mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Math-hammer 40k
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_imperiumisacuck,acuck!FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Photos of TS dex from last thread ty user
imgur.com/a/lxe5D

>TS dex scan
mega.nz/#!c00CxAqQ!5r759YbLjg740stqHH4oTR6ZQNJKfyyhGps-voN51uo

Stale:

Why are Dark Mechanicus so incompetent, bros?

I just discovered you can edit epubs.

Now I want to fix 8th edition.

big Celestine titties right in my face

Because they're too busy touching themselves over daemon toasters to pay attention at whatever they're building.

Doing the emperor's work there user. Now go forth and spread the butts!

Abnett needs to stop making novels that end on cliffhangers.

Ravenor and Eisenhorn had nice satisfying conclusions and Pariah + recent gaunt novels are a slaps in the face that offer no conclusion.

>'I am Alpharius'
>fucking ecclesiarchy dealing with CSM
>re-introducing eisenhorn with cherubael
>eisenhorn blowing the FUCK out of a CSM
>lol gaunt is effectively warmaster
>meryn just fucking shoots ezra fucking FUCK FUCK
>merity chass is actually a qt girl

They combine the incompetence of the Mechanicus with the incompetence of Chaos.
It's essentially a black hole from which no success can escape.

>Daemon Prince of Butts
>Scarab Butt Terminators
>Butt Spawn
>Chaos Butt Raider

>Pink Butts
>Blue Butts
>Pair of Brimstone Butts

That was what I thought, too. I have NO idea how you'd actually write rules for it, though.

Probably 30k, I doubt it was designed early enough to get a slot in Fires of Cyraxus despite all the delays. It's FUCKING AWESOME, though.
Shai-hulud augmented sandworm Lord of War anyone?

My Biologis are totally grabbing Scoria to augment all my HQs with his parts. The model isn't amazing, but since it's so complex it'll be in lots of usable parts, I can get away with sticking one armour plate on each of my Genetor Spider-Dominus legs and I can use his scenic base.

and not to mention some obvious hints yoncy is at least sensitive to the warp or a pysker or even capable of talking to some sort of daemon

fucking abnett it's another years long wait until either series gets a new novel too, although at least magos is releasing soon

I need help, anons.
I ordered my first set of Banana boxes and can't decide on a paint scheme. I'd like to keep the gold armor and don't want to use any of the color schemes already in the codex. Which means red, purple and black no longer apply for secondary colors. So what else goes well with gold? Should I just accept I picked an NPC faction and paint them like one?

Abnett just needs to stop.
All of his "good" novels are decades old.

posting a quick mock up of macha/taldeer that someone in the last thread wanted to see. before I take her apart for cleaning/gap filling/painting

You could try blue.

So a slaanesh codex basically?

Don't, while he's changed his novels are still nice imo

Teal

> Dorn
> Valdor
> Alpharius
> Scoria
> a fucking squat
> literally 20+ other things previewed or released

FW are back baby

Guard player here, what are some unconventional/fun ways to fight against a Tau gunline?
Here are some ideas I had:
>deep striking sentinels right into their units
>conscript hordes with ministorum priest, regimental standard and commissar
>crusader spam with an astropath with bodyguard behind them to completely negate their firepower
>hordes of Ogryns
>flanking Tallarns

His shit-tier writing is also running 2000AD into the ground.

Better sell them now at peak value.

They'll be worth nothing once mono-custodes battle reports start popping up.

> Nothing in the game can kill me
> Not even a spider man

>Dorn
Meh. It's alright.

>Valdor
This one is great.

>Alpharius
I mean. I guess that's cool. Could have just represented him with any Alpha Legionnaire though, that would be more on point.

>Scoria
Looks shitty, I'm sad about it.

>a fucking squat
Neat.

>Boring ass drill, boring ass ordinatus with a big dumb buttplug drill, boring ass Knight variant #23845
Sigh.

The most exciting thing I've seen was the RT era landspeeder.

An user posted some great gold/white Custodes a few threads ago, if you're good enough to paint white, definitely try that.

No such thing as Tau gunlines now. Any Tau player worth his salt knows mobile mid-range combat is best.

Lerneans are anti-Termie Termies.

I have no idea how guard work in practice so it's up to you to make this idea work, BUT...

Out-jetpack and out-shoot them for maximum insult

literal metal box

I'm interested how he looks outside his Abeyant

Ah sorry, I ahven't played against Tau in 8th yet.
>mobile mid-range combat is best
So are infiltrator kroots and hopping suits back?

Sentinels, definitely. Remember, you can infiltrate them then pay 1cp to just straight up move them next to models with no overwatch allowed.

>anti-Termie
>volkite

But they aren't

>tzangor enlightened automatically wound on a roll of 6+
>tzangor shaman adds +1 to their hit rolls
>exalted sorcerer can let them reroll 1s, and cast prescience to give them another +1 to hit rolls.
>tzangor enlightened now auto wound on a roll of 4+ rerolling 1s.

