media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA-3Subclasses0108.pdf

>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>WFRP Trove
khorne.ru/2nd

>5etools
5etools.com
latest update-mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/:
What's a unique way to use demons in a setting without making them good guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dFNqp8kAMKc
penguinrandomhouseretail.com/book/?isbn=9780786966240
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>What's a unique way to use demons in a setting without making them good guys?
They can outright break the rules of the game, which is the opposite of Devils who can follow the rules of the game to the exact letter.

How do I do planescape in 5e

Using them as a directed natural disaster against your enemies, like purposely flooding a village, except more rape and disemboweling.

I don't know, the restless souls of the damned dead are denied passage to the afterlife and become increasingly feral? Maybe they crave the vitality they possessed in life as if it were a drug, so you make animal sacrifices to feed them with the blood. Someone who's 'possessed' might have had a lost soul try to jump into their body and commit acts of sensual depravity.

>demon casts two leveled spells on their turn
Delightfully demonic user

In my setting, demons and devils are cut off from their home planes. So if they die, they die permanently. There's no going back to the Nine Hells and trying again later. So their tactics shift. If there's a risk of death, they flee and try again later or move their operations elsewhere.

They've also figured out a process to 'forge' mortal souls into new demon/devil souls to ensure there's no risk of dying out on the plane as they await the, as they see it, inevitable re-opening of the plane to all others and the return of their true immortality. Which makes them a serious threat because if a small village has five people disappear in the same time period, you might have an Erinyes or something snatching people up for 'rebirth.'

What if I were to take someone elses idea and disguise it as my own homebrew?

Rolled 975 (1d1000)

Your character mysteriously finds a trinket in their belongings. How do they react?

Rolled 264 (1d1000)

UWU whats this?

What's a good macguffin for my characters to try and retrieve, to prove the existence of nercomancy and it's recent use?

I am totally fucking stumped at something plausible.

reposting because ne thread, sorry

>Spell lists
I wanted to keep them paladiny, but with the ability to use some arcane magic, not become straight arcane gishes. I was also afraid of stepping on too many toes by letting them just have all the wizard spells available.

>Gag order
You're right, this should be adjusted in some way. I'll see what I can do with your suggestions.

>Aura
I wanted to definately keep it a combat oriented aura, and wanted it to be offensive. Would it be more balanced if I dropped the +1/die on spells or remove the +1 to DCs?

>Aegis
Typo, level 15

>Level 20
This is good, to be honest when I made the slot regen it seemed a little to gamey to me, but it seemed like a decent capstone. Antimagic field is better.

Thanks for the input!

they're immortal--as long as their in the demon plane. becoming a demon means your blood is added to the pool of blood. murder is common but you will be remade from the blood soup every time.

their society is actually OK since death is a mild inconvenience. You wouldn't be able to tell someone who has taken the blood pact/oath from someone who hasn't.

Veeky Forums storytimes are secondhand stories, not at the table play.

My concern is the play at the table, and the experience the players and I as the DM are having, which for the most part concerns mechanics. Players contributions are more meaningful when supported by the mechanics.

Who would do such a thing?

I dunno a melted black bones or shit

Rolled 871 (1d1000)

puts it back because obviously it was given to my character but nobody else knows about it. its mine!

What would be the best base to make something like a Briarheart (ie, melee warrior made supernaturally strong and tough by nature magic)? I'm thinking either Barbarian or Ranger.

an intelligent magic item that does necromancy, and is talkative and friendly to the point that it will tell you when it was last used and who used it.

How long does lost mines of phandelver take to run through?
Other guy wants to run it so he can learn to GM. I know the rules, he and the others know the absolute basics to be a player and I printed him off a few reference sheets.
I'm worried it's going to be boring as fuck and want to speed through it as fast as possible so I can get to my own campaign

I fucked up my game of LMoP and instead of just wanting to *ask* about the spellbook of a legendary wizard, the priestess in town actually *has* the spellbook and wants to give it back to him.

There's no wizards in my current group, but how badly can the spellbook of a 10th level wizard fuck up my party of 1st/2nd level PCs?

Tbh, I'm waiting on a druid archetype that's flavored like that. It feels like it could be really fun.

And two of my players keep asking me to homebrew a Briarheart archetype. Once I finish my Loremaster, I'll probably do so.

>A pocket-watch that started running backwards the moment you picked it up
My character would probably try and write new numbers on the face so he could tell the time properly.

