Weekend Warcraft Lore General

Oceans Take You Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread

void elves are SLIGHTLY less forced than I thought, but it seems awfully coincidental in terms of timing with alleria

Maiev did nothing wrong, highborn had it coming. Tyrande and Malfurion are race-traitors and probably Illidan-sympathizers as well

>the entire Horde population of every pre-BC leveling zone is now Nightbourne
I for one welcome our new elven overlords

Shes like the only Night Elf who hasn't fully been integrated by Human Culture and started behaving like them.

warcraft has actual lore? I thought it was just some generic shitfest

this is the future that Garrosh saw and wanted to avert

Hopefully it'll be all Zandalari once that's available though, I know a lot of people are excited about them

I wanna bone the fish outta her and the lack of a vagina isn’t gonna deter me.

not right now. The lore is pretty much Undead/Orcs conquer everything part 2 the expansion while the Alliance ignores the war completely and just wants to focus on being seen as lawful good even if it means losing the war besides that the minor sub plot is Sylvanas/Nathanos love story about them being seperated now that shes warchief.

>night elves
>blood elves
>super night elves
>Hot Topic blood elves
>ancient primal jungle elves
>cannibal island elves
>mermaid elves
>demon elves
we're reaching levels of elf that shouldn't even be possible

I can't even be bothered to leveling up an Allied race alliance side. Blood Elves look meh but I don't play caster races and Lightforged racial is fun but not worth an entire reroll.

not to mention that the Alliance races need you to have been a hardcore pay piggy while the Horde races are for the chads that quit during Nighthold

See for the good side, user.

When praying to the Light, they will feel shame for their lewdness and will finally wear actual clothes.

m-mag'har will save the horde

on that note do we know if red orcs are going to be from WoD or Outlands

here it is bros...
my magnum opus
my masterpiece

Todd suing them when?

It's been mentioned a few times that Maiev is one of the last old-school night elves, the kind who hates everyone but her own Sentinels.

Maiev and the other hardline traditionalist nelfs fucking off to create their own isolationist society when?

All she knows is how to be a jailor.

jail elf allied race in patch 8.2

yeah but she has experience and severe autism

Maiev may be autistic, but at least she's not autistic AND responsible for the downfall of an entire country and one of the most notorious threats on the planet.

Don't worry eventually they'll all go away to those inns in Silvermoon and you'll never see them or their terrible ERPing again.

>integrated into human culture.
Is this really a thing?

paranoid delusions about it are a thing

No, it's not really a thing. There would inevitably be at least some culture clash and culture mixing, but the night elves have been in the Alliance for upwards of a decade and know how to deal with humans. It's just that some RPers can't really conceptualize night elf culture or otherwise being hundreds or thousands of years old, never mind being wood elves who have dealt with several apocalypse-tier events, so all they can think of is to be "purple humans" and hang out in Stormwind lamenting the loss of the Park, mugging people or having dirty alleyway sex in the Deeprun Tram.

A night elf who doesn't fuck innawoods isn't a real night elf.

So what happens now that grom and his boys ended up chopping like a 1/3 of it down and someone else burned down another third

A lot more orgies in the 1/3 still left?

There will probably be a Kaldorei enclave or two constructed in Silverpine Forest and Tirisfal, which are some of the most wooded areas in the Eastern Kingdoms.

I could see them being resettled in the Lordearon region along with all those human refugees from the previous wars.

Why didn't Kezan conquer Azeroth back when they had unlimited access to kaja'mite?

Didn't the kajamite only just make them smarter?

That's the point though? They got so smart from breathing it, they effortlessly curbstomped Zandalar.

As much as I hate the whole scenario, you know what would make me feel a bit better about it all? If the Gilneans finally got a chance to return the night elves' favour and let them take refuge in their lands.

Smarter than we've ever seen them. The peak of goblin intelligence was 200 years prior to the Second War. Or the First War? One of those.

Because at the point that they realistically could have, they weren't focused with conquest but rather resource acquisition. Of a very specific resource at that. All of the trade princes were purely focused on what was ultimately a hopeless quest to find new sources of kaja'mite. That's the reason that the Steamwheedle Cartel is a thing and has a globe-spanning network of ports and bazaars.

Now, if kaja'mite had actually been discovered in large quantities in Ashenvale or under Stormwind, then you damn well better believe they might've. But when the goblins actually could have conquered the world, they were too busy obsessing over finding a new source of kaja'mite.

>super hot super night elves
ftfy

>Activision-Blizzard being this competent of storytellers

Once they were done with the trolls, they instantly succumbed to infighting. And it's been going on for literal centuries, until kaja'mite ran out and they were forced to turn to trade. They're the Skaven of Warcraft in more ways than one, immediately go back to backstabbing once there's no unifying threat.

Trade Princes only emerged after kaja'mite ran out and goblins had to turn to trade as a new source of income.

