Can you have a Japanese atmosphere if the not!!Japanese have access to western tech like longswords and plate?

Can you have a Japanese atmosphere if the not!!Japanese have access to western tech like longswords and plate?

NO GRORIOUS NIPON STEER?

Well the Japanese did incorporate western style plate into their armor in the 1500s and they still came off perfectly Japanese. As for longswords, add a couple inches onto a katana and straighten it out and it will still look decently Japanese as well.

Ancient Japanese swords were straight, because they were based off of Chinese weapons. Katanas were a relatively recent innovation.

L5R does this. The Phoenix Clan uses Spanish-styled plate sometimes despite Europe being BTFO in the setting

>Japanese atmosphere
Feudal backstabbing, personal honor, extreme professional pride, dueling, pervasive classism and racism, and joyful fatalism can manifest many ways.

>Japanese atmosphere
So basically reading up on Shintoism, Buddhism and Japanese Feudalism? Yeah, we can do that.

>Well the Japanese did incorporate western style plate into their armor in the 1500s
They hopped on everything the Portuguese had to offer them. Plate, arquebuses and for a very short time Christianity. I still wonder what anime from a Catholic Japan would look like.

Would be interesting to see a Japan where rather than getting banned you ended up with Christianity being incorporated into Shinto like Buddhism was.

>Saint Jimmu

>I still wonder what anime from a Catholic Japan would look like.
Not that different. The Italians and Latin Americans all love Card Captor Sakura.

There are those who don't?

>instead of saying "I'm Home!" everytime they enter their home so they don't frighten the houses protector-kami, they say it so the spirit of God/Jesus is able to welcome them in kind.

Those who lack souls.

Take a look into the Kakure Kirishitan.

WAIT A SECOND
THAT WHOLE 'TADAIMA' THING IS SAID TO THE PROTECTOR SPIRITS OF THEIR HOUSEHOLD?
WHY DID I NOT KNOW THAT?
I PRESUMED IT WAS JUST A THING THEY DID

Easily. Pretty much everything in Japan was originally stolen from elsewhere and Japanized.

I don't think even japanese people know that

Yeah.
Check out "Silence" by Shusaku Endo and "Deus Destroyed" by George Elison for starters. Best prose and academic literature on the subject of Christianity in Japan you can find.
Seriously: go. Read them right now.

That is because it's not really true.

Is there any more art like this?

Dude, fucking google image search. You see that blue triangle right behind the post number? Click on it, then select image search and then google. It takes like ten seconds.
Artists name is Yamamato Takato, knock yourself out.

Man, most of this guy's work is, uh, pretty different in subject matter.

Heh, do the actual search.

Look man, I'm a filthy mobilefag. Google search doesn't work half the time and I have to open a couple tabs of the image and try it on each one before it works. That's, like, a minute of effort. If being lazy has the price of seeing some fabulous hermaphrodites in bondage that's the price I'll pay.

>I'm a filthy mobilefag
In case your inferior system cannot display it, I've accompanied this post with the face of a disgusted anime girl to properly express my disdain.

When they invent an easy way to shitpost on the train or while shitting while on Desktop, I'll join you in the light. Right now I'm reclined, comfy in my bed and that's the real victory.

>When they invent an easy way to shitpost on the train or while shitting while on Desktop
They already did that, it's called laptop or a notebook.

>implying that lamellar and pig-iron katanas are bellwethers of Japanese society

N O
O

Watch “Saint Young Men”

You will regret that desire