>New Deviant preview
theonyxpath.com/variations-on-a-theme/
>General Creation Kit
mega.nz/#F!FWJgBTbb!f7d5rARWHYzuI8-8aI-Bxw

Other urls found in this thread:

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Phuri_Dae#Phuri_Dae
youtube.com/watch?v=tkLCi8lMAqo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Could a Hero Scion take on an elder vamp and win?

>All other Werechads are teachers with family
>Meanwhile'm a neet nearly 30 years old, with a girlfriend but no kids.
>I have to endure incels Magefags and Vampfags ruining every thread, alone, without pack, like a true Silent.

I've got a sneaking suspicion that this thread is gonna suck.

I'm sad you don't have a picture of a shotgun toting redneck for Hunter.

Like all Vampfags and Mageincels?

Shouldn't have put the title in the name field

Is there a worse idea than ethnic clans?
Pic related

The idea of ethnic clan is not bad.
It's just that gypsies are atrocious ethnicity.

The problem with ethnic clans is that how can you truly justify it? After thousands of years they should have diversified. Especially when talking about a wandering clans as them.

The indian Ravnos aren't much better than their gypsy cousins anyway.

The Ravnos are awesome, they get Chimerstry, Fortitude as in-clans, and have a particular brand of Thaumaturgy they can learn called Sadhana, which has the Path of Karma.

So, disciplines is the only good thing that they have?

What's so bad about them?

They're a lot better, just still trash. They'd almost be Assamites if not for all the KoTE ties.

>The indian Ravnos aren't much better than their gypsy cousins anyway.
>Thieves and street pooopers
Just like real life!

Their culture is resumed to being either gypsies or indians.
They even have castes.

It doesn't allow for much creative thought when creating a pc

>It doesn't allow for much creative thought when creating a pc

>week of nightmares, the Ravnos are reduced to ~100
>ravnos start embracing randomly to try to keep clan alive
>freedom to make your PC however you want regardless of stereotypes

Do you think the castes are devoid of personality and variety? its more like having resources dots and status dots, and its not like you are 'stuck' in your caste like a real person, you can pick it at character creation.

There's more freedom than in making a Giovanni. But neither of those should be PCs.

whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Phuri_Dae#Phuri_Dae

Read on the different ramifications of the Ravnos Antitribu and you'll see yours is a gross misconstrued simplification of their stereotypes

Didn't the Week of Nightmares get retconned?

But your clan at large is heavily focused on that system.
There isn't much freedom without being a outcast.
Bloodlines, the main clan is different. The stereotype will always exist.
Even their methuselahs have Indian backgrounds.

Do you not understand that the individual castes all have variety in them? You seem either ill informed or super racist.

Among Ravnos?

>Muh racism
For some brainlets, everything is racism

user complained that "after thousands of years they should have diversified", they did diversify hence the different offshoots of the Ravnos clan presented through different Antitribu.

>hurdur ravnos are all the same, but only if we consider those that were sired inline with the heritage/location of the clan's main body

Inasmuch as the Reckoning, Avatar Storm, Assamite schism, destruction of the Tal'Mahe'Ra etc were, the Storyteller is presented with the golden rule and the option to take what he likes, discards what he dislikes

>Is there a worse idea than large mythical families from ancient times having shared geographical origins?

For brainlets, all characters are stereotypes

Based

You're right

That would be the middle east

>makes the subject his username
>doesn't even link to previous thread
youtube.com/watch?v=tkLCi8lMAqo

Saved, I realy love Shadow Lords. Meanwhile, all the Silver Fags I know were spoiled faggots and retarded cunts, like all Lasombra players.

