Can a space marine defeat a zaku II?

Can a space marine defeat a zaku II?
I think not.

Other urls found in this thread:

gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MS-06_Zaku_II
forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/ms-06j-zaku-ii-takes-the-tank-challenge.9109/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Given how light its arrmor has to be to make it weight as little as it does for its size, bolters would eat through it rapidly. 30mm autocannons were enough to shred through the non-shield parts of their body IIRC. They're really just oversized Sentinels.

>73 tons
>17.5m tall
Jesus Christ, I thought the guy that designed the Gundam mecha was supposed to be savvy. This shits all over square-cube and convention in general. It'd have to be made of styrofoam and cardboard.

A zaku weights like an m1 abrams tank and has an incredible mobility on his side.
Also the vast arsenal of weapons that can be used by the zaku is enough to put down a space marine even before he can fire a single shot from the bolter.
Armor wise i do indeed agree with you, but the tactical advantage provided by the zaku is too much for the space marines to control.

I'd give it the same odds as a T'au Crisis Suit.

Any mech is going to shit all over the square cube law, it's why we can't have mechs.

But how is it different from a Sentinel? Granted, my memory on how well an Asault Marine matches up a gainst one IIRC is hazy, so it could be that the Zaku triumps over the marine even if as a ground vehicle it's a comparative lightweight.

Only ones that stand taller than an MBT is long. The hull on an Abrams is ~8m long, and it weighs 72 short tons or 65 tons. So the Zaku II should be less than, or about, 9m tall at that weight, since all the added bobs and stuff would easily arrive at that weight.

The reason we can't have 'Mechs is that they're too tall. Too easy to shoot. Battle Armor/Power Suits that only stand 3m or less tall would be ideal. Anything over 4m tall is too tall and would be too easily shot at/killed considering the level of armor you could reasonably provide. Battle Armor would protect against small arms fire, and environmental issues. That's it. It'd basically be the SAW operator in a modern squad. One dude armed/armored to the nines as a lynchpin.

most sentinels don't have jump-jets or are void-capable.

A completely normal human hiding in a ditch with a rocket launcher can fuck up a zaku if they hit it up its cloaca. See also, 08th MS Team.

At the time Gundam was made, visual tracking was questionable at best and mostly a secret, so the particles that block out all forms of radar, sonar, and radio really fucked up long range targeting.

A sentinel is just a walker with a cannon, a zaku is able to do everything a sentinel can do and more.
As said a zaku can use his jetpacks to jump like an assault marine and hover all around the battlefield at an incredible speed.
In short, the zaku is capable to perform so many task inside the battlefield it's not even closely comparable to a sentinel.
Also i just want to add that the zaku could be used for military engineering jonb while a sentinel cannot.
Literally a perfect jack of all trades by military standards.

>Jesus Christ, I thought the guy that designed the Gundam mecha was supposed to be savvy.

The 18 meter Gundam statue was 35 tons in weight. It all depends on the materials you make the shit from.

>a statue is the same as a functional war machine eksdee
Did you really just post this? Think about what you've done while you drink bleach.

Yeah I'm aware of the magic that makes it work, at least in terms of the scale of the robots. Battletech works in a similar way arguing that targeting is fuxxored due to all the EW noise and that's why you can only shoot a 180mm autocannon 270m.

>I think not.
YOU TREESONOUS DOG

>a real life statue is half the weight of a robot made out of fictional super metal and magical engineering

>an 8ft tall infantry unit can't take on a 58ft tall mech suit by himself
Gee

>hiding behind this
You sure showed me.

There's a host of reasons we can't have mechs beyond them being too tall.

And I take dispute with the concept of the SAW gunner being a lynchpin of a squad. That vastly overestimates the value(and reliability) of the weapon platform.

It's the idea of it, user. It's an abstraction like mecha are an abstraction.

Yup. Space Marine vs Zaku is basically just infantry vs tank. No tank armor is ever gonna be good enough to stop 1 dude with an AT weapon.

