How elves integrate in human society ?

> "Can i have a beer too?"

> "I don't know Jan... Aren't you too young for strong beer? I don't want your mother to be angry at me!"

> "You are a pussy Michel!" Jan said -Jan being his human name-. The grey elf sipped his juice, trying to avoid to spill it on his student robes. "I'm actually older than you!"

> "Two months, and you know what I mean!" his classmate said. "You are still a child, after all these years!"

> "And you are still a pussy, after all these years!" Jan mimicked his tone.

How can elves coexist in human society without being alienated ?

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bold-faced
english.stackexchange.com/questions/137551/bald-faced-lie-vs-bold-faced-lie
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How can elves coexist in human society without being alienated ?
The same way as any other minority: by keeping their numbers so low that they cannot threaten the dominant group in either demographics or culture and are thereby forced to assimilate or die. Though perhaps some groups are so different, we must acknowledge directly that assimilation may be impossible.

Why is it always the other races that are a minority?
I think it's much more interesting to try o think how humans would try to fit in a society where they're the minority and elves are the majority.

I can answer for my setting.

Elves are often in the social circles of nobility and aristocracy, valued for their beauty, artistry, and skill. The term blueblood actually refers to the blue blood of elves, that carried onto their half elf children and their children and so on and so forth.

They have a difficult time interacting with commoners, as they assume a certain nobility about them, or that they have powerful friends. This can make them targets more often than not.

Have that in my setting
Humans can be found as a minority group in High Elf and Hill Dwarf cities.
In both cases they end-up doing stuff nobody else likes, since on average they are not as smart as elves or as skilled as dwarves (and due to their short lives, they are unable to gather the necessary work experience.)

High Elves and Hill Dwarves can also be found as minority groups in large human cities, mostly as artisans and scholars.
Due to their long lives they tend to amass huge fortunes, which leads some people to believe they are secretly controlling the government.

Elven maturity is in proportion with their physical development, in my settings.

An 18 year old human is ready for having kids. An 18 year old elf is still in school.

A 25 year old human is showing signs of age.
A 25 year old elf is starting to acquire legal rights.

Banking.

They alienate themselves, you dumb ear sympathizer. I like to call em "the race of bitter hookers". See, first they seem nice and all with their perfect baby skin and weird asses, but when the time cums- err comes, they bitch at everything you do and nothing is enough for them.
"Waa foreplay is dumb, I cant do that, dont stick it too fast, slow down, lick me there again and I will castrate you with my ears, etc"
Point is, at the end of the day, you gained nothing but regret and the tree-molesters gained lots of cash. It ain't worth it. They are leeches and they should be kept at a distance.

By dumping the absurd "elves aren't physically adults" fluff from 1e back in the trashcan of history with the bearded dwarf women and the hobbit-lookalike halflings and going with the more sensible interpretation that all humanoid races mature at the same rate, elves/dwarves/gnomes just stop aging the way humans do when they hit their 20s?

Not this crap.

In my games, elves mature like humans until the mid-teens, their aging slowing drastically. A 100-300 year-old is indistinguishable physically from a 18-24 year-old. I use the life-spans from 1e AD&D, so elves can live up to 2000 years 9maybe longer). They're often at war with orcs, hobgoblins, dragons, demons/devils, so not too many make it that far.

You mean when an elf becomes the town rapist and pops all the lasses cherries you humans just accept him as a fully integrated member of your society? You humans are a intriguing bunch

Humans love rapists, and make them their leaders.

actually played a character that was just that.

Human sorc who was dropped in elven lands with his father by a shipwreck when he was like ten.

Basically got by because he was magic and also better looking than all the elves. It helped that his father was the ship's cook and they opened up a tavern that specialized in human cuisine. It's a fun backstory to work with.

>This is cheese-fried-bacon. It is goddamn terrible for you but it is the most delicious thing you've ever tasted. We recommend it with this ale you could just about cut with a knife. Don't cause trouble and I might top it off for free. Do cause trouble and I'll magic missile your level zero ass into the next century. Til then, I have elven women to get friendly with.

When your cha is 18 and your dick is twice as thick as anyone else's doors tend to open.

when you realize that you're basically the well integrated and super delicious kebab shop...

Cellica make you sleep on the couch again?

