What is the opinion of Veeky Forums about Maro Rosewater?

I've always had mixed opinions about him, as a fold player, he is like an old fren, I used to read his bullshit in 2003 for exemple.
I always knew he was a jew, but this was never too problematic for me, he always made it clear how white is bad for being fascist/communist.
I think maybe he's part of the current problem, but I also think he's the only hope for the game.

>Maro Rosewater

He's a shill who actually gets paid for it unlike the fuckers at reddit and this place

He has some biases but I agree with most of his sentiments.

I like Maro, but jesus fuck what is wrong with his voice, did a chipmunk crawl down his throat and die?

Also shitty /pol/ thread, fuck off

>Also shitty /pol/ thread, fuck off
Foda-se, otário branquelo.
And you're going to be sad, but maybe the reason his voice is like that's because he's a jew...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is some really really clumsy false-flagging, probably carried out by a janitor

As a Nazi I like him well enough, he has some good ideas and some bad ideas and is well suited to a "spokes player" role. Him and his Magdalene friends from the order of the Eastern Star just need to tone down the Tikkun Olam narrative and stop farming loosh from kids. This is supposed to be a game for teenagers. They came in once all the protective pentagrams and sigils were torn out and replaced them with the horns of baal moloch on a sacrificial Egyptian plane and started marketing at s younger demographic. If soccer moms knew more about magical symbolism they'd be flipping their tits and demanding the return of pentagrams in all the art their kids look at. Wizards of the Coast is currently controlled by mere liches attempting to turn a goddess of the printing press into their phylacteries. Now that it has woken, Mark Rosewater and his ilk must be brought into harmony with the egregore they created, and balance must be restored to her.

Mark Rosewater requires people to say no to him and a tight leash, but he produces good work, and all schools of thought deserve inclusion in such a game as Magic.

Gaia, this is so annoying. Why newfags always try to turn a thread into political shit?

I just want to know Magic players opinion about Maro, as I said, I don't care much about Maro being jew.

>No Magic
>In a game called Magic
Lich, please.

Oh man, I used to read his articles every week on DailyMTG. I occasionally thought he was a moron, but whatever, the insight from those articles was something else.
Then I heard him talk at PAX or wherever they first revealed that Innistrad's gimmick would be DFCs and I was never able to read his articles again.

>Maro Rosewater
God fucking dammit, OP.

You deserve to be banned

He's an autism too entrenched in corporate culture to be able to just tell people to fuck off so he can make his puzzle game.
I am genuinely envious of how much joy he has when he talks about his job.

(((Maro)))

that's called marketing, you subhuman.

either way, i can't stand listening to his voice for more than a minute or so.

He's hardworking and the 'his' shit we put up with comes down from on high. He's a good effigy to direct hate at though.

He’s a man caught between shitty upper execs who know he’s good pr and so dump the sleaziest pitchfork raising announcements to him; and those fucking garbage design and development and Creative writing teams beneath him who are the real fucking hacks at their goddamn job; unable to balance a goddamn format, craft fun Limited environments and write competent stories. I give him some flak but the truth is he’s also being punished by his superiors as well as his underlings. Fuck Jackie Lee

Here is my opinion of him

ThisI wish he'd write more flavortexts though, he did write some flavor texts that's better than most of the last 4 sets

i don't know what kind of shills you're talking about but the ones present on Veeky Forums get paid per reply and thread and this isn't news

This man is so Reddit his face actually looks like a fat Fawkes mask.

I can only assume he approves of the writers for story articles, so I'm not a huge fan of the man.

>hates 'legendaries matter'
>probably the only gratification in wasting my money cracking random packs is getting some neat card of a character or something of narrative importance.
I miss almost miss Kamigawa.

I completely disagree on some of the things he wants to push (phasing out the legend rule, getting rid of fizzling, creatures: the tappening)

I don't know enough about what he's actually doing in RD to have a more constructed opinion though. If Dominaria brings back blocking as a mechanic, which seems to have dissapeared a little bit, I guess they're doing fine

>Getting rid of fizzling
>No legend rule
W-What. Can I get some sauce on that, I'm not even sure how'd that work/make sense everything-wise

I fucking hate nWo, but I can't blame just him because he has openly said that making the game simpler is a mandate from higher-ups.

Its true, user, he really likes his job and it's always admirable. But he still complains about puzzle games? I really hope he gets seriously involved in the next blocks in Dominaria. I fucking love Rath block.
Thanks for contributing in my thread, reddit.

