he does have some following among revolutionaries and anarchists, anyone that would consider even their overall failure to be worthwhile as long as the plans of those they opposed, governments and society, fell apart as well. He may also be called upon by nobles with long-standing feuds, or anyone foolish enough to think their plans are solid as iron.

I also have some headcanon for the Gods of Law, but it's pretty simple and based on old lore ideas. Arianka is secretly the Ancient Widow, Solkan is worshiped among the Estalians and Tileans because his priests act as witch hunters. Alluminas is just kinda...there. Maybe worshiped by some mages who desire stability and permanence in the face of chaotic magic.

>tfw you just got an ultrasonic cleaner

Who else is paint stripper master race here?

These are not equivalent or exclusive statements and you know it.

>mytombkang.jpg

Yeah she was just the right amount of damsel in distress and just the right amount of dominant.

There are many reasons not to like AoS.
The new miniatures are often exaggerated and have yet to find a balance in style.
The storm cast have become the space marines of the setting which means everything is about them (they share that spot with Khorne and Nurgle now, but they're villains and don't count).
The worlds are really, really badly fleshed out. Some maps are just ridiculous.
Other than that, I'm looking forward to what GW is going to do. I appreciate the effort of renewing their world and universe and creating things like the start collecting, but I enjoyed old WHFB a lot because it had tremendous amount of lore and cool miniatures that now don't exist at all.
And they made boxed sets that weren't "Space Marines Vs Chaos". That's something I miss.

>With his fur matted with blood and armour dripping gore, the right claw of Clan Mors paraded past his troops. They dropped to their knees before him, eyes fixed upon the new heads adorning his trophy rack. Queek travelled down to his personal warrens. Wary of treachery, only the warlord’s attendant slaves were allowed into this area. They were castrated, blinded and withered specimens – hardly a threat to Queek or his breeders. The slaves scuttled obediently to their master’s command.

>The Warlord of the City of Pillars was fastidiously clean, and could not bear to be filth-encrusted like some noisome plague monk. Well used to this post battle ritual, the snuffling creatures worked to unstrap Queek’s armour, before bathing him with their long rasping tongues. They used their filed incisors to bite out tangles and scabs alike. Even the armour was scoured in like fashion.

Justify this furry shit.

That's just what rats do bro.

Now Justify this dark elfs middle aged truck stop body.

Can someone reccomend me a Vampire Counts or Tomb Kangs list? I'm going to start my 15mm fantasy project today and it looks like my LGS has a ton of 15mm skellingtons so I guess it's either VC or Tomb Kings.

That one that wherever he walks flowers sprout.
Fuck if i remember the name tho.
also Lord Mortkin

that's Aekold Hellbrass

Aekold Hellbrass and Egrimm Van Horstmann. If I had to choose then probably the latter.

I like his visual and origin concept but isn't he just a morning cartoon baddie?

Arbaal the Undefeated, he had some really awesome rules- 9 2D6 Strength Attacks each turn.
A shame he was forgotten by GW until the End Times where he just got killed. So much for Khorne's greatest champion

So fellas I'm relatively new to WHFB (I joined just after End Times wrapped up) and just really couldn't get into AOS. So just over two years ago me and a few buddies decided to give Warhammer a try. We fucking loved it (this being said we've homebrewed it a little to suite our purposes). We also really loved the lore but only ever really scratched the surface, which is where this post is leading to:
>What are some really good, must read books for WHFB?
We are really mainly looking for stuff in the Old World and collect Crooked Moon (myself but am expanding into general Greenies), skaven, dwarves and empire. That being said we are always looking to broaden our horizons.

Hollup, what book is this character from? Is Gotrek and Felix a series I can jump into or do I need to read in order?

Isn't that Sigvald the Magnificent?

Gotrek and Felix are the classic trash but fun series.

I just realized there'll be no more G&F books.
Fuck.

Forgot the second half of my post. Honestly, you can jump in anywhere, but just reading them in order enhances it.

No, it's Magvald the Significant, his better older brother.

All of chaos is just a gigantic morning cartoon baddie

Or at least, it used to be.

Sigvald doesn't walk. He hovers so as to not get dirty.

Do flowers sprout under his feet anyway ?

Is that conversion?
Looks great

Not unless he's given a piggyback ride by Aekold.

>Aekold as a mount when

>finally found my army to get into whfb
>4500 pts skaven army, all models represented in multiples
>at least 200+ models
>price was a fucking steal
>open up package

I nearly vomited at the paint job. Every single one of them looked like they were painted with crayons and then dipped into the highest gloss enamel sealent. I dread having to deal with this. What it's the fastest and least damaging way to reverse this mess? I at least want my storm vermin to look presentable.

>What it's the fastest and least damaging way to reverse this mess?
I'd say righteous fire followed by training actual mice to act as abominations.

>trash
I never knew a person could be so wrong about something.

She's in the first few books, the series is old timey trash but it's fun and campy if you marathon it.
Skip the city of the damned though, it's puss and blood.

How did you not see that from the listing?

