Dungeon World General

Hey folks, didn't see one of these. Post all DW or PbtA questions, discussions here.

I'll start-ups do we fix the druid class? Using holds to get auto kills seems OP, in my opinion.

dungeon world is shit

Go back to your NAT20GUIZEOMG you fucking troglodyte.

I'd like to rephrase that as a question:

How do you stop DW from being shit?

Don't play a Barbarian that gropes Vampires because stabbing elves is his fetish.

More seriously, play a different PBTA game. Dungeon World is basically the d20 Modern of PBTA games.

>Using holds to get auto kills seems OP, in my opinion
you can't generally use the druid shapechanging to do that though

>How do you stop DW from being shit?
you use the Perilous Wilds supplement so the game actually has mechanical focus, then you replace the wizard and cleric with the mage and priest from this set of alternate playbooks

>you use the Perilous Wilds supplement so the game actually has mechanical focus
Does Perilous Wilds fix the stats, basic moves and experience?

What is a good pbta fantasy game? OP is obviously not related, and I've tried World of Dungeons. Is it the only one?

>you can't generally use the druid shapechanging to do that though

This. Using a hold will let you perform a move without rolling, but that doesn't translate to auto-kill.

Also, I predict this will be a useful and productive thread! Pic related.

no, but it does introduce mechanics which flesh out the exploration and collaborative worldbuilding, turning DW into a decent 'exploring and creating a fantasy world as a group' system.

Apocalypse World: Fallen Empires. All the fantasy with none of the incompetence.

>Dungeon World is basically the d20 Modern of PBTA games.
care to explain?

It does auto kill though. If you shift into a boa constrictor and use a hold to swallow a goblin whole-van, it's done. Auto kill

Another example. It's in the nature of a crocodile to snap necks. Use a hold to snap the hobgoblins neck. Boom, done. Hobgoblin dead with a broken neck.

Shame it's impossible to acquire legally.

By making a fantasy themed narrative game thai isn't based on shitty dnd dungeoncrawl tropes.

>Narrative game
I think I've found your problem

But I like dungeoncrawling tropes.

He said shitty ones.

Add variable difficulty to roles. Would need to be much, even 2 more would suffice. Also, cut the filler out of the manual to reduce its length by 80%, and add a section on how combat between characters works

>look it up
>first move in first class starts with "when you and another player have sex"
No, i'm not interested in your erp simulator.

rolls, rather. Rather than use 7 for partial success and 10 for ull success, have 5 and 8, 7 and 10, and 9 and 12

I poked through Dungeon World and it didn't exactly wow me. Are there any PbtA fantasy games oriented around doing more general fantasy, preferably Sword and Sorcery along the lines of Howard, Leiber, or Moorcock?

With a caveat; I'd prefer if it can work for a single player/DM setup or if the party splits up.

>when you and another player have sex
>not character
>player

An abortion of a game that goes against everything the system does well in an attempt to ape another game

It's the correct way to play.

Advanced World of Dungeons could probably do those okay. Better than DW at least

Perilous wilds and Fallen Empires have already been mentioned. Perilous wilds does more of an epic fantasy journey, Fallen Empires does more of a 'post roman empire collapse grit drama'.

There's also Fellowship, which I hear good things about for an epic heroism journey style, and Freebooters On The Frontier which does more of a high fatality osr-adjacent approach. There's probably more. Most hacks of Apocalypse world aren't that great tho.

Single player is really far from what pbta is good at though. Might be worth taking a look at Space Worm vs Moonicorn and seeing if you can run that as a two player game. Any/all of them should work fine with a split up party though.