Weekend Warcraft Lore General

Snow Raid Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

>Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5nTgwqFpdhg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Orcs are the Best Race.

How is Golden as a writer?

a minor portion of her books are worth reading

Dwarves did nothing wrong.

Complete crap. I'm convinced the reason she writes all their books is because she's willing to work for Game Time tokens.

Better than whoever they have normally, but not good

Taking a backseat to Stormwind was wrong.

Do Dwarves do anything?

no

A sliding scale of not bad(Rise of the Horde) to passable(Arthas) to laughably bad(War Crimes).

RPing a lightforged draenei is dumping the class in a coat of paladin paint, right?

Like, even my Fury Warrior should be yelling about putting your faith in the light, right?

elven pride worldwide

Where did the highway outside Shadowforge go?

Truly deep lore

Effectively, yes. You've been touched by the Naaru in one of the most direct ways possible, and you've spent most of your life until now battling the Burning Legion in unceasing war. Now the Legion is finally gone, and you're settling down with your wayward people you haven't seen in millenia. If you can survive unending war with the Burning Legion, this "Horde" mess should be nothing in comparison.

T'PAARTOS!

>this "Horde" mess should be nothing in comparison.
>In the Embassy Velen mentions he's going to be taking a more hands on approach to destiny.
Fareeya seducing Anduin so she and Velen can lead the Alliance of Light to victory when?

Neat. Should I go for Heritage armor transmog or use the pictured Garothi set?

They've successfully avoided being absolutely ruined by flying mostly under the radar but not quite enough to be forgotten completely or become irrelevant. They generally get just enough lore and development to remain interesting without being utterly shat on.

They're a happy medium between gnomes, which were forgotten, and night elves, which got way too much negative attention and got fucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=5nTgwqFpdhg

Restating my hate for New Dire trolls, they better not roll back these "HD" graphics to classic servers.

They no longer look llike they'd be super duper rock and tree climbing badasses anymore.

fair enough.

They're obviously not rolling back any models with the possible exception of having an HD option for player models, that's the one consistent thing they've said in interviews.

Classic servers will use current assets, correct.

Superior MoP skeleton of the Vanilla Dire Troll model, either skeleton for the Vanilla Dire Troll is good, note the tight, whiplike flexible core. Bet that fucker could wind ALL the way back for a punch or chase your ass up a tree. Also his bracer decorations are more ornate.
Let the long legs take the front line, keep your industrial base strong and help the Gnomes where you can.

Equally good Vanilla Model Vanilla Skeleton. Note the sunken shadowed eyes.

Yea I think they are gonna use new graphics too espieacly since if WoW classic gets them huge cash then they can sell them a WoW classic only expansions and not have to make art the old way. It would be cool if they made content for WoW classic but kept stuff that made WoW classic great like Faction only classes.

Wouldn't the next step probably be Burning Crusade servers?

WoW classic had plans of Hellfire/Black Temple raid at lvl 60, Karazhan was also supposed to be a lvl 60 raid along with the emerald dream.

Here's the BfA attempt at the same troll. Note how they forgot to trim his sideburns, made a ehhh attempt to duplicate the sunken shadowed eyes but instead of looking like shadowed sockets they just look like black eyeballs.

Also if they were going for "Dead" they fucked up and made it look like stone. That said the only remaining example of this skin is outside BRD, so maybe it's a golem the Dark Irons made to spy on Rend's Trolls by infiltrating the Smolderthorn or Firetree.

I just want a Pre-Kossak world I'd honestly rather have Wrath.

True, they might do classic "expansions" as well, it just might be touchy territory for a lot of people, but on the other hand, classic's content obviously can't sustain itself forever alone.

I do think they might consider BC servers too though, it and Wrath likely have enough popularity to fuel them. Wrath also feels like a logical cutoff point because of Cata's world revamp. And also in a totally unrelated coincidence because subs started plummeting in Cata.

That one quest where you kill Troll kids.

It probably wasn't intended to be that way, but really, the implications are kind of fucked up.

Remember that time blizzard tried to add uncorrupted Windgrell and accidentally gave them fel firebolts?

Yeah, I don't think "Whelp" was supposed to be LITERAL but they are only fucking dwarf height.
Apparently they killed a small tribe of tauren some time before Vanilla (Possibly by accidentally driving them off into the Downs just to the south.)

