/hhg/ - Horus Heresy General

Rogal Dorn edition

Last Thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed)
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Iron-Warriors-Legion-Tyrant-Siege-Terminators
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The HH Weekender starts tonight/tomorrow. What are you hoping to see?

>Alpharius versus Dorn

Alternate angles and hopefully builds of Dorn. Would like to see more of that bolter.

Sisters of Silence character/unit, hopefully Krole. I also want to hear that Malevolence is just Angelus renamed.

I kill myself if they fucked up Valdor. Hopefully we will see some artworks from the next DA/BA book.

Emperor Titan for 10000$

Can we all agree thay Konrad Curze was the most redpilled primarch ever?

Did he actually, though? Eidolon defeated the White Scars champion 1v1 but that didn’t involve leadership skills. The Khan’s fleet was so hopelessly outnumbered that anyone could have beat them in void battle.

Wraight is based. One of my favourite characters in the whole series was that EC duelist who was annoyed by how degenerate his legion had become. I wish we could see more of the IIIrd before they got Slaaneshed.

>not Ferrus

I think we saw rather a lot of the model from the video, desu.

Ah, thanks.
What do you think of the bolter?
I think it looks tacked on in multiple senses.

>Literally named Iron
No, he's pathetic.

Dorn is fist in Gaelic.

It should have a holster or something putting it in place, instead of just being maglocked to his thigh. If (when) I get it, it's either getting repositioned somewhere else on his waist (maybe under his cape or something), or getting set on the ground at his feet.

Or held in his hand.

How does my reposed calthtemptor look? Still needs some cleanup

Good, if slightly "tippy toes" for a dreadnought. In-person does it feel like he's walking with weight?

Yes, it's just the camera angle

And Welsh. And Breton.
>People bitching about lack of Prussian moustache
>Primarch is a Celt
Dornetorix when ?

As a name, Rogal Fist is much better than Iron Hands

Iron Hands, the primarch of the Iron Hands legion truly had a will of iron. Not only Iron Hands had a iron will, but he also had iron hands that he used to shape iron weapons. I wonder what was relationship with the Lord of Iron.

Valdor, Krole, information that Angelus/Malevolence is almost ready.
Impossible tier
Faq for Inferno

I thought Dorn, and the Imperial Fists as an extension, were supposed to be mid to late medieval Teutonic Knights- hence the Black Templars.
Or just Germanic Knights as a whole.

That's a limited view, a stupid view (if forced as THE defining feature of them).
I don't even think they're teutonic knights, I think of them more as like the namesake of their knightly spin-off, the Templars. But the overall Imperial Fists are defined by the psychology more than their ethnic or pseudo-ethnic origins, which are supposed to be extremely diverse as recruiters from Terra and the whole galaxy.

>tonight/tomorrow
Dunno how much we'll see in the Friday evening session, but maybe we'll get lucky. Anyway, mainly I want to know more about Malevolence, but would like to see some more sisters stuff, especially cyberdoggos.

- custodes weapon upgrade kit
- SoS pursuer upgrade kit
- Valdor
- Krole
- progress report on Malevolence
- Adeptus Titanicus
- new Solar Auxilia shit (as unlikely as that might be)

I've always thought the Teutonic Knights chapter were the Dark Angels, at least in aesthetic

Pre-heresy DA are definitely TKs.
Post-heresy they're a bit more like the lies told about the real Templars.

But that's the way it has always been isn't it?
One loyal and one heretic Legion for each style.

What’s a better investment, a trio of Medusas or Vindicators?

I’m struggling to see much variance

Didn't the DA aesthetic used to be like native american or something similar in the early days.

carrying on the thought of post-heresy DAs being the lies they told about the real Templars
>worship a head called Baphomet
>they get mystical advice from it
>Luther is their equivalent of Baphomet
>Baphomet is likely a corruption of the name Mohammed, as in the prophet

>Dark Angels are space Muslims confirmed

It has changed a fair bit. The native american aesthetic would have been when Deathwing and the expansions for Space Hulk came out, in around 1998, I want to say?

In more recent art, it has changed though. This art would have been made by 2004 by the latest

Valdro, Krole, Custodes spears, Sisters upgrades, Scoria, Alpharius, Sanguinius, or something like that.

But probably will get more knight heads or rhino doors.

Aryan Injun Dark Angels best Dark Angels.

Should I base coat my thousand sons with gold or gunmetal/silver like forgeworld does. Before using tamiya red. I hear some people prefer the gold dont know what looks different about them

Yes.

I always thought they are supposed to be some kind of space conquistadors or such.

Adding onto all that, is anyone from here going to the HH Weekender?

For a minute I thought I had read Deathwank.

Depends on your army style - Medusa’s for a static gunline (and it must be defended from deep strikers), Vindicators if your entire army will be moving, and/or if you have a lot of Rhinos (target saturation). If you get to Outflank vehicles for any reason, definitely Vindicators.

Gold base on left, silver on right. (Not mine)

>mixing metallic and matte purple on the same model
Bold move. I’m not a fan of it at the moment but I’ll withhold judgement until the model is finished.

I’m not seeing any injun here.

Hmmm

Nice work brother, these Allarus parts fit very well ! I love your purple, how did you get it ?

(Here is a WIPstodes of my own)

I meant in that particular picture. It was a weird pic for that post.

>Tfw your a red/gold fag
>But respects blue and Purple Custodes.
The body work I think is bretty good, just weapons tend to be meh.

