Storythread

Friday = Storythread. That's pretty much all I need to say, I think we all know how this works by now.

This is a thread for creative writing of Veeky Forums-related fiction, so epic campaign greentexts and other non-fiction go elsewhere. If you have Veeky Forums related stories to post, post them here, and hopefully some kind user will give you feedback (or at least acknowledge that someone did actually read it, which let's face it is what writefags really want).

What counts as Veeky Forums-related? Anything someone could plausibly use in a campaign (which means basically anything if you have enough imagination).

If you don't have a story ready then I and other anons will be posting pictures throughout the thread for you to test your writing skills on. This is, more or less, a world-building and character-building exercise: two vital skills for playing roleplaying games. If you don't have any pics to post, you could try posting an idea for a setting or a character, and maybe someone will be willing to write a story using it. It's also an exercise in writing though, where writefags can try out their material and gain inspiration, so if you just want to talk about world-building you may want to head over to the dedicated world-building threads.

Remember that writefags love to have feedback on their work. Writing takes a long time, especially stories that go over several posts, and it can be really depressing when no one even seems to read it (and the writer won't know you read it unless you leave a comment).

And since writing takes a long time remember to keep the thread bumped. Pics are good, feedback is better.

There is a discord for writers:
discord.gg/6AwKHGF

The previous thread can still be found in the archive here
if you have any comments about the stories posted there

Don't forget to check out past stories on our wiki page:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Storythread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TNMqzEvXISk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bump

i wonder if anyone can come up with something for this?

Well I still haven't completed my currently ongoing story yet, so I'mma just repost it once again for now, and continue eventualy. Just busy with work for the mean time.

It was a typical day in a middle-scool. A sunny afternoon as hall monitor Angela Skinner is just standing guard at the still-currently-empty-hall, which will soon to be filled with students who're on their way home at this three-o-clock in the afternoon. It is dismissal right now as the students have now finally exited the classrooms with the bel still continue to ring and finally after a few more seconds the ringing has stopped and now the sounds of chatter among students fill the hallway. While Angela Skinner just stands at the sight leaning on a wall, waving to a couple of passing-by students who also wave back.

"Good day to you youngsters." Angela said warmly to a group of boys.

"Hey miss Skinner." One of the boys said and waved casually as the walked along minding their own business.

Angela Skinner is actually not a student of this school, but simply a paraprofessional staff member. Angela Skinner; age twenty-six, actually works as part time manager's assistant in a retail outlet from Mondays to Wednesdays, while in Thursdays and Fridays, she's a hall monitor in this school. She essentially works two jobs since one of her current positions as a retail outlet's manager does not earn that much compared to the school she's working for as a hall monitor. But even then she still maintains her two jobs since while Angela Skinner isn't a poor person, she isn't of a higher economic stature. And it does not help her bills and taxes tend to be quite high, so she's a frugal spender and sometimes settles with the cheapest items and products she can get.

So far Angela does like her job as a hall monitor for a middle school. It has mostly been a year and many students have already recognized her as "The older lady of the halls." Since she, along with the custodian staff are mostly the oldest people any student can see frequenting the halls while the teachers spend most of their time in the faculty offices when not currently teaching classes. Not to mention, some of the teachers and even the principal has gotten to befriend Angela Skinner. Admiring the fact that she is a hard working woman, working two jobs despite her not-so-impressive economic stature. Angela has even had a panel in a motivational school event to raise moral for students, specifically in a "work-hard-and-play-hard" panel where Angela went on about working hard, study well to get a good job. And also about never giving up in working for a living and all that which was held a few months ago or so.

And so the usual thing went on. She simply observed the students making their way out of the school, made small talk with a few here-and-there. Even spoke out some reminders here-and-there about wearing proper and appropriate clothing and attire and also wearing their school ID's. Finally all the students have left the inside of the school, while some students continue to hang around with each other just outside the school. And since it is Thursday right now, there no scheduled after-school activities for the students nor teachers during Tuesdays and Thursdays. The teachers on the other hand headed off to the faculty offices and teacher's loungers while also waving off to Angela with small talk aswell.

Angela Skinner was about to clock out since every Thursdays her shift ends as soon as the three-o-clock dismissal hits. Then she heard a bang, a bang which sounded like a door from around a corner was slammed shut. She knew it came from the boy's locker room, which made her suspicious.

>Background Music: youtube.com/watch?v=TNMqzEvXISk

Angela Skinner peeked the corner to see no one, not even a single custodian. This again, just raised her suspicions for she knew no student, not even the PE (Physical Education) groups were staying this afternoon. All students every Thursdays went home, save for just hanging around outside for no scheduled after-class activities were appointed within for the next two months. So there fore, all students are to head home after class every Thursdays for the next two months. Save for those students who're asked to stay after class by the teachers.

