media.wizards.com/2018/dnd/downloads/UA-3Subclasses0108.pdf

>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>WFRP Trove
khorne.ru/2nd

>5etools
5etools.com
latest update-mega.nz/#!pQURTRDD!D0_R4jIXvN_wTZ1z-clszujTR3vVYaHYHXO1XnAzNrI
Use the Readme to get it working if you're computer illiterate, or ask for help ITT.

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/: How do you handle running away?

Other urls found in this thread:

penguinrandomhouseretail.com/book/?isbn=9780786966240
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there any good Cooking mechanics?

>WFRP Trove
What?

UA: food and provisions handles this pretty well

Long story short, anons, I want to make a race for my setting inspired by the "Gnomeferatu" of Heroes of Hearthstone. How does this look, as a rough 1st draft?

Gnomeferatu
Ability Score Modifiers: +2 Charisma, +1 Strength
Size: Small
Speed: 30 feet
Vision: Darkvision 120 feet
Sunlight Allergen: You suffer Disadvantage on Attack Rolls and on Perception checks based on sight if you, or the subject of your attack/scrutiny, is in direct sunlight. Additionally, if forced to make an Exhaustion check whilst your skin is exposed to sunlight, you have Disadvantage on the check.
Gnomeferatu Resilience: You have Resistance to Necrotic damage.
Blood Thirst. You can drain blood and life energy from a willing creature, or one that is grappled by you, incapacitated, or restrained. Make a melee attack against the target. If you hit, you deal 1 piercing damage and 1d6 necrotic damage. The target’s hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the necrotic damage taken, and you regain hit points equal to that amount. The reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0. If you kill a humanoid in this way, you can remove 1 level of Fatigue (if you have any).
Gnomeferatu Grace: You have Proficiency in Athletics.

>>WFRP Trove
>khorne.ru/2nd
Jesus Christ shad why are you such a salty faggot?

I AM STILL WAITING FOR HOW WE CAN MAKE 5E AS GOOD AS PATHFINDER. BUT ALSO HOW WE CAN MAKE /5eg/ as good as Pathfinder.

Oh, and some racial feats I created to add more "vampire" flavor to the race without overpowering the base-race, ala Svirfneblin.

Racial Feat: Wallcreeper
Prerequisite: Gnomeferatu race
Effect: You gain a Climb speed of 30 feet. You can move upside down across ceilings without needing to make an ability check.

Racial Feat: Gnomeferatu Magic
Prerequisite: Gnomeferatu race
Effect: You can cast the Toll The Dead cantrip. At 3rd level, you can cast Cause Fear as a 1st level spell once per long rest. At 5th level, you can cast Gaseous Form on yourself only once per long rest. Spells cast through this trait use Charisma as their spellcasting ability score.

Tame the Children of the Night
Prerequisite: Gnomeferatu race, Proficiency in Animal Handling.
Effect: You can communicate simple ideas with Small or smaller beasts, and gain Advantage on Animal Handling checks. Gnomeferatu tend to prefer "dark" beasts such as bats, rats, centipedes and spiders.

Sup shadman

Just shad sucking a million dicks as usual.

>wants pathfinder
>plays 5e
>wants /ppg/
>posts in /5eg/

do you ever wonder why you're unhappy user

>Plays 5e
That's a pretty good joke user

What are examples of a situation where you'd use the passive version of every skill?

oni mage threesome

I was thinking about experimenting with passive stealth.

Any situation where DM thinks you shouldn't roll, and your skills should give you the result automatically if they're high enough.

Passive Stealh is your minimun Stealth roll

How stupid is this build idea?

Variant Human Polearm MasterBard (Swords) 3/ Cleric (Nature) X
Use a quarter staff and shield with shillelagh.
You attack with wisdom and have some flourishes and mobility and spellcasting you wouldn't have otherwise

Don't hurt me like that.

It was there last thread. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You expect me to look before I leap?

The next official book to drop is Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes
penguinrandomhouseretail.com/book/?isbn=9780786966240

Hopefully it'll give us stats for a veritable rogues gallery as well as that juicy planar lore.

