What's the most sensible way to handle the ears of anime-style animal-eared folk in a fantasy setting?

What's the most sensible way to handle the ears of anime-style animal-eared folk in a fantasy setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

furaffinity.net/user/fireflufferz/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Two seats of ears. Why? Magic. Besides having an extra pair wouldn't hurt, probably get some neat benifits to go with it.

Kill yourself.

Pic related.

Shouldn't the holes for her ears also go further down her skull?

Anyway, two sets of ears seems fine for me. The Charr in Guild Wars 2 have a set of ears for high frequency sounds and another for low frequency, with their middle frequency ranges overlapping slightly. This means that they're a little hard of hearing if you change tones frequently mid-sentence and are from a non-Charr race.

I do like the ears using the normal human ear canals, but stretching the ears to reach to the top of the head doesn't look so good. I'd just have the ears lower to the sides of the head.

Either of these, I don’t really care

The animal ears are just cosmetic, they use human ears to hear. Actually being able to hear with the animal ears would require either a differently-shaped skull or a much smaller brain.

C'tarl C'tarl ears are good if accompanied by tail, but i actually prefer stretchy ears. It lets me make them HUGE and FLUFFY.

Two sets of ears, however, is literally cosplay-tier and the plebbest of choices.

damn dude i want to fuck that cat haha if you know what i mean

I'm not against big ears and do like more than just furry elf ears, but making them so big that they're both where your normal ears are and where they stretch up to where the stereotypical cat ears would be, looks goofy. Like some sort of Ferengi bats.

Yeah, something in the middle would be the best. I prefer having smaller ears be somewhere in between human and cat ears on the skull. This way it looks aesthetically fine enough to not draw the eye towards them.

>ferengi bats
How huge are we talking?

I think it can work out. Other animals have skulls like that after all.

>How huge are we talking?

Mainly referencing pic in . The second to last row, where the top of the ear is where the stereotypical neko ears are while the bottom is where a human ear would be. So you got these two massive things flapping on the sides of your heads. Something closer to your pic would be more aesthetically pleasing to me, while also more logical.

stretched ears are cuter tho

Only one set of ears. Two sets is disgusting, there are enough holes in the human skull already. Having two sets of ears is one of the reasons why Blake is worst girl on RWBY.

eh, stretched ears are kinda disgusting to me, I prefer normal ones

>GOD TIER:
-Large, but recognizeable, like on >OKAY TIER:
-Stretchy
-Furry elf
>MAYBE TIER:
-Two ears, top of the head
-Animal ears, but on the side (smaller than stretchy, lower than god tier)
>OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING TIER:
-Four ears
-Four ears but top ears are "cosmetic"
>WHY TIER:
-The race is actually a bunch of human cosplayers wearing fake ears. They are masters at impersonation and have convinced everyone (even gods) that they're beastfolk

>cosplayers wearing fake ears

What if the human ears are the fake ones?

Gently, because they're quite sensitive.

>big ears you can scritch and play with

I like.

That bridge between eye and earsocket is begging to be broken with how large the earsocket is

From what I have observed from human, cats and dog skulls, ear canals go down to the lower sides of the skulls.

Blame evolution.

So what you’re saying is if I stabbed someone in the ear it may just go straight into the brain? Or should I stab them near the lower part of the skull?

>sensible ears
>anime cat ears
Pick one. Anime ears work on the rule of cute, and thus are placed at the top of the head to signify their cat nature, a purely symbolic act with no connection towards realism. Actual cat people ears would be literally the same place ours are, as humanoid skull grow up and out for brain size, and ear canals on cats plus literally all other mammals are placed very low on the skull. There would be no evolutionary pressure to pull them up away from their current positions.

As you can see from the rest of the pictures trying desperately to join the weeb style and realism, it doesn't fucking work. They either look ridiculous or fail biology.

Nah. It's much lower.

Don't.

Simple
>You Don't

How would use a phone or earphones?

See top right corner.

custom models.

Ban them.

Removal.

Kill yourself.

Really struggling with coming up clothing and equipment designs that could be worn by a variety of species with different skull shapes and things on their heads. How do you design a helmet that can be worn by a person with horns and without horns, rather than having to come up with one for each and then running into situations where you don't have right headgear available for a particular race.

>rather than having to come up with one for each and then running into situations where you don't have right headgear available for a particular race.

But that's fun.

But maybe having NPC gear modifiers in town? Mystic smiths who can reforge a helmet made for humans into helmet fit for minotaur?

>coming into thread you don't like and shitposting there
Kill yourself.

Second reply and you need to kill yourselves.

Well, it's more of a future setting, so I'm trying to figure out how you could have, say, mass produced helmets or protective clothing readily usable by most races. Hard to have 5-6 different model articles in an emergency kit, etc.

Why not issuing different emergency kits depending on the race?

You're still ending up with a lot of emergency kits. Or are you gonna deny race X access to your ship because they don't have emergency equipment for their physiology? Are you going to issue different helmets for soldiers of two different races serving in the same army? How do you make sure you have the right number of each type of helmet per unit? Racial segregation?

Fuck world building is dumb...

Just like everyone else, user!

Really? I played that game for 4 years and never knew it. Guess should've been paying more attention to the fluff instead of speedrunning dungeons for teh gold.

In a world like that armies will have entirely different structure, so probably no standard kits.

Centaur's Worries does this kind of thing, but the setting there taes political correctness to frankly scary degree.

Primates tend to have closed off eye sockets. I don't think most other mammals do.

This is why the Galactic Empire is almost 99% human

The races will have to purchase their own emergency kit and take it with them. The government can offer a tax refund or writeoff for them.

Are you expecting a future nations to be racially homogeneous? Or that every nation has domestic production of each and every product they might need? Or that a multinational corporation would not try and find a way to corner a market in another country with a majority population belonging to another race, and provide them goods? That said corporation wouldn't try and maximize their profits by combining two products into one universal product?

>"Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. beak face, our airline doesn't provide oxygen masks that will fit your faces, so we can't be liable for your deaths in the case of an emergency. Please find an airline that takes your freaky faces into consideration."

They emote with ears just like cats. Movements can be both unconscious (showing emotions sincerely) or controlled (bluff/acting)

Make them erogenous and highly sensitive zones, so a light breeze can make them aroused, of course.

This is like being upset that your pets dog collar doesn't also fit your pet duck.

>listening to a furry non-japanese guy with a fucking furaffinity.net/user/fireflufferz/ when it comes to girls with animal ear
Kill yourself.
4 ears > 2 ears

Except the duck can sue you for not having duck collars on stock and being a generally racist piece of dog shit.

4 ears only works because the human ears are always hidden.
It's always too dumb if you have to think about it for a second.

Gently. They're sensitive, so slow, gentle rubs with your fingertips.

Fake human ears to blend in and avoid being seen as more alien and less a person than you already are.

This reasoning although typically sound, has always struck me as something that should backfire after a while. When you think about it, it is an adaptation made specifically to deceive.

I'd personally be less likely to trust such a creature over beings who are more "honest" about what they are.