Angela thought maybe it was the coach himself or another teacher who went to the locker room. But Angela observed the people getting out of the classrooms during dismissal earlier and keenly saw all the teachers today went to either the teachers lounge or the faculty offices. And again, it could have not been the students... Or maybe not?

"Oh shit... What if someone snuck into the school and darted into the locker room!? To steal some student's stuff??? Shit..." Angela thought to herself about that possibility, it may have been a stretch, but who knows? But even if an intruder of questionable background and unlikable intentions did snuck into this school and is currently trying to hide in the locker room. It was still Hall Monitor Angela Skinner's duty check things out and ensure the halls are safe, secure and sound. And to also make sure no students are in the halls at the wrong place and wrong time.

"Here goes..." Angela said to her self as she slowly apporached the door to the lockers, being cautious just in case. She also reached for the keychain in her on her waist to reach for the key to the locker room, which she also had and remembered which it is while not looking. And readied herself to unlock the door as she got close.

Although it’s mostly the custodians and janitorial staff who have the keys. Angela has earned the authority to wield back up keys for the doors throughout the school since she has proven herself a capable, competent and trustworthy hall monitor. And so Angela Skinner knew the door was locked, or whoever darted into the locker room just a while ago locked it. She slowly and quietly unlocked it as best as she could so as to not gain any attention to whoever was in there.

Angela slowly opened the door while making very little noise and making sure the door did not creak. And what she saw surprised her.

"Why couldn't we do this back at my place, or your's!?" Exclaimed a young male student who's currently bound to the floor by two students, a boy and a girl who were twins or related due to the fact they were both brown-haired and had similarly colored clothes.

The boy who bounded the male student along with his sister replied sultrily. "We told you Kevin, you lose the bet. Me and Sheila get to have our way with you~"

The sister also replied in an equally sultry manner. "Yeah, me and my bro Nathan just can't wait to finally take pleasure with your bod Kev. Oh don't worry, me and Nathan will take good care of you unlike that preppy ex-GF of your's."

And the bound boy responded. "You cheated; you guys must have cheated at that game. I know you Nathan and your sister are gamers. I'm aware of that, but there's no way you guys are that perfect. Not getting hit once the whole time I tried hitting on you, what fucking cheating methods or glitch did you exploit so you two could just fuck me!?"

Angela Skinner just continued peeking silently, observing just as to what else is going to happen.

The sister giggled in response to the bound boy’s defiance as she held him firm. "Hehehe now-now Kevin, there’s no need to act like a sore loser, a deal’s a deal. You lose to us at Brutalphobia; a game you claim to be an expert at, me and my brother get to make love to you. You even said it yourself!”

The brother positioned his face closer to the bound boy's face and whispered. "Enough talk and let's get kinky... I'll go first."

And almost with a flash, the brother slammed his lips to the bound boys, shoving his tongue into his mouth. As the sister simply sat on the floor with the bound boy's head resting on her laps as she touched and caressed the bound boy's face with one hand. And she patted her brother's head as he was making out with the bounded boy.

Meanwhile Angela Skinner just looked on in surprise as to what was going on, plus she knew exactly who these three students are. The twins; the brother and sister, are Nathan and Sheila Davenport both age sixteen. The Davenport Siblings have actually had record of supposed and bullying in which former students, who were slightly older the Davenport Twins, claimed they experienced at the hands of the siblings. The claims ranged from blackmailing, to just plain old petty teasing and some slight physical contact here and there. But the Davenport Twins never really got into serious trouble for those claims and it’s not because of the fact Nathan and Sheila Davenport are upper class kids of upper class parents who’re business people working in a rather well known high-end company. But rather the former students of this school never really had any strong evidence or proof to back up that they were bullied before, so Nathan and Sheila simply got off with slaps on the wrist.

Whether or not those claims are real, Angela Skinner is witnessing something that really is happening for real done by the twins themselves.

As for the boy who's bound by the Davenport twins in question. He is Kevin Lassiter, although Angela Skinner has known a number of students throughout this whole school some of whom she knows were transferred to different schools. Some expelled and some where dropouts for reasons, but of course there a few handfuls of students that consider Hall Monitor Angela Skinner a friend and in return Angela consider them friends too.

But Kevin Lassiter unfortunately is not one of those students whom Angela never knew personally as she nor has Kevin ever made contact or any conversations personally. It's just that Angela does know his name since she has heard the green-haired boy's name during school activities and P.E. sessions. And also recognize him since he is so far the only boy in this school who has green-hair. And here she is witnessing Mister Kevin Lassiter being sexually assaulted by the Davenport twins, possibly being raped???