>getting rid of fizzling
Fizzling has never existed. Do you mean spells checking target legality upon resolution? Because that would be fucking dumb and make any spell that gives hexproof instantly unplayable.

>getting rid of fizzling
>blocking seems to have disappeared a little bit
What the fuck are you talking about

These posts read like they're being generated by a bot; an AI that is close to but not yet perfected.

Seriously, you people are just reading the title and posting in response.

>Maro Rosewater

Oh what amazing new worlds of shitposting we have reached. Is it a Jeremy-/pol/ster trying to start another shitstorm thread withoit having done any research? Is it somebody who has never played magic trying to get in on the shitfling? Maybe they're just retarded? The world will never know.

>Maybe they're just retarded?
I mean... isn't that kind of a given?

>Muh /pol/ bogeyman
Fuck off, hon. We're just talking about MaRo. Nothing about Jeremy or e-celeb shit.

>I wish he'd write more flavortexts though
No. Nononononono. Do not ever let Maro write another piece of flavor text. Shit like Gorilla Titan is not funny.

>I knew he was a Jew but I never thought it caused that much of a problem

Yeah, boogeyman, totally. No /pol/ shitposting here people, just good old fashion Veeky Forums anti-semitism! Classic hallmark of traditional games really.

I'd take Maro over what we're getting now. Hell, I would even take Duel Masters flavor text over it.

He wrote great things in the past.
Sure, newfag. English is my third language, but I definitely seem to understand better what the OP meant, faggot.

I think he wants it so that when one target becomes illegal, the entire spell doesnt fail, just the target part

Deal 1 damage to a target, draw a card would not deal the damage but would still draw the card when the target becomes illegal

MaRo wants to make Magic more brainlet,
>Threshold it's too complicated for our players to understand
Other than that, I don't know what else he might be doing wrong, because I usually take big breaks of the game. Can anyone tell me what he might be doing?

>anti-semitism!
Oy Vey! Sorry sweetie, but this is Veeky Forums. You can go back to your hugbox in reddit. Now shut up, be humble, I'm not a white whore like you, I play Magic since 2001 and in my country I had to kick other kids so they would not steal my fucking cards.
Fuck off with your liberal shit, keep quiet and nobody here is going to talk about Hitler, Trump or Pinochet.

So you are not only a stupid /pol/ faggot but you are also underage dumbass.

Is this pasta?

>Punished Maro

Very much of this, but let's not forget he is working on those sets too, you can't just exent him for the mistakes. Also fuck jackie lee.

>Fuck off with your liberal shit
>Literally admitting to being a /pol/tard after being called out for being a /pol/tard
>also from 3rd world shithole apparently

Listen sandnigger, I don't care about naughty fucking words. I care about retarded shit for brains Mein Kampf humping faggots coming into the fucking TRADITIONAL GAMES BOARDS and throwing your spergy /pol/ tantrums in a space you're not supposed to be. If I wanted to get fucling redpilled I'd go to your board, but I come HERE to talk about games. Not jews. Not roasties. Not incels, niggers, or any other fucking buzzword you cucks want to come up withx and I'm going to call you fucking apes out every thread I can till you fucking go back to r/thedonald where you belong. We have a fucking /pol/ board for a reason.

He's been with MtG for a majority of its life so he has at least a halfway decent understanding of what he's doing.
If you can pry him out of his Wizard's mouthpiece role you can tell he actually pretty experienced in high level game design (look up his GDC talks). That being said I disagree with him on a fundamental level over some of the directions he wants to pull Magic but he's entitled to his opinion.
The real tragedy is that for some reason developers/playtesters/designers are no longer allowed to have their own opinions, instead everything must be filtered through him as the official Wizard's mouthpiece. I don't think MaRo is responsible for even half as much as he's blamed for, but on the other hand I lose respect for him for completely falling in line with his role as scapegoat for every fuckup RnD accomplishes.

What has Jackie Lee done?

>I always knew he was a jew, but this was never too problematic for me, he always made it clear how white is bad for being fascist/communist.

So fucking redpilled, upvoted my friend.

Seconding this. More info on the Hasbro cult plox.

>Maro Rosewater
Nice. It gets (you) bumps until actual answers come by. I'll remember that.

i dont like him. mtg needs new blood

He is a pretty shit designer but people blame him for shit that's not his fault

I used to really look up to him and then he became an sjw enabling doormat who forgot how to design a set

He's too friendly for his own fucking good and whenever he's not he seems super full of himself

If I were him I would make it so that MtG is targetted to children.
Sexy, sexy children.

