Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

I Don’t Know What I Expected Edition

Previous Thread: Latest news
>warhammer-community.com/2018/01/30/legions-nagash-grand-host-nagash-new-summoninggw-homepage-post-2/
>warhammer-community.com/2018/01/31/legions-nagash-legion-sacrament/
>warhammer-community.com/2018/02/01/legions-nagash-legion-blood-prince-vhordraigw-homepage-post-2/
>warhammer-community.com/2018/02/02/legion-night-bloodseeker-palanquingw-homepage-post-2/

Malign Portents Website is up!
>malignportents.com/

Resources
>pastebin.com/cPgyVjT6

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules
General's Handbook 2017
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army and Skirmish Warband builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/
City generator
>repl.it/Lfm3/2
Art Database
>ageofsigmart.booru.org/index.php

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Battletome-Legions-Of-Nagash-2018-ENG
runebrush.pa-sy.com/2018/01/legions-of-nagash-warscroll-leaks/
youtube.com/watch?v=4uUTV4wu-qY
warhammer-community.com/2018/01/06/new-year-new-armies-reveals-new-years-open-day/
youtube.com/watch?v=en5fgdLTQO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Big Morathi tits right in my face

first for mother of hope no more

First for the Kroak!

Why would you want a Bloodseeker Palanquin? The Coven Throne is all about the thots. Without thots, what's the point?

there is no picture so it does not count

It buffs your female blood knights.
And you know what they say about vampires in blood rage...

What's better in Death Soup, Crypt Horrors or Vargheists?

we don't know all the warscrolls and synergies yet

Did the leak not have all the new scrolls?

no

So, when will we get the gribbly books?

they buffed the zombies, haven't they?

>Mortis engine still has no nighthaunt keyword
That's pathetic

I've been thinking about reinfocring my Kharadron with some Stormcast, including th new hero for Malign Portents

I'd like to try something different, so waht do you think about this birhgt silver-dark green colour scheme?

they are currently updating them on the site i think

It works for Slytherin, it can work for you!
Though I think I'd drop the purple.

Should be fine but maybe don't go too dark with the green

Good advice, at least my metals would be a lot shinnier than those of the picture

Yeah I thought the same, and about the purple, I'll a test on one of them and I'll see

>Not changing Dead Dove to Death Soup
You absolute failure.

9000 hours in paint

Is that supposed to be glow? Because all I see is angry black eyes and very heavy green eyeshadow.

I don't know - just posted a pic of SCE with green parts

Looks like slime to me.

>dead
>not death
memeing is not for you I guess...

Thanks doc

Is that warplock bronze layered with brass scorpion? I'm still trying to decide if I should do that or Balthazar layered with hashnut copper for bronze.

How's this list?

>Lord of Plagues 140p [general]
>Poxbringer 120p

>20 Plaguebearers of Nurgle 240p
>5 Putrid Blightkings 160p

>3 Nurglings 100p
>3 Plague Drones 200p

960/1000

Probably going up against Blades of Khorne or Tomb Kings in a casual game later today. So I am just wondering if this list is any good

It should be fine. At list you have enough plaguebearers to trigger their ability. Also what allegiance abilities will you use?

I am going to use Nurgle as my main faction keywords, and I am giving my LoP Rustfang, and giving him the "Hulking Physique" Command trait (if that's the command trait that gives him +1 to hit in melee) I am doing this out of memory and I do not have my Battletome with me atm

Ment to reply to this instead of my own

Well, so I'm preparing for my first game with STD. The plan is to secure objectives with killy warriors buffed by Exalted Hero. Sorcerer is meant to support knights and chariot. If something goes wrong he can just swap the mark and hide between warriors thanks to M10".
Any chance I will not be tabled in t1?

