Thoughts on Hero Forge?

Thoughts on Hero Forge?

haha benis

Fun toy to play around with and I like how they're always updating it.

Have never ordered anything with it, though I know people who have and the model quality is decent. Probably won't ever use it though, because I never put much priority on miniatures. Plus I'd hate to order one and then have that character die before it shows up. Then you're just stuck with a glorified totem.

>not having a character graveyard with their miniatures as tombstones

They suck to paint and the one made to paint is made like shit.
Otherwise they're great, I use them frequently.

???

>I never put much priority on miniatures

You disgust me.

My group all think its really cool, quite expensive but really worth it.

tg will probably hate it for no obvious reason.

Pricey but solid. Could use some more pose work, but I appreciate that they keep adding content and take suggestions on their FB page. Haven't painted the ones I got yet, though.

Never heard of it but I just played around and created some cool dudes. Seem too specific for general play though.

Depends on quality but it doesn't look that expensive.

I really wish there was a digital painter, I'd use HF to make character images for every online RPG I ever play.

"Just sell me a fucking model file, you fucking assholes."

I like it.
But they don't ship to my third world shithole and the minis are way too expensive anyways.

Overpriced but decent quality.
Having complete control over the look is nice
Looking forward to more options.

If you've got the money they're pretty good. Got a friend who gets one for pretty much every campaign he plays in. It helps that they are pretty easy to paint too.

This.

I'm not asking for a full file with skeleton and everything. Just bake it in a single mesh.

...they do.

Yeah, I just went and checked. Material > Digital Download. STL format, ten bucks.

My friend installed some linux software shit to reconstruct the 3D model from a bunch of screenshots he took. It worked but it wasn't perfect

You aren't going to win any painting contests with them. They have 3d print lines all over them, and little 'pips'. The legs are fragile (they can break where the print lines are) but can be re-glued. If my players want a custom mini, I would rather kit-bash something from a few lead mini's and give them something real nice. But, some people like them... then again some people like Bones... I don't.

Great if you're a meme streamer and have the income to blow the budget on figures and Dwarven Forge, otherwise overpriced and unnecessary.

Prohibitively expensive, shit proportions and not that many items / gear.

For how easy it is to model gear they should add a fuckton more

A little expensive but the one I ordered came out good. Still haven't gotten around to painting it. Overall good quality.

With their premium plastic option, you can get results almost as good as GW minis which are quite resilient as well

Pauldroncore

Yawn and move on

Pretty neat service, can get MUCH nicer minis for $30 that are more detailed and much, much more durable (won't snap a lot if you drop them). Worth it to have a neat mini that's mostly exactly what you wanted and/or if you're playing something like dragonborn, unique weapon user (shaolin spade), or a heroic zombie that is hard to find minis for - not worth it outside that hook of customization or highly unusual minis.

t. Games Workshop

I'm considering making a mini with it for that reason.
Turns out its pretty fucking hard to find a tiefling or a demonic looking woman that is actually clothed.

>being this new

can't you, like copy the graphics card memory cache to disk and extract the 3D data you want from that? I know computer savvy people do it to get 3D game assets.they want to play around with.

The fuck? 2d images on a website dont have a 3d mesh, dingus. Youre not rendering several billion poly's on your GPU to create a fly around preview on a web browser.

>heroic scale
It's trash. Everyone who justifies this shit in a world where CAD exists is wrong and should get a better taste.

Mad overpriced

I would give all of my books, dice, and other gaming things to satan on a glorious pyre in exchange for a program that lets you pick and choose parts and make a file you can print. I honestly only started to learn 3d sculpting because their prices are so unreasonable.

The fuck is CAD?

Computer-assisted design. Companies that use it make the best miniatures, companies that don't make the worst. Basically it allows you to model a miniature, print it on a super-expensive high resolution 3D printer and get a master moder, aka do the same thing sculptors used to do but better and faster.

My group never uses minis in play, but at the tail end of our last long-term campaign, my friend made one for my character and it's one of my most valued possessions.

that's super cute tbqhwy fampai

That is just your retarded opinion, which can and will be ignored.