>wants no shitposters
>keeps feeding them (You)s
Mrs. user, I'm afraid your son's retardation is terminal.

Yes, also OP image isn't how things are done in /5eg/

Nice try Shad

That cannot be, the architecture is completely different.

Actual Thread because OP cannot stop sucking dicks.

>splitting the thread

So what do we expect it to be other than monster manual 3?

Only skills which can be used passively should have passive scores. Perception can be passive because you can see and hear things when you aren't actively searching or listening for them. Athletics isn't passive because you can't climb a wall by accident.

I'm not expecting a full-on Rogues Gallery, but I'll eat a hat if there are no stats for Historic PCs and NPCs.

Stop making duplicate threads you mouth-breathing cockmunch. Nobody on Veeky Forums cares about your little Discord tantrum. Go back there and don't come back.

No

RAW you can use passive score with anything you can try a bunch of times, is basically this edition "take 10" the name is just a little misleading and has nothing to do with the activity it applies to

5e is OSR!

S-stupid sexy Graz'zt, it's not like you are attractive I just find you an aesthetically pleasant incubus...

Heroes' Feast, but I doubt mundane food could generate even a tenth part of the effect of this spell.

Why would you actually need cooking mechanics?

Magical foods could, a unicorn steak would set you up for the day well.

Reminder to report duplicate threads so that the janitors can clear them up.

I'm hoping for a few NPC "classes" with level/CR progression, to make it easier to build NPCs from scratch or scale existing ones to an appropriate challenge rating. The guide in the DMG is a real hassle.

Are we ever going to get a sourcebook for another campaign setting?

my players work in a tavern

We are literally getting it, it's the next book

Whats holding the storm barbarian back from being as good as other archetypes?

Sure, but I assume the original user was asking about on-the-spot passive checks. Although I still can't think of a situation where I'd let players "take 10" on a Stealth or Sleight-of-Hand check.

It's a book of monsters, not a campaign setting.

Meteorologists.

Bonus action cost

They kept bringing up dark sun in the twitch stream there and giggling like they know they're cockteasting it. The main discussion point where other settings were brought up was on psionics, they spoke of the mystic test and said that players felt like it wasn't grounded in any "current" D&D setting, so they were looking at grounding it in a setting such as eberron or dark sun - which is hopeful news.

Bonus action economy, lackluster utility and battlefield control and damage.

It may have some Greyhawk setting lore in it, unlikely to be enough to run a complete game in though.

How magical realm is it for me to make the gnome sorcerer's pet squirrel be the missing archmage they're looking for?

You could loot setting details from previous editions? That sort of thing tends to be divorced from mechanics.

It's only a magical realm if no one likes it.

Would Wizards be balanced if they used Vancian casting?

>allowed my characters to request items that an npc will make for them
>gave them.boons
>they're level 8
>will still be giving them deadly encounters
>they're having a fucking blast
Am I overpowering them?

Yes, but if everyone is having fun then who cares?

tangentaly related to bonus action cost, do folks play the palidins "smite" spells per RAW, using a bonus action and maintaining concentration until you land an attack, or do you just treat it as modifications to the smite class feature?

on one hand by raw it means you could cast for example thunderous smite, and attack someone and on a hit activate divine smite for weapon +str+2d8 radiant+2d6 thunder on a single hit (though using two spell slots). Though it feels awkward, and means you cant use any smite spells if you are also using a concentration spell (and most of the palidins spells are concentration)

I feel like you should be able to use the paladin's smite skills as a free action when you hit with a weapon attack, but with the limitation that you can spend no more than one spell slot doing so (which also counts against the base feature, so no spending two spell slots for divine smite+spell smite)

what's everyone else's thoughts?

True that, bro. Yeah, they're all having an awesome time.

It's worth playing RAW for the double stack you mention, plus the later smites carry pretty strong conditions.

Nice. I wouldn't mind running a Dark Sun campaign.

I shoehorned an apocalyptic desert continent into the original setting I'm currently DMing.

Don't try to balance things by making them more tedious and annoying.

Yeah. It doesn't work, and it doesn't help.

Hah nice, I did the same thing by stealing Benekander and the beagle completely.

