Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labours_of_Hercules
youtube.com/watch?v=JtEkUmYecnk
youtube.com/watch?v=JOhRhq6Pr6g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are they?

I'm still searching for form A38...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labours_of_Hercules

#1: Outrun the champion racer from the last Olympic Games.
#2: Throw a javelin further than the world's greatest javelin thrower.
#3: Defeat the world's greatest judo/jujitsu master.
#4: Cross the lake that holds the Island of Pleasure, where a tribe of beautiful enchantresses will tempt you with your every desire.
#5: Resist the mind-control of the world's greatest hypnotist.
#6: Devour an entire feast made by the Chef of the Titans - in the book, this consists of boar with fries, a flock of geese, several sheep, an omelette made with eight dozen eggs, a whole school of fish, an ox, a cow and veal, a huge mound of caviar (with a single piece of toast), a camel, and an elephant stuffed with olives.
#7: Survive the Cave of the Beast, a terrifying monster.
#8: Find Permit A 38 in "The Place That Sends You Mad".
#9: Cross a ravine on an invisible tightrope, over a river full of crocodiles.
#10: Climb a mountain and answer the Old Man's riddle.
#11: Spend a night on the haunted plains.
#12: Survive the Circus Maximus.

>an omelette made with eight dozen eggs
Well.. Obelix -IS- roughly the size of a barge.

To this day, the place that sends you mad has to be the most accurate depiction of a bureaucratic office in existence.
youtube.com/watch?v=JtEkUmYecnk

Man, now I need to track down a complete boxed set to gift for my kids for christmas so I can read it after they go to bed. That memory door has been closed for quite some time now.

Wait, they animated it?

Also damn the voices sound incredibly wrong.

I stole this entire scenario for a Paranoia game once.

Executing them for picking up the wrong colored forms, of course.

Oh yes, they animated the whole thing.
youtube.com/watch?v=JOhRhq6Pr6g

how did you not know? Seems like a weird thing to never find out.

I read the comics as a kid, didn't have a TV growing up.

Where's they Asterix TTRPG that I always wanted as a child, Veeky Forums? How would you even balance magic potion? Once daily Gaul racial?

>being so much of a fagot that you use the lame hercules 12 triles and not the glorious 12 taska of Asterix

You just went full pleb nigga

Nice. 40k for me. Dark Heresy group had to go get some paperwork from the Administratum.

They came back later with explosives and levelled the building. It was glorious.

You don't understand; it BEGAN as an animated film. The comic (and the written book) were done afterwards.

...Huh. Is it just The 12 Tasks that started that way, or all Asterix?

Id imagine the Twelve tasks.

Only the Twelve tasks and maybe some other films (maybe the Cleopatra one?). Most Asterix comics don't have a movie.

Probably no, but now that you say it...I will use some of those for my next game....Cook of Titans sounds like a badass boss.

I just rewatched it recently. It's a movie they aired pretty often (usually around easter, I think) here.

I felt it didn't hold up that well, and also, only now I notice how incredibly french it is.

Why are anglos such awful dubbers?

Comics came first, starting with Asterix the Gaul, but the story "The Twelve Tasks of Asterix" was originally created as an animated film that had the comics' creators' approval and writing the story, but which was not based at all on a previous comic story.

In comparison to the other Asterix animated films, which were based, however loosely, on previously written Asterix stories and often mashed two or three together to create a single story.

My last PC could do a good chunk of them, though some I'm very iffy on them like #6. Sidereal with Bureaucracy 5, she's FROM 'The Place That Sends You Mad'.

>#3: Defeat the world's greatest judo/jujitsu master
I watched the movie for the first time when I was like eight, and even then a judoka in ancient Gaul it bothered the hell out of me.

>#7: Survive the Cave of the Beast, a terrifying monster.
That was so weird. Was there some metaphor or something I just never got, or do they just walk in, see some weird things and leave again?

>I watched the movie for the first time when I was like eight, and even then a judoka in ancient Gaul it bothered the hell out of me.

You might find some of Asterix a bit odd if that's where your suspension of disbelief snaps.

As i interpreted it, they had to roll multiple sanity rolls through out the thing and since their dice were loaded, they took zero sanity damage and asa result, the cave just gotweirded out by them.
And then the beast tried to eat them but they ate it instead.

>You might find some of Asterix a bit odd if that's where your suspension of disbelief snaps.
Not really?
There are tons of little anachroistic jokes in the comics, like the horse drawn busses in Britain, but they work because the overall tone is pretty grounded.

cleopatra was one of the first comics so i doubt it was made as a animated movie first

Just going from YT recommended other titles, they did *In britain, * the gaul and * conquers america., so, four asterix movies... take your pick!

Man, I forgot how excellent those cartoons were

The joke is that some of the first instructors to bring judo to the West were Germans.

I can see this bit working as a whole campaign
One based more on intelligence, wisdom, charisma, and constitution than actual combat

Hell, just throw this as a curveball at your group when they arrive at a wizards tower or something and want to have their items enchanted, but in order to do that they need to file some forms and such.

the whole premis of asterix and obelix is that they cant really be stoped with a combat scenerios, the books give tons of good ways to deal with minimaxers who focus only on getting the biggest hits