How do you justify mecha musume in a sci-fi setting?

How do you justify mecha musume in a sci-fi setting?

You don't have to. If that's the aesthetic you want, just do it. If you really want to come up with some bullshit technobabble I guess you can, but if your group is on board with the premise then I doubt they'll care much about the explanation either. Don't worry about what nitpickers might say, just do what seems fun.

The tech is so advanced that they can put it in any form they want and the R&D team is full of weebs.

If it's even an 'issue' to have to justify it, you should probably avoid it in the first place.

How do you justify thinly-veiled fetish threads on a board about traditional games?

Holograms; propaganda pin-ups

How about you stop being a fucking NERD, you NERD, and post fetish images like the NERD you are, NERD.

>How do I justify mecha
YOU DON'T.
Doesn't matter if it's a girl with metal bits attached or a metal armour with a girl inside of it.

Do.
NOT.
Justify mecha.

You don't because it's a fucking stupid idea.

Have them be the GUI of the warmachine itself.

The girls are magic/ancient androids/etc. and can't be harmed by conventional weapons or G-forces, so there's no point in armoring them, just loading them up with weapons powered by said magic.

Don't think in terms of how they'd fight each other, but in how effective they'd be against conventional troops.

>He doesn’t like giant super fighting robots.
Look at this pleb and laugh.

I don't think he's saying they're bad, just that you shouldn't try to justify them, which I agree with. If you're doing mecha stuff, you're prioritising aesthetic and theme over realism, and that's fine. You can technobabble if you like, but it isn't really necessary, and nothing you say will ever really stop the nitpickers.

>make a scifi setting
>it does not feature smol robots with big LOYALTY

Okay, get this.

The world is in the rebuilding phase of a devastating war with aliens that humanity only barely held the line against. Virtually all real infrastructure is a glassy crater, and the planet is littered with crashed alien ships, the rubble of earth defenses, and the ruins of a much more advanced society that the surviving humans lack the knowledge or means to replicate.

The players are androids/cyborvs built from androids that have the ability to connect with and utilize the various peices of near-magical military hardware that litters the world. These weapons and upgrades are external to them, and very few were ever designed to actually be used by a person, so while you can carry around a battleship's phase cannon you are not getting a uniform set of armor out if the deal. Indeed, since most recovered technoligy requires the android to manually supply power using contact energy transmission (originally designed for charging portable appliances) which requires physical contact, heavy clothing or armor is a liability because it restricts your ability to quickly equip new gear on the fly. Obviously energy managment is a concern, battleship canons are rather outside your expected power expenditure. More than one or two shots without a recharge can drain you dry.

Its not a perfect solution, but it is a flexible one. In addition to normal pist apoc problems, some weapons platforms from the war (human and alien alike) are still active. And some aliens still survive on the surface. There may even be more aliens out there in space somewhere...

Didn't you know? You don't even need to try to justify or disguise these. Just look at the Monster Girl thread.

Niggah you tripping. I'm saying have your mechs. Don't bore everyone with your dumb ass justifications. That's not what we are here for.

Mechs are cool.
Justifications for them are not.

The mecha equivalent of pro wrestling. Hyper-advanced cybernetics, but done entirely for show. While out on the battlefields of the world mechs are fully armored and likely not even humanoid, here in the ring they're peripheral cybernetics for the greatest gladiators the world has ever seen.

Naturally, this means their all half-naked most of the time anyway.

You could just go full evatard and claim the technology for the giant robots is linked to the purity of the little girls soul. Of course, then psychological factors would end up playing a huge role in your game, which adds for feels and drama.

Just bite the bullet, admit you want to run erp, and do that with people who also want erp with mecha. Then you don't even have to justify it, it can be why you're all playing in the first place.

This actually sounds playable and kinda cool, setting wise.