"This campaign will be using the pathfinder system!"

>"This campaign will be using the pathfinder system!"

Absolutely.

But, then again - I'll do that for any fantasy campaign that isn't WHFRP anyway.

I play Sci-fi.

But what if I were to homebrew something and disguise it as published content? How delightfully devilish seymoure

>DM says he's prepared "tussles" for your session

Why is there a thread begging Veeky Forums for ideas open on your laptop Seymour

>pozzfinder with me guys

>tfw run a game
>Work on story and shit mostly
>Completely forget about system
>Game has already started
>Freak out and just continue the game with o system and just cobble a new one together as it goes along
>Mfw it actually works and they like it
>Everything_went_better_than_expected.png

Oh, that isn't Veeky Forums! That's /tv/! I'm asking for ideas for a fantasy movie I'm making. U-m-m-m-m, movies.

>you ask your dm about his lingo
>he says its a regional dialect despite knowing this man your entire life
>you know he has never been to albany

I really hope this never dies.

Depends on the DM

Anyone who insists on only core rulebook and first party splats and runs an official Pazio AP is out automatically.

Anyone who allows by default a predetermined 3PP splats that he's personally played before in addition to 1PP and is willing to review other 3PP content before giving a yea or nea and sometimes worth considering.

Because let's face it, Pathfinder sucks without extensive modification.

>inb4 have you not tried playing DnD

>get a load of this guy

>"Now that we've finished that D&D campaign what should I run now? I've been looking at a few different games you guys might like to try."
>"Actually we'd rather you run another D&D module."

I didn't know Chocobos were real

Kentucky Fried Chocobo

>Hey look, there's 3 of these threads up already. >You know what we could really use? A 4th one

Nigger you like starwars and 40k which is space fantasy

>Not seeing that this thread transcends Pathfinder and is really about Steamed Hams

Traveller- and Twilight 2000- mostly.

But, I do like me a Imp-Guard "Running and Screaming" campaign, which is pretty space fantasy.

Why do /pol/fags speak in gibberish?

Should have read:
>>"This campaign will be using a d20-based system!"

>Why do /pol/fags speak in gibberish?
Just like newfags in 2006 who first learned about Veeky Forums through /b/, they don't understand that /pol/ is just one board on this site and they assume everyone here is also a /pol/tard who's intimately familiar with their shitty board.

>Traveller- and Twilight 2000- mostly.
Patrician but a bit grognard. 1st edition Twilight?

A well aged meme.

all 3.

I think that Twilight 1e is the better for infantry-fights, but, all of the vehicle rules are 100% retarded. 2/2.2 makes better vehicles, but, eeeeeeh.

I think I was one of the few who bought the 3rd ed from 93 Games Studios - Still think it is THE BEST system for portraying a fast-, accurate firefight - too bad the fiction was hot dog-ass.

I play all of the variants of Traveller - depends on what the players want to run.

I think the only game where I'm super autistic about the edition is 3rd ed Gamma World - I just fucking LOVE all of the additional adventure books.

All fringe groups keep people in the fringe group away from the generally more moderate populace through different forms of isolationism. Part of creating that gulf artificially is teaching them to communicate through their own language that others won't understand, so they are encouraged only to speak with those already indoctrinated.

Think of how Scientology teaches people terms for the classification of others, and encourages their own to think and operate along those lines, drawing them away from those closest to them.

And if you think that's bullshit, consider the connotation of "normie" and how that's regarded by the /pol/-crowd, and what encouragement, positive or negative, that meaning reinforces.

I enjoyed 2E. The burst rules were unusual and fun but too complicated. I loved the related Dark Conspiracy most of all. Completely forgotten and underappreciated game.

Its a regional dialect.

Oh man, I love running Dark Conspiracy.

Problem is - nowadays - everyone seems to want to deal with Cthulhu, and its "can't shoot your way out of this" motif doesn't apply to Dark Conspiracy well.

I don't think I've played a game of Dark conspiracy since like 99

Stop blaming everything you don't like on /pol/, normie originated on /r9k/ and doesn't even have much to do with "truebreed" poltards, if anything the spreading of normie there shows how not so serious many people in there are about /pol/ ideology. They just use it because it's a general Veeky Forums thing (and not only Veeky Forums) and some people from Veeky Forums seem to go to /pol/ at times.

There's a "new" edition, I bought it on drivethru but.. oh my, where do I even begin?

Life of a Perma-DM

>making a distinction between /pol/ and /r9k/
Semantics.

nah, looked at it. Went NOPE, and retreated back to my hole.

YEP. why I stopped running fantasy games, because you never escape the orbit of 3.5/PF/4/r shenanigans.

>"This campaign will be using the pathfinder system!"

I feel like that's Bullshitto.

Bump

>Ah, the party approach the forest of Hexavald.
>Good lord! Is that language what I think it is?
>Alimansch!
>A language you made up that sounds like Italian and Spanish for “German” which happens to sound like the two German words combined?
>... Yes.
>... Can I learn it?
>... ... ... No.
The other Steamed Hams in my group didn’t believe me during the session.

Good taste user

I posted in the thread and didn't get capped.

>tfw I called Seymour that dm

>It's a thread made on the premise of a story behind an image posted in le ebin filename bread.

Why are you like this?

Underrated