I'm about to run Storm King's Thunder for a large group, split into two parties of 3 and occasionally having the players meet up for plot heavy scenes. Chapter 3 should be fairly easy to split since one party will be up in the northern part of the map and the other more south, but what's a fair way to split up the Giant Lord's (or, should the parties even tackle all of them or only do one each as originally intended)? I hate to see good content go to waste.

You don't need published 5e material to do that.

About to run a game with a Warlock with a pact to an Elder God. How would this work in Curse of Strahd? Should I use sanity points? How would Strahd react to Eldritch Horrors?

Mystara is a 10/10 setting to rip concepts from.

>Benekander
???

See He was an engineer on that ship that crash landed, all the crew were stuck in suspended animation, but the savages that were looting the ship woke him up. He wasn't awake for long before the ship blew up and he basically became dr manhattan.

Beat me to it, fucker
Stealing that anyways

>Rad
I need more info on this one pls.

>Etienne later discovered the existence of a powerful source of magic buried beneath the very soil of Glantri, the first human to unveil the power of Radiance.
>After tinkering with its powers, he reached immortality in the sphere of Energy in AC 855, the second mortal to rise to the higher spheres without a patron (the first had been Rafiel).
>He immediately created the philosophy of "The Rad", a concept that represented magic in all its forms, which he himself promoted and spread among the wizards of Glantri, thus starting his own philosophical religion.
>He did not want to be recognised as a true immortal, to avoid the same religious persecutions and debates he had to suffer in his homeland, and later he made the Council of Wizard-Princes ban any kind of religious order from Glantri, in order to prevent any kind of religious schism in his country.
RAD WIZARDS

>The virgin martial
>The Rad wizard

>ascending to immortality to become the god of atheism

Guy just wants to cast R A D magic in peace.
>The problem was that magic was outlawed in his world and widely considered a heinous crime, a blasphemous pact with fiendish forces.
>Etienne sought for many years a way to escape his world, and he finally was able to create a magical gate which he used to lead his whole family out of Averoigne, fleeing religious persecutions in time.

>First combat of the campaign for one player is him, a cowboy cleric, vs a bunch of asian street punks with bats
>he loved it
>and he loved all the roleplaying before and after

I love when a session goes well.

>WFRP Trove
This is now a Warhammer thread
Post ways to improve 5e by making it more like Warhammer

Skaven in the sewers.
Kill the forgotten realms then restart it as a spelljammer setting

Mutations that permanently affect your character
rolling

roll

I actually use this table for potions. Upon drinking any potion that isn't a basic Potion of Healing you have to roll a d20. On a 1, you must then roll lower than your Con score on a d20. If you fail you get a mutation (modified for 5e). Obviously even a wizard with 11 Con only has a 2.5% chance of getting a mutation, but still, it makes potions scarier and magic more uncertain The only time anyone's gotten a mutation so far was when the Fighter got a poisonous bite, but I'm sure that when someone gets Sensory Loss or Rash they'll understand why magic is not something to be fucked with.

Orcs/Half Orcs are now like DA ORKS

Armour as damage reduction

Hey anons, I'm going to be retiring the character I use in my gangs session for a while because he needs to split from the party for character reasons. With that in mind, I'd like to make a new character, one who helps everyone else shine and is generally a strong support.
The party is built level 9s, bloodhunter, arcane trickster, sorcerer, k. Cleric.
Do you think support is the best way to go with this party, or would a solid fighter/tank type be better? Really my goal is to be as useful to the party as I can be without taking the spotlight and helping them all shine.

are there any fun way to work puzzles into dungeons other than "roll wisdom check"

Make them do a maze or a riddle

Rube Goldberg machines

Shit like traps shouldn't just be 'okay, roll perception, if you fail trap triggers' anyway

make them actual puzzles they have to work out, and dont use the puzzles to lock progression of the dungeon. Use them to open shortcuts and secret rooms.

Is it weird inlike playing fighters with 14 strength to start?

Because i been playing point by recently, and goddamn is tough a usefulmfeat on starting characters if you got the con to back it up

It's maybe 25% more damage if you have 16 instead of 14
also weapon feats are way stronger than tough.