They are the true Alphas of the Garou Nation

All the shit I had to deal with for years

Like this:
Brujah >Shit weeb brainlet players, always.
Assamite > Few good player, the rest is weeb shit
Followers of Set >Fags brainlets most of the time
Gangrel >The same about Brujah, too stupid to play werewolf
Giovanni > Ok players, but some are idiots egocentric
Lasombra >Weeb retards, always, shit players incapable, they cry a lot (The story must be how I want!)
Malkavian > The same shit about Brujah, but "edgy" la reddit tier.
Nosferatu > Chads, always interesting players, unfortunately they are rare.
Ravnos > Brainlets like brujah, but a few smart players, they can sometimes be annoying as Lasombra
Toreador > Fags teen brainlets
Tremere > Weeb incels, but a few smart players
Tzimisce > Like Setitas
Ventrue > Like Giovanni, but can be like Lasombra too

As usual, Werewolf has more mature and socially developed players, with some exceptions in some tribes

The Black Furies > Fucking shit, cunt guys and "girls", but they are rare anyway.
Bone Gnawers > Like Nosferatu, really good players in 90% of time
Children of Gaia > Setitas, but more annoying and fags
Fianna > Shitty players, in 99% of time, really SHIT PLAYERS! Fucking cunts.
Get of Fenris > Brainlets, usually most Vampags that start playing Were choose this tribe. They are a bit of everything of shit about vampfags above. Like Brujah and Gangrel.
Glass Walkers > Others cunts, usually old and bitchs players or teen and dumb fags. Along with Fiannas, Silver and Fenris they are the worst.
Red Talons > Like Ravnos. They can be both shit players and some of the best players.
Shadow Lords > Good players ins 70% of time, looks like Giovanni. Some are like Lasombra (the shit ones)
Silent Striders > Like Nosferatu, some rare young dumbs, but usually attracts good players.
Silver Fangs > Lasombra or Setitas. Shit spoiled betas players, they cry if you don't do things as they wish.
Stargazes > Rares, like Ravnos.
Uktena > Like Tremere.
Wendigo > Like Assamita

Excuses for the mistakes, I'm drunk af.

Anyway, in all my years full of experiences IRL or virtually, Ventrue players> Lasombra
Or Shadow Lords > Silver Fangs.

The less popular usually attract the best players, Nosferatu, Silent, Bone Gnawers, etc.

The betas, brainlets, losers, ugly always want to be the powerfull handsome rich guy in game. My Nosferatu and Silent players are always handsome guys, with great jobs, normal lives. So they always came to play with ugly manlets poor bastards.

So I'm going to be running Requiem soon for the first time. I've got a lot of experience with Masquerade, but I've never played or run a CofD game before. Any advice, shortcuts, or tips you guys have for me?

Go play another thing, CofD sucks.

>ctrl+F wod
>no results found
>page through
>see the image I put a WoD logo on
JOY

Anyway I just realized that demons can use Hellhound to make Kemono Friends real.

Read Damnation City, its what makes Requiem "pop" as its own game

It's cause OP's a retard.

That was a really poor choice, because it was basically this huge, really stupid crossover. You had that silly fight between Gipsy Godzilla and three kung-fu masters, then you had the Technocracy fucking nuke everyone.

The whole idea of personal horror in Vampire sort of went out of the window with that. (It's worth stating that the Gehenna scenarios are just ridiculous, and make no real sense at all. The only one that's thematically linked is Wormwood, where the surprise is "So it turns out that all the power-struggles were for nothing.")

The other scenarios don't even have chances for the players to take any useful action! The one with Saulot has them basically get railroaded into the final confrontation, with Saulot saving the day. The PCs probably die right afterward.

The last one is just fucking weird.

Not arguing the above isn't SHIT --

but AKSHUALLY, with the one with Saulot, the PCs are required to be willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good (or even simple revenge), and to call upon whatever shred of humanity (or will to hold the Beast at bay, if there's *anything* positive about their Path) -- to pray to God as they are joined with the Tzimisce antediluvian but before their souls are devoured.

If successful, the PCs either wake up as humans actually a reward since now they can become archmages one day instead of shit tier withercucks or, OPTIONALLY, as some of the the last vampires, free of the Withering Curse, free of their (old) clan weaknesses, essentially as (implied) new 3rd gen clan founders.

In all respects I think this is the dopest ending in Gehenna. Even if you lose, The Thing takes over, and if you win, you are free of being a gay ass vampire or you become a dope antediluvian. Either way, a massive upgrade.

Can any of the Trinity Kickstarter backers post Part 2 of the Manuscript Preview? Thanks!

Stereotypes are the norm in WoD.
Just look at the Tzimisce

Why do you play with retards?