>this kills the elf

been wanting to kill those orphan shits since that zombie plague event tell me more about this.

In the 1-5 "Cradle" part of the Dwarf starting zone there's very very short ice trolls called "Frostmane Whelps."

In Dun Morogh, in the Starting area of Coldridge, you have a quest to kill "Frostmane Troll Whelps".

They use the regular ice troll model but they are significantly shorter than normal ice trolls. Probably just supposed to be the runts of the tribe but the name and size have implications.

They don't have troll children models.

The trolls are probably teenagers- if I had to guess, like 13 or something.

Really wish there was an option for Void Elf Pallys. Currently leveling up a priest but I only play Plate Classes.

>They don't have troll children models

They didn't when that quest happened.

They're getting some in BfA! Granted, they're Zandalari, but it's something.

>be infused with MAXIMUM VOID
>try to be a paragon of MAXIMUM LIGHT

This is how you blow yourself up, user.

Voidgoblin Paladins when Blizzard?

I hate how the Zandalari look they don't feel like trolls

Yeah they do, they're just the pure blooded kangs compared to the voodoo niggers and knuckle dragging pavement apes of the troll species.

Wtf I want to breed a troll woman now.

The new-old ghouls, while still better than the Wrath retardo ghouls are too smooth and their eye sockets are too wide.

I appreciate the return to the "Row of tombstones" look for their teeth though.

the Legion undead models are pretty fucking bad honestly, way too clean

This movie was so bad - the main character's father was based on Mobutu, one of the worst dictators in history, whose atrocities were ignored in America (during his lifetime, at least) because he was fanatically anti-communist. This movie is a real life Springtime for Hitler.

How did the Arathi kingdom devolve into the Syndicate if there was no pressing Scourge invasion?

A;terac became the Syndicate and invaded Stromgarde (The kingdom that takes up the Arathi Highlands) in secret then began uprisings. This let the Ogres and Forest trolls ally together and attack the city.

>Be Arathi
>Live in the birthplace of human civilization, home of the capital of the old united human empire
>Stand strong against the Horde in the Second War
>Send troops across the Dark Portal
>Survive the Scourge
>Fall to bandits and ogres

Alt*rac was a mistake

They overstretched themselves.

Part of why I'm picking them as a staging ground for my "Various factions unite" idea. Contingents from the south, diplomats, scouts from even the Thorium Brotherhood (Drawing a huge line of rebellious troops from the regular Shadowforge military) and the goblins.

I do enjoy my lightforged shadow priest

Why can't you brainlets stay in your containment board?

>using * to substitute one letter in a word because the complete word is vile is the practise of brainlets

>defending *lt*r*c
go away Deathwing

hello lord prestor :)

>telling him to go away
>not punching that dragon in the face

>What is a Discipline Priest?
Really, I'd like it if Blizzard would inject a little lore into some of the more vague talent specs. Can we have some canonical examples of Discipline priests please? I'm sick of priests being shown off as a dichotomy between Light and Shadow.

The fuck you on about? I'd have thought you were talking about /pol/ because of the KANGZ shit but what does Alt*rac have to do with that?

I thought he was making fun of my typo.

> Can we have some canonical examples Discipline priests please?
MoP era Anduin.
Possibly Moira too?

One of the Lightforged is.

Even their kids are ugly...

You take that back.

Which women are better for breeding, trolls or elves?

Elves don't look like emaciated mutants, so Veeky Forums's choice is trolls.

Troll women.

Your kids are going to have literal gods watching over them.

¿por qué no los dos?

I'm currently running a campaign on Azeroth. I just did away with WoW and its "contribution" to lore and the players are just a band of random mercenaries.
Edwin Van Cleef is acting Robin Hood in Westfall and Elwynn, taking from the rich etc. The group is hired to disrupt Defias operations but they're torn between the genuinely sympathetic Defias and their source of gold.

I'm not planning on letting them take down Edwin. The power creep will be kept at bay. Any suggestions?

Is Onyxia involved or naw?

>I just did away with WoW and its "contribution" to lore
>still civilization and not bleak survival in the eastern kingdoms

>Blood Elves, Nightborne and Forsaken leave the Horde to establish a new elf-centric faction
>sylvanas is the queen, saurfang replaces her as the warchief
>night elves are invited to forget the old grudges and join
>void elves are retconned out of existence
Is this the perfect scenario?

>Sylvanas is the queen
Stopped reading right there.

