>DFC Rules and Scenarios
mediafire.com/file/li17bl14bute5ee/DFC_RulesScenarios.pdf
>DFC Units
mediafire.com/file/oa35v9pq7gfe1fs/DFC_Units.pdf
>DFC Fluff
mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>free DFC fleet builder
dflist.com/

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Still the latest news: TTcombat's site is up. They're selling Kickstarter exclusive models, and this centurion with experimental rules, linked here
cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0965/1274/files/Centurion_Class_Cruiser.pdf?7465248998669695855

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ttcombat.com/collections/dropzone-commander/products/lieutenant-colonel-james-rodriguez-pre-order
dflist.com/s/#/share/9015517719282
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for RESISTANCE IN SPACE SOON
I will humbly accept your apologies for having ever doubting me

2nd for PHR did nothing wrong

Go suck a tennis ball

What would be a good 3000 point fleet?
Interested in UCM, PHR and Scourge lists.
I have the following of all three:
2 battleships
2 battlecruisers
4 kickstarter battlecruisers
22 cruisers
48 frigates
6 corvetes
Is that enough for a 3000 list?

Best girl incoming

Holy shit Centurion is huge. Tha't nearly the length of a BB if not as tall.

who stole the guns from you heavy cruiser

why would they do that to you

Yeah I really didn't expect it to be so big

It's not as big as the battleship like it looks in the picture.

How the hell do I fly PHR broadside ships? I'm starting to think I need to readup on Napoleonic naval warfare with all the broadsides. So far I've just been slamming them down the center with mixed results while beam weapons and carriers hang back for support.

Fleeing from Scourge Tyrrany, a rag tag fleet lead by the last cruiser, Centurion, searches for a new home. A home called... TTGaming?

>no turrets or beams on that Moscow/Pete
TT pls

>just got tax returns
>now I don't feel guilt about getting 4x Centurions

I really, really hope the rules get fixed; I don't want to use them as just shelf pieces.

Do you mean you hope they’re still useable after being fixed?

Because right now they’re nearly auto take

I've had decent results having them come in at an angle early and using active scan to get shots off on the approach before they can try to head up the center and get off both broadsides, but they still haven't been as good as going with lots of bombers.

Pretty much, yeah. I'd like for 4x of them to be usable, but not the best or even in the upper tiers.

I'm beginning to wonder if "crossing the T" by coming in at an angle is a good idea. Fire off one side as both sides come to meet, and once the first wave flies past, you fly the length of the board while firing at both their front and back lines. Then you employ fleet assets and frigates to take out enemy ships attempting to harass your cruisers rear/forward arcs and hold forward elements in place.

Generally speaking, divide my fleet up into two broad groups; broadsides and attack.
Attack obviously being carriers, beam ships, echos and so forth, Broadsides is everything else.

Generally speaking, there are three main types of maneuvers I use for broadside battlegroups.

>U curve
Come in at an angle on one of the sides of the board, head towards the center, and hook a course change to reflect direction; attack at an angle on approach, and then shoot from the back and also plink away at their back line.
Alternately, come in at an angle from the center and hook a course change at one of the board edges, depending on where the enemy is deployed.
This can turn into a "C curve", where if there's time, need or opportunity to do so, the broadsides will turn back towards my board edge.

>V curve
Basically the same as a U curve, except you start at one of the sides at an angle and go all the way to the other side, before reversing a direction. Better if enemy ships are more evenly spread across the front, and it can always be made into a U curve if need be.

>S curve
Same as a U curve, except I start at one of the sides, curve up straight through the center, and then curve off again to the opposite side instead of reflecting the angle. Can be easily entered from a U or V curve, and can likewise hook around like a C curve back towards your edge of the table.

Basically, you want to deploy your front firing and non-combat ships first, hopefully forcing the enemy to deploy the bulk of their fleet, at which point you can deploy your broadside ships in a way that allows you to hit the most enemy ships the longest.

This is also why you want to consolidate as many of your broadsides as you can into just one or two battlegroups, and make the remaining four battlegroups all your carriers, troop ships, corvettes, and battleships.