DMG is already effectively the 5e Planescape sourcebook. All you really need are resources for Sigil and its factions.

A scroll or spellbook with a necromancy spell on it

Not much unless there's a Tomelock who decides to copy every spell in the book. It's a wizard's spellbook. Or if they decide to sell it. Which brings up an important question.

Do they currently have it in their possession? If so, consider having bandits or something similar attack them for something worth thousands of gold. Seriously, filled spell books are worth insane amounts to wizards.

They don't have the book on them, no. But I'm thinking if they talk about it aloud while they're out adventuring, there's enough other wizards in the area that things might get interesting once they've resolved the Lost Mines plot.

I've already decided Agatha is just an illusion projected by a hag coven, for starters

>spell list
I see, really hard to balance it out. Maybe make it so you have to choose between spell schools?
>Aura
Paladin has already a combat oriented aura at level 6 that is super good against spells, what about an aura that grants the ability to reroll Damage or Healing dice on spells? Maybe make it so is a limited feature (1/2 paladin levels + cha mod?) that uses up your reaction.

Honestly what I wanted was more like a nature Terminator. Wood instead of bone, Vines instead of cables, and wrapped in skin to infiltrate cities and other unnatural places. Possibly the adherent replaces their animal biology with plant biology as they level up.

Rolled 753 (1d1000)

Rollin'.

Rolled 24 (1d1000)

Rolo

>What's a good macguffin for my characters to try and retrieve, to prove the existence of nercomancy
A not-yet-redead Zombie? Not exactly easy to deny the existence of undead when it's visibly trying to eat your face.

>spoiler
I like it. I'll have to consider that when I run LMoP for the 5 noobs who just joined our group.

So....a nature-based Warforged fighter who started out as human w/ fake skin.

Is a Wall of Force cast as a sphere moveable? It sounds like it floats or stays on the ground reading its effects. I know Otiluke's Resilient Sphere does that because it says so but Wall of Force doesn't have that written.

>The skull of a goblin. An intricate pattern of lines and circles has been carved into the top
He'd probably try to find the rest of the goblin

The Storm Barbarian is fucking garbage, right?

You don't, Planescape was a artbook and played horribly on the table.

Well it's not Battlerager, but compared to the two other (excellent) XGE archetypes, it is.

>A doll in the form of a half-orc girl.

Lame. Maybe it'll get up and start wielding a knife if I carry it around long enough, but it's going to the first poor half orc child sobbing over their dead parents or whatever I find.

correct

That could be cool, GWM for spells sort of deal. Could be cool. Probably do 1/4+cha though really, can assume they have 10 of them at 20, which is a lot I think. getting 15 might be too much. Useful for support and for self, I like it a lot.

A Firbolg Barbarian sounds right up that alley.

A talking undead head? Some lich/necromancer used a spare jewel/ring of reanimate to keep the poor bastard around as a paperweight, maybe sewed it into an empty eyehole so it's not immediately obvious how the head is undead.

The players chat him up about how awful the lich/necromancer and undeath are, but the head isn't immediately willing to give up the actual jewel they need because undead is still better than full dead. Players have to talk him into helping as a social/moral thing, or just eviscerate him for the shiny.

I'm running LMOP; my players hurried the hell up to get to Wave Echo Cave and I decided to let Tharden live as a reward (they'd have found him dead otherwise). They left him with the Rogue while his player was away.

This session, they brought a wounded (half-hp) Sildar to protect Tharden and took the Rogue with them. Sildar and Tharden were left outside the mines, so I decided they could run into trouble during the next hours.

I rolled on my random encounter table and they're scheduled for 2 nasty random encounters in a row that should DEFINITELY kill them both.

Is it fair to have them die off-screen if the PCs don't check up on them?

Best multiclass options?

What's wrong with Battlerager?

Literally nothing, its just subpar and people don't like it for that

If you open already attacking the goblin cave, kill the open world section, trim very aggressively, have the Reds ambush them right as they come into town, avoid Cragmaw, and give them the map through Wave Echo Cave, you could conceivably get through the whole thing in 6-8 hours.

Dodge the open world and Cragmaw and you could conceivably cover lvls 1-2 in one night, and 3, 4, and 5 with one night each, assuming you can clear WEC in one night, so about a month that way.

Now, my group decided to do literally everything, have a ton of character to character interactions, and get heavily involved in both faction politics and the running of Phandalin, so we got around 12 5-hour sessions out of it, but i would not expect many groups to spend nearly that much time with it.