>The less popular usually attract the best players, Nosferatu, Silent, Bone Gnawers, etc.
Oh, the most popular has more retards. Who could know?

hey you stole a pic idea from meh
come here you filthy caitiff

>Anyway I just realized that demons can use Hellhound to make Kemono Friends real.
How?

Retard or a genious? It seems Magefags and Vampfags alike are not smart enough to find this, the thread is safe!

Click in the "search" button

how many of us wouldn't misuse vicissitude if we got it?

Why this thread is full of retards, user?

It would probably be more of a grimdark bestial cyber-abomination, but you can make the end result of cryptid creation as humanlike as you want.

Another, probably more fitting idea that comes to mind are pandoran style mockeries of other supernatural types; cyber-wolf beasts that feed on essence made of jagged silver, giant bat beasts that feed off vitae and have claws of razor sharp wood, and mana sensing, mana draining nega-mages with the counterspell numina.

Cryptids have really low dice pools for their rank, but they can be hella tough.

I'd be too rich to wanna misuse it. Of course, making futa catgirls might be considered "misuse" but to me that's more "make humans into sentient Christmas Tree ornaments"

What do you mean turning archmages into living rugs is misuse of Vicissitude?

Archmages' pelts are frail, stinky, moulting and tend to rot quite fast, even when living. Besides, as lick your chances to take one down are non existent, more or less. Unless you're power-hungry Tremere, but those bloody wankers are mages in all but name. Woofs make much better living rugs anyway, although I do so love stretching fairies.

If you succeed at the million to one odds that you can have an archmage subdued and at your mercy, you'd better keep him blood bonded, conditioned and entranced at all times and treat him nice to boot, that'd be more useful anyway.

However nice you'd treat the archmage, he'd still be a a-god-I-am jackoff. Just kill the bugger before he knows you're there.

Tzimisce have Auspex in-clan, Psychic Assault can mind-rape the archmage so hard that in a few turns he's reduced to one-rating Permanent Willpower (or less) and all his Spheres/Arete rating become capped to one-rating only.

There's no scion thread so fuck it. I'm having trouble understanding something from the Scion preview.

On page 104, where it talks about creating a path, it says one of the things a path needs is "Group, contact, and access connections" then talks about how you can get mechanical benefits from roleplaying in a way that supports the path...Or something. I might not have understood that right.

This isn't explained anywhere else, it's only built on or added to, but the thing it's building on is poorly explained and is barely there at all. I don't understand it and could use some help.

Good news. I'm currently in a discussion with higher ups over whether or not to pull /wodg/ from Veeky Forums permanently -- a banned topic

Chances are good.

You're a faggot

...why?

If it bothers you this much, just stop coming here?

Is this going to be Six Candles all over again

But I like it here?

Might seem like that to you but that's just the nature of denial, the crossover rules are clear and this will work 99% percent of the time, all the archmage can do is roll on the ground and cry

>resisted ability vs willpower vs an archmage, creature who's power stat is willpower limited and is also resisted by a level 2 spell
yeah sure Its def a for sure thing they'll win.

Killing is not guaranteed to work, and if you can mind whammy them with Psychic Assault, you can probably blood bond and condition them too.

Well if we're getting axed I might as well vent and confess.

Chronicles is a superior system in every conceivable way
Only Masquerade, Wraith and maybe Demon have superior lore
I enjoyed Changing Breeds
I played Beast a total of four times
Archmage beats Caine
Luna beats Archmage
There will never be cooler fictional fairies than the Gentry
Changeling: The Lost is stil to this day the best product to come of WoD
Vasilissa killing Baba Yaga was a retarded decision to make
Ur-Shulgi is literally the coolest fucking vampire to ever walk the sands
Black Hand is the dumbest shit
Vicissitude being a parasite from outer space is dumber still
I still don't like the Kuei-jin
The Avatar Storm was a necessary implement to bring Ascension back down to Earth
I met my ex wife at MET and do not regret it
Brucato is actually an interesting guy to talk to in real life
I tried playing Bloodlines and got bored after the ocean house
The Apocalypse game is going to be atrocious and you damn well know it
My heart will forever belong to the Salubri
I will think of more later

>resisted ability vs willpower vs an archmage, creature who's power stat is willpower limited
You can only get so many successes with a Willpower roll, which is extremely unlikely to beat the +15 successes any 5th generation vampire worth his salt is rolling

>resisted by a level 2 spell
Mage would need to at least have Mind 8 to even have a shot at his mind shield resisting Psychic Assault according to the majority of the crossover rules out there

Which rules? Archspheres are 2e and can be brought over to any damn iteration of owod. M20 even suggests (and suggests not to) this.
A discussion of archmages ejaculating their magical jizz comes down to whether or not you use crossover mechanics or not and which edition you prefer.