Thought idea:
Currently, non 'superweapon' BBs are not viable (Beijing, Scourge). IMO this is because being Sig 12+ is a HORRIFYING weakness and makes them much less survivable than battlecruisers, particularly Scourge BCs despite their added HP.

Solution: Battleships lose 3 Sig for PHR, UCM and Scourge
Centurion has 9 or 10 Signature base. Since it's old and leaky. This means they're as visible as a battleship even without firing.

>Solution: Battleships lose 3 Sig for PHR, UCM and Scourge
Agreed fully.

>Centurion has 9 or 10 Signature base. Since it's old and leaky. This means they're as visible as a battleship even without firing.
9 signature, but take off bloom from its main gun. Alternately, leave it at 6.

>It's somehow NOT heavy tonnage
For fucks sake, it's gun is twice as long a 6400.

Maybe it uses lighter/poor quality materials to make it?

Major thanks, I will give it a try.

I'll definitely be trying these tactics once I get to actually play!

Good luck, anons! A fair point to keep in mind, however, is that it works a fair bit better with ships like the Theseus and the Agamemnon.
It does work equally well with normal cruisers, but because of their lower speed, in general you're going to want to come in straight on for the first turn, THEN turn at an angle to present a broadside. It's possible to come in at an angle with them, but it can't be extreme (less than 30 degrees off straight on), and it's necessary to use a max thrust to actually get in close.

Really, for all the PHR ships, I'd recommend coming in straight for at least one turn before turning, or use max thrust to get in quick, but the rest of my post still stands. You need to try and force your opponent to play their hand in deployment so you can put your ships where they need to be.

This is, unfortunately, just the nature of broadside focused ships and how short DFC games last, turn wise. Even coming in at a 45 degree angle, you won't be hitting anything directly up and towards your direction of travel; you need to come close to 90 degrees perpendicular to the length of the field, which of course also means you won't be moving towards anything either.
Likewise, turning around in game is quite a challenge; on standard turns, it takes a full four turns to bring your ship about. It takes two course changes alternatively, which will put you on a major spike for at least one turn before you can start cooling down.

This is why positioning and deployment is so absolutely crucial for the PHR, if they're not playing full "beams and bombers"; it's very hard for them to reposition their ships while also continuing to shoot.

Very fancy, very over budget guns, clearly ineffective. Just like real pork spending.

>fancy
Yep
>over budget
Certainly
>ineffective
I wouldn't say "3+ lock 2 damage 3 attack" guns are "ineffective", user; it's strong than everything short of the Pete's Cobra or the Perth's laser.

Is beams and bombers that much better than broadside spam or is it just a bit easier?

Dugan

To the user that wanted to see it painted, ask and see shall receive.
ttcombat.com/collections/dropzone-commander/products/lieutenant-colonel-james-rodriguez-pre-order

Easier? Absolutely.
Better? I wouldn't say outright "better", but it's certainly more effective on the average.

For example; let's assume a fairly "drop heavy" meta, and take the following list:

--------------------------------------
PHR beams and bombers - 1250pts
PHR - 12 launch assets

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (254pts)
1 x Bellerophon - 180pts - H
+ Director (80pts, 4AV)
2 x Calypso - 74pts - L

SR20 Vanguard battlegroup (360pts)

SR5 Line battlegroup (130pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M

1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M

SR5 Pathfinder battlegroup (168pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
3 x Echo - 90pts - L

2 x Medea - 78pts - L
3 x Echo - 90pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------

Even with only 12 launch assets, we can already see that this is an incredibly powerful list. Running from top to bottom, let's see what we have:

(cont)

