If I was to write a setting that combined all elements commonly found in actual magical realms...

If I was to write a setting that combined all elements commonly found in actual magical realms, what would you say it should contain?
What have you experienced, what have you heard about, what would you want to put in your game and what have you caught yourself in?
After several brushes with the mods on counts of "off-topic", I'm of a mind to create a setting out of 100% "magical realm" elements and see if our local janny can deny it's RPG-related.

Other urls found in this thread:

yunia.online/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>all elements
wouldn't they cancel each other out?

I dunno, incest maybe? Knock yourself out, we already have FATAL and Corruption of Champions, those cover quite a wide swathe of the Devil's demesne.

I once snuck in some of my magical realm into a scenario once and got away with it, because it was very natural and not forced, made sense for the specific scenario, not to much attention was drawn to it amidst other chaotic things happening, and appeared to happen "by chance" even though I fudged the roll to make sure it happened. No one suspected a thing, and it fact it was hailed as one of the best sessions I've ever run.

I can't go into details about the specifics because I know people that post here, but it involved m2f tg tf.

Feels good to be bad man.

>m2f tg tf.
male-to-female traditional games transformation?

Men becoming female games is my fetish

Well let's throw in few I know - Pregnancy can fall into that category and heck I seen systems based on that entirely and they were a lot of fun to play (Mind you it is my thing and it came up in my games after one player asked if there character could start out pregnant)
Vore while odd one works for monsters surprisingly well if you make monsters digest you in most painful and horrible way possible.
Cannibalism - that one is easy just use halflings.
Harems - again cultural thing and some bird people and dinosaur people most likely practice either ones with many males or many females (As birds do have those)
Any sexual orentation imaginable falls into this
Traps - nature has those amongst lizards and snakes I believe so lizardfolk and lamias could have it.
Matriarchal societies - well that one is not even rare so easy to pull off.
Amazons - while folk here worked hard to make human ones, you can fix it by just making said amazons into something non-mammal or egg laying or mermaids and you fix main problem of them being out of commission due to pregnancy or you can add magic that makes so pregnant ladies are invincible in some manner.

There are more these are just few I could remember.

>If I was to write a setting that combined all elements commonly found in actual magical realms, what would you say it should contain?
I'd say all of them include an element of female fascination with men beyond what's plausible IRL. Even shit like vore often revolves around women eating men in a context that's specifically erotic.

Few other notable magical realms:
Fat people - Well this been seen in real world as show of riches or power so some culture having that is not impossible.
Tenticles - Well chuthulian stuff does exist...
Larger female/male etc - in nature there are loads of odd combos of sizes.
What else could be added to this list? As mine are mostly random ones that can exist in nature

Well my own experience is that sometimes magical realm comes up by accident sometimes - one of my cases was when GM gave us a lady with pregnancy expansion to deal with, so I sent my gnoll to ignore the devil and go check on that...

(I was expecting to see this to go into hilarious explosion of random suggestions, oh well I guess I will make my own thread for that later)

I'm at work, will add mine later

Oh then I will post some ideas here later (As I like this concept as last one I am still working on has my new favorite race there, which I helped to make)

>A village made of dried cum bricks.
>The villain switches gender every day
>A titanic wyrm is slowly eating the whole country...and you must venture inside its guts to bring back the parts that were eaten
>The king married 7 of his sisters but needs to get rid of most of them so that his favored son can succeed him
>Your character's mother was actually a succubus and now she's been ordered to seduce your PC by her evil devil overlord
>Everyone walks around barefoot because the ground is always soft and spongy
>Giants are always female and have to procreate with inanimate terrain to make babies
>Gods and goddesses are extremely promiscuous and fuck everything every week
>All potions are the bodily fluids of various humanoids and monsters (a mana potion is piss)

>"There sure are a lot of half-wolf, half-fox, half-rabbit, half-naga, half-everything critters running around this setting..."
>"The bard just finished his vacation."

You know what makes it worse? If you have it all in one pile and add some more, it stops looking so out of place and seem more like....a setting where some god of sex and hedonism got control of the world....

>Add enough internally-consistent fetishes and it starts looking like a regular fantasy world...
>Just like the Forgotten Realms...

Not sure how fetishistic Forgotten Realm is, no one uses it, but yeah?

