>media.wizards.com/images/magic/tcg/resources/rules/MagicCompRules_21031101.pdf

>METAGAME
>implying

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

>Thread Question
Which card(s) has surprised you from Rivals? Good or bad

Some user posted this list yesterday and I thought it was stupid and gay, but I've been playing it on MTGO and 4-1'd a league, losing only to Grixis MtgGoldfish.

Actually feels really strong. Anyone have good sideboard ideas? Especially for midrange/control matchups. 4x Bontu's definitely feels like too many, for starters.

>thread topic
after today, my nigga TETZIMOC

forgot list durr

Thoughts?

Still not convinced that it's worth the current price. Maybe it's so much better than I think it is, but I'm glad I sold mine.

25 dognuts for a card that wont see play In any deck (after its not played in any deck in the pro tour) you could literally just put the money in your ass and get more mileage out of it, it will be $3 in a month and only because its a mythic

I don't see it. Maybe there's a Modern deck it fits into but I don't see it impacting Standard in any meaningful way.

>Which card(s) has surprised you from Rivals? Good or bad
Radiant Destiny was one 1-drop white vampire from being BUSTED.
Reckless Rage is disgusting, I hadn't seen so many Ripjaw enrage triggers in the same match before.
Journey to Eternity is extremelly easy to flip and will force us to play Silent Gravestone eventually.

Other than that the set is meh.

literally jsut taking the banned cards out of sultai energy, putting in verdurous gearhulk and some counterspells and calling it a day.

>Verdurous gearhulk in a format where Abrade is played frequently
How would you fix your mana though?

uh, the mana base from sultai energy was fine.

Dies to two Elesh Norns.

>Are the current prices inflated?
Yes.
>Is GR Monster one of the strongest decks in the moment and to some credit because of this card?
Yes.
>Will it be a staple for many red decks after the rotation?
Probably yes.
>Do I really need a whole playset?
Yes.

Got my playset before release for 60$ and to this point, I don't feel buyer's remorse.

>hey maro how do we get the hearthstone players???
>i have a GREAT idea!! SMORC!

Ixalan was a mistake.

>tribes
RETURN TO LORWYN WHEN

i'd be ok with this
treefolk best folk

this
so much fucking this
treefolk is my favourite mtg tribe and it fits green so well, it's a shame most people don't enjoy them
If Ixalan was actually a success chances may be there. But it's still a 7 on the Rabiah scale, so I don't expect anything for the next 5 years at least.

>Get Arena invite
>It won't launch
>Go to forums to report
>Can't log in cause no password
>Where do I get a password?
>In Arena after launch

Is WotC so bad at tech on purpose?

their customer support is dece but yeah game is pretty wonky right now.

Who the fuck runs Mirror Gallery?

Man fuck the Rabiah scale. I want to go back to Lorwyn now! How often does MaRo update it?

is there any UR artifact deck in standard? i don’t care about jank; this is just for messing around with cards outside of the meta.

>playing
Mono-White Monument because I'm lazy and I had it from previous standard.
>hating
The meta, WotC, the playerbase, energy, and everything about Kaladesh except for the fastlands.
>brewing
Legion of Dusk theme deck & Yahenni from the Sonic the Hedgehog Franchise

I need one of these fuckers for a collection I have, but I actually really like it as a card.

Made a fun black blue deck focusing on artifacts and god damn is it fun. I’m super casual btw

I feel like killing myself for not picking some up for 6 dollars during preorder season. R/G monsters looks really fun but I have nothing for it but a glorybringer or two.

Jadelight Ranger is amazing but the more I play with it the less I see it on a merfolk deck

Kumena pm the other hand is busted. I hope it goes down in price so I can get a couple

And yeah, nobody fucking expects ghalta ever

>tfw haven't gotten to do any drafts of RIX yet because no draft last week and this FNM's EDH
>LGS isn't selling singles because sub-100k populace city
>just want to try some of the new fun cards for standard and EDH

Just ordered almost every card for my B/G explore deck and only one card was missing from the order. I figured there's no way I wouldn't have it because it's a shitty uncommon and I drafted a lot of Ixalan.

tfw you don't have that 4th copy you need to complete your deck for FNM

I want to play a -1/-1 Wither themed deck. What are some essential cards? And generally good tips

overrated and overpriced.

I've been trying to build a UR ixalan-only deck that uses treasure tokens to ramp into big red dinos. But I have been having consistent problems with card draw. What are the best options?

That is, ixalan only as in the blue k of course not the set (no amonkhet, kaladesh)

PRINT

BANDING

IN

STANDARD

ixalan constructed is a fucking disaster, thanks rena

Scorpion god, that dude making all your burn spell have "wither" (fun fact, the -1/-1 counters are put INSTEAD of damages, so you don't trigger enrage).
Then I guess lots of burn spells and nest of scarab

if the only counterspell related deck that ever gains meta prominence is grixis it might level out at 15. otherwise its trash.

The fact that this is a warrior and not a rogue really burns me up inside.

But user, even YOU don't know how banding works.

oh wow
yeah that's weird

>Fatal push and ravenous chupadupa

I wonder why

how do I build BX control? im thinking white and blue