>Bellerophon
Their lasers are already very powerful, being equivalent to the UCM's cobras, but the bombers make it so incredibly versatile. A full bomber wing from a Bellerophon against some 4+ armor ship with 6 PD will do about 4.34 damage; combined with the laser, that's enough to pop a light cruiser in a single attack, or at the very least cripple it and bring it down close to death.
If the Bellerophon splits its bombers into two groups of two, it's likely enough to cripple (and thus kill) a frigate per run.
Now, if by chance there's actually a target worth a full 12x bomber run on it, and let's assume that this is a properly tough nut with 3+ armor and 12 PD, that full wing of bombers will do around 12.76 damage. Basically, it's enough to outright kill everything smaller than a battlecruiser, likely to kill a battlecruiser with crippling, and heavily damage and cripple any battleship. Remember, PHR bombers have a max range of 24" inches for their 2x thrust radius, meaning you can toss all 12 out before the battle properly starts to bring down some big ship hanging back a little bit.
As for fighters, PHR also have the benefit of having the second best fighters (Shaltari are slightly faster), with +4 PD per fighter. That means a potential +16 PD per Bellerophon, or a combined +48 PD across all three. Basically, it makes your ships invulnerable to anything short of super concentrated bomber waves or 6x Djinn stacks.

(cont, because Bellrophon is the star of the list and deserved it's own post, and because char limit)

>Calypso
Always good to bring along in a PHR fleet; their ships are already damn tough, but being able to neuter 2+ and 3+ lock weapons does wonders for keeping stuff alive even longer. Always good to keep around Bellerophons, as they'll be up in the front of the fight to keep their bombers within 1x thrust range.
>Orpheus
Its beam on its lonesome isn't half as powerful as the Bellerophon's twin beam (on account of how BTL works), but it still okay damage for a "secondary weapon", and more importantly, keeps the spikes up on enemy ships. Additionally, it's light broadsides (while not decent against bigger ships) also help chew through frigate swarms, and also have the benefit of providing fairly effective "ghetto bombardment" and strike carrier killers; 6+ lock isn't that big a deal when you're chucking 12 - 24 dice at something.
>Medea
It's a strike carrier, kind of need it to score. Can easily be done away with in less drop-heavy metas, but in general, you want to sit around "8 troop capacity" for a fleet, with troopships being worth 2, and strike carriers being worth 1. If you drop these, 3x Pandoras or Andromedas will neatly fit into their slots.
>Echo
An exceedingly efficient ship for its cost, all things considered. Besides them being fairly effective at killing strike carriers that have managed to get into atmo and escape your bombers, as well as not being shot at by your Orpheii, their front gun is pretty fucking good when combined en masse.
Consider that an Orion is 107 points, and 4 of these can match its broadside firepower for only 13 points more, while also having the significant benefit of being able to shoot while moving forwards and having only 2" sig. With the sheer amount of spikes being given out, the Echo's are actually able to hand back and shoot at long distance, dipping into atmos when they finally drift up the center of the board.

TL;DR: Broadsides can work, but Beams and Bombers is idiot proof with impressive efficiency.

On a side note to this, it's in my honest opinion that the Bellerophon needs to be made Rare. Fluff aside from PHR pilots being some of their most powerful personnel, letting the PHR get to 80% of their launch capacity through something so efficient is horribly imbalanced. Forcing the PHR to take more Priams, Ikarii, and Andromeda to get their bombers would be a good thing.

Thanks brave user.

My dong is now the Eiffel tower.

>literal hot rod flames

Well lorewise it mentions that in it's entry it's supposedly rare in PHR fleets, something the UCM is thankful for because it's pretty much an amazing heavy cruiser for the exact reasons you list. I wouldn't be surprised to see it get that rule, heck it seems like it was originally intended to be that way.

I definitely agree it's idiot proof. The first thing I noticed reading through the book when I started was that ship. Anything a complete newbie can immediately identify as powerful is a red flag usually. Same goes for Orpheus, it's just such an obvious choice, although I will admit it's not quite as flashy as the Bellerophon.

What do you consider the better broadside ships, if we ignore the Orpheus for it's incredible flexibility? Obviously Hector's have a hard time because they compete with Bellerophons but they seem like they'd be at the very least solid brawlers if given a chance. I'm curious what you have to say on ships like the Orion vs the Theseus, or even if something like europas eclipse them. I feel like it's going to be a hard choice between Orion's and Thesii due to their price and flexibility. Considering you can get 2 Orion for a single Hector also doesn't hurt.