Or did Kevin Lassiter choose this thing to happen to him on his own accord? What was that bet and conditions that Angela heard about which made Kevin have no choice but to let Nathan and Sheila Davenport have their way with him. Whatever it was here she was just looking on Nathan Davenport lewdly assaulting poor defenseless Kevin Lassiter. Angela had no idea why she did not just bust in, scold the twins as to why they are still here at school despite it being dismissal and that all students are to head home at this day and hour, but also for doing such sexual activities in school premises. And Angela Skinner just stared at the whole ordeal, watching it for about five minutes until Sheila Davenport spoke.

“Easy there bro. don’t hog cutie-Kevin all by yourself. I wana make out with him too… Especially Miss Skinner,” Sheila then looked at the doorway where Angela was spying from. “Isn’t that right Miss Skinner?”

Angela Skinner was surprised, she's been caught!

Angela was still taken aback by Sheila Davenport's lewd implications. But Sheila may not be wrong, Angela Skinner could not help shifting her eyes to the bound and semi-shirtless Kevin Lassiter. Angela Skinner could not believe how amazingly cute and attractive. "My god, what am I thinking!" Angela thought to herself as she still had her eyes fixed on Kevin Lassiter, still lying on the ground, head prepped up at Sheila's lap. And she never noticed that Nathan Davenport was now just near her. Finally she decided to raise her voice against the Lassiter twins.

"Wha- WHAT ARE YOU TWO TROUBLE MAKERS IMPLYING!? ARE YOU TWO NOT ASHAMED AT WHAT YOU'RE DOING!? YOU'VE SEXUALLY ASSAULTED A STUDENT AND ARE NOW IN THE PROCESS OF VIOLATING HIM!? HOW COULD YOU TWO THINK AND DO SUCH A THING!?"

Angela Skinner scolded the Davenport twins out loud. She figured if she raised her voice loud enough against the two, they might realize she was serious and that she meant business that she’d get them both into trouble by reporting them to the faculty, the principal and even the authorities perhaps and in hopes that someone else might come in bursting in the room to see what was going on. But it seem to have not worked, and probably so due to the fact that even though Angela raised her voice as loudly and angrily as she could. The Davenport twins seemed unfazed by her sudden outburst plus, no one seemed to have heard the commotion or shouting that was in the locker room, probably no one is literally outside the halls.

Then Nathan Davenport simply shook his head with a chuckle as he placed his hand on Angela’s shoulder; which surprised her, and tried to coax her into coming near Kevin and Sheila.

---

Well there I just reposted it once again for now. But for sure, I will continue it if I just have the oh-so-deliciously sweet free time.

Bump

"You're absolutely right, that shade doesn't go with my complexion! What colour would you suggest?"

Bump

I used to dream about being a writer, which is ironic because I've always hated writing. I suck at it. My descriptions lack a sense of awe and wonder, and my humor is anything but funny.

But right now I've got a pen and a notebook, and who knows, maybe some day someone or something will find this journal and think, "Oh shit, we've got a firsthand account of what life was like right after the ship crashed!"

At least, if this journal survives long enough to be found.

I'm going to get this out of the way first. Go fuck yourselves, you piece of shit aliens. I wish that whatever ancestor eventually spawned you degenerate sulfur-breathing shitbags was eaten by some sort of prehistoric dick pig or whatever you humongous cockgobblers had instead of dinosaurs.

No offense, but seriously, fuck you guys. If anyone in the future reads this, they're probably thinking, "Oh, humans' firsts contact with the intergalactic community was pretty bad. Reasonably so, considering that the fleeing warship that accidentally warped to the wrong location got swallowed up by their planets' gravity, with bits and pieces of it breaking off and shattering major cities across every continent and the main wreck shattering the Antartic ice, leading to their crippled world powers both juggling massive domestic unrest while fighting among each other for the new technology," except most likely in a far more boring way. And probably through like multiple chapters of a textbook on human history, because the space education system seems to be just as shit as humans', considering the goddamn mess you've made.

Sweet fucking mercy, I hope your entire species dies of space-cancer-aids or something.

Welp. What's left of Russia and China are at war. Again. Over the same strip of land. Again.

Meanwhile, the radio's saying that the Antartica Independence movement has finally fought off the last of the expeditionary forces. Great move, us. Send hundreds of thousands of people to Antartica to try and claim the ship, lose all contact with them in order to focus on putting down riots and killing each other on the other six continents, then act all surprised a few years later when the Antarticans tell us they don't wanna deal with our shit and want to be independent.

But that's all child's play compared to you aliens. Did you really think that now was a good time to send ambassadors? There isn't one fuckin' village left on this dirtball that's not in flames, much less a single government that can treat you with proper decency. No shit, your messengers got killed; we humans barely have the resources needed to protect our own leaders, and you sent a bunch of politicians here unarmed and unguarded? Holy hell.

And thanks for cutting off our aid! That was the only thing keeping the last governments afloat. I'm in awe at how you keep managing to fuck over our planet when you don't even want to.
Forgive the bloodstains. Some little shitheads found my cave. Time to pack up and move somewhere else, I guess.

