Is it possible to be Chaotic Evil without hurting anyone?

Is it possible to be Chaotic Evil without hurting anyone?

On the one hand, that poor robot only wanted a ride... on the other hand, it did want to go to Frisco...

Yes believe it or not the average person doesn’t run around slashing strangers with their longsword

I see the alignment chart thus:
Good-Neutral-Evil: How far down you're willing to fall to get your objectives (Club a baby seal?)
Lawful-Neutral-Chaotic: What methods you generally use to get to your objective (Club a baby seal without a permit?)

So to me, Chaotic Evil is a guy willing to do absolutely anything to achieve his objectives. If there exist obstacles in the form of people, he will get rid of them in the most expedient way possible (ask them to move aside, or kill them).

Term evil in itself implies intentional hurt, In a way.

Maybe. I don't think anyone ever actually gets harmed in Wacky Races.

Not unless you believe in thought crime.

Yes. Play as a Barbarian of the smallest, weakest race imaginable. We're talking playing a Mouseguard character in a D&D game. Nobody can get hurt if you're so impotent as to be unable to do anything. Makes you finally getting the almighty macguffin to become omnipotent and pulling a Starscream all the better.

If nobody stands in your way, nobody needs to be hurt.

>Just scare away your opponents or convince them that fighting you would be futile
Balancing dangerously on Lawful Evil but it'd be a start at least.

You can be a Chaotic Evil Necromancer who just enjoys raising the dead for shits and giggles. Necromancy is inherently evil but nobody really gets hurt by it.

But in your way to what? If your goals aren't hurtful, are they Evil?

Alignments are stupid and only serve as entry-level plebeian argument bait. Rise above and refuse to consider DnD alignments at all.

Dick only cheated because he was bored of winning all the time.

Why should you care?

In my way in general.

If my goals are hurtful, those who would be hurt by it can always willingly commit suicide. This way, they don't stand in my way, and I don't need to have to hurt anyone. Else they have only themselves to blame.

Right, so practically speaking, no

>my enlightened high school morality cannot be constrained by a simple 3x3 grid!

lmao every time

You can be utterly incompetent to the point where your attempts to hurt people fail every time, otherwise no.

Chaotic Evil in D&D terms is not just being willing to do anything to achieve ones goals. Chaotic Evil beings enjoy causing pain and suffering.

just have it be an harmless, annoying, pathetic, cowardly passive-aggressive asshole. Take inspiration from /pol/posters maybe.

Breddy good

They still intend to be hurtful, they're just mostly ineffectual.

Hey man, they've got major bonuses to flag-capturing activities.

Weaponised autism might not be a bad description of Chaotic Evil

I thought it was because he got more of a thrill out of being evil than actually winning races.

His car was the fastest, he always got ahead to lay traps for the other racers. I remember one race where he just drives for most of it and would win, only he can't resist fucking everyone over at the end and loses.

Physically? Sure. But someone, somewhere, is paying for your dickishness, whether it be a person or animal or the environment.

My theory is that the sponsors were paying him to throw races in the dumbest ways possible because it was better for the ratings.