Get one of these bad boys, some methalated spirits or denatured alcohol and a tooth brush.

The sealants a pain in the ass but it should dissolve eventually.
Judging by the amount you've listed I would even suggest getting a 750ml or even a 1L version.
You can get bigger tubs but they get real expensive and tend to just go deeper rather than wider.

>tfw trying to make an instructional video for youtube/ Instagram post because all of the other videos on it are kinda shitty

Here's a blurry and quite shit example of stripping with an ultrasonic, the cold one was from my real early days when I based with beach sand, held the primer too close and repainted about nine times.

Try using five minute intervals in the ultrasonic, run it, tooth brush them, run it again.

Just be aware that the metholated spirits/ denatured alcohol can get hot so wear a mask and gloves.

I know the paint job wasn't the best from the poor quality photos and selective group shots, but for that many models for that cheap (plus it came with many more models then advertised, just unassembled), I really couldn't pass it up.

If you post a tutorial I'll watch it.

>If you post a tutorial I'll watch it.

It'll take a good two weeks before I have anything usable, I kinda understand why they're all so shitty after trying to do it myself.

Congrats on your cheap skaven though.

rats are animals. this is how animals clean

If you think this is remotely sexual then perhaps your the one with furry on the brain. Queek is an immense narcissistic mad rat. It's to show the exaggerated rule through coercion and the immense gap between classes. Also being that they are mutated, horrific animals, it makes sense they do animal things. Do you legitimatly see a dog lick another dog outside and say "fucking furries ruining my outdoors reeeeeeeee-"?

>one of these bad boys
I too listen to supermega

>bad boys

>Do you legitimatly see a dog lick another dog outside and say "fucking furries ruining my outdoors reeeeeeeee-"?
Not him, but if a half-man half-dog hybrid starting licking another man-dog hybrid I certainly would.

Difference: one is an actual creature, the other is a homosexual man inside a stuffed animal jacking off.

Think of it like the word fag. Someone doesn't have to be gay to be a fucking faggot.

thats just THICC

Hey, guys.
Total WFRP n00b here. Is there any need for an errata to keep in mind for the 2nd edition core rulebook of WFRP? or everything is updated and failproof?
Thanks in advance for any answers.

Good work! Where's that from?

looks like the torso of a questing knight with plastic legs and a shield from the pilgrims

unseelie.org/wfrprt/wfrperrata.pdf

Some versions have been updated to include the errata, some have not.

Thanks, man. Actually, I found a newer version of the errata. Here you are.

So this is just me being a big ignoramus, but how well does the Total Warhammer series reflect the rules for the tabletop? I'm a huge Asur fanboy, and I want to know if I'm doing a disservice to myself by buying White Lions when they're mostly inferior to Swordmasters of Hoeth.

Throgg is best

Reminder that custom models for TWWH are now possible.

It is largely different because the game is different than the TT

White lions would be a great mid tier unit if their requirements weren't so fucked up.

Does anyone have a screen cap of the story where Wood Elves kill dwarf merchants and then they come back in the winter to fuck them up for it?

I dont remember which army book it was.

>Does anyone have a screen cap of the story where Wood Elves kill dwarf merchants and then they come back in the winter to fuck them up for it?

This sounds like something that would happen in Dwarf Fortress.

Also I never knew that long-winded insult thrown at an Elf by a Dwarf was froma Warhammer game, where's your image from?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhammer:_Shadow_of_the_Horned_Rat

Is what I think it is.
Yeah the story was either in the dwarf army book or a white dwarf I had.

Cant find it anywhere.

It's pretty different. I know the most about Bretonnia, but obviously they can't follow the same rules that a turn-based wargame would use in a real time strategy game, where more focus is placed on control and timing rather than rolls and planning. Biggest example I can think of is the Knights Errant - in TWW they're just anti-infantry knights, about the same as KotR, but in the wargame Knights Errant had a risk of being dragged into a charge. You couldn't have that sort of lack of control in a Total War game, so they obviously changed it.

I'm sure there was a mechanic in Rome Total War/Medieval Total War 2 that some of your units would charge if placed too close to an enemy without you ordering it. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong

it never worked.

What are the most essential books for WFRP 2e? From what I've heard, the game is pretty much runnable with just the use of the core rulebook and the Old World Bestiary. Is that true? or do I need more than these?

This. I tried to force it but I couldn't make it work.

There once was a humble bundle with all of the books. I got them all. Best buy I ever did make it.
I only wish I got someone to play with

Galrauch, Hellbrass and Van Hortsmann are great, Tzeentch just makes for more interesting characters than "BLOOD", "ROT" and "PLEASURE"

Sigvald is god-tier imo, perfect Chaos character, but barely minor

Try Roll20. Sometimes, online gaming is better. I mean, you can find some fine gamers online that you'd never have found otherwise, through searching for players only near your home. But still, my question stands: Which books are "required" for WFRP2 campaigning?

>Which books are "required" for WFRP2 campaigning?
As I said, I've never played it but I'd say the Old World Bestiary since you always need more enemies. It's almost always the first thing I get after the main rulebook for any RPG.

