magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/masters-25-packaging-2018-02-02
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No

>unban JTMS
>to the surprise of no one, it's good
>everyone rushes to buy JTMS at inflated prices
>to the surprise of no one, it's too good
>JTMS is banned again

Jace the Mindscupter, Asuza Lost but Seeking, and... I have no idea what card the last one is suppose to be. Darksteel Colossus?

Masters isn't about Modern unless it's Modern Masters.

No.
25th Masters is what people thought Iconic Masters was going to be - iconic cards from throughout Magic's history (rather than Iconic Creature Types like Iconic Masters was)
JtMS is one of those cards.
Reserved List cards are not, because fucking Reserved List.

They needed to reprint Jace if they were even thinking about unbanning him because otherwise the price would spike through the goddamn roof.

But they probably won't.

Couldn't they just sell it on the secondary markets and profit from the price spike?

25 what? Dollars?

Probably not, maybe some other noteworthy artifact creature though. Like Blightsteel or something else.

I'm guessing Steel Overseer and as a consequence Arcbound Ravager's price is gonna spike.

I'm glad we're getting New Azusa art, because I've had the old one for ages and she just looks so much like a man in the old art but I've been too poor to afford the new one.

Are you retarded? I mean, I legit want to know, because if it's clinical, then I don't want to be too harsh on you, but that was the dumbest thing I think I've ever heard.

The giant, international corperate entity known as Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, would profit by selling Jaces individually on the secondary market?

You utter pillock. They deal, by necessity, in huge volume. The cost of working at a minute one on one sales level would actually be worse than selling cases. Not to mention that the number of Jaces printed in a given set is vastly dwarfed by the number of total packs sold... even if they did spike the price and run off a bunch of Jaces, it would be self defeating. The number needed to equal the money they'd gain just printing a normal masters set would flood the market and drop prices, not to mention the HUGE PR disaster of people finding out they're doing it, which would kill the price even further and make basically everyone who plays magic hate them.

Thank FUCKING God Azusa is a Rare.

Also love that Kamigawa watermark at the bottom, as a dude who started in Mirrodin and whose early Standard was Mirrodin/Kamigawa, I feel pandered to so comfortably right now.

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/masters-25-packaging-2018-02-02

Lovely art and god damn set watermarks are something they should have been doing from the start, I love it.

Shame the set symbol is so shit.

Yeah that set symbol is the fucking worst. It's the tackiest birthday candle on the planet. I guess it was meant to look like that but still.

I actually like that more than her original art. I like the watermarking they're gonna do too. Neat.
Might have to bust the kneepads out for some cash...

She a QT in the new art, one of the rare instances of female arts that were nicer than the original.

>Are you retarded.
No, just tired.

Oh look, another Masters set with packs 3x the normal price and filled with 99.5% draft garbage and .5% winning lottery tickets. Boy, I sure do love Magic.

stop being poor

It's not about being poor. It's about the value of cards pulled, which has always been terrible at best for any Masters set. If I put $10 into a product, I expect to get at least 10$ out of it. And this is another shitty set that won't have any value at uncommon or enough value at rare to make purchasing a box worth your money. Especially because the price of a box will inflate drastically.

Honestly at rare she shouldnt be too bad. Her price is probably going to slash in half, maybe more.

I thought people bought singles anyways.

I dont have any problems on cardmarket. Only gamblers and turbofaggots buy packs and boosters

Hope so. I'm going to draft it at least once if able, and expect shit desu. Then get the rest as singles if I can.

More likely it's either Arcbound Ravager, Steel Overseer, or even Platinum Emperion.
It's most likely not the Colossi because it lacks the iconic yellow energy rings all darksteel things always have.

Since each year of Magic's history is getting at least one card, what do you think's gonna rep 2016, 2017, and 2018?

This art is dreadful. I dont dig the watermark. I dislike the new black border. It probably has shit quality cardboard.

Name ONE reason to get this over the beatiful original card

Subjective opinion.
I kinda like the original art a little more too, but I love the newest card frames, and Wizards has already said they are looking into the card quality issues, and it was already determined that only a portion of cards from specific printing companies were affected, not all cards are bad quality board.