I know from the few games I've played my europas have been MVP's. The opponents really hate how tough they are for frigates, and a pair running around feel like they can go toe to toe with most lighter cruisers and win, but I may just be unusually lucky. Being able to fire both broadsides while on the move is nice too, and they're zippy for PHR ships. If I didn't already have so many broadside cruisers I'd probably run more of the little guys.

Holy shit user, thanks for that write up! Think you could do something like that for all of the PHR ships?

>Anything a complete newbie can immediately identify as powerful is a red flag usually.
Agreed, but powerful in the sense of "this is disgustingly efficient", and not powerful in the "BIG NUMBERS YEAH" sense like you'd get from battleships.

>What do you consider the better broadside ships?
In general, I'd rank them as following:

>S tier
>can go in literally any list, and is supremely efficient
Orpheus
Theseus

>A tier
>can go in literally any list
Leonidas/Agamemnon
Orion
Ikarus (technically a carrier, but it has broadsides)
Europa

>B tier
>good, but situational
Scipio/Priam (also technically a carrier, but it has broadsides)
Ganymede
Ajax

>C tier
>decent, but heavily situational or otherwise marred by a flaw
Achilles

>D tier
>arguably viable, but doesn't really work out in practice
Hector

>F tier
>pure trash
Perseus

(cont with more detail)

>S tier
>Orpheus
There's not much to be said about the Orpheus besides what everyone already knows; it's a tougher, slightly slower Ajax that can drop troops, and basically a heavy cruiser body for 30 points less.
>Theseus
The Theseus is pretty much just pure efficiency. For a touch less than 90 points you get a ship nearly as tough as a UCM cruiser with 10" thrust. A full broadside from it against a 4+, non light target does about 2.33 damage (a touch more than than a UCM 6400 battery), but the real benefit comes from the fact that this firepower is divisible. It can split its guns between light and non-light targets, and thus maximize its effective damage without resulting in overkill. A full broadside is still enough to pop a PHR frigate in a single shot, but otherwise the light battery is enough to bring down any other frigate (UCM frigates will possibly survive, but Scourge and Shaltari frigates are fucking dead), leaving its medium guns free to shoot at other targets. For its price, bar none, it makes the most efficient use of its firepower, which is equivalent for the most part to other PHR cruisers (since the Theseus only lacks a prow weapon). I always try to fit 2 of these guys in a fleet, 3 preferably.

(cont)

>A tier
>Leonidas/Agamemnon
Basically a bigger Theseus; it has all the benefits of its little brother, except for the fact that it's a little less efficient with it's firepower (more overkill due to having broadsides rather than batteries), but PHR battlecruisers also have the unique property of being exactly as fast as their light cruisers, while all other faction's battlecruisers only match pace with their cruisers. Not only this, but the fact that their frigates share the same speed as well, means that a group of Leos/Aggs, Thesii, and Europas can all keep pace with each other in a massive group of pure broadside fuck you.

>Orion
An excellent core ship, all things considered. The baseline by which the PHR is compared to other factions, it's got about 33% more firepower per broadside compared to the UCM main guns, resulting in a total max firepower greater than the Moscow, and technically equal to the Shenlong and Amber, including its front turret. The main problem with this, of course, is the same for all PHR broadside ships. All its weapons are in mutually exclusive arcs, resulting in much reduced single target damage. Has the unique benefit of actually being a fairly decent non-PHR frigate killer compared to other "vanilla gun cruisers", so it also functions as a more general Ajax.

>Ikarus
Basically just an Orion but with half its guns turned into hangars; all of what I just said still applies, except it's arguably a better choice. The Seattle to the Orion's Rio, except it's halves its main firepower rather than giving up secondary weapons.

(cont)

>Europa
I personally don't take these guys too much, I always get my broadside fix in with the Theseus, but they're always an excellent augment to broadside groups. They've basically got a Toulon stapled to each side and with a tougher body to boot, meaning that just two of them can match non-PHR gun cruisers on standard orders for much cheaper, and with more to spare if they get double broadsides. Usual problem with no front arc, meaning they can't help soften up ships on approach like a Toulon, Harpy, or Topaz could.