A smart Zaku pilot will fuck up the marine from many kilometers outside of bolter range. You can't look at it as "armor guy vs armor guy" or "armor guy vs tank". It's more like "armor guy vs fighter jet".

>no gold laurel
>no sword
0/10, try again

The Space Marine's only hope is to climb up under the Zaku's armor and start punching/ripping/acid spitting all the important shit. Otherwise the Zaku would just do the same thing an Imperial Knight would: step on him.

Also if you were asking about Zaku IIs why did you post a picture of a Zaku II-FZ?

>He doesn't understand the sheer value of having a guy that can put down a metric shit ton of suppression fire down range so the rest of the squad has time to argue about how to get out of the mess their CO has gotten them in.

The sword handle is right there on the shield you double normie

It really doesn't. If you take a 1.75m tall, 73 kilogram person and scale them up by 10 to 17.5m, the mass would roughly increase a thousand-fold to 73 tonnes. Now, the density is unrealistic, but let's say it's made out of solid aluminum, it would be about 200-something tonnes.

Yeah, it's off by a linear coefficient; but it's not a grossly retarded number.

A bunch of Zeon scouts on bikes nearly took out the Gundam with shaped charges, I think even a squad of IG could take on any single ground robot from the One Year War if they fought smart.

>space marine instead of imperial knight or farsight
you mad?

>char vs farsight.
That would be intresting.

Except bolters have a range of 2.5 kilometers, so the Space Marine outranges the Zaku.

And thus continues the space marine vs elemental debate. For real though, swarming an Atlas with a bunch of gene spliced bodybuilders and ripping its knees out never gets old.

But that's wrong? A Zaku II has been shown to be able to withstand multiple shots from its own 90mm MG

Depends on if the marine has a lascannon or not

That's not how penetration works. A cannonball from the napoleonic war that's bigger than your fist will fail to penetrate modern Tier IV steel inserts, but will be cored by high velocity armor piercing 5.56mm.

if a 90mm high velocity armor piercing shell can't penetrate it, i doubt a gyrojet would be able to

Bolts aren't gyrojets. They're hypersonic armor piercing projectiles able to penetrate up to 8 inches of plasteel, which is insanely strong supersteel with excellent armor and energy absorption capabilities.

>plasteel, which is insanely strong supersteel with excellent armor and energy absorption capabilities
Yet it can get chopped up by a space bugs sharp limb which im pretty sure doesnt move faster than the speed of sound

A Zaku's Armour varies from 10-20 inches thick with a few potions such as the chest and shield being close to 40 inches thick.

Said space bugs have claws sharp enough that they sever molecular bonds, and render all armor irrelevant.

What about penetrated by Lasguns, as that can happen too

Lasguns don't penetrate plasteel on the level of tank armor, ever.

You got some measurements for some zaku? Id like to figure the overall weight and pressure exerted by their feet

Why not? Animals right now can move at hypersonic speed

>sudden inspiration to convert mantis shrimp hypersonic claws on my bugs

Because energy is a function of velocity AND mass, and there's only so much energy you can store in what is essentially a torsion spring.

Also Tyranids can in fact move faster than the speed of sound seeing as how, similar to marines, the big ones like the Swarmlord can smack bullet-like projectiles out of the air and what-not. And Genestealers dodge hypersonic projectiles like ninjas too.

Whoa now. You dont need to be moving faster than a projectile to "dodge" it. You're not beating a bullet in a foot race, youre moving a few inches to avoid the trajectory while the bullet is covering a hundred yards. You dont need speed of muscle, you need reaction time, borderline precognition considering the bullet will hit you before you can hear the gunfire.

Tell me that there aren't ideal Space Dwarf weapons.

gundam.wikia.com/wiki/MS-06_Zaku_II
forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/ms-06j-zaku-ii-takes-the-tank-challenge.9109/
Here, most of it comes from manuals. I could post the manual that comes with the RG Char's Zaku if I go scan it, but it'll all be in JP if that matters

You do if you do so after it's fired.