I know we did that in 2016

By being housewives

>Make human a minority
>Emphasis the same traits they are always lauded for
>They end up becoming a small race of madmen who have insane willpower and the ability to mate with anything with (or without) a pulse

I fucking love those.

>tfw used to have two at pretty much 2 minutes from my house
>Then moved away and haven't been able to find a decent kebab.

I don't know, but I'd smash that half-pighippo barmaid like Smaug was gonna hit in an hour

Artist has a cute style. I approve.

>blue blood

So their skin is blueish too? You know our skin is redish because of blood, right? The elves would be blue when blushing and bruised.

By being lewd

That's an elf's default state though

Modern fantasy about middle age elves acclimating to modern human society when?

As celebrities

>Why is it always the other races that are a minority?
Because Humanity Fuck Yeah

"Blue blood" is a collocation...

>How elves integrate in human society ?

They don't, they're outcasts and servants.

A broken people reminiscing about a glory age 5000 years ago.

They'd get wiped out or banished to some shitty location (human reserve) after the first bout of violence caused by or maybe just involving some human asshole
Or they'd breed to the point where humanity becomes the majority
Look at what happens IRL with minorities then consider what a near immortal would think of a bunch of apes acting like apes while declaring themselves civilized

That said you can really make it however you want user, it is "fantasy" after all.

The thing is going by cookie cutter dnd and PF settings elves are generally respected and looked at in awe, but the ignorance of others is always present and the thing those people hate is the elongated lifespan and generally uptight attitude.

Elves themselves seem to fall into two camps. Decades in diapers and mature by mid 20's then live a long ass time as an adult.

In both cases while they could come exist with other races they would probably be more withdrawn or isolated to varying degrees as most races don't live anywhere near as long as they do. Decades in diapers would be worse off because that friend you had in grade school would be dead before you left puberty. The adult at 20's wouldn't be so bad as early life would be basically the same as humans. And the major difference is with this flavor of elf the reason adult is placed at 100 is because physically the eld is mature but to their older kin until you lived for a century or so your still a child, which holds little bearing on inter species relation.

The biggest point of contention would be the elven idea of what constitutes an adult and even then it can be overlooked with a simple understanding of "the other races have to cram all the experience we do in a millennia into a century" and that fixes many issues. And with all settings while some would understand that logic, others would see it as a crappy excuse.

The decades in diapers would almost certainly be isolationists or if the coexist they don't befriend a single person so much as befriend a bloodline because by the time they reach adulthood they'd have outlived 2 family generations. So it would only make sense that friendships between elves and races with lower lifespans be a deep almost sacred bond between the two sides.

this

not this. elven body just stays in matury, is not something it takes too much time to reach maturity

They are slaves

Do not mention the daughter hater false president. True Emperor Tomaru knows that “primarchs” regularly fill their “clone-sons” with their “gene-seeds”.

There is actually no proof De Gaulle Saïd that.

For my setting at least, easily. Elves are made of dream and story, and naturally adjust to fit the role they're playing, as well as people's expectations of that role. It's actually very hard to tell the difference between an elf and a person who just so happens to fit a cliche, at least at a glance. The difference is that a person has traits beyond those ascribed to them by their place in the story of society, but with elves there's nothing behind the mask. At least not anything recognizable

>elf bdsm novels for women
Now I've seen everything.

Their skin tend to be paler yes, but not to the degree of your picture.

I don't know but I want to hug the elf boy.

>he thinks male elves exist

As fertiliser.

People gonna hate, sadly

>he thinks they don't

>Saïd
Is that your name?

That's an ugly elf girl

>he thinks female elves exist

With no breasts and a penis?

Jap shit was a mistake.

>Jap shit
>Those are clearly Warcraft elves

So if a Japanese artist draws an American, it's no longer drawn by a Japanese artist?

Bold faced bullshit. This is a Warcraft elf.

>Bold faced

It's "bald-faced", user.

No?

I mean, I don't care because I'm not a prescriptivist, but people who know will laugh at you.

Why is Veeky Forums so full of illiterate apes today?

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bold-faced

the right Man won

english.stackexchange.com/questions/137551/bald-faced-lie-vs-bold-faced-lie
It's actually barefaced lie.

well i'll be damned, ive been saying that wrong

Used as fancy kindling for religious pyres