Hey fags I need some critique for a character backstory, here is the tl,dr

>dude is born in a big city with poor parents, at age 10 parents die on a plague, the beggar king pitys him and adopts the dude, he learns how to rob, break into houses, etc
>the beggar king sees that he is good at asault so he becomes a highway man, he lives like this for years, stealing the rich and giving it to the poor
>one particular day he makes a big hit, and claims for himself a set of 4 small statues made of some weird metal, that night in his dreams he sees the 4 figures growing the size of giants, they present themselves as MIM, PIM, GIM, and LIM and for stealing the relics, he must obey their will, when he wakes up he starts to glow orange and new powers surge withim him
>but the relics where property of noble and enraged he sends his men to capture and kill him, the beggar king knowing the danger tells the dude to leave the city and and after saying goodbye to him and his friends, he leaves
>now he travels to evade the noble, obeying the capricious will of his patrons

Any ideas, recommendations etc?

Does he gladly obey his patrons or is it more of a begrudging obedience? Did they subsume an aspect of his personality, or is he still fully himself? Is his personal quest to somehow stop being beholden to these patrons?

As it's described it's fairly standard but can go in interesting directions. I say it's fine.

Any DM who doesn't have tavern patrons and staff break out into song and dance needs get on my level.

Lines inside of double-brackets are spoken rather than sung.

>STAFF & GUESTS
>When the winding road has got you down
>When the course of life has made you frown
>Don’t fret or worry just come and stay
>At the Drunk Duck Inn without delay!

>There’s food by the pound and drinks galore
>There’s always room and an open door
>We’re happy to take whatever you’ll spend
>At the Drunk Duck Inn you’ve got a friend!

>ILIIRA
>[[I'm particularly proud of the drink stock.]]

>Amnian Ale, is Bitter Black your thing?
>Try Luiren's Best, it'll help you sing!
>Golden Sand's, Suz-ale, or One-Eye
>Do you prefer wines? Try Arbellan Dry!

>Alurlyath, Berduskan, or Fire-wine
>Or if you're brave there's my dad's moonshine
>For liquors and spirits I've got the thing
>Fireseed, Elverquisst, and...something green

>Tanagyr's Stout'll put hair on your chest
>Or try the local favorite - it's the best!
>Saeloonian Topaz or West Gate Ruby
>Beware the Dragon's Breath - it's a doozy!

>Of course nothing here is free…
>There’s small the matter of your fee…

>[[One gold piece cover charge from any non-local. Helps pay the bills - you think singing and choreography lessons are cheap? Cough it up. Thanks...]]

>Now don’t you worry or be concerned
>No paying guest is ever spurned!

>STAFF & GUESTS
>All are welcomed, none are turned away
>At the Drunk Duck Inn we’ll always stay
>Drinking ‘til the dead of night!

>ILIIRA
>But you buy anything you break in a fight!

>Now I don't mean to brag or boast
>But I've journeyed up and down the Coast
>And I've even been to the City of Brass
>The efreet taverns can kiss my ass!

>EVERYONE
>The Drunk Duck Inn's the place to be

>ILIIRA
>THOUGH PASSING OUT DOESN'T EXCUSE YOUR FEE!

>EVERYONE
>Drink up and have the best of times!
>To not stop in would be a crime!

>COME STAY AT THE DRUNK DUCK INN...!

>ILIIRA
>[[AND USE THE COASTERS!]]

Maybe the second encounter is the one that drops them and the PCs find them bleeding out at the cave entrance?

First original song for this, by the way.

01. The Drunk Duck Inn
02. Once Upon a Time...
03. Giants Attack Triboar
04. The Savage Frontier
05. Harshnag, Mighty is He!
06. At the Eye of the All-Father
07. Mirran and Nym Plot
08. Hefty (Guh's Song)
09. The Song of Stone (Kayalithica's Song)
10. Frost Giant Raid (Storvald's Song)
11. Blood and Fire (Zalto's Song)
12. Lost Causes (Sansuri's Song)
13. Serissa's Lament
14. Hekaton Swears Revenge
15. Caught in the Tentacles
16. Iymrith the Titan's Song

BONUS TRACK - Blagothkus's Fury
BONUS TRACK - Moog is Sad
BONUS TRACK - Together Again (Moog & Hruk)

What's everyone's opinion of music at the table? I'm going to be DMing with a laptop, but I don't want it to be too distracting.