Any skillmonkey/Face characters? You could make a non-combat character as to let their skills shine in battle. Or if they need a nudge in RP make an anti-social or full spaghetti guy to give them more RP.

I take the dueling fighting style to compensate, plus the group im with. Well, one of them, is starting atlevel three, so i could very easilytake a +2 to strength, or since i wanna be a tank, i can use sentinal to attack more often.

So the first campaign I was in was a homebrewed continent west of Faerun. I, being the fucking nerd I am, decided to make my character from Silverymoon before I knew about the campaign. I was also the only one with a fleshed out backstory. Everyone else sorta made one as they went along, and were natives to the continent. Figuring it wouldn't matter much, I kinda made up a copy/paste backstory that could be placed anywhere really.

...And things happened, games occured, blah blah blah, and we're actually heading to Silverymoon now. Like, we'll be there in a session or two. I was not expecting that at all, and I really need to work on my backstory a bit more. Do I own a house? Do I have parents? (did I live in my parent's basement?) My backstory went hand in hand with my Guild Artisan background and transition to Sorcerer.

What does tg think of my variant ranger

Primal Warrior

Class Features (Same as Ranger)

1st Natural Explorer (Same as Ranger)

2nd Fighting Style (Same as Ranger)

Primal Smite
Starting at 2nd level, when you hit a creature with a melee weapon attack, you can expend one spell slot to deal force damage to the target, in addition to the weapon's damage. The extra damage is 2d8 for a 1st-level spell slot, plus 1d8 for each spell-level higher than 1st, to a maximum of 5d8.

3rd Primeval Awareness

5th Fast Movement your speed increases by 10 feet while you aren't wearing heavy armor.

6th Uncanny Dodge

10th Evasion

Ferocious Charger
Starting at 14th level, you can run down your foes. If you move at least 10 feet in a straight line right before attacking a creature and you hit it with the attack, that target must succeed on a Strength saving throw (DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier) or be knocked prone. You can use this feature only once on each of your turns.

Survivor
At 18th level, you attain the pinnacle of resilience in battle. At the start of each of your turns in combat, you regain hit points equal to 5 + your Constitution modifier(minimum of 1 hit point). You don’t gain this benefit if you have 0 hit points or if you have more than half of your hit points left.

Primal Champion
At 20th level, you embody the power of the wilds. Your Strength and Constitution scores increase by 4. Your maximum for those scores is now 24.

Animal Companion
At 3rd level, you learn to use your magic to create a powerful bond with a creature of the natural world. With 8 hours of meditation and the expenditure of 50 gp worth of rare herbs , you call forth an animal from the wilderness to serve as your faithful companion. At the end of the 8 hours, your animal companion appears and gains all the benefits of your Companion’s Bond ability.

Coordinated Attack
Beginning at 5th level, you and your animal companion form a more potent fighting team. When you use the Attack action on your turn, if your companion can see you, it can use its reaction to make a melee attack against any creature within range.

Primal Spirit
Starting at 7th level, your companions strikes count as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to non-magical attacks and damage. Also it has advantage on all saving throws

Storm of Claws and Fangs
At 11th level, your companion can use its action to make a melee attack against each creature of its choice within 5 feet of it, with a separate attack roll for each target. This does not interfere with Coordinated Attack.

Superior Beast’s Defense
At 15th level, whenever an attacker that your companion can see hits it with an attack, it can use its reaction to halve the attack’s damage against it.

Like in Pathfinder?

> new book announced
> no one discussing it
good job anons.

comes out May 29, pre-orders up this Sunday. Looks to be another SCAG or Volo's-esque book, this time focused on fiends and other planar monsters. Probably quite a bit of lore/setting info on the planes as well, and new rules for being on/entering/leaving various planes.

Would wizards be balanced if you don't assume every single wizard player picks all the optimal picks for spells, is at a high level and is by far the most experienced player at the table?
Would wizards be balanced if you realized that moon druid, bard and paladin existed?

They would be balanced if they had to make a check to cast, but no spell slots and magic isn't as powerful and they only got one school of magic

>tfw spent 2 minutes looking it up... Before I remembered

It hurts