I much prefer the new art. Have you taken a look at old Azusa's face lately?

I may have exaggerated but I see absolutely no reason to get that one over the original, and the art is terrible digital shit. It's like they put no effort because digital makes it easier to make illustrations

>I dont dig the watermark

begone.

It's not just the face of the imaginary waifu girlfriend. It's the whole thing. The composition, the colors, the proportion to the rest of the card, the overall shape of the card.

Old Azusa is easier more pleasant to look. When I look at new Azusa I see crowded shit. The picture with the branches, the watermark that draws attention away from the text, the shiny white text on the huge black border, that by the way makes the card less green overall.

surprised they didn't made her a fat black woman lol

I hope the cards having a watermark of their original set printing will be on every single card at all rarities, even non-basic lands, and that it won't be just on rares/mythics.

One can only hope.

I tried

Not each year, each set.

From recent sets I'd probably bet on Hazoret, Hostage Taker, or Ghalta.

they won't do any that are currently in standard you twats.

>hostage taker
lol

What is up with all of you and watermarks. They look like shit.

>my opinion is objectively correct and nobody anywhere else in the world is allowed to like something I don't

>reprinting cards currently in standard with pack that are plentiful in every lgs and big box store

yea sure

I was thinking One Shot Robot but it doesn't look quite that menacing

>"Masters 25 covers all of Magic's 25 years, with at least one card from each of our major releases in those 25 years."
I don't see the words "except the last couple years which are already standard legal" in there.

if they do that it's suicide for box value, but hey it wizards, we all know what they've been doing the last few years lol

Every Masters set has chaff rares. Replacing a few of them with standard-legal rares which may or may not be chaff will make no difference.

They did say at least 1 iconic card from each set, but considering MaRo has said multiple times that they work 2-3 years ahead with sets and products, it's unlikely there'll be anything from Kaladesh, Amonkhet, or Ixalan blocks. (maybe not even anything from Shadows block)

see

like CALL THE FUCKING SKYBREAKER!!!!

I SWEAR IF THEY PRINT THAT AGAIN I'LL GO ON A SHOOTING SPREE!

>they work 2-3 years ahead with sets and products
Which would mean that they knew what was going to be printed in those blocks while designing Masters 25. Unless you think Maro's just gonna say "lol jk I guess it's just the last 23 years of releases lol"

That's Platinum Emperion. Can't be Ravager since it doesn't have the "modular" style of art and doesn't look like Overseer since it seems to be solo and in an action pose.

>set watermarks
YES YES YES

It would be a PR fireshitstorm if any company was caught doing that

They're saying "nearly every card" which could translate to just rare and mythic, or uncommon on up.
Hopefully it means everything but basic lands.

>If I put $10 into a product, I expect to get at least 10$ out of it

You're fucking retarded and have no idea how businesses work. With your idiocy, literally everyone on the planet who works for a living would starve.

it’s not new.
they just reused the art from the judge promo. and some people are pissed

Will this be a kick in the balls to turbokikes and (((investors)))?

Not at all.

who the fuck you think buys cases and pallets?

The general unspoken contract of MtG value is that you get 1/3 of the booster's cost back. Usually in the form of a $0.49 rare and a couple $0.25 uncommons.

Modern Masters was like this because you were almost sure to get a $2 rare or Lava Spike/Path/Street Wraith/Chain Lightning/Relic of Progenitus plus a couple other $0.25 un/commons in your $8 booster.

Iconic Masters's average booster value is $1.49 for a $10 booster. That's not acceptable even from a dumbass cardboard cracker's point of view.

God people who expect to make money on tabletop games are fucking cancer.

It's a hobby. Ergo, it's a money SINK.

>it's a hobby, therefore it's okay for them to jew you as hard as they want and sell you trash at a premium price
>all of this is okay because "hobby" is a magic word that turns bad financial decisions into good ones

>I hate everything

Who hurt you?

nothing reserved list so no

You can clearly see in the article that it isn't on JtMS, and logically it wouldn't be on any other PWs in the set because of the PW card frame.