Finally found another working radio, after Jean wrecked my old one. Was beginning to think I'd die before I got another chance to shit on the latest alien news. And oh fucking boy, you gasbags have a lot of crap I'm gonna enjoy talking about.

Congratulations on losing the war! Maybe instead of constantly cocking things up for our planet, you could've focused a bit more on not taking it up the ass from a bunch of scaley blobs. Sure, T'Fawogaughts (fuck me if I know how to spell it, it's weird enough hearing it, let alone writing it) were just one race out of many in the coalition or whatever, but you gasbags were the ones busy fighting and losing to them. Hope the peace accords fuck you over harder than you fucked us.

Oh, and great job with the second diplomatic ship you sent to us! Really skewed priorities there, since if I've got my dates right you sent that around the time you were getting blown the fuck out in K'Nanda Therta, or whatever. But hey, waste more time and resources doing absolutely nothing on our rock instead of fighting your enemies, that's a sure way to win a war.

Diplo ship did jack all too, for that matter. From what I'm getting from the broadcasts, they just sat around demanding us to get our act together and form a proper response committee, or else they'd continue to not give us aid and they'd make sure we'd never get accepted into the space UN or something.

And then the boys at Antartica used your tech to power a giant railgun and blasted the ship out of orbit. Because fuck you.

In other news the Penguins have also apparently been sending troops to reclaim the old capitals. From what Pauline's heard from other rovers they've got a bunch of weird shit straight out SF books, which makes sense considering how long they've been playing around with alien tech. Seriously, why the fuck didn't you dumb gasbags use ANY of it to protect yourselves?

Roger got shot as we crossed the old border, not like Canada or the US are still here. Jean, Pauline, and Charlie helped me bury him. Anne's still too shocked to say anything.

God damn it. They'd made it through the entire post-crash together. They'd patched me up when they found me bleeding out after I got jumped. They'd kept this fucking chaotic group together even as everything turned from shit to worse, and now they can't.

God fucking damn it, it hasn't been half a day yet and Charlie already brought up the idea that we should just each head to Ottawa on our own.

God damn it. Jean agreed and Pauline started shoving stuff in her dufflebag

God fucking damn it. I raised my gun and shouted at them to stay together.

Holy shit. We're days away from the Penguins' refugee camps and this happens. I gave a lot of shit to the gasbags and the governments for cocking up an already bad situation, but here I am now. Threatening to kill one of my friends just because they wanted to split up? What the fucking hell.

Penguins are fucking weird. Take the oddest aspects of every country, mix it in with the craziest parts of military culture, add in a bunch of alien tech and ice as catalysts and you get a bunch of honest to god loonies. Who'd have thunk.

Still, they've got plenty of food and amenities, so who the fuck cares.

Harry told me the news after work. The Dfougawths are sending an emissary down to talk to Penguin leaders. Apparently the Coalition thought it fitting, since they hate the gasbags just as much as we do.

Kathy's all excited. Rumors are already going about that they're going to send some "alien anthropologists" or whatever to study human life, or something. Live among the people, eat their food, enjoy their culture, or something. "When in Rome, do as the Romans do," I guess. I don't really get it.

Still, I'm glad that there's at least one alien species that seems to be intelligent.

So Kathy's got a Scaleball living in her home now. He (I think? Their reproductive system is pretty weird even among the space community, and doesn't translate well) follows her around the office all day, asking questions and helping out. Trying to help out, at least.

Still, he seems pretty cool. Always talking about his birth planet, always going on about all the battles against the gasbags during the war. Sometimes talks about inviting a few people off-planet with him in a few years, but everyone knows it's gonna be Kathy. She can't get enough of alien stuff.

Sometimes she jokes about bringing me along with her. There's nothing for me on this rock, anyway.

Jeez. It's been how long since the war and the crash? Feels like it was just yesterday for me. I can still remember everything, clear as da — when one of the fragments smashed into the next town over, and when I got separated from my Mom and Dad. When the President sent in the army to quell the riots, and when the bombs started coming in from other countries.

I remember when I first ran into the forests, then the mountains. When I found that first hand-cranked radio, and when I began the first of my journals. When even the mountains got too crowded, and I fled back into what was left of the cities. When I traveled with Roger and Anne, and when our little group finally dissolved hours after making it to the refugee camps.

Now I'm here, giving a guest speech at the most famous academy on all of Ri Ardo, and I'm as happy as I can be. I married the most wonderful woman in all of space, and she's worked her ass off her entire life to finally get humans recognized as equals of the galactic community. I have wonderful children and beautiful grandchildren, all of who luckily took after their mother and are busy doing sciency shit and making discoveries that improve the lives of all people on all worlds. I even got some books published, too, apart from my journals.