>how fetishistic Forgotten Realm is
Extremely. Greenwood is a massive pervert.

For example, the 'festhalls' found in almost every major town and city? Those are brothels in Greenwood's original notes.

Genderswapping is a remarkably common one in Greenwood's notes, as is hot immortal girls.

all you have to do is give a 4-minute description of every notable NPC

Wasn't aware of that - Then this silly concept is ironically relevant to Veeky Forums - we are making a new Forgotten Realm

>hot immortal girls.
Correction: hot, naked immortal girls who love orgies.

>Forgotten Realm
Welcome to the Forgotten Magical Realms!

My fetish is reporting fetish threads

Child sex slaves.

Let's get back to OPs topic, go and post your magical realms (And I will start):
There are magical items that turn pregnant monster much more physically capable and protect there offspring from harm, protecting them as well - this makes some races really powerful....
Magic item is named "Band of The Immortal Womb" and is mass produced my a mad wizard from bones of dead humans.

This has more to do with Veeky Forums them most shit posting nowdays....

everyone on Veeky Forums loves to point out Greenwood the massive pervert, but honestly, his fetishes are pretty tame

Relative to /d/, sure. But not relative to normality IRL.

You say that but most people have fetishes so yeah....IRL people are just as weird as the internet....

>Casting cleric spells makes a body part grow bigger or smaller

>Cleric's go thiccer the higher level they are.

>All monsters have a 10% chance to "Just want to play with you" rather than fight in combat.

>clerics grow closer to their god's ideal form as they grow more powerful

not actually a bad idea tbqhfam

>Some monster races have fetishes for other monster races.

Really? I was not sure what to make that would be magical realm, so I just made something that was....sexy and in there god's power

>All races (except humans) can create hybrids using magical ritual that is easy to learn, including two females or even just one person.

>There is an ancient cursed womb dagger somewhere out there, made by mad wizards known in writtings as "Fa/tg/uys"

You need to find a reason why females only go barefoot. Nobody likes male feet, not even female foot fetishists.

>womb dagger
Que?

They'd be slowly turning into an avatar for their god, which would make sense as they become better and better to deliver their will as they level up.
Throw in ego death/brainwashing and you cross another fetish of the list.

Is this the true test to become an actual good DM?

Forcing people to go through your magical realm while no one suspects a thing?

Well if you can make so fetish is fun to play and everyone enjoyed it - you are then one heck of a GM

I want to seed the earth with new and terrifying life forms, and fuck them.

You could just use the setting of One Piece. That anime is pure fetish fuel.

>If I was to write a setting that combined all elements commonly found in actual magical realms, what would you say it should contain?
Kind of impossible to cater to ALL the Magical Realms if you ask me, but a good base would be magic users.

Magic, like Imagination, leads to a loss of inhibition and thus, eventually, pervertedness.

obviously furries and loli brothels

I don't consider him a pervert for his fetishes, I consider him a pervert for not being able to properly compartmentalize his fetishes and letting them bleed into his world building.

Wait wat xD

>Kind of impossible to cater to ALL the Magical Realms if you ask me,
This, pick some that fit together, go from there

Never experienced anything, never really put any in. I guess the closest I've come (which is still really far away) is that most of my NPCs have short hair, which I'm attracted to.

i do kind of want to include some cute crossdressing boys in one of my campaigns though

An entire village of pale skinned, black haired creepy people who may all secretly be witches and who can all contort their bodies in unnatural ways

Ah, I see you are a man of fine taste.

The archmage my party frequently works with has a maid who is actually a trap. No one in the party has noticed, and they probably never will.

He pounds that boipussy when the party is away

my fellow man of culture

Those could work.

>The Evil Druids of this land create new races on the whimp and kidnap other creatures to create populations of said creatured old fashion way.

incorporate this.

That's probably the easiest part if you're not a scaly.
The reason putting your own fetish in is hard is that you get too enthusiastic and end up going too much into detail/making your fetish characters infallible/getting creepily sexual.
Beastmen? No problem if you aren't a furfaggot.

I agree, this is why I can incorporate vore, femdom and so other fetishes easier because I myself don't find them appealing.

I did an ERP once where the main character was descended from aphrodite and was chosen to replace her, and she(and the general female ideal) were based what she found most attractive in women.