It helps set the tone, but keep it generally quiet so that it doesn't become overbearing and so that everyone can hear you.

Excepting, of course, if you're going to be running an entire campaign as a musical, like I am. Then it's vitally important that you learn to project your voice.

Honestly, the fact that you have to even ask would make me say "No, you're better off without it."
If you're playing a more off-the-cuff slightly random campaign go for it, if it's supposed to be serious then I'd advise getting good at it beforehand.

Is there a list of creatures that have Regional Effects anywhere?

i'm not that creative or enthusiastic
i'm just here to fuck over my players in unique and interesting ways

We use Roll20 and Discord to play, and we have a bot that plays YT/Soundcloud music so we have those really long fantasy music things going and changing based on what we're doing/where we are.

Then we fight skeletons and spam a trap remix of Spooky Scary Skeletons or my half-orc kicks down a door and I play All Star because we're a bunch of memelords.

>capricious will of his patrons
Yawn

Personally, i don't like it. I don't mind ambient sound generators, but I find music distracting.

It depends on the group. But if you do use music, keep it low-key and make sure the tone of the music makes sense. And avoid modern music. Keep it classical/vocal only. No metal. No rock.

>spoiler
You do you. But. Shame.

Soundtracks and atmospheric loops. No lyrical shit that folks are going to catch half a sentence of and get distracted by, and steer away from main title tracks and heavily thematic music like Star wars.

Our Tabaxi is an archer-fighter who literally based his entire background on being kicked out of Optic gaming because he shot some guy who defected from the not-optic gaming he made up and that shit doesn't fly with them and he's constantly jumping off of shit and doing trickshots.

Turning STK into a musical actually helped me do that...the whole thing started because I was humming "Shiny" from Disney's Moana while reading through Chief Guh's entry. Somehow I started turning the song into "Hefty", which is what prompted me to look over STK and realize that it could actually make for a pretty decent musical.

But in any event, while writing up Hefty I changed Guh around somewhat, basically making her a Zelda puzzle boss. She's still 40,000 pounds, but the cart she's on will now be able to move around via magic (and an amulet she wears on her head), while her sheer fat will means that she has immunity to all damage that isn't directed at her head (the damage that kills her will crack the amulet, ruining the cart's magic).

Am I missing something or is Weird a lame 9th level spell? It's pretty much Mass Phantasmal Killer, but it feels underwhelming compared to other spells at that level.

They are opening the box and announcing new line of products at the end of the fireside chat!!

Last chance for speculation!

> twitch tv / dnd

Rolled 107 (1d1000)

Is there a creature that would be apt to be sent for a mission into undead-infested territory? Some group that could go score big in Zombietown after all the humans have evacuated?

i find it works amazingly.
Nothing helps setting a scene as fitting music, and my players have said they liked it a lot

>player wants to go enter into coliseum to earn glory for his order and gold for himself
>has to prove himself worthy as a non-continental native of being worthy of the sands
>hfw he's standing in the sand waving to the party when two frilled Allosaur analogues come stomping out of the gate
>hfw their first round they spit blinding venom at him a la Jurassic Park w/ the Dilophasaurus
>hfw they have Pack Tactics
>hfw they have Multi-attack
>hfw this starts playing youtube.com/watch?v=dFNqp8kAMKc

He barely survived with 2HP. The party bet all of their gold on him before the fight and their faces when I described the dinos was amazing.

>implying metal isn't appropriate for fantasy
bitch

SEVEN MINUTES!

I was thinking of using the Kouichi Sugiyama Symphonic Suite. It's orchestral renditions of music from the Dragon Quest series, so there's soft music for exploring or in town, high tempo music for battles, spoopy music for dungeons, etc. None of my players are Dragon Quest nuts (I am) so they probably won't recognize anything that isn't from DQVIII.

Not for traditional fantasy tabletop at least. Metal doesn't fit in with sword and sorcery to me. I love me some fantasy-type metal though. I prefer metal for Shadowrun games since my players usually play as part-time metal bands as their running gag.

>he doesn't play metal, the most fantasy genre in existence
>instead, he plays classical like a fucking fag
Get out of Veeky Forums and go back to being a newfag on /mu/

Could I play D&D using 4d6-3 instead of a d20? Just make 20/21 a Critical and 1/2 and crit failure

Next book is a book based on Mordenkainen called Tomb of Foes

Yeah but no one cares about 5e product releases anymore, they're all boring as shit

How should I handle the following apology, Veeky Forums?
I'm nominally the leader of our group and I had a pretty good plan to trick an NPC into giving us some info we needed. Things went horribly sideways due to a lot of bad rolls but I stuck with the plan regardless long after it was obvious it would fail, And it put one of the PCs in fairly serious danger and his character doesn't trust mine anymore because of it (this was quite a while ago in campaign-time). I'm planning on (in-character obviously) making an overall apology owning up to my mistakes, mostly due to being inflexible, and asking for a clean slate between all PCs.