Yeah, those two are the only essential ones, and even OWB isn't *essential* it's just very nice to have. Every other book depends entirely on how you want to focus your game. I love Renegade Crowns, but that's because I love the Border Princes region, and the books tables for making a region are a good way to keep the overall feel of the game. Only other book I used was Tome of Corruption, which I adore for the massively expanded mutation chart. The base game one isn't great. However if you're not doing Chaos, it won't give you much of anything.

As a GM or Player? If you're running it you should have no problem either online or irl. It's super simple for new players to pick up. If you're willing to put in the work you should be able to get enough peeps.

The base book is all that you need to get started. The bestiary pretty good but really you should decide what campaign you want to run. If you're running a game about Skaven you'll need 'Children of the Horned Rat', if chaos then 'Tome of Corruption'. Playing in Bretonnia? Get 'Knights of the Grail' etc etc.

Thanks for your responses, mates. Have fun!

How is Sigvald not a minor character?

White Lions are pretty good man, stubborn, strider and S6 attacks are no joke.

Though at particular points systems you begin to value the 4+ ward save on Phoenix Guard more. Elves have a glut of hammer units but a real anvil unit is hard to come by.

What points system and edition are you playing?

Also +5 no-prize points for Limmy posting

6e Dwarf Army book.

It's from a YouTube video, Ravandil's Quest.

They've done a pretty bad job in general of adapting units with psychological special rules.
Orcs and Goblins especially just don't feel right without Animosity, Stupidity and random movement for fanatics/squigs etc.

At least there's Rage/Berserk now. Which actually might fit for the Knight Errant's impetuousness.

What are the coolest alliances in the setting? Empire and Dwarves, Dark Elves and Chaos, etc. Canon can be a little shakey if you think the pair of allies is awesome and justifiable somehow.

>loses daemons with the power of raw matter coursing through them to illiterate peasants with halberds
>talk a lot of shit but get scared when an elf comes their way
>gods imbue their own power into half a dozen mighty warriors and each gets slain
>all of it a grand allegory for how the might and mettle of your average joe can withstand tides od abominable horror that he has no right beating but does beat because man forges his own destiny
>all of it doesn't matter because two sentences on one page in a book written in 1986 says chaos will win

woah user, metho will melt some plastics so take caution with what namefag says.

start with the metal models, they can't be hurt at least.

>metho will melt some plastics

Not the ones GW uses.

Playing as Nehek Exiles, you know you got it rough when the haunted gets haunted.

Dwarfs and High Elves. When it happens its pretty cool.

I should specify, metho with acetone components in it will melt plastics. metholated spirits without should be fine but I still wouldn't use it on resin.

>What are the coolest alliances in the setting?

Lizardchads and Tomb Kangz (pre-necrosis)

Rasetra was really the coolest city (Ka-Sabar close second).

Wood Elves and Bretonnia. Yes, I know.

Hry guys, how does this look as a starting list?

+ Core +

39x Crypt Ghouls w/Champion [400pts]

+ Heroes +

Cairn Wraith [60pts]

+ Lords +

Strigoi Ghoul King [425pts]: Fear Incarnate, Flying Horror, Lore of the Vampires, Red Fury, Dragonbane Gem, Swors of Bloodshed

+ Rare +

Terrorgheist [240pts]: Rancid Maw

+ Special +

6x Crypt Horrors, 1 Champion [238pts]

3x Spirit Hosts [135pts]

Name fag here, You're right I should have mentioned that user should be on the look out for metho/ denatured alcohol without acetone additives.
Although you'll rarely find one that's more than 10% and five minute intervals (the advised length in an ultrasonic cleaner because of heat build up) aren't enough to damage gws plastics.
You might however need the acetone in order to get the lacquered varnish off its surface.

Also use it in a well ventilated area because metho fumes can make you light headed, handle with gloves because it can be absorbed through the skin.
I wear goggles and a mask but you don't need too, that's just a personal tick.

That seems like a strong 1k list.
It can be hard to critique at such a points level because most armies you face will at most have 2-3 units and only 1-2 models who can deal with your ethereal wraith.
My group has banned lords in sub 2k games.

Oh, it's a 1500 point list, forgot to include.

What do you know?

1500pts is a fun points level. This is for End Times, correct?

Living soldiers in a Tomb Kings army mixed with skeletons.

Tacky, or cool?

Second question: stone statue paintjob. Better, or worse?

>Living soldiers in a Tomb Kings army mixed with skeletons.
Might be neat, allthough if I were you I'd probably keep the living soldiers in a seperate unit and fluffed as auxilliaries.

>Second question
Worse.

Its hard to argue with 24 decent looking Egyptian Spearmen for $36, but I'm just worried it'll look really out of place and not go well with my generic TK army. I need a cheap but appropriate looking Tomb Guard proxy though.

You could paint them up with pallid flesh, cuts and tattered clothing either as zombies or as a slave army.

Stone would be hard to do right on minis like that.