At the beginning of the game, a properly background-certified privilege checker assesses your level of privilege, amd the more privileged player has to apologize to the less privileged player and then their starting life total is reduced to ten (5 to the other player, 4 for their hate crimes, and 1 for Israel). Then the first ten of their cards are given to the least privileged person in the room. Then, the following rules are enacted:

Permanents only untap every third turn.

All damage is reduced by 2 from every permanent and spell.

The more privileged player has to ask permission to attack; if the opponent says no, then the more privileged person must give over control of their creatures.

Additionally, you can be arrested for rape if any of your creatures depict a strong, independant womyn in anythi g but a commanding role.

>i'm not /pol/ you leftist cucks
>now shut up and let me fill up the thread with soyboy memes and trump macros in peace

You should just try talking to girls. I know it's intimidating right away, but like anything else in life, the more you practice, the better you'll get and the easier it will be.

It was funny the first time, but now it's just "that thing that one guy reposts in every mtg thread".

Wrong, and reddit always uses age as "argument" btw

Shut up, kike.

He's a smart game designer imo. I like reading his theory articles.

New blood? Who? He at least loves the game, the other guys there do not care about colorpie.

You who are bringing politics, hon

MaRo is a fucking archmage. He needs other people of his caliber around to argue with. Can we borrow Grant Morrison from Heavy Metal for a year?

This just sounds like a challenge for a more experienced player. I'd play this format.

>Thanks for contributing in my thread, reddit.

You know how I can tell you're not from Veeky Forums? You have a hateboner for reddit

See, Veeky Forums doesn't give a shit about reddit. We have other enemies like /v/ to contend with

Cry more you underage /pol/ retard that smells like socks

>RIP in peace

>Oy Vey! Sorry sweetie, but this is Veeky Forums. You can go back to your hugbox in reddit

God fucking damn it. Veeky Forums isn't "le buthole of le internet". You're making the same mistake as millions of newfags before you.

Veeky Forums isn't /b/, Veeky Forums isn't /r9k/, and Veeky Forums most certainly isn't /pol/. Those boards get the most representation on reddit and ED (which you seem to have read prior to coming here), but they are probably the least indicative of actual Veeky Forums culture

>the more you practice, the better you'll get and the easier it will be.
Lies!

>He's a shill who actually gets paid for it
It's not shilling when you are the face of a whole department within a company.

You understand that's not how privilege works right?

It’s not some weird social reparations from individuals for perceived past crimes against minorities or something. It’s just a way for you to count your blessings and juxtapose a situation, usually one in which you are harshly judging someone. I know I’m basically wasting my time here but fuck it.

You can be poor and still be more likely to get certain jobs based on how white your name sounds on a resume. You can be bullied and still be less likely to be stopped and frisked if white. You might have to worry about your dad’s cancer but you also don’t have to worry about showing your birth certificate to ICE unless you’re brown. Assuming you have functioning legs, you can take the stairs, even if you can’t take the constant untreated depression you suffer. All of these are a form of privilege which is to say: a way society has shaped itself to benefit some people more than others based on arbitrary and idiotic principles.

No one is diminishing your personal plights by talking about the ugly “p” word. You can just be like “FUCK RAMPS AT THE STORE, JESUS CHRIST” that’s your motherfucking LEG-HAVING privilege to be upset about it. Someone with bad legs might appreciate a less harrowing journey to buy milk. “Checking” privilege is a pretty fucking stupid term but mostly because it’s now viewed to mean the same as “I’ll pray for you” or some other similarly pious statement. Nevertheless its intention is to remind one that their opinions on a topic are probably colored by their own life experiences being less relevant in the area (keeping the stairs example: you don’t have the best insight on public accessibility. That’s just logic).

Here’s the key: If you see someone using language like this to attack them for being white or male or whateer, then just ignore that ignorant hotpocket. They mean nothing and no serious academic is going to buy into their bullshit twisting of the rhetoric.

I hate /pol/fags as much as the next guy, but jesus fucking christ you need to get that stick out of your ass

>the most popular boards who got so much exposure that they made to the news are not Veeky Forums
>my niche board with

>Veeky Forums Veeky Forums Veeky Forums /g/ have little to no influence sadly.
That's what you think. Veeky Forums runs the secret society that runs the Nazis and the Hebrew mafia and makes them fight to distract everyone from our deep sea and deep space programs.

I've heard he hates the Reserve List and how much the game costs in general, buy can't comment on it now with corporate. Anyone know if this is true?

>I am genuinely envious of how much joy he has when he talks about his job.
That's his job, he's not really joyous. How naive are you exactly?

>Maro