>2 eyes
that's not Boy.

Maybe that is Boy before the Black Templar broadcast?

>Driders spin best masks in the realm

Someone made it.

yunia.online/

You're welcome.

So yeah it seems best course of actions is to go with few magical realms and work from there. Well OP you got the idea, now get to world building, if you can't then I think I could try to make something decent from one or two magical realms

I want to murder you for that one...There are better words to write like "I am hungry!!" or "Get in ma belly"

I'll bump this once and then see where it goes. I have material, but one can always need more.

I unironically like the worm idea.

I can add myself too, I got some ideas from my...personal magical realms though mine are more like rituals, items and villains

There's always someone on this board who wants to hear your ideas, and in this case I'm one of them.
I think I thought up an idea that could excuse a lot of this stuff being in the same setting, too.

Well here is one of my ideas:
>There exists a mad wizard who makes magical items from bones of dead humans and elves - all of which are in some way, shape of form related pregnancy and thus liked by some of the monster races that have lost many of there numbers to so called "Good races".

No one is quite sure how this wizard looks like, though it been said that there minions often will be seen protecting pregnant women from danger.

Now to make an interesting character out of this wizard and perhaps even give him some appropriate minions?

What's this?

Teaching Feeling: Life with a slave I belive

>One of the minions of the mad wizard of bone crafting is odd construct, metal golems that look like a giant female specimen of one of monstrous races in some form of armor, with a magical tube attached to them to work as sort of womb for creating small flesh abominations from things the golem "eats" and used for defense.

One more horrifngly odd idea for the wizard idea of mine here:

Oh no no no no...

I'm amazed that Veeky Forums has forgotten the Womb Dagger.

Only fit for the most magical of realms.

I mentioned it just because I remembered it works here (Also great cursed item from roleplay stand point or to stop muderhobbos from killing people - when local psycho assassin gives birth to an small towns worth of babies, your players might reconsider there ways...)

Corporal punshment is still commonplace, with the man of the house keeping the wife and children in line. After 4-5, boys are generally punished in different ways. But girls are still spanked until they leave home.

In some families it's the woman who spanks the husband

Dang it I just gave myself an idea:
>Punishment for Murder is being turned into a woman of that species and giving birth to the ones they killed as part of resurrection ritual.

>War criminals are sometimes punished this way by other side or there own side.

little extra: If criminal confeses there crime, the pregnancy is speed up, if not it's full time one....

(Ok give me ideas for this odd crime prevention system in a city where people are known to worship god of fertility?)

So...I might have gotten an idea for a setting here, could you folk help out with idea:
The city has powerful temple to goddess of fertility in it, and thus any kind of murder is phorbiden here.

However if this crime is committed, powerful spell that surrounds the city is activated, casing killer to help victim to be reborn. If killer is female, they become pregnant with the victim, giving birth to them alive once more. If killer is male, they are turned into a female by this spell.

Those who go forth and confess that they killed someone to one of the priests gets an easier punishment - pregnancy is speed up and victim is born size of a baby and grow rapidly days after being reborn

If killer does not confess, pregnancy is of normal length and instead of normal size baby, d6 days after due date, victim is grown to size they were when they died and are born afterwards...

If multiple murders were committed, multiple pregnancys will occur, if number is too high - children will be born in litters.

What if a god's only into one gender and gets clerics of the opposite gender?
>slow-burn genderswap tf clerics

I like that idea. Could we combine it with my concept above for a city with odd punishment system, and make god with really odd cult?

Why not?
And why not throw in some holy prostitution while we're at it?

That's a pretty brutal punishment.

What's to stop them from going at it with a coathanger?

You don't often hear about evil fertility deities, but that gets pretty close.

Sure, and these prostitutes are of many races for variaity's sake.

And now a small dark turn - in actuality this "god" is just a silly anti-lich who uses there magic to create this cult because they liked the idea and wanted a city where necromancy is impossible.

Wouldn't that just get them pregnant again with the same baby?

Coathanger please explain.

And yeah I kind of like idea of this entity (maybe not even a god but a fey or powerful druid or wizard who hates necromancy) using there powers to create this city where everyone is on neutral ground.

I guess you keeping doing it until you get the fuck out of the city.

Coathanger = abortion.