It would be so good, though. Let me dream.

gonna need some source on this'n buddy

>The peak of goblin intelligence was 200 years prior to the Second War
It was actually back when they lived with Mimiron.

There was LITERALLY ZERO reason to fight Illidan and the Illidari

Dark Iron are the best subspecies of the best race.

>Be me
>Choose Horde because I love tribal themes, desert/jungle zones, dinosaurs, and Lok'tar
>TBC comes around, thirty percent of my faction is now Elves
>Legion comes around, the face of the Horde is now a slutty vampire Elf
>BfA coming around, we're getting more Elves

What the fuck is even the point anymore.

I mean, it helps to get a little color in the ranks? Orcs, trolls and tauren share the same overall niche, while Forsaken, blood elves and now Nightborne provide some significant diversity to the ranks. Player populations shouldn't be indicative of overall representation.

...Who drew this?

I don't know. It's getting out of hand, mon.

>BfA coming around, we're getting more Elves
We're also getting the last great troll empire in the world, don't forget.

Actually looks quite nice.

Northrend looks like it could be detailed in a bit, but I feel if it isn't it could be chalked up to no one wanting to go there.

I'm sorry, but I think you should be saying "trolls" everywhere, and sometimes "mutated trolls".
Red-skinned fel-infused Orcs are only from Outland. Fel-corruption effect changed since WoD.

Alleria is just female Illidan. They both view power as something to be harnessed and used. Except alleria is a Stacy and Illidan is a virgin

>Hurr Durr Jaina, we need to take our entire army and go north to a freezing wasteland without any idea of where this gigantic demon with a very powerful army is
>Arthas it's a trap
>You are a traitor Jaina I thought you loved meeee!

Sorry, brown orcs. In my head they were reddish but it's been forever since I did TBC

>10000 years old
>no husband or children
She did a few things wrong

Maiev is married to her career, and she's currently unemployed now that Illidan is gone forever.

There are red Orcs as Horde portal sentries though.

Garrosh would have prevented this. WE DIDNT LISTEN

"Is Illidan back yet?"

"No Maiev, he's fighting sargerus, his purpose fulfilled."

"Oh... Well, tell me when he returns. I need to arrest him."

"He won't, though, he's serving as his jailer."

"Oh... Well, what about is-"

"The illidari are now part of their respective factions and they're very well liked."

"Oh... Do-Do you want to..."

"I'm straight, madame."

"Oh..."

And Maiev just sits in her room, quietly putting pens out of place to put them back into place.

Blood elves are passable. Did you see their bantz outside suramar towards the night elves?

What do we call a Warcraft Christmas Cake?

I resubbed in November for the first time since quitting during Cataclysm, and I had already met the qualifications for Lightforged and Void Elves when I didn't bother to renew last week. It didn't exactly take that much effort.

We need to ship maeiv with someone and hope that meme magic takes its course. You remember how good it felt when eowyn wound up with Faramir? Like they both just deserved each other so much. Maeiv deserves that too

I never had a problem with Forsaken. Even Blood Elves I was okay with in theory because their position as exiles trying to survive is in line with the overall Horde theme. Though that's the lore reason they're there. The actual practical reason BELves are Horde is because Blizz knew most players will only play a race they can masturbate to, and that is something the Horde lacked. They were put in as a population booster and they filled that purpose a little too perfectly.

There's no real reason to give Nightborne to the Horde other than the fact Blizzard knows most of that faction's players are just Elffags who don't care much about the other Horde races.

I love Horde but I just don't know if I can handle even more Elves in Orgrimmar.

>And Maiev just sits in her room, quietly putting pens out of place to put them back into place.
...that hit a little too close to home. I think I'm going to go get a drink.

The only people who like her are her brother and her wardens and I'm not so sure about the wardens anymore.

Halduron Brightwing.

I'm not saying it's worked out perfectly, but there's something intriguing about throwing elves and savage races together under the same political umbrella.

Yeah, but at least Faramir and Eowyn started to like each other.

Maiev would just push them away because they aren't Illidan. The wardens think she's crazy and she can never reintegrate back into NE society.

She was focused so much on being the jailer, that she turned into a prisoner, user.

The prisoner of her heart.

And she probably enjoys missionary and holding hands, because she's, ya know, boring.

You'd have to get Halduron some fans first.

>There's no real reason to give Nightborne to the Horde
Other than, you know, the extent to which their experiences mirror those of the blood elves.

Not just any elves, but the highest of high elves (not actually named high elves, mind you).

Yeah, that's my point. Do we really need another race that's just "Elves the Heroic Fantasy faction actually hates so here Horde you can have them"?

Same artist as the one who drew this.

Better than giving them to the alliance just because

reverse image search is killing me here

>Can't give them to the Alliance "just because"
>Better give them to the Horde "just because"

Besides, the mere fact Night Elves can be Mages as of Cata means there's certainly some element of their society which tolerates the whole arcane thing now.

