ORC GENERAL

Gruumsh One-Eye struck the world with his spear at the time of creation to mark the blighted lands where orcs will dwell and multiply and make ceaseless war until the day they cover the world and rule alone.

>Why do Goblinoids like blight so much? What IS blight?

Krieger already made one though.

I like basing my orcs off pigs, but making them albino and subterranean to give them that dungeon-dwelling vibe. They hate the sun and are weak in it, instead preferring the darkness. They still raid human settlements, but only at night.

I'm making an entire family of monsters around them; little squealers that act as scouts and lookouts, great boars trained as war mounts for the orcish leaders, As well as Great Sows- the magical mother orcs that live in the deepest part of the caverns, giving birth to more soldiers and using their magic to enhance their brood and commune with the dark orcish gods.

r8 my P'orcs, Veeky Forums

It's good if you want them just to be an evil race to fight against.

Obould Many Arrows was better than Drizzt.

Orcs are not goblinoids

Goblinoids are goblins, bugbears and hohgoblins

>Gruumsh One-Eye
What book is that from?

Well that's what orcs are for afterall -- and as an environmental, logistical, tactical, and strategic threat, wholly inimical foes are underrated.

Are there any depiction of Orcs, close to the variants we know them today, before 1975 fantasy or game related? Are the earliest ones around 1975?

Where are they headed after the green bodybuilder giant orcs that are prevalent to a large degree today? Back to old fashioned orcs like the above?

Gruumsh is the god of orcs in the Forgotten Realms setting.

>Orc

The chief exploit of the hero, Beowulf the Great, is the destruction of the two monsters Grendel and his mother; both like most of the evil beings in the old times, dwellers in the fens and the waters; and both, moreover, as some Christian bard has taken care to inform us, of "Cain's kin," as were also the eotens, and the elves, and the orcs (eótenas, and ylfe, and orcneas).

Old English glossaries record the word orc corresponding with Latin Orcus (deity of the Underworld), and synonymous with þyrs/ðyrs "ogre" (cognate to Old Norse: þurs), as well as "hell devil". The Woordenboek der Nederlandsche Taal defines ork in the very closely related Old Dutch language as a verslindend monster ("devouring monster"),[3] and points at a possible origin in the Old Dutch nork "petulant, crabbed, evil person".[4]

But the orc as fantasy knows it is from 1968 by Tolkien

JRPG Orc depictions.
What do they look like?
Are they much different than western fantasy Orcs?

Because orcs are based on real life niggers

I run orcs one of two ways.
They're either monstrous victims or pure evil.
The first version is for more morally grey settings, wherein orcish culture basically has them convinced that everyone is out to cheat them and the world is their enemy, they're abused dogs, vicious and feral, any kindness is a trick, any compassion is a lie, any offer of help can and will inevitably lead to the non-orcs slipping a knife between their ribs, only orcs are strong because we live in the broken parts of the world.
Depending on circumstances they can be convinced to go legit, usually if there's something they know they can't fight.
Orc and human barbarian tribes often work together surprisingly well because they fight each other to a standstill and then someone else inevitably comes along and puts pressure on them leading to them teaming up, me against you, me and you against him, me you and him against the fucker across the river, the four of us against the world style.
But it's rare because Orcs always believe that non-orcs secretly hate them and so they make it true through their actions.

Always Evil orcs meanwhile are the inheritors of degenerate and corrupted flesh from a line of possessing ancestral spirits (Their gods) which stretches back to ancient times having originally been human. Orcish blood taints any bloodline that it touches with madness and savagery.
Occasionally they'll call their antediluvian gods into the bodies of newborns to become warlords through sacrifices of blood and flesh.
They see the world as weak and only themselves and their old ways of living in mud huts, raiding and raping their way through history as the only strong thing left, regardless of any evidence to the contrary.

How come Eye of the Beholder not have Orcs? Or did it? That is the question? It had goblins for sure.

Some depictions of orcs do look very similar to some depictions of goblins though.

Feral and primitive Orcs are cool

These look as if they live in some Lower Realm

Gruumsh has a suspicious jaw.

Someone post some retro computer game Orcs.

Pighead Orcs look very nasty

Spelljammer D&D Space Orc; Scro

anime orcs, cave-man ape like

Orcs aren't Goblinoids, Calvin.

Maybe if Gruumsh had struck some UNblighted lands orcs would have an easier time with that whole multiplying and conquering thing.

>Orcs are not goblinoids

When did D&D start doing this?

Like 2e?

Is Hobgoblin militarism and organizational ability in D&D just a copy of the Tolkien Orc?
That leaves Orcs themselves with more of a tribal and barbarian style of culture?

Love me some pig-faced orcs.

Hobgoblins are a bit better at it than Tolkien orcs.

Rhodesian orcs.
They lost their homeland and boy are they pissed about it.

Way to screw up the story, pinknose.

The actual story goes more like this:

>When the gods met to divvy up the world between their creations, the creator-god of the elves made the forests and said, "My race will live here". The creator-god of the humans made the grassy plains and said, "My race will live here". The creator-god of the dwarves did the same, making the mountains. All the races did this, until it came to Gruumsh's turn, when he realized that the entire world had already been divided up. "Fine!" he shouted. "My race will live HERE!" as he stabbed his spear into the forest. "And HERE!" he shouted, as he stabbed his spear into the plains. "AND HERE! AND HERE!" as he stabbed at the world, and that's why orcs live everywhere.

I'm just starting an Orc Cleric of Gruumsh for a fresh 3.5 campaign. I'm focused more on melee than spellcasting as I have a 20 strength. Anybody have suggestions on what my first feat should be? I was thinking power attack.

>Are they much different than western fantasy Orcs?

Instead of fight a lot, they like to rape a lot.

Dunno, its dumb, I prefer to play orcs as the goblinoids that don't get along with other goblinoids rather than pretending they are not related

Hey. Pigsley was a saint.

>When your fucking racial deity has not one- but two Prestige classes reliant on you missing an eye for it to work
>Rendered useless if anyone casts a regeneration spell on you
>When your death Deity is literally just an orc with long nails
And people wonder why Orcs shack up with Zhents, Orcus, and anyone but the faggots at the mountain, what a shit pantheon
also
>Still hasn't made it up the mountain

Is it okay to use brown/black orcs anymore?

You can use whatever you want, but brown is kind of shit, use very dark green instead.

I like the pig Orcs and the ape Orcs. I like the Warcraft orcs up until Warcraft 3. I like Warhammer orks. They don't have to be stupid, but they do need a certain brutality to them.

>Gruumsh One-Eye

Prefer him more like a baleful orcish Odin than just some angry evil god.

Can we have orcs in mail armor pls?

These Orcs are great.

This is Grippa.
She is part of the city watch.

I'd love to see more Tolkien-esque industrial orcs

What are the Orc type faces:
Ape-men
Pig-Men
Feral-Men

Others?

She looks sexually frustrated.

Bulldog-Men

Goblin men

Ummm right....
Last thread we made a goblin, maybe we'll make an orc for her to interact?

Describe how the orc will look like.

Holy fuck that's actually hilarious. Serves them right for picking him last.

Fat, male, and as tall as Grippa's spear.

>Grippa's spear
It's....it's supposed to be a pike.

>Well that's what orcs are for afterall
In your opinion. And that's okay.

Well shit, almost as tall then.

Orcs are slathering beastmen. They are not fap material.

I think it's my fault since pikes usually are very tall (around maybe 12-18 ft?)

Saved

Large and in charge. No goblins lazing on sentry duty when this orc's around.