>And avoid modern music. Keep it classical/vocal only. No metal. No rock.

It's very good, but make sure

A: It's not too loud so that everyone can hear eachother
B: No vocals or Title themes, anything too bombastic / large will distract players
C: Stick mostly to ambient tracks, more to set the mood

I like it.

>implying I have to play metal
>implying I play Bach and other similar classical music
Classical-style? Instrumental? Yeah, instrumental sounds about right. With some vocals thrown in for inns and cities.

You do you. I'll do me. My players love my style.

Why would you even?

>Why would you even?
Bell curve

Multiple dice make results a bell curve instead of every outcome having an equal chance. This would make +1 AC worth a lot more. High DCs would become nearly impossible to beat. It would change the game a lot.

So basically it would be good for a more grounded low fantasy game, not so much for your regular S&W fantasy D&D

Gnolls. They'll go for the free grub.

Here's a good alternative: flip a coin for every roll, heads is 11, tails is 10.

I really thought you were joking.

Fuck life.

It would be extremely painful

Wouldn't they get smelt and dealt with by the zeds same as any other living humanoid?

What usually happens to a humanoid who eats zombie flesh?

What would be a good deity for a racist Dragonborn paladin to worship? They beleive that dragons, or anything supposedly related to dragons, are superior to all other races. Lawful Evil.
I thought about Lo/Asgorath, but that feels kind of like the generic option. I want to see if there's a better fit.
>inb4 "paladins don't necessarily need a deity"
My DM insists that I follow some kind of god, and I don't care enough about this campaign to fight him on it.

I'm not sure. Gnolls are super-ravenous and already demonic, so I imagine eating zombies wouldn't affect them in any significant fashion.

I don't think there are rules for eating undead though. Maybe it can make the devourer even more monstrous. Like a Wendigo or something.

>implying gnolls would give half a shit about the consequences

It's actually called Tome of Foes, but the mock-up they grabbed accidentally had Tomb of Foes on the cover.

penguinrandomhouseretail.com/book/?isbn=9780786966240

>Discover the truth about the great conflicts of the D&D multiverse in this supplement for the world's greatest roleplaying game.

>This tome is built on the writings of the renowned wizard from the world of Greyhawk, gathered over a lifetime of research and scholarship. In his travels to other realms and other planes of existence, he has made many friends, and has risked his life an equal number of times, to amass the knowledge contained herein. In addition to Mordenkainen's musings on the endless wars of the multiverse, the book contains game statistics for dozens of monsters: new demons and devils, several varieties of elves and duergar, and a vast array of other creatures from throughout the planes of existence.

Come on, Scro and Unhuman Wars...

What about Faluzure? You could RP your kills of non-dragonkin as feeding Faluzure so he doesn't wither and see it as a way of redeeming those you kill of their non-dragonkin status.

/5eg/, how do you handle the differences between crossbows and bows? (Especially Longbow vs Heavy Xbow)
Besides crossbows having a slightly bigger damage die their equivalent counterpart, what else justifies crossbows having heavier weight and the Loading quality?
Do you make any changes, or keep them as is according to the book?

Tiamat

Have you ever used a crossbow? They're heavy. Even the modern varieties you see.

I keep them as-is though the rock gnomes and iron elves have developed unique variants of the crossbow. The rock gnomes produce a light crossbow that holds a rack of 5 bolts that can be fired and then reloaded with a single lever pull.

The iron elves have something similar for heavy crossbows though it only holds 3 bolts since their crossbows are similar to Qin dynasty crossbows and have larger bolts than average. (though they don't live in not!Asia.)

>Greyhawk

It would mean a character with a +5 to hit has a 16% chance to hit an AC of 17, instead of a 45% chance.
Combat will be much longer because no one will hit anything, spells that force saves will be doing most of the damage, and your players will struggle to tie their shoes (to say nothing of opening a locked door)

Basically it would be such a massive overhaul you're probably better off looking for a system that's already designed on a curve, instead of haphazardly grafting it on to 5e.