Allegiance: Slaves To Darkness
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (160)
- General
- Mount: Steed (M 10" to support knights and chariot)
- Runestaff
- Trait: Master of Deception (-1 to hit for attacks that target him in thcombat phase)
- Artefact: Mark of the All-favoured (can swap between marks)
- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh (reroll 1s run and charge for him and all Slaanesh units within 6")
Exalted Hero Of Chaos (80)
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle (reroll 1s to wound for him and all Nurgle units within 6")

10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapons (reroll 1s to hit)
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle
10 x Chaos Warriors (180)
- Hand Weapons
- Mark of Chaos: Nurgle

5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives (D2 R1 if charged)
- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh
5 x Chaos Knights (160)
- Chaos Glaives

1 x Chaos Chariots (80)
- Greatblades

Total: 1000 / 1000
Wounds: 87

>If something goes wrong he can just swap the mark
>he can just swap the mark
>swap the mark

Do you mean change his [chaos god] keyword? Becuase that's not possible to do mid game (unless I have missed something). But the list looks great either way. Good luck with you game user!

Alright got it, I was just confused. Thanks for clearing it up user

I don't understand why they not only ditched WHFB lore, but also the wonderful medieval-fantasy aesthetics and instead replaced it with this unholy abomination blending of fantasy, medieval, 40k, WoW and saturday morning cartoons styles.

I NEED this to be a new hydra model, jeez

>57765900

It wasn't doing very well, so they rebooted the world (in a sense) and went with a whole new concept. But WHFB is still there, it's just not supported by GW anymore, but a new RPG books is coming, total war has made awesome games from it, tons of novels exists. So the old world is still with us. But this is the Age of Sigmar, a game of heroes, myth and wonders, I advise to give it a shot and don't be too judgemental of the setting and it's fans, I hope you have fun if you try it user.

Come on guys the warqueen is not SO bad. Needs a better paintjob, starting with knowing how to paint a female face properly, more muscle definition using paint, and some filling in the chest to make it look like an actual woman.

Yeah, if you pay a competent artist to mod 50% of the sculpt and give it a competition level paintjob you can probably fix this turd.

I'll try it when I take a look at the new undead rules and see if I can use some of my VC backlog to build an AoS warband. I need to buy round bases though.

user, he is just baiting - why are you even replying?
My problem with the warqueen is her warscroll. It's just another slaves to darkness model with no support to mark of chaos ability

I'm afraid it's too late for a new hydra model. If they planned to make a new one the DoK would have had it for sure.

>I need to buy round bases though
There are no rules for not needing round bases. I personally wouldn't mind playing with someone using square bases (some of my own models still got sqaures). So you're fine with using square bases

Yeah, but consi9dering I'll probably never use my VC for WHFB again, I'm tempted to just port everything to round bases, paint the rest of the backlog for AoS, and sell what I don't need, like the 200+ infantry models I have.

They wanted to fit sigmarines in, and Stormcast wouldn't fit ye olde empire very well.
They also got the opportunity to squat and "consolidate" a bunch of factions that weren't selling.
Let me explain the "consolidate" part:
dwarves and lizardmen together in an army would also make little sense in the old setting, in this new setting mixing and matching is more plausible, and they can expect people to buy all kinds of models from all kinds of faction rather than dedicating themselves to a single army and waiting 2 years to buy few new models.

Also they needed an excuse to introduce round bases, and rebooted or new models do it just fine.
The backlash would have been huge even if they just said "rebase your whole army lol"! For a simple rule change.

Also, the target customer base was NOT Warhammer fantasy fans, which they saw as too few. They didn't try to appeal to them, they wanted to build something from the ground up that would appeal to 40kfags and newfags alike.

I don't know how they got to the conclusion that making everything extremely vague, abstract and exaggerated would be the way to go, though.
Thank God they're backtracking on that.

The whfb lore is still canon, it was the setting they dropped. I am sad about the medival flavor going away too.

yeah I fear the same

>GW updating plastics
lol

Because it's better.

Bestigors as chaos chosen - good idea? I thought about khorne blood warriors but they are full of khorne details. Also I want some variety and non-human models desu. I'm just not sure if slapping shields on their back and some generic chaos bits will do the trick

As long as you're not also using actual Bestigors, it'd be fine.