>B tier
>Scipio/Priam
The "Ajax" version of the Leo/Aggy; it has the same benefits of the other BC (high thrust to keep pace with light cruisers and frigates), and still keeps its anti-light firepower, but gives it up for hangar capacity. Very, very good if your opponent uses lots of light ships, and otherwise more general/flexible than the Leo/Aggy for a corresponding price increase. Regardless, its main draw is certainly its hangers, and you'll always get those fighters/bombers more efficiently from the Bellerophon.

>Ganymede
Bombardment in general is not as good as it should be, I find, and the Ganymede sacrifices a full half of its main firepower for it. Not to mention that it's ever so slightly more expensive than the Orph, it's really only good if you need a bit more general firepower in your fleet, rather than even MORE anti-light.

>Ajax
I've said it before, but my main issue with the Ajax is how much sheer overkill it does on everything except PHR frigates. Since it doesn't have the ability to split its guns like the Theseus can, it'll often be wasting firepower on its preferred targets, and otherwise be less effective than the Orion. The beam is nice for keeping enemies lit up, and it's the cheapest "gun cruiser" of any faction by far, but I'd really recommend against it unless there's a lot of frigate-heavy PHR players in your area. Go with a Theseus otherwise.

(cont)

>C tier
>Achilles
The heavy guns are certainly better than they were before (having to only score 1 higher than lock to crit against ANY target is a very nice buff), but they don't gain quite as much against preferred targets as light guns do. Possibly worth it if your meta has a lot of heavy/superheavy ships, but I'd just say go with the BB's in that case. The real issue with the Achilles is the torpedo, and torpedos are universally shit across all faction lines. It would have been so much better as a regular cruiser with a turret, or a light cruiser even, but as it is it's just inefficient for its points.

>D tier
>Hector
You'd think it's basically just a better Orion, right? Much improved front gun to use on approach, tougher, more hull, etc, yeah? Problem is that if it's shooting with its beam, it's likely not hitting with its broadsides unless it's right in the thick of it in the middle of the board. The mutual exclusion of arcs when it came to the Orion and Ajax and such are acceptable because a majority of their firepower stays in the broadsides, but with the Hector, all its firepower is very evenly distributed between the front and sides. If you're using the beam, you're not using the broadsides. If you're using the broadsides, you're not using the beam. It's an overall waste of points that's only D tier because it's stats aren't bad, but it just doesn't work out in gameplay. Which is sad because I absolutely love the look of the ship.

>F tier
>Perseus.
It's just bad. The only, ONLY time when it's superior to the Orion or any other PHR broadside ship is when it somehow manages to get both a heavy AND light ship in its arc, and even then, it has to split its fire between two ships. It'll pop a frigate, yeah, but it'll be doing absolutely marginal damage to the heavy ship. The only time you'd ever want to use this is if you're playing a 2000+ point game and you've accidentally built one before realizing how bad it was.

Yeah, will do user; just finished the broadsides, will write up the rest in a bit.

Hot shit user, thanks!

On another note, how does balanced do you guys and girls think a troopship with hangars would be? Would it be balanced if it had only half a broadside worth and the other half was light batteries, or would it never be balanced?

Aight, here we go; on a side note, out of curiosity, are you a new player?

>Heracles
Alongside with the Minos, just straight up the meatiest, toughest ship in the game. It does suffer somewhat the same issue as the Hector, what with its firepower being rather even distributed amongst its arcs, but the DMC is actually just powerful enough to make using it a priority worthwhile, with it's broadsides being just barely its secondary weapon system. Good for heavy/superheavy hunting, obviously, but is slightly beaten out by Bellerophons (like everything is) and Pandora wolfpacks.

>Minos
Probably the better of the two BB's, simply for the fact that its "main weapon", the Neutron Missiles, can be utilized in conjunction with their broadsides. This is why it, like carriers, are so powerful; a significant portion of their firepower can be slung around in any direction with the rest of their guns. The NM are "technically" equivalent to the DMC, but are a tad bit more swingy and subject to PD as well. Basically it comes down to the Minos being easier to use and able to put more damage on a single target, and the Heracles being slightly more powerful and longer ranged.