You have to forgive me, I'm frustrated. Blizzard gives us LiterallyWho Tauren and more Elves when Taunka and Tuskarr remain non-playable.

What about Liadrin?

Would Maiev be into incest?

Vereesa would be a nice pick but feel she'll die soon.

So far the only thing about BfA that's really bummed me is that word on the street is that the Zandalari Prelates/Freethinkers won't show up as playable paladins for Zandalari characters.

Which is a bummer because Aztec troll paladins sounds rad as hell. But bouncing off of that is a question for the thread in regards to roleplaying.

How would you make each part of Azeroth "fee" different, it's one thing to go around in game, but how would you describe new places in fresh ways? One issue I've always had with Warcraft is that races tend to be pretty monocultural, you might hear that they have their differences and you might even quest through some of it, but Theramore is just mini-Stormwind, the Drakkari, Farraki, Amani, and Gurubashi all have the same general aesthetic, apparenlty the Draenei have had the same exact crystal shit for a bajillion years or something, and we see orcs using the same buildings all over the place for the most part.

How would you as a GM try and make the cultures a bit more distinct and actually visually memorable in describing them to your players?

>the mere fact Night Elves can be Mages as of Cata means there's certainly some element of their society which tolerates the whole arcane thing now
All playable night elf mages are canonically the Highborne who came back from Dire Maul in Cataclysm. None of them are regular nelves.

Let's be honest here, Dwarves and Trolls are the best species on Azeroth, and have similar amounts of various subspecies.

The Darkspear trolls pride themselves on breaking the mold all other trolls fit into.

I know, but they are of so-called Chaos Orc variety rather than Fel Orc, which is somewhere in between Green and Fel. Could be due to radiation from Dark Portal (pre-WoD) or because he had a bit more demon blood than others but not too much.
Fel'dan also was a Chaos Orc that was in WoW, and I think there are couple of more Chaos Orcs in Fel Horde that was aligned with Illidari.

To this, I have no clue. If it will be from Draenor, then I do hope for Outland ones as well, with Jorin Deadeye as a leader.

That's nice and all, which is too bad that the Darkspear more or less just have the same general styles that all other trolls do as well. I'd be down with giving them far more of an island Caribbean feel with bits and pieces of orc, tauren, and even blood elf in there, while the Farraki might have khopeshes made like macauhuaitls or the Drakkari can be seen having some more Inca/Inuit shit going on. Just visual differences alongside the ones that we are told about.

Elves are cousins in the same way Danes and swedes are cousins. They aren't actually direct relatives

>Jorin Deadeye

This please. I want him to show up and be like "You guys seriously put Garrosh in charge?"

With orcs or humans they had separate nations and cultures with different cultures to draw on.
Theramore shouls be a mix of lorderon and dalaran.
Stormwind has probabaly picked up refuges from every human nation within its borders by now so there's going to be some cultural enclaves and new subcultures.
Dwarves have the 3 mountain cities led by the bronzebeard(usual dwarves but with influences from the gnomes)
Dark iron (more magic influence and some Roman vibe)
And the wildhammer(more wild and have their griffon tamer culture)
Draenei staying the same is probably a result of eons long exodus forming a culture of unity and not having much time for cultural development.

>highest of high elves
they are in the alliance.
>sucking demon cum
>high anything

>tfw you have tons of NE art but can't identify this

thanks buddy, you're a saviour

>one of the Void Elf racials is decreased Transmogrification costs.

Blizzard very well knows who's gonna be playing this race.

>You guys seriously put Garrosh in charge?
>You did that because Dranosh Saurfang died?
>I ain't going to believe there were no other candidates.
>He couldn't even handle being a leader of Mag'har, why would anyone expect him be a good leader of the entire Horde is beyond me...
>Know one Hellscream, know them all. There IS a reason why it was Blackhand who was made leader of old Horde, instead of Grommash Hellscream. No wonder this "Iron Horde" you told me about failed.

It works out. Blood Elves are fel-afflicted just like green orcs. They're kindred souls, really.

Better that than traitor scum. Elves who ally themselves with humans invite their own doom.

>the state of blood elves
>"staying true to your allies instead of drinking demon semen makes you traitors."
>"For the horde"

That's actually pretty funny.

This is weak bait.

Given what we know about the Warsong, it's surprising any orcs think they're worth following. I mean, it's right there in the name WARSONG. They're retarded for war. We've seen them rush headlong into idiocy time and time again so long as there's potential for fire, blood, and pillage.

The old horde at least seemed to know better. Despite Grom being the most eager to guzzle demon blood, Gul'dan still backed Blackhand as his puppet warchief. The Blackrock are assholes, but they've got their heads screwed on straight. If you need to someone to slaughter villagers and burn stuff, send in the Warsong. Just never hand them the reins of power because they will run you right off a cliff.

>dinosaurs
Boy do I have some good news for you then, friend.