I respect all Custodes except gold and blue. Go back to AoS.

>Has never played AoS

nice picture
youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

>Custodes
>anything but gold
get out.

>cuckstode faggots are aosfaggots
shocking

Its a candy purple using a metallic base and applying Minitaire Ghost Tint Purple over the top in thin layers. Its similar to Tamiya clear, but easier to work with.

I Envy your NMM; I truly do not have that level of patience

Thanks user, I'Il give it a try on some EC I have.

Delete this.

Thanks ! It's actually my first time dealing with NMM and I was really scared about the result. It DOES take a lot of time but I'm enjoying it so far, you really can obtain a lot of effects I found hard to get with metallic paints.

Gold and blue as opposed to gold and red or gold and purple user.

All I need to know is can you fit Cataphractii arms under the Allarus shoulder pads.

if I see one scale for Alpharius I'll be rock hard

Tyrant Seige terminators

these?

forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Iron-Warriors-Legion-Tyrant-Siege-Terminators

Fuck I ment Iron Havocs.

Why hasn't anyone done a Darth Vader conversion with one of those helmets?

>people bitching about lack of prussian moustache

Besides the obvious need for cleanup and drilling, how do these all look for Grenade Launcher Seekers?

I’m not sure if I should add more bits or not.

Malevolence is actually Inferno v2. Inferno reprint but with added Daemon list. I asked Anuj Mahoultra on Facebook and he confirmed. Angelus has been delayed to 2019.

This couldn’t sound more fake

Iron Havocs are just the IW upgrade heads plus whatever weapon set you choose for them.

You did good! Scion nad launchers?

Jesus Christ. WTF FW.

No, the IH heads are way better imo.

Looks good. My only nit-pick would be about stocks for the weapons.

Good bait.

Maybe put a High Elves helmet crest on top of the barrel or a shoulder shield on the side of the shield. Just to decorate the gun up a bit.

>side of the shield

Side of the barrel, that is.

I wouldn’t mind this. Inferno was garbage.

I like this idea. Time to go to eBay.

Genestealer Cult, actually.

Looking good user, can you post any other SoS you got?

The far right is a Vindicare Count-As for 40k; the rest are Oblivion Knight Centuras.

And then my Jenetia Krole Count-As or Celestine for 40k

Is that a converted Greyfax and SoB? Looks good user.

Yup! Thanks!

> I wonder what was relationship with the Lord of Iron.

Ferrus bore his brother no animosity for coining that particular sobriquet. It fit. Like a glove of liquid steel. Where Fulgrim was contemplative and beatific, he was belligerent and headstrong. Perturabo, whom many that had not been forced to endure his company would have considered a more natural brother, had once asked what he and Fulgrim had to talk about. That was the first and last time that the Iron Warrior had made Ferrus Manus laugh. But he had not given an answer. Ferrus knew too that he had a reputation for being an enigmatic, but there was no aspect of his character that had not been moulded perfectly to his nature. He was difficult to like, and he liked his brothers little enough.

Perturabo is literally who tier in Ferrus' mind.

This makes me feel really bad for Pert here; on the whole he is a very tragic character, however

Is there any reason to take Headhunter kill teams over seeker squads? I'm struggling to see any benefit to the AL exclusive.

I find it funny that he was even more brusque (combatative, even) with Guilliman and Dorn. Truly, Ferrus could have easily fallen.

No they are awful. Compare them to Sniper Vets and weep.
Probably the single worst unit in the game.

Funny, I feel the exact opposite. To me Ferrus, Sanguinius, Guilliman and Dorn would have never fallen.
Didn't Guilliman call these his Indomitable Few after all?

>"In those early days the Emperor was at the forefront of the expansion, even as his Primarch sons were rediscovered one by one and the crusade fleets became ever more scattered and autonomous in their operation. Wherever the Emperor went, there too strode the Legio Custodes, an unstoppable golden army now ten thousand strong. To them went the finest weapons and armour, and all the accumulated wealth of archeotechnological secrets unearthed by the crusading armies upon ancient human worlds. Alongside such esoterica as anti-gravitic battle tanks and terrifyingly potent disintegration rays, the Custodians also had access to the very best tried-and-tested Imperial tools of war. Their Land Raiders possessed the most exceptional and bellicose machine spirits. Their bolt weaponry, power blades and heavy weapons were all individually handcrafted by the greatest artisans the Imperium had to offer, as befitted such august and sublimely skilled warriors."
>the Custodians also had access to the very best tried-and-tested Imperial tools of war.
>Their Land Raiders possessed the most exceptional and bellicose machine spirits.

When, FW?

>FW finally gives custodes a land raider
>but only the non-assault-vehicle proteus variant

Yes, though there's another aspect - not only did he think those brothers supremely loyal to the crusade and the Emperor (probably moreso than himself, all things considered), he also reckoned that with any one of the Few, and his and their legions working together, they could win against any foe.

There's also another name on that list, the Few were four

I will never consider Mr.Furryboy a good guy.

Headhunters are victims of severe powercreep. A mediocre unit to start with, the buff to Seeker's Scorpius rounds made Headhunters a laughable choice at best, and detrimental at worst. Even in a game where fun and fluff should be the only priority, taking Headhunters is a waste.

Their models, however, are absolutely gorgeous, and perfect conversion material.

Well he was, he's a good boy.

After he shat on the carpet and ate the favorite neighborhood cat he's no longer a good boy

Stop bullying Russ.