(cont)

>Pandora
I actually don't use them all that often, due to their price and the fact that light slots are often better used for Calypsos and Echos, but they're both more and less powerful than you'd think.
Due to the fact that BTLs don't scale linearly, in that two supernova lasers will actually do less damage than a single twin supernova laser, Pandora's are NOT the most efficient source of damage for the PHR. However, they do have two major benefits over something like the Europa; one, they can shoot forward. They're expensive, but they fill a niche that really only the Heracles, Bellerophon, and Echo otherwise fill. Secondly, they have bloom, and they have easily divisible bloom. While most bigger beams will be putting major spikes on anything they hit, it's very rare for any given Pandora to put a major spike on. However, they're very, very likely to put minor spikes on, and they have a lot of minor spikes to throw around, meaning they can "top off", so to speak, ships with minor spikes or otherwise light up a lot of ships very quickly.

Basically, rather than being efficient with damage, they're efficient with spikes.

>Andromeda
In all honesty, I don't really like the Andromeda. While more efficient per-launch asset per point, it's not much that much more so than the Bellerophon, and it has literally nothing else to give to the game besides some rather (extremely marginal) CAW. Basically, I'd only ever take these if I had a spare 84 points; maybe take 3 if I wanted 1 more fighter/bomber rather than an Ikarus, but if I was taking 3 Andromedas anyways I'd want to cut something else and take a Bellerophon instead.

>On another note, how does balanced do you guys and girls think a troopship with hangars would be? Would it be balanced if it had only half a broadside worth and the other half was light batteries, or would it never be balanced?
It'd probably never be balanced, it'd just be too good at too many things. Troopships already generally hang back a bit, so there's no penalty to them having launch assets. It's basically the perfect platform for a "pure carrier". Especialy considering that it'd be amazingly effective at hitting frigates and corvettes hiding in low orbit if they're trying to get at the sector, since bombers aren't penalized by going through layers.

That said, I would like some new variants of the literal dozens or hundreds that are possible with the PHR; in particular, a cruiser with a prow hangar (if TT ever makes an add-on blister pack) to allow for marginal extra launch, rather than using Andromedas, would be choice.

Only problem is that it'd have to be more expensive than a single launch normally would, since it'd avoid the problem with the PHR's firepower being exclusively split between arcs.

Other items on my wishlist include, however:

>frigate with a light caliber bank
>frigate with a heavy caliber bank
>battlecruiser with pure heavy caliber guns and nothing else; just 8 barrels of fuck you per side, like some gigantic space trireme
>just making the front turrets on the Orion, Ganymede, Ikarus, and Perseus into F/S because there's literally no reason they shouldn't be

I've had the models for a while now but never been able to play. On a remote AF assignment at the moment so I'd have to build the community and I'm the only one with models...
>just making the front turrets on the Orion, Ganymede, Ikarus, and Perseus into F/S because there's literally no reason they shouldn't be
They aren't?!? I never noticed that in the rulebook, seems a bit stupid now...and yeah, the modifications that the PHR could do with just swapping the broadsides around with other modules would be pretty kick-ass...

>I've had the models for a while now but never been able to play.
It'll happen one day, user, believe in the sphere!

>They aren't?!? I never noticed that in the rulebook, seems a bit stupid now...and yeah, the modifications that the PHR could do with just swapping the broadsides around with other modules would be pretty kick-ass...
There are lots of potential variants for all the factions that would be amazing.

>UCM heavy cruiser with half beam half 6400
>UCM heavy cruiser with bombardment and 6400
>UCM carrier with beam
>Scourge CAW heavy cruiser
>Scourge beam light cruiser
>Shaltari heavy cruiser with twin lances and a F disintegrator battery
>Shaltari light cruiser with a single lance and a F disintegrator battery

I've got a cruiser left unbuilt, what should I build it as? I've got 3 thesus, 1 Ikarus, 1 Ajax (just cause I like how it looks), 1 Orion, 3 bellephrons, 2 Orpheus, and 1 Ganymede

Probably a second Orion, in my opinion. Either that or a second Ikarus.