Make Mogu the relevant and dominant Pandarian races, Pandaren can just be a background race.

Mogu are way cooler than Pandas.

>sylvanas is the queen
By sigmar, NO!

>letting Forsaken into the elf faction
nice try Nathanos

>low level campaign in westfall
>"pandaria"

Who knows what path the future will take?

>sylvanas is the queen, saurfang replaces her as the warchief

Why the hell would people want that? Even outside of all the horrible shit she's done...she's immortal. People are generally against immortal royalty.

It's the only sensible choice, deal with it.

>I just did away with WoW and its "contribution" to lore
>focuses on the Defias
What?

Anyway, the Defias' main target was farmers, not nobles, and they certainly weren't giving a single coin to the poor. Not to mention the part where they were experimenting with zombification and mind control. Your sympathetic angle is pretty much a straight retcon.

But for hooks, there's the aforementioned import of troll voodoo, their connections with the gnolls and the kobolds, their dealings with Onyxia, the Stockades riots, their potential involvement with the Theramore deserters... they had a pretty wide reach.

Kosak, go back to playing EU4 like the moron that you are.

Didn't the Defias literally kill the Queen in a riot?

Not that the pcs are aware, they don't even know she exists. She's in the higher echelons of SW society and the Pcs are a smelly band of nobodies.

It's pretty clear this guy is an OG Hordefag who just wants elves out, not a Kosak type.

It's not a retcon, it's a correction of awful writing that has been bothering me since day 1.
>corrupt nobles made slaves out of us!
>better become highway robbers
Even at 12 I thought it was very stupid.

Not quite. Essentially the Stonemasons built some shit, Nobles refused to pay influenced by Onyxia, and she was hit by a rock during riots. The Defias only later came about.

Speaking of which, did they ever talk about what happened to said Nobles? I can't imagine Varian would be have been very happy with people outright refusing to pay for goods and services owed.

Wouldn't be surprise if Onyxia was using Evil Dragon Magic to addled Edwin's mind to keep him towards destabilizing the kingdom instead of whatever weird revolutionary shit he'd probably actually want to do.

Most of the people slighted went their own way. Edwin Vancleef was basically a criminal until Stormwind was razed and decided to help them, it was people with a similar mindset that joined him most likely. Keep in mind they were rebuilding a razed city; even if a small minority of the Engineers etc rebelled with him it would have still been a significant number.

What remotely makes it sensible? She's not even the best Windrunner to take the job.

It was really more
>Stormwind broke its promise and exiled us
>it's going to fucking BURN
The farmers were the first targets because they were vulnerable, and so made easy pickings. The nobles would have got theirs when the dreadnought was finished.

t. Vanessa Vancleef

My pcs don't know any of the intricacies of the world because they're a bunch of commoners. They haven't even met night elves and rarely high elves because that shit is rare. They're slowly moving through elwynn and Westfall being torn between helping the Defias who "seem" genuinely sympathetic and their SW contractors who supply their gold.

The party consists of 2 dwarves and 3 humans, of which only one was around at the time of the orc invasions. The rest are inexperienced with events and races beyond their own borders. Also no gnomes.

She's a hero of the blood elves and the queen of the forsaken. The nightborne will go along with whatever the blood elves choose. Nobody asks what the night elves think, they get a chance to get their freedom and culture back
>She's not even the best Windrunner to take the job.
Top kek

>Night elves are being culturally oppressed
WEW

>Nobody asks what the night elves think, they get a chance to get their freedom and culture back

By teaming up with guys who spread plague and undeath...as druids? You might be missing some steps there. That and 'Queen of the Forsaken' is a core reason she shouldn't be part of any faction that doesn't include the Forsaken.

>Defias who "seem" genuinely sympathetic
How, though? The connection between the Defias and the Stonemasons is not publicly known. The Defias certainly weren't telling anyone, they shanked anyone who tried to find out about them.

In terms of actual lore, that's not what's happening.

It just seems that way because Blizzard is really bad at writing Night Elves.

Doesn't help that without throwing weapons, a lot of Night Elf stuff basically doesn't appear anymore. Those glaive units were supposed to be some of the core of the army after all.

No throwing weapons properly usable is something that never really made sense in WoW to me, when Night Elves, Blood Elves and Trolls all have iconic units with them.

That's why forsaken must tag along, they include undead elves and don't belong in the Horde at any rate