I would also expect cards from both Ravnica blocks and the Scars/New Phyrexia block to have their faction watermarks instead of set watermarks (though for Phyrexian cards from the New Phyrexia set itself that would probably be the same watermark).

and not Walkers, as Jace the Money Grubber shows.
But I didn't really expect that, watermarks on Walkers might either make the text too hard to read, or have to make the text box non-see-through; and I'd rather neither of those.

Most people don't make purchases with the expectation that those purchases are going to MAKE them money.

no one’s going to touch masters 25 after the iconic masters fuck up.
masters 25 is also $10 a pack and heading to retail stores that will compete in pricing with lgs.

>fuck others for making money on my hobby
>except me, i should be making money off this or else wijjards is jew
You will see this sentiment echoed constantly on Veeky Forums

>Old Azusa is easier more pleasant to look
She looks like a mother fucking oni!

ALL fucking products are you being jewed as hard as possible for trash, you idiot. Unless you buy direct from manufacturer with their highest possible discount.

And this is for shit you NEED TO LIVE. Imagine fucking cardboard you buy for fun. Why wouldn't they jew you, dipshit.

Yeah? And he demanded $10 of value, not 1/3. He demanded 3/3, 10/10, 100-fucking-percent.

This hobby is full of SJW faggots

Can't wait for something like Hellkite Overlord to hit 60 cents
Good set for edh as always

Sure but how is that relevant to this thread?

HOLY SHIT THIS IS BIG AND I WAS RIGHT, JACE WILL BE UNBANNED!!!

Time to buy, folks.

Sorry, I meant to say "THE new Azusa art", I know it already existed as a foil promo.

maybe the thread pertains to the hobby?

fag

Rule 2 my dude

People don't expect to make money you stupid faggot, cardboard has no value of course you're wasting your money, the value is assigned by the players who want the cards. If this set is a premium product that costs more and reprints cards that player want then it's only natural for the buyer to expect to get the best cards in the set that players actually want and not the bullshit draft garbage fodder.

Personally I need to open packs. If the value is low even stores won't open the boxes and you can't buy singles at a non inflated price.

If it's not Scarab God it's a scam.

Ramunap Ruins :^)

I'm just gonna say that Rudy said he got some info on it and went all out. Therefore he's either manipulating us to dump this shit or Jace and possibly Mystic are getting unbanned and we can safely preorder this shit at €170.

Oh and yeah
>Okay, we'll admit, watching the Modern Pro Tour on twitch dot tv/magic got us a bit excited for Masters 25.

Jace is definitely getting unbanned.

Rudy doesn't give a fuck what happens so long as the market is stimulated to move in any direction at all.

So?

oh, yeah i didn't read your post that well.
i got no clue why they can't keep the promos special.
reminds me of when they reprinted thoughtseize with lorwyn art and those foil investors took a hit.

This is why you buy singles when a Masters set comes out.

True, but it also implies that they picked the "iconic" card ahead of time, so don't expect anything that isn't pushed and story relevant.

it's ok for them to jew you, becasue NO ONE is forcing you to buy anything
go cry sour grapes somewhere else

Hell yeah

Sword of Fire and Ice and Sword of Light and Shadow with the proper watermark?

Please, I can only get so erect.

That's like the perfect card to represent New Phyrexia, maybe I won't doubt wizards to make each represented rare not shit

The strangest part about the name Iconic Masters to me is that WotC must have known that it was a bad name and they still decided to go with it. Maro has fucking written articles about how internal R&D lingo differs from how the rest of the world uses those same words years ago. I'm pretty fucking sure he's at least once talked specifically about how the word iconic does not mean the same thing within R&D as it does to the rest of the world and I know that he's talked about the importance of meeting player expectations since at least Odyssey. SO HOW THE FUCK COULD THEY THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO RELEASE THE SET WITH THAT NAME?

Years, you dumb fuck.

While cards from Ixalan aren't too likely, Masters sets have a much shorter time in development than normal ones due to not having to include any original designs.

>downshifted
Holy fuck, did they actually do something good for once?

We are getting Black Lotus and Mox Ruby in this right?

No, just Gilded Lotus and Mox Opal

It's actually about you being poor