You're missing the Achilles, but it's not good enough to really warrant building one.

>can't max out all the line groups in a 3000 point game with Cairos
Shit game desu; what's the point if I can't laser my opponents to death with 36 barrels of burning fury?

What about just pinning/magnetizing the second battery so it can be swapped with the hangar bay?

If you feel like doing that, I'm sure it'd work just fine. I personally find the DFC models to be a touch too finely detailed to worry to magnetize.

If nothing else I could probably just proxy the model, I think I'll go with some more carrier space.

God I really hope TT brings the 30mm Ares back into production...I want to buy one but even the day they were putting drop commander up it was sold out...

The broadsides are very easy to magnetize and don't look any different from being glued into place. Keels can be a bit more work, but you could always just have set cruiser types with swap-able broadsides.

I did ruin a bunch of PHR frigate weapons trying to magnetize them before I realize they push fit perfectly fine though.

It looks like there are 2 or 3 of us. I'm not the guy you're responding to right now, I was the one asking for advice on broadside deployment.

These guides have been incredibly helpful, I really appreciate it as I'm sure other anons on here do as well.

A UCM BTL carrier at cruiser tonnage would be flat out auto take, just look at the bellephron except not heavy

Why?

>Mfw That fucking paint job

Did a UCM test scheme on my big Beijing, what do you guys think?

Wash your fucking hands.

But good work on the ship! I'd say it seems maybe a bit too battered, but to be fair, it looks like a ship that's been fighting for a while. I'm not the best painter, but your colors are just that right place between dull and popping that I like.

Thanks user! And I did, I just got hype as fuck after painting it.

Dude, buy some nitrile gloves

Why not?

Exactly, which is why it should never exist, but it'd be disgustingly fun to use.

>tfw you can't fit 3 hydras into the same line group at 1250 points
Suffering

>great model
>blatantly overpowered rules
>how the fuck did they keep their ships running for two-fucking-hundred years with no support
>Kabal is cool though, Scrapfleet is at least more reasonable than lone ships surviving
Is TT trying to see just how far they can go with the whole monkey's paw thing?

>Is TT trying to see just how far they can go with the whole monkey's paw thing?
Probably

How's this look for something a bit more broadside focused, plus a BB and BC for fun. It's not really supposed to be an optimal list, just one I could have fun playing.

Broadsides? - 1233pts
PHR - 0 launch assets

SR12 Vanguard battlegroup (269pts)
1 x Agamemnon - 195pts - H
+ Vice Director (40pts, 3AV)
2 x Calypso - 74pts - L

SR14 Line battlegroup (338pts)
2 x Theseus - 178pts - M
4 x Europa - 160pts - L

1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M

1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M

SR15 Pathfinder battlegroup (346pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L
3 x Echo - 90pts - L
2 x Theseus - 178pts - M
dflist.com/s/#/share/9015517719282

I forgot to attach the fucking list...

And here's a version with both a BB and BC

BB broadsides? - 1238pts
PHR - 0 launch assets

SR17 Flag battlegroup (359pts)
1 x Heracles - 285pts - S
+ Director (80pts, 4AV)
2 x Calypso - 74pts - L

SR13 Vanguard battlegroup (315pts)
1 x Leonidas - 195pts - H
3 x Europa - 120pts - L

SR13 Line battlegroup (298pts)
2 x Theseus - 178pts - M
3 x Europa - 120pts - L

2 x Medea - 78pts - L
3 x Echo - 90pts - L

SR2 Pathfinder battlegroup (78pts)
2 x Medea - 78pts - L

I like both, they look fairly solid in my opinion, but the one suggestion I would make is to look into Theseus/Europa wolfpacks, in particular, 2x Theseii and 2x Europa. It works really, really well in terms of firepower for its cost, as well as being easily divisible.
If I were to do a broadside list, it'd probably be something like the following:

PHR broadsides - 1248pts
PHR - 0 launch assets

SR15 Flag battlegroup (285pts)
1 x Heracles - 285pts - S
+ Vice Director (40pts, 3AV)