Nope, I just want to add some flavor but everything will be runned as StD

Because it's hilarious to make IG fanboys mad as fuck that Sigmarines are fucking their fantasy equivalents in the butt.

so i can play a soulblight legion of blood army.
that -may- compensate the loss of the reg banner.

also it makes all soup trolling wrong...
funny.

I'd add something to make the model feel thicker and heavier, like a cape or a skirt.
Something to make it less barbaric and more ironclad. Play around with chaos bits.

...if you don't, the paintjob should be enough though.

Could you post the link for all the images, please?

eh. it's the preview. in the shop.

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Battletome-Legions-Of-Nagash-2018-ENG

Or did you mean the leak from last week?

runebrush.pa-sy.com/2018/01/legions-of-nagash-warscroll-leaks/

Its not like they've done it literally countless times before . . .

o w8

The dok doesn't get the hydra.
It's scourged privateers.

Yes, those ones. Sorry, I'm currently studying for exams and I missed them
What's the general opinion about it? They seemed fun enough from the official previews

Nagash is still 800pts... Still unplayable.

No you stupid fuck; privateers get the kharibdyss, order serpentis gets the hydra

whatever. dok don't get neither.

Shame I'm not playing CSM - I have nearly no spare chaos bits

Could have been a new Hydra, or yknow just give the DoK the model because who cares about [insert microfaction here]

Let's be honest, is a hydra going to fit better in any army than the Greek elf army full of medusae, lamia's and harpies? Didn't think so.

we lost our regen banners on all units but got a stackable regen ability on all heroes

time will tell if this was a good change

>*snipes your heroes*
>*forces you to play Arkhan*
LOL

yeah, it's the stupid faction splitting. i don't like it too.

because every army has that kind of firepower?

Every game you will ever play is against top 10 torunament lists, no exeption.

lol, why the fuck should i play a game like aos in tournament mode? that would be so stupid.

We still don't know if the artifacts are legion specific.

Because I hve no fucking idea, I'm not the one going on and on about sniping soups.

Arkhan has a battalion that shields him from attack.

I want the new soulblight allegiance

it's the gh17 one, it's c&p

Proofs? I don't see why they would include the old one in a brand new book if you need the GHB anyways for matched play.

Well its not going to be exactly the same as we are getting new spells for vampires.

Are you retarded? Just download the GHB17. Also GW mentioned SB AAs in LoN few times at least

the warcom articles spoke of six allegiance abilities, four of them new

If you see "proofs", it's our slavic friend struggling with english again.

Would the "evidence" be a correct word to be used in this sentence? Not gonna lie - I'm an eastern slav too and my english is a little bit rusty. For now Veeky Forums is my only chance to use it everyday

Proof is always singular. Two pieces of evidence are still one proof of something.

Oh fuck, okay - just noticed that proof is always singular

Proofs is just a fun meme, I'm actually a Canadian. Also, having a soulblight alleigance in the GHB doesn't mean the one in legions of Nagash won't be new.

hownew.ru

You really shouldn't post if you've been lurking less than a year.

Which one? I just reread them and couldn't find anything

>Squatting fatman
looks like a dwarf when theres nothing beside it for scale. Might as well be a 25 mm base

>More muscle definition
>implying lower bodyfay
>bigger boobs
That's not how it works user

You should change it in some way.
Id give it human helmets, but the rest of the model is the bestigore model. Chaos Warrior heads would work well.

WHAT THE FUCK GW
WHY WOULD YOU NOT PUT THE BEST DEATH FACTION IN THE DEATH BOOK
FUCK YOU

Oh look GW sent the book to "influencers" to make battle reports already and promote the game:

youtube.com/watch?v=4uUTV4wu-qY

Meh.

warhammer-community.com/2018/01/06/new-year-new-armies-reveals-new-years-open-day/

wut?

>Story of what happened
>"Vandus Hammerhand having bad dreams"
fucking dropped.
Theres also a battletome review youtube.com/watch?v=en5fgdLTQO0

For one, that article is inaccurate, stating that all death models will be in Legions of Nagash, and it also says four new allegiances, but doesn't state the old ones won't get new rules.

Flesh Eater Courts got squatted

>You should change it in some way
It's not my model - it's just a pic for attention