So this is the new death star right?

Nah, no JSJ, they just fall back out of combat and shoot like everything with the FLY keyword.

Kroot are only really useful as a meat shield, even I don't take them and I love auxiliaries

Nice to see a Primarch model with a helmet for once
Trouble is Alpharius is fucking weird to use in-game, he's terrible at being a Primarch and his buffs rely on a lot of gimmicks that you need to build your entire army around

Y'Vahra
Deep Strike Commanders
Drone Spam
Strike Squad + Fireblade

These are the only viable ways to play them now. All under 18 inch range.

Not even close.
There's no way to keep your T4 2W 5++ Birdbois alive for the retaliation

This is kinda cool, I see conversion potential for Arbites/GSC/custom Guard regiments

>"SA and Militia need smaller transports."
>"How about the Rhino, that's pretty universal."
>"Yeah, but it's a Marine vehicle, despite all the art and fluff of it being used by regular humans..."
>"Well how about we make a whole new vehicle with all the characteristics of a Rhino, and charge £80 for it?"
>"Brilliant!"

I see a lot of Mars pattern Rhinos in SA/Militia lists in the future.

More ?

>death star
>just gets run over by genestealers and fucking dies
I don't think you know what that word means

Death stars are utterly impervious ironclad fortresses of melee rape. This is just an okay firebase.

Random powers fucking suck if it's just the same bullshit power you could pick up from a pyschic power.

Like your supposed to sacrifice the choice for something potentially fun not basic bitch 1 mortal wound shit.

>He doesn't know the horror of bbq tau
Stealths deploying crisis suits within flamer range is utterly horrifying as a nid player

Shittily changed the colors to blue in photoshop. I think I dig it.

>glamour of tzeentch for -1 to hit on the birdbois
>screening with summoned brimstones
>using warptime to guarantee charges against their main shooting guys, then turning the characters into chaos spawn in their shooting phase to guarantee they can't even fall back.

Tzaangor are based in AoS and 40k.
Truly the chosen race of Tzeentch and GW.

Is that supposed to be a cut rate rhino or a really cut rate land raider?

>you think you’re tough, do you?
>because one of us isn’t leaving here alive, and I’m the one with 6 wounds, a rerollable 3++, and IWND. I’m sorry, but you’ve thrown off the emperor’s groove

>he doesn't know how to screen his shit

40k meta discussion:
Problems with the system, CP, Strategems, etc and how to fix them.

>he doesn't know about tau deep striking without regard to enemy position.

There's that. It also reminds me of ultramarines a little too much now that I think about it. I might just go for the purple scheme in the codex. I love me some purple.

Way to ruin it. Fuck. Would white/blue work?

They still have to fit on the board within 9" of the thing they're trying to roast.

Betrayal at Calth or 2x CSM SC! box - what is the better way to build a 1000pts battalion detachment battalion is a must have, isn't it? list for casual games? I don't mind old CSM sculpts - they come with plenty of chaos bits and I will find a use for them for sure. Still, the BaC comes with 10 more marines and I don't really know what is more important for such a small games
plz no cultists
just no

No, they don't. Tau can deep strike directly into combat if they want thanks to homing beacons.

I am running EC for the noisy troop choices, and I have a spearhead with 2 oblit squads and a LC havoc squad in it.

Aside from the HQ maybe needing EC legion tactics for an aura on other squads, is there any reason not to make this spearhead alpha legion?

If you wanna do blue then go for it, but to me it looks super weird on a Custodian. Like E’s personal overdesigned gothic dudebros should have gold, red, and brown, not softer colors like blue and white. Purple would look pretty cool if done well though

Genestealers are a point sink that die to a light breeze, stop acting like they're strategy invalidating super units.

Depends on your legion.

I play EC, and I use my 2 B@C boxes because my troops are noise marines. I make the sonic guns from the meltas that come in the B@C box + some green stuff.

Anyone have better images of the Aurox rules?

What would you call those skinned faces bits?

I play arty guard, so i could definitely just bring squads of Basilisks and fuck his shit up, but i want to fuck his shit up creatively.
Thanks, sentinels really fuck up Tau infantry, dont they.

Well, I want to try every legion that can be played with generic CSM models - that's why I want to play spiky marines in the first place

>Inflicts D3 AP2 Auto wounds for every hit that ignore FnP and do not allow for IWND rolls and has a 3++ with T6 and a fuckload of attacks
Come at me, you fleshy banana looking cunt.

No you fucking moron, I'm saying they can't be placed on top of other models, and flamers have shit range. If you know how to screen you can keep them from being able to drop that beacon anywhere useful in the first place by literally bodyblocking them.

If you want regular CSM troops, then just take the B@C dudes and green stuff some chaos-ey bits

Looks like cut-rate Rhino.