And yet I still hate each and every single one of you fucking gasbags. Each and every single fiber of my being wishes that the Coalition didn't stop the Dfougawths from xenociding you all during the war.

But what I think doesn't matter. My children and grandchildren harbor no ill-will towards your species, and the same holds true for many young humans. My generation — the generation of humanity you almost destroyed through your negligence and sheer arrogance — is dying out. The same is true for other species; even some among the Dfougawth youth are mellowing out towards you gasbags.

I hope that, when the galaxy no longer hates you, your species will have done something to regain its respect. And that if you fucking gasbags cannot, I hope that your entire species all died of space-cancer-aids or something.

I've been directed here from /sffg/ to ask for some construction assistance for a story I'm trying to write. Full disclosure, I have no intention to use this as campaign fuel, it's just a fantasy story. Though, just thinking about it, it could easily be worked into something. Anyways.
The story I'm working on is heavily inspired in plot and possibly/probably structure to old Fairy Tales. What I had yesterday was that a fairy gets a young hunter (female) to go to five human kings and complete a favor/task for them in the fairy's name, so that at a certain time they will unite and repel an army of evil elves. The MC and the big bad evil elf that has been whispered to by an evil fairy fight, and they win, blah blah blah.
Today, as I was thinking about things, I realized that my scope has gotten too large, and that I need to rediscover the core of my story, which was built around the five tasks for the kings.
So the elves and the baddie battle are now gone, but that's my problem. There's no longer a unified thread connecting the five tasks and there's no last act/climax to the story.
A fine fellow on Veeky Forums recommended that I add in more fairies to be interacting with the kings and such, and that's the right call and not too far off from what I was originally planning anyways.
The big problem is that I don't know how to get my MC into the call to action without being terribly cliche'd. In the fairy tales that I've read the big motivations are centered around trying to heal someone of an illness, or to oust a terrible king and marry their daughter/son to get your butt on the throne. Or to punish you for being a little shit. And then marry you off.
And while I don't want to be cliche'd in that sense, I'm not afraid to do it, if that makes sense? I guess I'm looking for advice on how to proceed. How to jump start the story and get them out of their house and into King's halls and such.
I'm also in the rut of once the final challenge is done, the story ends. No bueno.

> (Smoke Jaguar and the Stoner's Stone)

It's decent although I felt sometimes that it didn't flow naturally due to how much description there was. It could have been structured abit better if perhaps you trimmed the exposition abit.

> (Potatos are Kosher)

Could stretch out some of the story regardless of whether it's done through a "story telling medium" the passage lacks some flesh on its bones.
>The winds and the waters carried them north, and eventually they made landfall.

Could be

>The winds and the waters carried them north, and when the rain ceased it's endless barrage they finally found land.

Just an example.

> (short short story)
Too short to tell much really.

> (Of mouse and men)
Preposterous. EA own Disney? That would be like North Korea annexing China.

> (How to sell your dragon)

I wonder if they're sold by the pound.

> (The million Ruble Man)

why you write mean stuff about the Ushanka :(

> (Undertale:A Text Adventure)

Not a big fan of the second person but your passage was very descriptive. Like Chronicler said Spacing is important since it makes it easier to read and helps with pacing.

> (I misread your name as Manfred Pedo and I'm still not sure I'm wrong)

I... Dude.. Im just waiting(praying) for the twist were all this wasn't what was implied in the picture

> (Burnouts get Burned)

Welcome to the Storythread. Please link your posts.

Your story was quite rough.

You should avoid doing stuff like
>being shipped overseas in a shipping container
>a bribe to a very underpaid, very overworked pizza delivery worker

Shipped, shipping and very, very. Avoid using similar sounding or even identical words(same kind of rule applies to unintentional rhyming) if you're not going for repetition, unless that was your intent then it was executed poorly. I didn't mention the other repetition like "Fuck Fuck Fuck" and stuff becuase those are fine.

It's not very smooth.

>being shipped overseas in a cramped metal container
>a bribe to an underpaid and overworked pizza delivery worker

Otherwise your story was alright. I myself didn't find it too entertaining although the main character did remind me of Steven Heck from Alpha Protocol but then at the same time he didn't. It's like he is a crazy amateur -who wants to blow stuff up- and someone trying to act professional it's sort of mismatched and I'll agree that Assassin with morals is an overplayed cliché. You could try a second draft or a sequel story.

> (The Vat Juice Was Vodka)

I like the accent. Little bit of world building pretty nice. Only slightly preachy but was fine.

> (Ada, the AwfulDon't get offended it's a refrence to Hagar the horrible)

I like it. Trench shits... I like that.

Why didn't you guys keep the last thread bumped?

Anyways. To those external links
N AND N chronicles
To ash
Down among the dead
Peipers Pipers

I'll get to you later this week except for Peipers Pipers which I'll get to next thread. Sorry for the delay.