SR12 Line battlegroup (258pts)
2 x Theseus - 178pts - M
2 x Europa - 80pts - L

SR12 Line battlegroup (258pts)
2 x Theseus - 178pts - M
2 x Europa - 80pts - L

SR6 Line battlegroup (169pts)
1 x Orpheus - 130pts - M
1 x Medea - 39pts - L

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (129pts)
1 x Medea - 39pts - L
3 x Echo - 90pts - L

SR4 Pathfinder battlegroup (129pts)
1 x Medea - 39pts - L
3 x Echo - 90pts - L

Heracles to be the big, long ranged ship that shoots forward, Echos for likewise the same reason to at least put some firepower on ships while the broadside groups get into position.
The broadside groups, each being 2x Theseus and 2x Europa, would allow me to position them separately and follow different attack lines, get into position very quickly, and put a significant amount of damage on anything sandwhiched between them while also being able to plink away on the outside.
All together, one of those groups can put out about 6.66 damage per firing per side (8.66 if the Theseus can get their guns on light targets), which is again doubled for anything between them. What this basically comes down to is that they can chew through frigates, light cruisers, and cruisers with ease (especially if they have targets on the outside), while the Heracles stays focused on heavy cruisers, battlecruisers, and battleships.

Also, always try to spread out your Strike Carriers as much as possible; you can get some very nice active scans off them before they dip into atmos.

Well fuck, guess I'll need to build another thesus...

Which do you guys think would look better, a candy coat red or normal red on PHR? Would be applying it to the hull with the exposed mechanical bits being metallic of some kind.

Maybe try to get a liquid, red wine color on a test model? To be honest, I don’t think that red suits PHR as a primary color.

What ever you choose, post a pic of the test model afterwards.

Bump

This is my test scheme on some UCM had laying around, leaning towards the dark blue now desu...

I really like basic primary colors on the for some reason. Mine are in yellow and they look snazzy, but I've seen some cool reds and even purples as well. Give it a shot, I think a matte color with weathering will look better than a gloss or metallic but that's just me. Their armor is some sort of weird plastic like composite thing and matte just kind of helps reinforce that notion that it's not your typical metal

ok they are both pretty good colors, in contrast to the other user, I quite like the shine and the tone. But I worry, that it’s going to look just to intense, since the phr have really big Surfaces with little Detail on them.
So I recommend breaking it up somehow. With a more toned down base color I’d recommend a more complicated Motiv like a freehand or a glowing representation of a shield.

With these intense base tones, maybe some Lettering on the side in White would do the Model some good?

What if I used a darker undertone, just use magnesium and gun metal from Vallejo to do the base coat and highlights? Cause those ones have magnesium, steel, silver, and white aluminum...

Here is an example of what I meant

I could probably do something in the way of lettering, but I'd really worry about messing it up and having to redo everything else...

Well you could varnish them first and then do the lettering with a marker, at least for a sketch. Or make little stencils, but that would be a lot of work, I understand that you Don’t want to mess up, after such an extensive basecoat.

I don’t know, actually, but if you do a nice gradient of the 4 metallic scheme, it might be enough anyway.

I'll try that out on a PHR model cause I've got one on a ucm ship, but idk how it looks. Pic related

Rate my paint scheme

I like it a lot, it’s different.
But the parts Inbetween the big blue plates should have so much white, it looks sloppy
and the to being red things in the front should be more intense.

*shouldn‘t have so much white

It looks a little better when everything isn't being illuminated by a flash.

What if I used like 2-3 metallics to make the gradient and had something like the first blimp from ?

Ingenerally like that Idea, the white - blue rund shape divide sthrengenth the whale association I have with the phr ships.
Try it and post pics I guess.

Think I should use a corvette, frigate, or cruiser to test it out?

Probably a frigate, the corvette is to far removed from the basic shape of the others

Bevause of the shape of PHR ships I personally think a single large color always looks ridiculously good. I personally would really lile a wine red, I think it would make them stand out, but at the same time it’ll be tough to apply it evenly. Your call.

rip my table

Just sold UCM and Scourge
Local Talons/scene is DOA
Still planning on keeping up with Dropfleet