>Kroots still useless
GW better fix this

Beakies are cool.

They're the most point-efficient melee units in the game and can cross the entire board in one turn if you play Kraken, going from complete safety from being targeted behind terrain or out of range to eating your shit. They're also just one example. Plenty of other armies have similar moves they can do. A deathstar isn't a fucking firebase, it's something that would shrug off any attack like that.

Probably neither, you’ll want to get a sorcerer and probably a DP for your HQs, but lords are good as well. Cultists are unfortunately miles more useful than our pathetic basic bois, and running anything more than 3x5 basic squads is tantamount to shooting yourself in the foot- zero return on over 200 points is pathetic. CSM lists are usually only good when built to some end, and unlike the cohesive element of marines we’re better with individual units operating independently at what they do best. A good list gets good in the HQ, elite and heavy support section, not troops or even really fast attack. Avoid the Heresy of soup.

really it’s all about the flavor you want, BaC is nice if you’re going for a relic look and want to incorporate FW stuff, it’s really up to you. I love the goofy CSM sculpts so that’s my preference, to each his own. So what army are you making, something specific or just ?

You're a legit retard. Do you even play this game?

Ws5 A3 with 2 extra power axe swings doesn't qualify as fuck load dingus

The whole thing is better as AL with some cultist to fill the battalion tax. The max blob of noisbois with prescience, rr1, shoot twice, and delightful agony infiltrating first turn into range is legitimate.

Yes. Tau are fucking shit.

>Gives you the D
Robofucker

I want a mixed imperium army with a inquisitor at its head, is it worth?

5 Attacks from one guy seems like a lot to me
Literally every time it hits you you'll lose a Hull Point, you get dicked just as hard my entombed friend

A4, abeyant gives +1A. Also, 3++, 5W, FnP, IWND and a not insignificant amount of dakka.

Mathhammer says it's a dead heat, so whoever charges wins.

I think I agree. I'm pretty set on purple now and we'll see how it turns out.

So when do the 3 new codexes come out?

Rules (for ants): >Rhino cost
>Rhino stats

Looks like a Rhino. Can't make out the capacity. Could be 10, could be more.

how do i "mix" my own ulthuan grey? I forgot to buy some but the store just closed :(

Depends. Sisters and scions with an inquisitor and bodyguard Detachment, plus GK/DW/red Hunters to taste is fluffy and cool.

If your “worth” means taking 100 Guard mortars, 2 russes, and a bunch of repressor+dominion meltas then the German showers are that way

I love the legion fluff too much to not have purple noise bois and lucius as my battalion.

However for WAAC games you are probably right, I can keep that in my pocket if that becomes needed.

Right now I am using 3 noise marine squads, a max sized possessed squad, a daemon prince w/ elixir, and a sorcerer. All this so I can get delightful agonies and warp time on a big blob of choppy units that benefit from flawless perfection.

You'd need roughly 21 1-inch models to screen a single 1 inch model, going by areas. Assuming you're playing with conscripts as the cheapest screening unit I'm aware of, you would need to pay a 63 point tax for every unit that you're protecting with a screen.

Managing such a blob would be impossible in a timed turn format as well, since IIRC movement trays aren't allowed.

The problems only get worse the bigger the model to be protected is.

Darker grey plus white.
Lighter grey plus black.

thanks man

Looks like a Multi-laser and BS4. I think?

This further reinforces my theory that Rogue Trader (Warhammer 40k 1e) is actually set around roughly M31-32. Legions are still having to settle into Chapters, they're not quite out of their Legionnaire mentality born to kill, world is a fuck, the old patterns from the Heresy are still in use, and the Imperium just got fractured much like the Imperium post-Heresy was until they got their shit back together. Come to think of it, Rogue Traders would be pretty important post-Heresy, since the Imperium needs feelers sent out again to salvage whatever it can out of the blackened wreckage of the Heresy.

Rogue Trader, in my observation, is being un-rereretconned by the Horus Heresy, it's just quietly scribbling out the "40k" portion and pushing it to just post-Heresy/post-Scouring.

>something specific or just ?
My dudes. I want to use a neutral/universal color scheme to have fun with swapping between legions and chaos marks. I love this mechanic in AoS and want to use it in 40k
>BaC is nice if you’re going for a relic look and want to incorporate FW stuff
I don't really want to use any FW stuff - I find even the old plastic to be better than resin/finecast. I just really don't like to work with FW non-plastic products.
>A good list gets good in the HQ, elite and heavy support section, not troops or even really fast attack
So more marines will not help me at all, yup? With 2 SC boxes I can pay the troop tax, build a squad of havocs, assemble my HQs as Termie Lord and Termie Sorc. Also I still have two Brutes love this model but I have no idea if it is any good desu

Mixing up from white is going to be easier to control, harder to paint. Add tiny, tiny little bits of black to a grey. Don't mix White Scar white and Abbadon Black, it's going to turn out terribly.