Underrated answer. Battle suits are already in the fucking game so how is this a question, just give the mobile suits Tau stats

Battle Suits are a lot smaller, that's kinda like saying a tiger is the same species as a cat so give it housecat stats

ok give em riptide stats then, either way, a single space muhrine aint killin one unless black library is writing it

Dude gundam is the only universe capable of taking down warhammer.
One space marine can barely handle a zaku and that's a fact.
Hell warhammer fags don't even know what ideon is and still they the pride to to classify their grim dark bullshit as the stongest uneverse around.
Delusional faggots.

Still wrong, dingus. You're overing a shorter distance in the same time. That means youre moving slower.

>says only gundam can
>then mentions Ideon two lines later
Gunbuster also could, but who cares?

40 inches of expanded polystyrene isn't effective protection. One of the discrepancies with mobile suits is that their weight doesn't track with their overall design and the level of protection and mobility they're depicted as having. A Zaku being the size that it is and having MBT equivalent armor should weigh at least a hundred tons and shouldn't have the internal space available to contain a particularly useful quantity of propellant as almost all of its internal volume should be occupied by structural materials and actuators.

That's a dumb question. Don't ask dinner questions.

Real question time: could 25 space Marines standing on each other's shoulders fight a zaku

SupCom could maybe handle Warhammer

And Space Marines can consume brains to gain the victims memories. Saying "but the Zaku's Armour should be awful because of how light it is" is irrelevant because it's explicitly not that fragile. Space Marines shouldn't be able to gain memories like that, Psykers shouldn't exist, the list goes on.

>going by fluff, not physics
The space marine crawls up the zaku's ass, communicates with a psychic polyp that has never been seen before or since, murders his way put of it from the inside, and ends up becoming chapter master.

DURRRRR

According to physics Psykers aren't real, and Space Marine Bolters are trash like real Gyrojets and Lasguns do fuckall too.

Clearly you're not using enough lasguns.

What about space marine dreadnought vs zaku II?

Depending on the loadout that is extremely cruel for either the Dreadnought or the Zaku.

Do you want to go by physics or fluff? You dont get to take bullshit GUNDAM WORKS, JAPAN SAYS SO while simultaneously poopooing 40k established setting. Make up your mind, faggot.

I'm saying Gundam works, marines work. You're saying Gundams don't work because physics while trying to have your marines run on their
non-physics rules.

Let assume both of them have default gear. Zaku II with Heat Hawk and ZMP-50D 120mm Machine Gun. While Dreadnought have Assault Cannon and Dreadnought hand with Storm Bolter.

The zaku uses his thruster to jump 30 in the air and shoots the dreadnaught.
If then the zaku pilot chooses to land close to the dread to finish it in meele then it's possible for the dreadnaught to turn the tables,but only if the dread didn't took too much damage from before .

Supreme Commander could definitely handle warhammer. Free form mass energy conversion gives them a huge advantage. Its just a raw numbers thing.

The Commander unit is roughly the same size as knight titan. Most experimentals are much larger. We're talking about units in the emperor warlord titan size range being pumped out by an economy every one or two minutes at some of the peak eco late games I have seen.

Gundams beating 40k.
What are Titans for 1000 points?

Jump jetting, missile launcher equipped deathwatch say hello.

>What are Titans for 1000 points?
Jack fucking shit compared to the heavier hitting anime bullshit Gundam brings to the table. That said, I'll contend it takes the UC until probably CCA era (barring earlier one-off super units) before it can field stuff competitive enough to be on equal grounds.

Default dreadnought weapon is a multi melta, not assault cannon.

I don't know what you're trying to imply here? That an RPG can punch out something 18m tall with ease? The Zaku can also move and fly you know?

In Space Marine 8e codex their default weapon is Assault Cannon, Storm Bolter and DCW.

The mobile suit posted in the spoiler is so much bullshit in terms of offensive capability that a titan legion would not be albe to put it down even with chaos assistance.
unless chaos manages to corrupt said mobile suit, then the imperium would be in serious troubles

Huh. The art for my box is a multi melta.

There was also the Federation's towed gun teams that had some success (But also an abysmally high casualty rate) against mobile suits, from IGLOO 3.