Character motivation is simple. The Fairies have their motivation which is preventing an evil elf invasion. The main character however is a simple hunter. So how do you get a simple hunter to have the same motivations as the fairies?

Fairies in some fairytales have been tricksters, monkeypaw esque wish granters and even orgy-attending-drunken party goers.

Your mc is a young hunter who probably lives a simple life with simple goals so either have the fairies curse the hunter and on the condition the hunter helps them they will lift the curse or blackmail since a hunter needs a forest and fairies can bar entry to the forest and lively-hood of the hunter. You can repair relations throughout the course of the story as they warm up to each other and then their goals align(forest at risk) but I'd start with with blackmail/curse thing gives alot of room to work with.

Now for why they need a hunter(human) hunters are the most likely to interact or come across fairies. I'd say the Kings refuse to interact with non humans or just fairies(bad history) and so the fairies need a human surrogate for their will. Why the hunter? Fairies studied them and liked them, Fairies are just so antisocial with humans they chose the first one to come along and easiest to kidnap, the hunter and fairies have a preexisting relationship; could be the fairies healed the hunters sick family member and now they must pay their due.

How to get a simple hunter in the hall of a king?
Either have them attempt to meet the King and fail at first and then revise their plans.
There are many ways to go about meeting a king.
Pretending to be a foreign noble(Alladin)

Sneaking into the castle to meet the King

Completing the quest and meeting the King then when he asks what their reward(favour)is tell him(can do the quest before meeting the quest giver youknow)

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I was speaking the matter over with one of my friends and think I've come to a head.
I think that I'm going to have the Fairy be doing this so that she can accumulate favors with the kings for a vague coming danger. It will be far off, and unclear, but she does see it. Fairies are all about long term plans, and shoring up the means to repel anything outside of its vision.
I believe that I'm going to go with a "Forbidden Forest" fuck-up on the part of the hunter. The impetus of which would be a wedding proposal from another hunter, who is a cruel and ugly man. She rebukes him, but he persists, where she proposes a wager of who can bring back the bigger game. Not wanting to have to marry him, she decides to venture into the forbidden part of her hunting forest beyond a stream where she fastens a long rope to a rock and her waist so that she doesn't get lost. She wanders around for a while, and finds that her rope has gone slack, immediately panicking she follows it back to where it laid, but at the end of the rope she finds only more trees, very close together.
Scared and alone she wanders the forest now looking for anything, the trees are "moving" in a way where there's constant road blocks and walls to stop her from going certain ways.
She eventually meets the Fairy of the Woods who lays it down. She can leave the forest empty handed and wed the asshole, stay in the forest forever as a beast undying, or to do as the fairy says and accumulate the kingly favors. I don't know if I should have the fairy be the one to plant the seed in the guys head to ask her to marry, the fairy knowing that she'd come into the forbidden forest.
As for the kings, I was going to be very frank with it, "I come bearing the service of the noble fairy ______". And some of them will be using fairy magic from other fairies. I do like your turned away ideas, though, and I'm sure I'll work one in.
What did you mean by the last line?
Thanks

>As for the kings, I was going to be very frank with it, "I come bearing the service of the noble fairy ______"
Awh man and here I was hoping for Ratatouille:Fairy edition.

About the last line. Sorry If I wasn't being clear but you said to accumulate favors with the king the hunter must do something for them first like being sent on a minor quest or such. But if the King has a problem that is common knowledge like dragon or something. Slaying the dragon would automatically earn the kings gratitude without having to be sent to the dragon by the King himself.

>Ratatouille: Fairy edition
That could be fun, but I think it brings up too many minor road bumps for what I've been working out up until now (like how to get into the front door of the castle). Maybe I'll have one of the kings not be very pro-fairy and thus have to deceive him. After a while she'd get a reputation about doing this stuff, so once it comes out it would be hard to keep quiet about it.
That kind of goes into your other point, I don't want MC to have to deal with assumptions and guesses of what the Kings might want done. If they're going to be indebting themselves into a future contract with a Fairy, they're likely going to think long and hard about what kind of job they want done. Maybe I'll do something like that, though and have it bite her on the ass. "You have my gratitude, but the Fairy needs it as well."
And regarding dragon slaying, it's not much of a proud thing anymore. The days of the great beasts have passed, and in their place are only horse-sized, hollow boned, creatures that can no longer speak. (which is incidentally, what the MC will be hunting at the start of the story. A long neck + hollow bones = a heavy blow from above to kill it).
There is a legend of the last greater dragon which ravaged one of the kingdoms from ages past, but with the return of birds to the land, the dragon nor the heroes that pursued it have been seen since.

Good things to think about though.

Some of my own art. Wanted to see what it might Inspire. I Have no stipulations; whatever comes to your mind.