I'll bite, how are you getting 15 successes on a dice pool that is probably 18ish? Brain potence?

Why are you samefagging?

>Mage would need to at least have Mind 8 to even have a shot at his mind shield resisting Psychic Assault according to the majority of the crossover rules out there
That's not how archmastery works. A mental shield is its successes not its dots.

Why are you samefagging?

>That's not how archmastery works. A mental shield is its successes not its dots.
You can whine but that's not true, not according to the majority of crossover rules on power contestation

Masters of the Art, Chaos Factory, Blood Treachery, Vampire's Storyteller Handbook, and half of the crossover rules on Mage's Storytellers Handbook

If you use the other half of the rules on Mage's Storytellers Handbook it just takes a little longer (few more turns) because a mind shield would erode regardless given the nature of Ablative Successes

I only come here for the mage vs vamp shitposting

I don't disagree, but when you argue this sort of thing you should cite which proto-CoW rules you're going by.

Personally I think vampires fighting archmages is always a stupid idea, since archmages are just about the only kind of supernatural that can *always* be outlived (the permanent paradox timebomb)

Supplements? Those aren't mandatory. The only mandate rules currently in play are from 20th anniversary editions.

Masters of the Art DOES have contesting rules built-in, so there's no avoiding that one, only it largely favors Archmages when Paradigms/purviews are in play.

>Archmage beats Caine
>Luna beats Archmage

I'd make a stronger case of an Archmaster molesting Luna than Caine, not that both stand at chance when theoretics are involved.

>only it largely favors Archmages when Paradigms/purviews are in play.

Really? MotA's system is dicepool vs dicepool.

No, it really doesn't. On Masters of the Art it goes rating vs rating instead of successes, and it even uses a vampire with Dominate 6 with hundreds of years of experience as an example of what could pierce the protections of an archmaster of Mind.

Not even then, MotA's system is dicepool based only if the ratings are equal, it just so happens it's much more likely statistically for powerful vampires to have high ratings on Disciplines (and bigger dicepools) than it's for an archmage to have on Spheres. By the rules there an Antediluvian with Dominate should be able to bypass the protections of an archmage with Mind 9 without any contestation.

Yeah, we have a proposed system for an archmage beating Luna (something vaguely like; she has WP 25 and you have to beat her in a contested WP roll) in the Horizon realm book, there's not really a proposed system for dealing with Caine.

With True Faith 10, WP 10 and True Wuv an archmage would have a relatively decent shot at controlling Luna with the Spirit 6 rules. Not amazingly so, but its something I could see happening.

There are no proto clash of will rules you retard. That vampire power has a contested roll in the rules for it.

>m20
Kill your self.

Mostly. Dicepool vs Dicepool with the relevant power-stats. Discipline/Sphere/whatever

Yes. Yes they really do favor Archmages as long as they're outside of the Paradigm.

Story comes first. Like anything, really.

>There are no proto clash of will rules you retard.

Plenty have been cited.

>and it even uses a vampire with Dominate 6 with hundreds of years of experience as an example of what could pierce the protections of an archmaster of Mind.

That would be because it's within the bounds of the purview, yes. And assuming they've equivalent dots.

It also says to let thematic things work like mental shields. And why do Vampfags think they can just use the power an infinite amount of times in one turns with no other actions? The mage gets an action too, and has extremely potent access to his normal non archmastery spells which have been used to wipe out antediluvians before (Correspondence 3 lol)

Not for this one ability the conversation is about, some retard brought up the same thing in the last thread and also never read the power. I just assume you are the same retard being retarded.

You guys are arguing with the same vampfag arguing that dodge rules as they're written can enable characters to stop time and jump a hundred yards

Just don't respond. He literally cannot comprehend vampires dying to anything.