Old, decrepit dinosaur

>old, decrepit dinosaur
>ridiculous fees and slow, fucked up network
>supposedly on its way out to be replaced by technologically superior crypto

So then explain to me why the FUCK all these bankers set up bitcoin futures, fucking Goldman Sachs is setting up a trading desk just now. Are they just slow to the game? Government beurocratic process slowing these institutions down? Are they really going to pump their money into bitcoin now?? Find it hard to believe.

BTC is the only true decentralized crypto from its inception and will never be replicated. Buy some shit coins if you want fast transactions faggot. Remember, all altcoins are a jewish trick to steal your satoshis.

This x100.

>only true decentralized currency

That's just wrong. You can make another "decentralized" currency. Not like that isn't replicable. Keeping your money in BTC is like saying MySpace will be around forever. Paying over 30 dollars for a 100 dollar transaction?? Fucking LOL

i understand the argument for bitcoin as a store of value.

im interested in what you guys think about the exorbitant transaction prices as actually adding to the value i.e only the wealthy will utilize because normies will be scared of ~10$ transaction fees.

althought, the fees seem to be the main thing keeping the price down as its the main attack vector of most shitcoin enthusiasts, it does however allow me to accumulate. if and when LN gets pushed i suspect any and all major gains will be out of my reach.

How many decentralized currencies have been created?

(the answer is 1)

BTC has its issues, for now, and it's not 100% decentralized, but I can't foresee any other currency rivaling it's decentralization.

lol, so, what percentage of BTC supply own the top 0.1% of wallets, user?

>Are they really going to pump their money into bitcoin now?? Find it hard to believe.

You've been played and it was right in front of you the entire time. The ONLY reason to set up a futures market is to increase liquidity so big money can participate in the market yet manage their downside risk. Bitcoin is going to be the world reserve crypto currency because of math and economics. It's the only coin with organic liquidity, an already established infrastructure, and a futures market that n^x the organic liquidity.

Now that doesn't mean all crypto's are dead, I still hold useful coins, but you better own some BTC if you want to participate in the market.

Depends on what your criteria for decentralization is. No central ruling authority? How much influence do the developers have? Who controls the mining? All play a part in the political dynamics of the coin. Bitcoin has flaws just like any other coin. Worse because its age is showing quite heavily. I am convinced people like you only continue to support it because of an emotional attachment. There will be a successor

>bitcoin as a store of value

The fees are the price of security. Bitcoin as a is only useful for storing wealth. Use LTC for purchases.

BTC is great as a store of value because of brand, security, developers, and network size. The properties for store of value are second to none. At some point a second layer will make transaction costs reasonable, but no idea when. BTC still has a lot to do to achieve decentralization but at least they value it and it's a fundamental part of their philosophy. The game is still early.

It's impossible to create a decentralized currency now. Whales and early adopters will just buy up a large portion of the supply before it can reach critical mass. BTC has massive wealth inequality, but I don't see how any other currency could do a better job?

If BTC fails crypto is doomed.

If you really think BTC is decentralized, especially after installing the lightning network than youre a bigger cuck than my cousin pajeet

>(the answer is 1)

This is correct. BTC has the widest distribution of value of coins by a mile. They still have to solve mining centralization though.

The ruling class sure has yall figured out. We can choose any coin we want to be our currency, but instead you'll let the banks chooose for you. Great consensus guys, can't say I blame you.

Why can't we get a currency where everybody gets a coin. I want everybody to start with an equal amount, even nocoiners

the current BTC is not even decentralized. Go read satoshis orginal white paper and compare it to now. It is no longer peer to peer, its some sort of ugga bugga store of value hurr durr dumb made up ideas..

r/bitcoin everyone

Impossible. Even if it wasn't, whales would just buy up most of the supply. You can invent a coin with the fairest possible POW but you'll still end up with massive income inequality. Crypto is not going to solve that.

Tech is irrelevant.Decentralization is the only thing that matters. Anyone holding BTC (or mining) has a vested interest in making BTC successful.

It might take a while before we get cheap, instant transactions but it WILL happen.

If you think IOTA or Raiblocks will be the next world currency you're delusional.

decentralization has nothing to do with wealth concentration, faggot

The only way you will get cheap instant transactions is a cumbersome network overlayed on top of BTC core, issues with lightning network are already glaring. Surely you've seen this picture.

By the time a viable working solution is in order, what's stopping people from already having moved over their currency to something they can literally try and experience for themselves as a better product. IOTA and Rai have their own problems with shit like double spend. But their success shows people really do care about transaction time and fees. BTC is failing in its intended purpose as a P2P currency

Go ahead and create one then user, the world is waiting.

Satoshis white paper is a failed argument. Satoshi himself was a point of centralization. If not, he would not have left the project. This only strengthens bitcoin.

stop fudding Rai, theres no double spend vuln

Even if that's how LN works out, it will take a massive amount of load off the mainnet for us regular dicks to get our transactions through fast and cheap like they used to be.

First post best post
/thread

>Why can't we get a currency where everybody gets a coin

Are you really asking why everyone can't have the same amount of money? That's not really the purpose of money.

If it isn't decentralized it's not a better product. Most people are fine with banks, Paypal etc. There's plenty of innovation coming out in traditional Fintech too.

hope you guys realize the biggest chinese miners could collude and 51% you at literally any second

>Satoshis white paper is a failed argument.

bbuuuuuttt....that's muh bible.

And lose BILLIONS? I'm sure they're dying to do that.

>mining become unprofitable
>they slowly sell off
>massively short BTC
>51% attack, kill bitcoin and cash out a 2nd time
miners have way too much incentive to make bitcoin shit and they also hold all the cards

>Oy vey, deploy those bcuck shills quickly!
Dying shitcoin. Enjoy rebuying your alts higher after yet another failed rally :^)

>t.brainlet