Veeky Forums - Traditional Games

I love this guy's art. So beautiful.

Angela could not believe what was happening, that she was being pulled by Nathan Davenport, she was being coaxed to move towards Kevin Lassiter. Who's still lying on the floor, with Sheila holding him down caressing his face and cheeks while as Sheila even beckoned Angela to come closer. Nathan continued to pull Angela Skinner by her arm until finally she was now standing just beside Kevin, who's still held down, looking up to Angela confused.

"Uhh… H-hello Ms. Skinner.” Kevin said rather weakly to Angela, who also just looked down at Kevin.

“T-this… This is wrong!” Angela tried to cry out, but just came out weak. “This is wrong! You shouldn’t be doing this; you shouldn’t take advantage of and exploit your fellow classmate! And you two are doing this to poor Kevin all because of some deal???” Again, Angela tried to cry out in outrage but just like earlier she just came off weak. She was even choking back some tears that we at the verge of coming out. “And… and-” Just then Nathan placed both his hands on Angela’s shoulders and pushed her down lightly, forcing her to come down to her knees. And Angela is in disbelief that once again, Nathan Davenport; who’s a young teenager, just coaxed a grown adult woman into desired movements and now here she is, being made to be on her knees by young-teen Nathan.

Then Sheila Davenport looked directly to Angela with a cheeky grin. “Isn’t Kevin Lassiter such a handsome boy? A cute, young and handsome young boy whom you just wana make love to???” Said Sheila as she held Kevin’s face and adjusted his face so he could make eye contact to Angela. "Such a temptingly kissable boy face huh? Don't you just wana kiss Kevin right now Ms. Skinner?" Sheila teased on with a wink to Angela.

(to be cont.)

Some of the longer extern linked stories.

>Down among the dead men
Sorry it took so long for me to actually read it I've been busy the past 3 weeks with work related mishaps.

I liked the dialogue. The beginning of the story was abit rougher than the rest of it prose wise but it wasnt too bad. The actual content was interesting enough and I wouldn't mind a sequel. Why "Long time ago" and not "A long time ago"? Just the style? Felt weird.

Also what's a Nadyr? Google results come up with a half zebra thing from a my little pony-fallout crossover fanfiction so I'm just gonna assume it's something centric to your stories world.
Anyways good job.

>To Ash

It was good. I really liked the scenery, the story and the worldbuilding. The last line I felt however lost impact "He killed the witch" just felt like it fell flat "He pulled the trigger" or just leave it at "I condemn you" and end it there. Good stuff though

the sun rose slowly over the happy pines trailer park and Marcus stared at it blearily.

Too early. Too early. He was never up before 1:00 pm typically and juding by the sun, the lack of stars and the digital clock next to the window it was seven am. The people in the other trailers were starting to get up, the ones who had night shifts were making their way into their homes. It was business as usual but quiet.

He glanced down at his chest, where the Queen's Sigil was burning bright blue. Something was triggering it but whatever it was? It wasn't his problem.

Instead Marcus stumbled away from the window, slamming the curtain shut to keep the light out. A beer. He needed a beer. Kicking aside trash, and crushed cans he he walked towards his fridge on the other side of the little trailer he called home. Morningwood was propped against the door, something he had probably done in a drunken stupor to keep himself from drinking anymore.

He tossed the staff aside and on the floor it glowed an angry blue, pulsating, almost cursing him.

"The fucks your problem?" Marcus said, grabbing a beer.

It pulsated again, stronger this time and the sigil began to actually burn his chest.

Smoke.A voice whispered. Smoke.

In a moment Marcus crossed the length of the trailer, Morningwood appearing in his hand. He looked out the window again and saw nothing. Old men and young drunks throwing out their trash. Children rushing to the bus stop.

He opened the window to look outside and saw cars coming up the road. No Wyverns circling above.

"Smoke." Marcus muttered. "Smoke."

They didn't use strong illusions at the titty bar. Some of the girls would maybe have a light one on a bad day. A regular who had bee banned or an underage idiot trying to sneak in would maybe manage to get a decent one but they were nothing his sight couldn't easily foil. He had not dispelled a stronger one in a while but he still remembered how.

He drew the blue in, running it through his veins and the tattoos his love had given him, blew it from his mouth into the air. The smoke spread in an instant and from it appeared a long black car parked in front of his home with six men armed to the teeth surrounding it.

They stared at each other, Marcus and the strange men. Some were in the process of loading their weapons and one in the back, seemingly the mage had been warming himself with a small flame from his fingers.

Okay. Marcus thought. That one first.

With a twack, the mage flew back Morningwoods spear tip buried in the center of his chest. The other began to raise their guns but Marcus was already out the window, almost gliding towards the closest man, etheral fire covering his hands ready to stri-

"Fucking hell Marcus what the fuck you psycho fae fuck!"

Marcus crashed into the man he was going to burn, the voice triggering some memory within him. He kneed the man in the groin to keep him down and looked up at the source.

The owner was black. Tall, thickly built with a cleanly shaven head that Marcus could see the reflection of the sun in. In contrast to his build there was a look of utter panic on his face as he rushed to where the fallen mage was.

He knealt down beside him, somehow knowing not to touch Morningwood. "Is he dead? Did you fucking kill him?"

"No?"

"There's a spear sticking out of his fucking chest Marcus!"

Marcus nodded his head concedding that and held his arm aloft. In a blink of an eye Morningwood returned. The mage screamed.

"THAT'S NOT WHAT I FUCKING MEANT."

The men around them had been standing silently as their leader screamed at him. Some looked down at their weapons, asking themselves if they wanted to try and Marcus answered the question with a glance.

"Look"he said finally, gesturing at the man."Do I know you that you think you can scream at me?"

The stranger was holding a compress to the mage'[s wound. He looked up with an almost hurt look in his eyes to glance over at Marcus.

"Do you really not recognize me?" He said.

The shadows of the hangover were still there, pounding away at the sides of his head. He filtered faces, too many to count, and slowly began to drag memories to the surface. Not this human, he'd be dead by now, not that human, one was white the other asian.

"Did you used to have an afro?"

"Yeah."Lee replied. "Now could you please come over here and fix this?"

His name was Alexander Lee.He had been several inches thinner when Marcus had met him, much hairier and younger.

He had also been a friend. Once upon a time.

The mage after he had been healed had stumbled away, locking himself in the trunk of the car to recover, and the rest of the men were milling around there, ocassionally glancing at the crazy fae.

The two of them, Marcus and Lee instead made their way to the back of the trailer, to Marcus's garage. He sat down immieditly in a worn plastic chair that hadn't been entirely devoured by the elements as Lee looked around and decided after a time that he would prefer to stand.

"So," Marcus said." what was all that about?"

"All what about?"

Marcus gestured. "The magic. The men. The guns. The steroids you're taking. That."

"My employer's-"

"Your what?"

"The people who hired me" Lee contiued on, "insisted on it."

"To scare me?" Marcus said.

"No. Because you're a drunk."

Marcus thought about it. He was and he suddenly wanted a beer and grabbed one.

"I told them I didn't need them, but you know how Fae are."

Marcus had a mouthful of beer, almost swallowed that came up with bile attached. "Fae?"

"Marcus."Lee said. "Don't."

Marcus stood and Morningwood was in his hand, glowing an ugly blue. He half handed it and placed its blade in front of Lee's face. "Get off my property."

"You don't own anything Marcus."

"I own the trailer and I own the land it's on so it is my property and I have the right to kick you the fuck off it."

Lee sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. If the blade in front of him bothered him he didn't show it."They'd said you'd be like this."

"They the fuck who?" Marcus said.

"They,"Lee said emphasizing the word."They also told me what to say when you got like this."

Marcus pressed the blade closer. Almost touching him now. "And what would that be."

"There was a goat."

The phrase from so out of left field that Marcus almost lost grip on the staff."

"There was a goat, "Lee continued "that was traded to a grandfather, who used it in the ritual wedding of his son, but due to bad weather," he paused." Or good weather, the goat was not as worthy for sacrifice as it could have been and instead a favor was added to the dowry, to be passed down after his death to his unmarried sons and in turn their children, including a fae by the name of Shadows on White who-"

"Was my Ladies father."Marcus finished. The blue sunk back into him and he sat down. "And with her dead."

"The debt falls to you as the last living member of her court.." Lee said. "You could refuse it but then there's the matter of her honor which you know how they are with that."

"Oh that bi-"The word was half formed in his mouth and died half formed. Even dead and sixty years gone, Marcus struggled."lady."

"They," Lee said would consider the debt filled if you would just meet with them. From there they'd be willing to negotiate. Something to get you out of this trailer park and that job bouncing.

"I like bouncing."

"Then you could do it in a better club."

Marcus had avoided other Fae's like the plague since her death. Yes some would occasionally knock on his door, promising some return to grandeur, the subjection of humanity once again.But they were all lost ones, no families to back them and no connections to whom he once was to guilt him.

His lady appeared in his mind. Not who she was when he killed her but before in the days when they ran as far and as fast as they could away from the court and power.

He owed the person she became nothing. If anything she owed him. His soul, his liver, his life and weapon. He didn't owe a memory anything, especially something as inane as a promise on the word of a greatgrandfather.

Yeah. Exactly.

Morningwood glowed and the sigils grew cold across his chest. Not fading away but preparing for something..

"So," Marcus said. "What's the problem?"

Leaked images of the possibly new versions of the Nintendo Switch

bump

Bump